Could Central Coast be classed as THE 3RD SYDNEY TEAM?

Could Central Coast be classed as THE 3RD SYDNEY TEAM?

Author
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Weird how they linked rocking ham, mandurah and Banbury together. Rockingham is part of Perth and Banbury is 2 hours away.
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Joffa wrote:
New Zealand Knights 1 : 3 Sydney FC North Harbour Stadium, Auckland Attendance: 9,827
New Zealand Knights 0 : 0 Newcastle Jets North Harbour Stadium, Auckland Attendance: 7,304

It drops off markedly from there. From my quick research I can't see >4.5k
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Joffa wrote:
New Zealand Knights 1 : 3 Sydney FC North Harbour Stadium, Auckland Attendance: 9,827
New Zealand Knights 0 : 0 Newcastle Jets North Harbour Stadium, Auckland Attendance: 7,304

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_A-League#Home_and_away_season

19 November 2011
Wellington Phoenix 1 : 1 Adelaide United
Eden Park, Auckland
Attendance: 20,078

Source.

:-k
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Joffa wrote:

19 November 2011
Eden Park, Auckland

Source.

7 March 2010
Wellington 3 - 1 Newcastle Jest
Cake Tin, Wellington
Attendance = 32,792.

[-( How the mighty have fallen :shock:

Source
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

williamn wrote:
Boban wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
Penrith WTF- that is WSW territory
Wollongong That is in my list
Tasmania Maybe - but I can't remember any Tassie footballers ever playing for Oz
Canberra That is in my list
2nd Brisbane I don't reckon the city is big enough
2nd Adelaide Same as Brisbane
Regional Victorian (ie non-Melbourne).
North Queensland if the rebadged Fury stick and twist in the APL.

I reckon 14 is more realistic than 16. 14 teams would give us 26 rounds and perfect as far as season length and fair draws are concerned.

i cant see two teams playing out of suncorp or one at ballymore, one at suncorp working. neither having two teams at hindmarsh or one at hindmarsh and one at adelaide oval.

If cities with 2.15 million (Brisbane), 1.8 million (Perth) and 1.2 million (Adelaide) can't support a second team in the future (ie from the TV deal after this one that just got signed), then how is putting teams in cities with 250k-150k people any better?

Is that what the league is going to end up as? A handful of big city teams with supporter bases numbering in the millions, while everyone else in the league struggle with low support bases and for basic profitability the same way CCM have, even when CCM have been so successful on the pitch?

We can't ignore regional areas, but we can't ignore second and third teams in big cities. Especially on the East Coast where the majority of TV ratings come from.

As for Penrith, while it is nominally "Western Sydney" it has enough of an identity as it's own region that it should be a viable proposition for the 3rd Sydney team.

No matter where you put a 3rd team in Sydney you'll be cannibalising either WSW (Blacktown, Penrith, Campbelltown being the major choices people want for a 3rd team) or Sydney FC (Sutherland), unless you put it at Manly, which would be a massive risk.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

4wanderer4 wrote:
thupercoach wrote:
4wanderer4 wrote:
williamn wrote:
and bring in wollongong wolves who can try and form a rivalry with perth glory, and then canberra united to form a rivalry with wellington phoenix (both with my optimist hat on)

Cannot believe Wollongong has been ignored this long - they already have their own social club, they have an absolutely majestic and recently-renovated stadium in a perfect location, a history of 2 National titles and always drew pretty decently in the NSL. Simply a must. Plus, we would only be competing there with the Dragons who don't exactly flood them with games and it would be their off-season, and the Hawks who aren't much of a threat at 3-4k a game max. Only issue I guess is finance, would need huge community support but they've done that for Wanderers and working so far.

I'm a massive believer in the concept of bringing back the Wolves, and running them along similar lines to CCM. Unfortunately from what I understand there has never been a financial backer/backing group able to come up with the money. And while FFA were happy to start up WSW, and frankly were out of options when they did, I doubt they'd be willing to take a chance on the South Coast.

But if I'm allowed to dream, I'd love to see the Wolves back and connected with the community, tapping into an area as far north as Engadine and Campbelltown, down Bulli and into Wollongong and then all the way to Kiama and even Nowra. That's a catchment area large enough to average a solid 6-7K at the very least, to be played at WIN Stadium.

And as a Sydney fan, that would be another great away game to visit, along with CCM and NJ and now West Sydney.

God yes, think of the away trips - Newcastle, Gosford, Wanderers, Wollongong and Canberra... Would be a proper league. All within 150km of us. And I DO love playing away, even though my favourite away chant is "I want to go home, this town is a sh**hole, I want to go home". Wollongong away would be an absolute dream.

All things considered, Wollongong is a safer bet than Townesville was assuming there is fanincial backing... they have decent football pedigree 2 titles, natural rivals in Western Sydney and SFC, a far better stadium than DairyFarmers, better public transport, and very little competition for media space. Gotta be in the plans for the next expansion, and ahead of Townesville.

Edited by 4wanderer4: 28/12/2012 11:23:35 PM

Even for us melbourne fans it would be amazing, the more reachable away matches the better.

Viennese Vuck

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I understand that the OP is not from Sydney, let alone NSW, but that's geography fail.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

4wanderer4 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Joffa wrote:

19 November 2011
Eden Park, Auckland

Source.

7 March 2010
Cake Tin, Wellington
Attendance = 32,792.

Source

That was a semi final, mind you.
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro

paladisious wrote:
4wanderer4 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Joffa wrote:

19 November 2011
Eden Park, Auckland

Source.

7 March 2010
Cake Tin, Wellington
Attendance = 32,792.

Source

That was a semi final, mind you.

Still, 10% of the entire city was there :P
Bally #1
Bally #1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

patjennings wrote:
It could just be me - but I've always considered the Smurfs as the second Central Coast team (Central Coast South if you will). It's all in your perspective I guess ;)

Ha ha....... tosser
Bally #1
Bally #1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie wrote:
i always thought of CCM as a team sandwiched between sydney fc and newcastle jets

Spot on, no room to grow. It's a little holiday town, the economy is gained by Sydney weekenders, retired couples and penny pinchers who will never support CCM. Bad location choice for a club IMO.

Great club though, would be awesome if they could uproot them to Canberra!
shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

i dont think they should be considered the 3rd sydney team. with the mariners and if wollongong ever come into the a league i dont think there will ever need to be more than 2 teams in sydney. with teams like woolongong or canberra coming in it would mean there would be like 5 teams (wanderers,newcaslte,ccm,sydfc,woolongong and canberra) all within a day trip on the train distance from each other.

i for one want the a league to be more spread out, so yes bring in woolongong and canberra whenever it would be possible but also nth qld and tassie.
wswgeorge25
wswgeorge25
Weekender
Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)Weekender (36 reputation)

People need to start looking at the bigger picture, and at how we can take our league to the next level.

New Zealand is not the answer: ASEAN is.

Brunei DPMM FC - are playing in the S-League and averaged over 5K (which for the S-League is amazing, some teams draw two figure crowds). Their initial games had almost 10K at each game.

Singapore Lions XII - used to play in the Malaysian League back in the 80's and 90's where they used to sell out the 50K National Stadium. They rejoined the M-League last season. In 2014 the new Singapore National Stadium (65K) will be finished. Singapore just won the Suzuki Cup.

Harimau Muda - Nickname for the Malaysian national team. Currently play as a club in the S-League (reciprocal agreement in allowing Lions XII into the M-League), and as a B team in the Malaysian Second Division.
- If not Harimau Muda, then bring in one of the two big Malaysian teams such as Kelantan, or Selangor.

Indonesian football is in domestic turmoil. Offer their bigger clubs potential to move to the next level in terms of player development, commercial development, and professionalism, by entry into the A-League. Persija Jakarta comes to mind considering they get crowds upwards of 40K every week.

Domestic expansion has limited potential apart from Canberra and Wollongong, Tasmania being a possibility if the State Government there decided to build a 12K stadium in Hobart. Gold Coast will not work, then you start clutching at straws. Townsville does not have enough people to draw 10K every week - that's why they failed. Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Geelong, Albury, Darwin don't have the facilities or required population for support.

If this were to be pulled off, the television rights money would be extraordinarily high.

RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

NZK were drawing alright at first, but the fact they only won 1 game out of the whole first season (finishing on 5 points I think) really did them no favours

They didnt recruit very well either, and just seemed half-arsed all round. It actually wasnt until Ricky Herbert took over at the end of the second season that they actually resembled a football team, and by then it was too late
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Bally #1 wrote:
HeyItsRobbie wrote:
i always thought of CCM as a team sandwiched between sydney fc and newcastle jets

Spot on, no room to grow. It's a little holiday town, the economy is gained by Sydney weekenders, retired couples and penny pinchers who will never support CCM. Bad location choice for a club IMO.

Dumb post. The growth is through the population expansion in the Sydney basin. Plenty of people have moved up here to get away from the congestion and housing prices of Sydney while still being close enough to work there. (the hell do you think we get called Gypos?) I moved here 10 years ago and it may have been nice little holiday town then but its growing into a city unto itself.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

RedshirtWilly wrote:
Bally #1 wrote:
HeyItsRobbie wrote:

Dumb post. The growth is through the population expansion in the Sydney basin. Plenty of people have moved up here to get away from the congestion and housing prices of Sydney while still being close enough to work there. (the hell do you think we get called Gypos?) I moved here 10 years ago and it may have been nice little holiday town then but its growing into a city unto itself.

Got to agree with this. Have just spent a week in Woy Woy/Umina and it's amazing how busy the latter especially has gotten in the last 5-years.

Put it this way, Umina used to be a sleepy beach suburb with a couple of shops, a fish and chip joint, a petrol station and a small Flemmings/Woolworths.

Now they've got 3 major supermarkets, large ones too (Woolworths, Coles, & ALDI), 2 large supermarket bottleshops (BWS/Liqourland) and a Bunnings Warehouse to open in 2013. My Aunty who lives up there tells me a McDonalds will be opening up in 2013, and there are plans for a KFC slightly further down the road in Ettalong.

Woy Woy/Umina are also only a 15-20 minute drive from Gosford and Bluetounge Stadium. The Market is there. Quite frankly I think the problem is the demographics in the area - that's my opinion. It's too much of a Rugby League dominated area - football is always going to be difficult to get a foothold in, even if the Mariners are doing well.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

South-East Melbourne = Dandenong+Frankston+Cranbourne+Pakenham+Mornington = 735,424

It would be second only to Auckland on my list of potential unrepresented markets on the other page.

Here's an unused greenfield site right next to Dandenong station that would fit a small cheap 10-15k stadium.
williamn
williamn
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

if only melbourne heart made themselves useful and represented the dandenong region instead
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

williamn wrote:
if only melbourne heart made themselves useful and represented the dandenong region instead

That was in their bid, IIRC.
VedranFC
VedranFC
Pro

paladisious wrote:
South-East Melbourne = Dandenong+Frankston+Cranbourne+Pakenham+Mornington = 735,424

It would be second only to Auckland on my list of potential unrepresented markets on the other page.

Here's an unused greenfield site right next to Dandenong station that would fit a small cheap 10-15k stadium.

I've never been to Melbourne so don't crucify me for being misinformed... but isn't the Frankston line considered the most dangerous and dero-filled public transport corridor in the country? :?

Also, Cheltenham \:d/ \:d/ \:d/ I live there, but in Sydney - best suburb in the country.

Are there any decent grounds anywhere near this area of Melbourne, other than the Thunders' ground which is nowhere near what is needed?

Edited by 4wanderer4: 29/12/2012 06:53:12 PM
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

4wanderer4 wrote:
Are there any decent grounds anywhere near this area of Melbourne, other than the Thunders' ground which is nowhere near what is needed?

Not at all. Melbourne is very centrist with our infrastructure, which is normally a good thing as our CBD is actually in the centre, unlike Sydney's right out east.

However, the South-East sprawls out much further than any other part of Melbourne; it's about an hour by train to the city from Frankston, Pakenham and Cranbourne, while the latter two lines join at Dandenong station. Geelong and Ballarat are about the same travel time in the other direction, and they're whole separate cities.

4wanderer4 wrote:
I've never been to Melbourne so don't crucify me for being misinformed... but isn't the Frankston line considered the most dangerous and dero-filled public transport corridor in the country?

:lol: Yep, it's scumsville down that way. Also a fair share of migrants from football countries too, and young families. Including young males, it's the Wiltonian holy trinity of people to market a club to. A possible cultural point of difference, a-la Wanderers?

That said, Melbourne is also very centrist culturally; there isn't really a name for "Greater South-East Melbourne", and I'm sure many Victory and Heart fans make the trip from down that way (as do some from Ballarat and Geelong - I was one of them) but I'm sure a reformed Dandenong Thunder or a new team down there might attract a few more bums for seats.

Google Earth tells me that a Hindmarsh or a Loftus Road would easily fit in the spot I pointed out with all the requisite amenities.

All theory and speculation of course.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

4wanderer4 wrote:
I've never been to Melbourne

Well I suggest you come down for Australia Day and see a real crowd ;)
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paladisious wrote:

Google Earth tells me that a Hindmarsh or a Loftus Road would easily fit in the spot I pointed out with all the requisite amenities.

That site is really too narrow for a football stadium. You could squeeze the grandstands in but it wouldn't have the space around them that is necessary for safe egress. Additionally the ground would run NW - SE which is about as bad as you can get for day time games.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Gyfox wrote:
paladisious wrote:

That site is really too narrow for a football stadium. You could squeeze the grandstands in but it wouldn't have the space around them that is necessary for safe egress. Additionally the ground would run NW - SE which is about as bad as you can get for day time games.

The entire site at it's skinniest is 140m, the footprint of Hindmarsh is 135m. And it wouldn't be that big anyway, it'd surely be more like a pre-reconfigured Bob Jane Stadium, which was 125m. The entire footprints of Loftus Road and Craven Cottage are both less wide than 120m. As for NE-SE orientation there's another site across the road to the south if it's too much of an issue.

I don't think those are the biggest hurdles for a SE Melbourne team getting up.

Edited by paladisious: 29/12/2012 08:05:28 PM
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Gyfox wrote:
paladisious wrote:

The entire site at it's skinniest is 140m, the footprint of Hindmarsh is 135m. And it wouldn't be that big anyway, it'd surely be more like a pre-reconfigured Bob Jane Stadium, which was 125m. The entire footprints of Loftus Road and Craven Cottage are both less wide than 120m. As for NE-SE orientation there's another site across the road to the south if it's too much of an issue.

82m for the width of the pitch, 12m for railway side grandstand, 20m for Cheltenham Rd side grandstand, a space for toilets and then about 10-15 metres all around for the external concourse plus there is then landscaping requirements and mandatory off street parking for Broadcast Vans/team coaches/official cars/media and council requirements for off street fan parking etc etc. 240m x 180m is a nice size for initial planning purposes but you can squeeze them in less especially if they are in an existing park.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Back in the boom years...

442 wrote:
Casey Plans A-League Coup

Mar 7 2008

ONE of Melbourne's fastest growing regions – an area which has produced Socceroo and Celtic star Scott McDonald - wants its own A-League team.

The City of Casey in Melbourne's south-east has confirmed they have held discussions about bringing a second Victorian A-League side to their area.

Casey manager of city living Richard Amon said work was being done with Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and nearby shires to develop a regional football strategy.

“This direction will consider issues relating to both the requirements of a regional soccer facility that represents the City of Casey in soccer competitions and FFV’s own vision for a presence in the south east of Melbourne,” he told Berwick News.

Interestingly, the region was to have an AFL side based there, but when that fell through, city officials decided to pursue plans for football.

Casey encompasses an area around one hour's drive from Telstra Dome, so it's not expected to weaken the existing Victorian franchise Melbourne Victory.

Central to any A-League franchise would be Casey Fields, a 70 hectare multi-sport site in suburban Cranbourne where Celtic and Aussie star Scott McDonald hails from.

And according to Casey's own figures, an A-League franchise could be just what the rapidly growing area might want. The City of Casey has consistently been one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities over the past 15 years.

The population is expected to reach 350,000 by 2031, making it as big as Canberra is today. This of course does not factor in football fans from across Melbourne – in particular the outer regions such as the Mornington Peninsula, the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges and the coastal parts of Westernport – who may want to also support Casey's A-League side.

What's more, with the A-League's appeal with younger people, the numbers of youth in Casey are forecast to rise over the next decade. Right now, around 40,000 students are in primary and high school in the area and the percentage of 12-24 age group is currently around 20%.

Deputy Mayor of Casey Colin Butler tells au.fourfourtwo.com that the area is struggling to keep up with demand for football pitches for its juniors.

With FFA committed to expanding the A-League, such a growing area in Melbourne located well away from the existing A-League franchise should be worth exploring.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Gyfox wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Gyfox wrote:
paladisious wrote:

82m for the width of the pitch, 12m for railway side grandstand, 20m for Cheltenham Rd side grandstand, a space for toilets and then about 10-15 metres all around for the external concourse plus there is then landscaping requirements and mandatory off street parking for Broadcast Vans/team coaches/official cars/media and council requirements for off street fan parking etc etc. 240m x 180m is a nice size for initial planning purposes but you can squeeze them in less especially if they are in an existing park.

Yes I do understand that, but those examples I've mentioned have done it all with bigger stadiums in smaller spaces.

Funny, now you mention it, Bob Jane and Craven Cottage are on almost the exact same angle as this theoretic stadium.
mltezr
mltezr
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

shallow hal wants a gal wrote:
i dont think they should be considered the 3rd sydney team. with the mariners and if wollongong ever come into the a league i dont think there will ever need to be more than 2 teams in sydney. with teams like woolongong or canberra coming in it would mean there would be like 5 teams (wanderers,newcaslte,ccm,sydfc,woolongong and canberra) all within a day trip on the train distance from each other.

i for one want the a league to be more spread out, so yes bring in woolongong and canberra whenever it would be possible but also nth qld and tassie.

yeah i agree with this. when woolongong and canberra come in i think that is enough for the NSW area. thats 12 teams.
we really need another 2 teams after this. north queensland again, and then im not sure. if tasmania can work i would put them in. thats 14 teams.
i would add that i would seriously consider puting woolongong and canberra in straight after the world cup, ride on the sucess of that then the asian cup that we host the year after should consolidate some decent crowds and interests.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paladisious wrote:
Back in the boom years...

442 wrote:
Casey Plans A-League Coup

Thanks bro, interesting.
williamn
williamn
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Casey United FC and Fairfield City FC to join the a-league in 2015 and represent the little people fighting for a say in our communities.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search