The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
It would be great for them to be on board as a permanent sponsor.
2ndBest
2ndBest
Fan
Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)Fan (88 reputation)

Quote:
Hearfield to leave Phoenix
Troy Hearfield has announced he will leave the Wellington Phoenix at the end of this season to take up a deal with the Central Coast Mariners.

Troy Hearfield will leave the Wellington Phoenix at the end of the club's playoff campaign.

Hearfield has signed a deal with fellow A-League side the Central Coast Mariners.

He says he's never had a better bunch of teammates than the ones at the Phoenix.

However he says there comes a time when you have to look after yourself and your future.

Hearfield has played 69 games in his three seasons with the Phoenix.

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spsoc/Detail.aspx?id=190991

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
These are great moves by the club. Doig was on a big wage and was also taking up a visa spot and he wasn't even playing. With him gone it will free up a lot of cap space.

We have now signed Hearfield who can play at both RB and RM which is great cover for Bojic and McGlinchey. I don't know where this leaves Brad Porter though.

I am very happy with this series of events. Forza Mariners!
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

So whats with the Coastie Boyz hate?
absent
absent
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:
These are great moves by the club. Doig was on a big wage and was also taking up a visa spot and he wasn't even playing. With him gone it will free up a lot of cap space.

We have now signed Hearfield who can play at both RB and RM which is great cover for Bojic and McGlinchey. I don't know where this leaves Brad Porter though.

Doig's is a loan deal? He'll be back for the start of next season won't he? Or will his CCM deal expire by that time?

Edited by absent_doz_2259: 17/2/2011 10:45:36 AM
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Absent_doz_2259 wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:

Doig's is a loan deal? He'll be back for the start of next season won't he? Or will his CCM deal expire by that time?

Edited by absent_doz_2259: 17/2/2011 10:45:36 AM

Doigy signed a two year deal which expires june this year.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:

Yeh I dont see him bursting into the starting 11, but i think he will be more influential than Porter has ever been. So generally a step up in quality.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Once Doig's loan is up he is a free agent. There is no-way we'll re-sign him as he's on decent coin and takes up a visa spot and has played a total of about 100 minutes this year.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

so do you reckon Hearfield can step in as a back up centre back as well ?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
so do you reckon Hearfield can step in as a back up centre back as well ?

No way. He's not that type of player. He can play all up the right side. To use FIFA terminology, he can play RB, RWB, RM and RW.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

if Doigy goes then who will best fill the hole if Wilko or Dutchy fall over ? I dont reckon the weakness is in our left and right sides - but would rather have some insurance in the middle.
Bayside
Bayside
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)

go you yellow wrote:
if Doigy goes then who will best fill the hole if Wilko or Dutchy fall over ? I dont reckon the weakness is in our left and right sides - but would rather have some insurance in the middle.

Rostyn or Pedj maybe?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Yeah that's a good question. I'm sure Arnie will look at signing a suitable CB back-up in the off-season. We don't really have a stand out youth CB either so I'd guess it'd be someone on the outer at their A-League club that would come to us relatively cheap and we would only use when Wilko or Dutchy can't play.

We are looking to have some very balanced cover next season. Our number 2's are relatively good players.

GK: Ryan. Back-up GK: Pasfield
RB: Bojic. Back-up RB: Porter/Hearfield/Sainsbury
RCB: Wilkinson. Back-up RCB: Griffiths/Bojic to CB
LCB: Zwaanswijk. Back-up LCB: Griffiths/Bojic to CB
LB: Rose. Back-up LB: Bojic to LB and Porter/Hearfield/Sainsbury to RB or Bozanic to LB and Lewis to LM.
CDM: Griffiths. Back-up CDM: Hutchinson
RM: McGlinchey. Back-up RM: Porter/Hearfield
LM: Bozanic. Back-up LM: Lewis
CAM: Perez. Back-up CAM: Amini
ST 1: Simon
ST 2: Kwasnik/McBreen/Baird/Other striker we've signed for next season.

Edited by cbowden9000: 17/2/2011 05:13:11 PM
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Feel like some of the young lads deserve a crack as well - Berni up front , Duke as well...

Nice feeling though - I'm not worried about depth at all - I love it
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Bayside wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Rostyn or Pedj maybe?

You're exactly right. Added to my list.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Arnie, Lawrie and Robbie Slater will be at the Kendall Bar in the League's Club from 5:00pm tomorrow. Should be great!
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Quote:
GRAHAM Arnold promised he would give youth its head when he took over the Mariners, and now the Central Coast's own Brat Pack is reaping the benefits.

Close-knit on and off the field, a core of the club's youth squad have graduated spectacularly into the first team this season.

Helped by the fact many of them live a stone's throw apart in the north-west of Sydney, the likes of goalkeeper Matt Ryan (18), Mustafa Amini (17), Matthew Lewis (20) and Bernie Ibini-Isei (17) will all have some role to play in the finals campaign, starting with Brisbane on Saturday night.

Ryan is the most spectacular success story, given his break in the wake of an injury to first choice Jess Vanstrattan and responding with a dozen clean sheets in 27 games.

Amini hasn't been far behind, stepping up to cover for the injuries to playmaker Patricio Perez, and Ibini-Isei scored on his full debut a fortnight ago.

Related Coverage
A-League squads: Finals Week One FoxSports, 1 day ago
Roar in a class of their own The Australian, 4 days ago
Mariners down Newcastle FoxSports, 5 days ago
Mariners kids kill off Gold Coast Herald Sun, 8 days ago
Classy Mariners coast into semis The Daily Telegraph, 8 days ago

"Me and Matty Lewis and Musti all played for the same club as kids, and there's a few of us went to Westfield Sports High, so we all know each other pretty well," Ryan said.

"It does help to have the understanding. There's even a couple of guys in the youth team who I played with at another club so it's quite funny that we've all ended up at the Mariners. It's been been really good being so involved, not just for myself but to see Musti play such a part and now Bernie too. When Patricio [Perez] arrived we thought he was going to set the world on fire but he had a few injury problems and then Musti stepped up. He's been so good I think everyone wants to see them play together."

Ryan's ascent has been remarkable, with Arnold content to give him the opportunity after Danny Vukovic had moved to Turkey and replacement Vanstrattan suffered a cruciate injury.

"When I joined the club, Danny Vukovic was No. 1 and there was no hint he was going anywhere," Ryan said.

"When he did obviously Jess Vanstrattan came in, and I thought maybe I would get the odd game. But the way it's worked out has amazed me, and when you think the level that Arnie has coached at, to have someone of that calibre express his confidence in me has been fantastic."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/keen-kids-steer-mariners-on-course/story-e6frey4r-1226007767491
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

I am so pumped about tonights game, it's frikin hot though ,hope it cools down by 7.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Anyone heard if anything is happening to trip playing strip for next season ?

Edited by go you yellow: 19/2/2011 01:21:50 PM
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:

Word on the street is it's going to be Yellow home, White away. A bit too similar to GCU for my liking. It's definitely going to be Hummel.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Word on the street is it's going to be Yellow home, White away. A bit too similar to GCU for my liking. It's definitely going to be Hummel.

mmmm I quite like the stripes , yellow sounds boring
FarcosMlores
FarcosMlores
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

go you yellow wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Let's not talk about GC when discussing kits. we were yellow a long time before they even existed.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

FarcosMlores wrote:
go you yellow wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Let's not talk about GC when discussing kits. we were yellow a long time before they even existed.

Yeah that's true. How dare they take our colours :evil:
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Alright lads suggestions pls as to what we do different next week to win by three.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

----------Ryan----------
-Bojic----Wilko----Rose
---------Dutchy---------
-Glinch---Amini---Bozanic
-Perez---Simon---Bernie

Or something like that
stefcep
stefcep
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

I was impressed and surprised with the CCM's second half, should have got a draw.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
----------Ryan----------
-Bojic----Wilko----Rose
---------Dutchy---------
-Perez---Simon---Bernie

Or something like that

I was worried as soon as i saw hutch run out onto the field last night, why would arnie mess with what has served us so well, he screwed around in the first game v bris and we got smashed, and i thought we should have started with rostyn g , which makes me wonder should we just change players rather than the formation.

I would leave the four at the back with rosty in holding midfield, and shift bernie onto the bench and bring him on for matt simon with 25 to go.

Perhaps doig might be needed , wilko looked a bit poorly at one stage last night , i wasnt convinced he was 100%
FarcosMlores
FarcosMlores
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

Guessing Arnie chose Hutch for his leadership and experience factor.

Play Musti and Perez together and give Bernie and Kwas a go
just do it GA
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:
----------Ryan----------
-Bojic----Wilko----Rose
---------Dutchy---------
-Perez---Simon---Bernie

Or something like that

I was worried as soon as i saw hutch run out onto the field last night, why would arnie mess with what has served us so well, he screwed around in the first game v bris and we got smashed, and i thought we should have started with rostyn g , which makes me wonder should we just change players rather than the formation.

I would leave the four at the back with rosty in holding midfield, and shift bernie onto the bench and bring him on for matt simon with 25 to go.

Perhaps doig might be needed , wilko looked a bit poorly at one stage last night , i wasnt convinced he was 100%

I disagree. We as a team were very poor. Hutch was actually one of our better players IMO, although that isn't saying much at all. When Griffiths came on he was slow, tired and lazy, and he was a bloody sub who has only been on 10 minutes before he was hands on hips. I agree he is the better DM but his is our least fit player and can't stand the heat.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search