The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13 Champions!

The Mighty Central Coast Mariners Supporters Thread: 2012/13...

Author
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Don't change too much - just go to 4-4-1-1

----------Ryan----------
Bojic----Wilko-Dutchy--Rose
---------Griffiths---------
Glinch--------------Bozanic
---------Amini-------------
----------------Perez------
-------Simon----------------

Perez can act as a foil for Simon or drop back when Musty goes forward. Without both Amini and Perez on we tend to use the fullbacks bombing forward, usually to ggod effect. However, with both Amini and Perez on, and with Griffiths pushing through balls, we have the option to also play thru the middle and present a more immediate threat on goal. I think another options is important as Pedj was kept pegged last night with Broich, Steffanuto and Kosta double and triple teaming him on occasions.

Bench of Hendo, Kwas, Duke, Bernie and McBreen. We need to atacck and can cover defensive replacements with people already on the field.

Edited by patjennings: 20/2/2011 07:17:51 PM
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:

First tifo in 6 years. Well done

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
patjennings wrote:
Don't change too much - just go to 4-4-1-1

----------Ryan----------
Bojic----Wilko-Dutchy--Rose
Glinch--------------Bozanic
---------Amini-------------
----------------Perez------
-------Simon----------------

Perez can act as a foil for Simon or drop back when Musty goes forward. Without both Amini and Perez on we tend to use the fullbacks bombing forward, usually to ggod effect. However, with both Amini and Perez on, and with Griffiths pushing through balls, we have the option to also play thru the middle and present a more immediate threat on goal. I think another options is important as Pedj was kept pegged last night with Broich, Steffanuto and Kosta double and triple teaming him on occasions.

Bench of Hendo, Kwas, Duke, Bernie and McBreen. We need to atacck and can cover defensive replacements with people already on the field.

Edited by patjennings: 20/2/2011 07:17:51 PM

The most intelligent post I've read all night. I agree 100% with everything here. FTR my above formation was a joke.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:

Haha love it! How much more petty could your attempt at an insult be?

I wonder how many pages it will take for Cool Cat to show his ugly troll face in here? :D
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
cbowden9000 wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:

Haha love it! How much more petty could your attempt at an insult be?

I wonder how many pages it will take for Cool Cat to show his ugly troll face in here? :D

nice crowd!
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Oh come on bowden you know I'm not serious :lol:

[size=1]Or am I?[/size]

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Also remember when we were 2-0 down to Sydney at home, Arnie switched us to a 3-4-3 with a midfield diamond and we played very attacking and fought our way back. IIRC the line-up was:

----------Ryan----------
-Wilko---Dutchy---Rose-
--Glinch----------Bozanic
----------Perez----------
-Simon---McBreen---Kwas-

It allowed us to keep our midfield diamond whilst sacrificing a defender for a striker.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

marconi101 wrote:
Oh come on bowden you know I'm not serious :lol:

[size=1]Or am I?[/size]

That is the question :P
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Happy 24th February everyone. :)
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

MidfieldMaestro wrote:
Happy 24th February everyone. :)

=d> =d> =d>

Bowden
Bowden
Legend

:-$
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Is there any chance pedj's card can be rescinded or does it need to be a straight red ?
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
Is there any chance pedj's card can be rescinded or does it need to be a straight red ?

No, only straight reds can be appealed unfortunately :( Worst decision.

Regardless of the result, I am extremely proud of the boys and we actually won that game. We were playing a 2-4-4 the last 10 minutes throwing caution to the wind looking for the 3rd goal. Under normal match terms if we kept playing our own game and it stayed 2-1 we would have ended their stupid record.

Who can stop the Roar? We can.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

No, only straight reds can be appealed unfortunately :( Worst decision.

Regardless of the result, I am extremely proud of the boys and we actually won that game. We were playing a 2-4-4 the last 10 minutes throwing caution to the wind looking for the 3rd goal. Under normal match terms if we kept playing our own game and it stayed 2-1 we would have ended their stupid record.

Who can stop the Roar? We can.

Firstly - "we actually won that game"? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh:lol:

Secondly - Did you ever stop to think (just for a second) that at 2-0 down the Roar had to be a little more conservative than they would be under 'normal game' conditions. And at 2-1 down we were not even trying for an equaliser as it was not required. Yet you still couldn't muster a win. Maybe if we give you 3 goals start next time? ;)
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Nah i just thought we played awesome
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Anyone heard how ticket sales are going for the game tomorrow?

Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:

Latest Pax was around 6,000. Very poor. I'm expecting another 10,000 crowd.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

cbowden9000 wrote:
go you yellow wrote:

Latest Pax was around 6,000. Very poor. I'm expecting another 10,000 crowd.

Wow thats rubbish , very disappointing
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Boys dont be too disappointed just remember its rego time. Im personally out of pocket about $710 for my 4 kids and myself and a lot of my mates are up for at least $400. Finals tickets are just too expensive at this time of year.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

I dont reckon the ffa have done a job at all on promotion of the game - its like a total void.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

And now we have a gf , an acl spot and one of the best style of game played in the history of the aleague.

I love it !
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

go you yellow wrote:
And now we have a gf , an acl spot and one of the best style of game played in the history of the aleague.

I love it !

So loving life as a Mariners fan right now!!! \:d/
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Got the tickets , flights are booked , accomodation is sorted, and bought an extra ticket for the way home for the silverware!

So excited!!!
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Nice dude! What bay are you in? I'm in bay 302 on halfway with the Cat A Away fans
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Yeh same -Bay 302
Bryan
Bryan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Glory supporter, not a fan of gosford, don't like graham arnold but I like CCM football club!! Good luck!
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Sitting in the away bay. Hopefully stuff (like a win?) can happen!

Grand Final
27 game losing streak
Scored more than 2 goals each game against us

A 1-0 win would satisfy all those needs.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

its a funny feeling approaching the game - I dont hate Brisbane - in fact I admire what they have done - maybe cause its so similiar to our own journey. I just hope its a great match and if we can sneak a win - it will top a truly top a great season.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro

Hey guys - im excited , match day , mentally preparing and last night I dreamt we won 2 nil .

BRING IT !
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Hey guys hope you dont mind me coming in here, i was gonna make a new thread to cheer yas up but its probably better all post match discussion is in here for Coasties fans.

First of all i hope all of you guys that travelled enjoyed your trip and got your money's worth.
You guys are part of one of the most intense games in the leagues history and the atmoshpere would've been immense and worth the ticket price alone.

Just saying i think you guys will come back bigger and better next season as long as you can keep the same time relatively on the park with a few more upgrades.
If it was any other season theres a very strong chance that you could've won the toilet seat but oh well at least you have Asian Champions League this time next year ;)
Things can only get better for you guys such as:
-Mrdja being off the books if he hasnt already :p
-The developement of Matt Ryan in goals
-Seeing Amini and Perez on the pitch a little bit more together
-Getting a good transfer for Musti possibly
-Seeing a break out season from Ibini, the guy has some raw talent and should be ahead of Baird.
-Griffiths patrolling the defence and midfield.
-The building of the centre of excellence which will produce more of the above and actually make youngsters from NSW want to play for the Mariners instead of the Jets and Sydney.
-Sainsbury to start breaking through into the first team

As long as the team can make finals (which you normally do) you guys can have a real red hot crack for the title next season.
I have some doubts about the Mariners being premiers due to you losing players for games such as Olympic qualifiers and the under 20 WC so we might not see some of the young guns for every game however at least Pasfield is an adequete replacement for Ryan.
I will very interested to see what positions Arnie wants to recruit from.

What positions do you think Arnie should target over the off season?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search