The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
jacksone10 - 23 Sep 2019 5:24 PM
Fans have been demanding the black kit ever since they last got rid of it and now they are talking of not selling them? Whosoever decision that is is ridiculous as they would have decent sales for that particular jersey. 

The way they responded made it seem more like a supplier issue, rather than someone making a decision to not sell them. Maybe they got them in and there was an issue, so they need to re-make them? 
Someone on Twitter said that apparently the Brisbane City store is getting the stuff in on Friday. Whether that means the black kit as well is a mystery. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Mello-D - 24 Sep 2019 7:20 AM
jacksone10 - 23 Sep 2019 5:24 PM

The way they responded made it seem more like a supplier issue, rather than someone making a decision to not sell them. Maybe they got them in and there was an issue, so they need to re-make them? 
Someone on Twitter said that apparently the Brisbane City store is getting the stuff in on Friday. Whether that means the black kit as well is a mystery. 

Yeah, I spoke with David Pourre yesterday to flag this and as far as he’s concerned all four kits are for retail, that’s what they’re expecting anyway. 

However, Rebel run the retail outlets and the on-line store and it’s not impossible they’ve taken a decision to not sell the black. DP sent a “please explain” to Rebel and I copied all the on-line comments (including those here) as evidence. Let’s see. 

This has to be the last year of Rebel/Umbro though - it’s a friggin mess with them. 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur
Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)Amateur (734 reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2019 7:49 AM
Mello-D - 24 Sep 2019 7:20 AM

Yeah, I spoke with David Pourre yesterday to flag this and as far as he’s concerned all four kits are for retail, that’s what they’re expecting anyway. 

However, Rebel run the retail outlets and the on-line store and it’s not impossible they’ve taken a decision to not sell the black. DP sent a “please explain” to Rebel and I copied all the on-line comments (including those here) as evidence. Let’s see. 

This has to be the last year of Rebel/Umbro though - it’s a friggin mess with them. 

I mean you'd have to assume with the new independent league/whatever and the clubs having control over their IP, the merchandising will be completing changed for next season with clubs all doing different stuff. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Black Shirt-gate update:

David Pourre called this arvo with an update. The initial shipment of black shirts sold out almost immediately mainly via retail stores and on-line. 

The shirt continues to be available for sale and there is an immediate restocking shipment on its way now plus a second (larger) stocking order due in time for Christmas. So keep an eye out for the shirts. 

Why people who ordered black got Maroon instead appears to be simple human cock-up and shouldn’t have happened - Rebel say they’ve fixed this now but I don’t know what caused it 

The Black shirt lives. Hooray !! 
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Sold out immediately, god damn it really was popular with the fans, just shows if Roar want to make some money, black is where its at. 
Thanks for the update Waz.

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Waz - 25 Sep 2019 2:23 PM
Black Shirt-gate update:

David Pourre called this arvo with an update. The initial shipment of black shirts sold out almost immediately mainly via retail stores and on-line. 

The shirt continues to be available for sale and there is an immediate restocking shipment on its way now plus a second (larger) stocking order due in time for Christmas. So keep an eye out for the shirts. 

Why people who ordered black got Maroon instead appears to be simple human cock-up and shouldn’t have happened - Rebel say they’ve fixed this now but I don’t know what caused it 

A good outcome for the fans and Roar.  I hope Rebel wear any shipping charges etc to fix the f ups.  Have we heard if ROD has been sold to a tribe of travelling Gypsies yet?  If so, it would be 2 bits of good news in one day.
Edited
5 Years Ago by aok
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Waz - 25 Sep 2019 2:23 PM
Black Shirt-gate update:

Honestly I don't mind if there was just a mess up, but I am going to be so pissed if I miss out on getting one because of it. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

I did see Holloway training as well this week. Looks a beast so he’ll be fit for Round 1. 

ROD - nicest bloke to chat too and didn’t have the heart to say “what the f**k man” so bottled  the conversation 😂
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Waz - 25 Sep 2019 2:55 PM
I did see Holloway training as well this week. Looks a beast so he’ll be fit for Round 1

ROD - nicest bloke to chat too and didn’t have the heart to say “what the f**k man” so bottled  the conversation 😂

Is that a definite?  If so he and DWH should make a nice pairing, with ROD cutting the oranges.
Waz
Waz
Legend

aok - 25 Sep 2019 5:28 PM
Waz - 25 Sep 2019 2:55 PM

Is that a definite?  If so he and DWH should make a nice pairing, with ROD cutting the oranges.

He’s certainly fit now so yeah, unless anything else happens? 
jacksone10
jacksone10
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)Hardcore Fan (207 reputation)

Surely Brisbane Roar has a say in what Rebel sport put up for sale and the quantity what they have? The club would still be making partial profits from rebel sports sales wouldn't they? Or do they sell their full trust into rebel sport
Waz
Waz
Legend

jacksone10 - 25 Sep 2019 6:47 PM
Surely Brisbane Roar has a say in what Rebel sport put up for sale and the quantity what they have? The club would still be making partial profits from rebel sports sales wouldn't they? Or do they sell their full trust into rebel sport

As usual it’s not that simple - FFA have the contract for the IP and give Rebel the distribution rights  - and Rebel are sh*t scared of excess stock especially if it’s another crap season. Next year Roar own the full rights 
Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Crisis averted. Maroon Jersey has been returned. I happened to stop in at Rebel Chermside and their last black Jersey was in my size, so grabbed it! Just need to get my refund now.
Waz
Waz
Legend

RSF tipping competition - all prize values to be finalised when numbers are known but first prize of around $1,000

https://m.facebook.com/groups/388466708569187?view=permalink&id=552878188794704

Waz
Waz
Legend

Waz - 26 Sep 2019 3:59 PM
RSF tipping competition - all prize values to be finalised when numbers are known but first prize of around $1,000

https://m.facebook.com/groups/388466708569187?view=permalink&id=552878188794704

This has now just “tipped” over $1,000 in first prize money (with about half that for second prize). It’s gotta be worth a punt surely 👀
Waz
Waz
Legend

Holloway back to full fitness but not playing today. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Not sure who was there today, don’t think I saw anyone?? A few takeaways I recon. 

Crocombe >> Young - i’ll be surprised if Young is the starting keeper now. Today was close to the starting XI and crocombe played all game. 

Reserves played thursday - Roar sent their “reserves” to play GC Knights U18 team on Thursday night, winning 9-0. Young played, Pepper, DWH etc ... those were the players who “ needed minutes” 

Holloway - I got to speak with Holloway (he’s a funny lad) and yes he’s fit and expecting to play next weekend. 

Standouts today - same, same: Gillesphey, Aldred, Mauk, O’Shay, Inman. 

ROD - scored from the spot but otherwise quiet. Inman/Holloway front two anyone?  

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 28 Sep 2019 7:56 PM
Not sure who was there today, don’t think I saw anyone?? A few takeaways I recon. 

Crocombe >> Young - i’ll be surprised if Young is the starting keeper now. Today was close to the starting XI and crocombe played all game. 

Reserves played thursday - Roar sent their “reserves” to play GC Knights U18 team on Thursday night, winning 9-0. Young played, Pepper, DWH etc ... those were the players who “ needed minutes” 

Holloway - I got to speak with Holloway (he’s a funny lad) and yes he’s fit and expecting to play next weekend. 

Standouts today - same, same: Gillesphey, Aldred, Mauk, O’Shay, Inman. 

ROD - scored from the spot but otherwise quiet. Inman/Holloway front two anyone?  

Thanks for the update Waz. I couldn't get there and had to rely on a live score updates without any commentary. Was hoping ROD's goal was open play - so bugger.

Inman has been proving himself capable and I did like Holloway in those early preseason games - so I would like to see them both in. Maybe Fowler will have them both and ROD given he has been playing ROD consistently and must be happy with him in the lineup.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Mello-D
Mello-D
Amateur

Perhaps ROD being relegated to the bench will be the motivation he needs? My only concern with that is then where does DWH fit in? I suppose just challenging ROD for that bench spot. 
Inman obviously has to be in the line up, whether on the wing or upfront.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Mello-D - 28 Sep 2019 8:14 PM
Perhaps ROD being relegated to the bench will be the motivation he needs? My only concern with that is then where does DWH fit in? I suppose just challenging ROD for that bench spot. 
Inman obviously has to be in the line up, whether on the wing or upfront.

The wings are reserved for defenders so if Inman is not in the front two I don’t know where he’ll start. 

The central three picks itself imo: O’Neill, O’Shay, Mauk so he’s not fitting in there. 

Its a good problem to have though. 

90 Minutes
90 Minutes
Fan
Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)Fan (66 reputation)

Waz - 28 Sep 2019 8:18 PM
Mello-D - 28 Sep 2019 8:14 PM

The wings are reserved for defenders so if Inman is not in the front two I don’t know where he’ll start. 

The central three picks itself imo: O’Neill, O’Shay, Mauk so he’s not fitting in there. 

Its a good problem to have though. 

After Thursday game Mells is very close he is at the door knocking.
Waz
Waz
Legend

After Aldred got clattered by Crocombie and went off today, Gillesphey took the central defensive position and that’s probably the likely back up this season I recon. 

P.S. and the Black shirt was on sale in Rebel Browns Plains yesterday 👍
Edited
5 Years Ago by Waz
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Waz - 28 Sep 2019 10:42 PM
After Aldred got clattered by Crocombie and went off today, Gillesphey took the central defensive position and that’s probably the likely back up this season I recon. 

P.S. and the Black shirt was on sale in Rebel Browns Plains yesterday 👍

Please tell me we haven't got another central defender injured just before the start of season following a successful pre-season campaign...

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Waz
Waz
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 29 Sep 2019 8:53 AM
Waz - 28 Sep 2019 10:42 PM

Please tell me we haven't got another central defender injured just before the start of season following a successful pre-season campaign...

I shouldn’t think so. Looked more winded - a bit pissed off with Crocombie though - came out like a bull in a china shop and cleaned Aldred up good and proper. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

It came out yesterday that Roar tried to sign Berisha on loan in January but his Japanese club wouldn’t let him go. 
Jimo8
Jimo8
Rising Star
Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)Rising Star (976 reputation)

MrBrisbane - 17 Sep 2019 11:02 AM
Mello-D - 16 Sep 2019 7:02 PM

I miss adding Broich to my Roar Jerseys :(

I think you can still add Broich to your jersey until someone else can take that spot from him......people are still getting Shearer on their Newcastle Utd jerseys, with I judge good reason. 
aok
aok
Pro

Jimo8 - 29 Sep 2019 6:45 PM
MrBrisbane - 17 Sep 2019 11:02 AM

I think you can still add Broich to your jersey until someone else can take that spot from him......people are still getting Shearer on their Newcastle Utd jerseys, with I judge good reason. 

He was the heart and soul of the revolution. He literally defined our club during those years 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Daniel Bowles player in last Thursday’s away game at GC Knights. Apparently the only one injured is Hingert now 
Waz
Waz
Legend

7,512 on Memberships
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Anyone here want to go in on a corporate box?

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search