The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
El Toro
Rising Star
Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)Rising Star (907 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
crimsoncrusoe wrote:
Magic Mike has had a long time to assess Solorzano.So I have faith that he knows that given a full preseason,with lots of goals he will fit in perfectly as he has before.After all how many full games has he played?Plus with ACL we need two quality strikers.

Will he even be in the ACL squad though?
Bes replacement + Miller + Broich.
It seems his ACL future hinges on Broich's potential citizenship.

Edited
8 Years Ago by El Toro
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

I hope we resign Acton. The games that he started I thought he was outstanding and solid as a rock. He also made arguably the save of the season from close range (can't remember who against) he is a very solid back up keeper.

And should get a couple of starts next season in cup games.

Edited by roar #1 : 7/5/2014 03:42:52 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Magic Mike has had a long time to assess Solorzano.So I have faith that he knows that given a full preseason,with lots of goals he will fit in perfectly as he has before.After all how many full games has he played?Plus with ACL we need two quality strikers.
Edited
8 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
Solórzano signing makes no sense to me. He is a backup at best and definitely not the replacement for Bes. I suppose Mulvey feels we will only sign one foreigner in the off season, that most likely being Bes replacement, so we have that spot for Solo.

We really need to recruit properly this off season. We at the point where we will stick with what we have, then Theo, Steff, Broich etc will retire and we wont have the replacements.

If Henrique and Broich get their citizenship, it also opens up two foreign spots on the roster.

What positions would you use those visa spots for? I'd say if we sign a European striker then we won't have a whole lot of cap space left.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BRFC_92
theinsider
theinsider
Hacker
Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)Hacker (313 reputation)

Solorzano's contract is for two years and he is on near to minimal wage. A good piece of business if you ask me. He came in this season incredibly out of fitness. With a good pre season under his belt he will be back to his old ways.

Assuming Henrique has already applied for citizenship, we still have 2 visa spots to fill. It also looks like Daniel Bowles has been signed and therefore Diogo probably won't be resigned. Action is still negotiating a new contract, but it sounds like we will end up resigning him but the club is dragging it out to ensure he is ok absolute minimum wage.

Edited
8 Years Ago by theinsider
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Solórzano signing makes no sense to me. He is a backup at best and definitely not the replacement for Bes. I suppose Mulvey feels we will only sign one foreigner in the off season, that most likely being Bes replacement, so we have that spot for Solo.

We really need to recruit properly this off season. We at the point where we will stick with what we have, then Theo, Steff, Broich etc will retire and we wont have the replacements.

If Henrique and Broich get their citizenship, it also opens up two foreign spots on the roster.
Edited
8 Years Ago by zimbos_05
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class
World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)World Class (6.4K reputation)

BRFC_92 wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
Jon90 wrote:
Do we have much in the salary cap to sign a better striker though?

Pretty much what ever Bes was on id say. $300k maybe

What I'd like to see us do is tear up Broich's contract. Then resign him to a 2 yr $200k contract under the cap with a 2 year coaching contract when he retires. And the coaching contract can make up for the reduced contract now, so maybe $600k a year for 2 years.

This would allow us to sign a top quality foreign striker.

Good idea but I doubt it's gonna happen.

I feel that Broich would happily do it. Whether or not the FFA allow it is another thing, but really why would they block it if it meant another top quality player joining the league.

Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
Jon90 wrote:

What I'd like to see us do is tear up Broich's contract. Then resign him to a 2 yr $200k contract under the cap with a 2 year coaching contract when he retires. And the coaching contract can make up for the reduced contract now, so maybe $600k a year for 2 years.

Good idea but I doubt it's gonna happen.

Also heard that while his contract lasts for a few seasons longer, the upcoming season will be his last outside the cap. If true, this would be really good news.

Edited by BRFC_92: 7/5/2014 12:28:05 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by BRFC_92
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Jon90 wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
Jon90
Jon90
Rising Star
Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)Rising Star (939 reputation)

Edited
8 Years Ago by Jon90
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

RedKat wrote:
Solorzano makes no sense. The guy hasnt scored a professional goal in a few years. Either he is promoted to first choice (bad move when his scoring record is so poor) or he is a back-up (why waste a visa spot on a backup when theres good youth coming through and the visa quota is dropping?)

That's my thinking, and I'm confident in saying he hasn't been signed as number 1.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

I do wonder now if resigning Solorzano was a good idea. He will undoubtably be back up striker and with the foreigners being reduced, maybe it would have been better to let him go.

Having been named NYL player of the year, I'd like to see Borrello step up into the second striker role, plus we've got Theodore there to.

I'm happy either way I guess and the younger guys should get some game time with ACL and FFA cup.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

crimsoncrusoe wrote:
Does anyone know what the visa spot situation will be for next season?There has been talk of Henrique obtaining citizenship for a while.I imagine Broich is also close to being eligible.Miller takes another visa spot and the new striker will obviously take Berisha's spot.With the 3+1 rule for the ACL has there been any suggestion of a quality asian player being brought in,particularly with the ACL in mind.

Henrique will have citizenship for next season.
Broich signed for us almost 4 years ago to the day. Surely he could apply for his citizenship soon.
Solorzano, if he's signed for another two years as rumoured, will take up a visa spot.
Miller will take up a visa spot.

So that's 2, maybe 3 visa spots.

I don't think they'll be looking at an Asian player judging from the past but you never know. I do think we'll sign someone from Europe though.
Edited
8 Years Ago by BRFC_92
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

Does anyone know what the visa spot situation will be for next season?There has been talk of Henrique obtaining citizenship for a while.I imagine Broich is also close to being eligible.Miller takes another visa spot and the new striker will obviously take Berisha's spot.With the 3+1 rule for the ACL has there been any suggestion of a quality asian player being brought in,particularly with the ACL in mind.

Edited
8 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
Donske
Donske
Weekender
Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
YerNathanael wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
Danning was on loan to Vise, terminated when he did his ACL. Played a few NYL games towards the tail end of the season.

So is he currently contracted to Brisbane?

He is. He has been playing in the NPL for the youth squad as well. I'd imagine we'll see more of him next season when he is fully recovered from his op.

Oh :(

Not really a fan of his.

If he has gotten smarter he will definitely have a role to play, I see him more as bench play for the games surrounding the ACL/FFA cup fixtures to allow us to rest a first team player, there are a few in our youth set up that will get opportunities next season, looking forward to seeing who can step up.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Donske
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

YerNathanael wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
Danning was on loan to Vise, terminated when he did his ACL. Played a few NYL games towards the tail end of the season.

He is. He has been playing in the NPL for the youth squad as well. I'd imagine we'll see more of him next season when he is fully recovered from his op.

Oh :(

Not really a fan of his.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by YerNathanael
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

scouse_roar wrote:

Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Edited
8 Years Ago by scouse_roar
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Donske wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
I don't want to sound like a dick here, but why the heck did Danning get a medal at the GF? Same could be said for Davies.

If I remember correctly only players who actually played minutes during the season could receive a medal, isn't that why Theo was subbed off for Acton in our last match of the first title season so that he would have played some minutes?

That was Redmayne and I thought it was just a token thing, fans hadn't seen him play in the main team and knew he was going to Heart.

Oh yeah I meant Redmayne #-o

And did we sign Danning? I know he was doing rehab here but I can't remember if he was signed.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
Donske
Donske
Weekender
Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
I don't want to sound like a dick here, but why the heck did Danning get a medal at the GF? Same could be said for Davies.

If I remember correctly only players who actually played minutes during the season could receive a medal, isn't that why Theo was subbed off for Acton in our last match of the first title season so that he would have played some minutes?

That was Redmayne and I thought it was just a token thing, fans hadn't seen him play in the main team and knew he was going to Heart.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Donske
Roar #1
Roar #1
World Class

Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar #1
YerNathanael
YerNathanael
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
BRFC_92 wrote:
Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
yeah liam was there.

Many people there?

From what I saw on TV it looked pretty good, well considering its a work and school day.

Yeah way more then last time. It was really good, I was worried about how many people would turn up. But was pleasantly surprised.

Also Davies wasn't there.... I think he is defiantly gone.

Edited by Mfrendin_Roar: 6/5/2014 11:22:44 PM

Fairly certain Davies was there for the Grand Final.

Yeah he was there
Edited
8 Years Ago by YerNathanael
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro

T3X8 wrote:
sydneyfc1987 wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you guys wear your third strip at all this season? (grey with orange sash)

Twice. We lost both times. We don't like it anymore. :p

We only wore it once in the regular season and that was against Newcastle, where we lost 2-0. We wore it once in preseason and beat the Victory 1-0.

And that's good to hear about plenty of people turning up. The team and the whole club deserve it.
Edited by BRFC_92: 7/5/2014 12:04:07 AM

Edited by BRFC_92: 7/5/2014 12:04:41 AM
Edited
8 Years Ago by BRFC_92
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
BRFC_92 wrote:
Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
yeah liam was there.

Many people there?

From what I saw on TV it looked pretty good, well considering its a work and school day.

Yeah way more then last time. It was really good, I was worried about how many people would turn up. But was pleasantly surprised.

Fairly certain Davies was there for the Grand Final.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar_Brisbane
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
Roar #1 wrote:
BRFC_92 wrote:
Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
yeah liam was there.

Many people there?

He was there Sunday, got a medal and all for it.

Edited
8 Years Ago by T3X8
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you guys wear your third strip at all this season? (grey with orange sash)

Twice. We lost both times. We don't like it anymore. :p
Edited
8 Years Ago by T3X8
Mfrendin_Roar
Mfrendin_Roar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Roar #1 wrote:
BRFC_92 wrote:
Mfrendin_Roar wrote:
yeah liam was there.

Many people there?

Edited
8 Years Ago by Mfrendin_Roar
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Edited
8 Years Ago by sydneyfc1987
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Mrmcjewpants wrote:
Not sure if posted but Solorzano has signed a two year contract, not really fussed either way tbh. Hopefully with a full pre season he can get back to his best form

Awesome.
Edited
8 Years Ago by Roar_Brisbane
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search