The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I too feel that Hingert and Brown looked out of depth. I always liked Hingert but he is looking to be passing it slowly. Brown looks good one minute and amateur the next. 

Think Brisbane can push for top 4 this season again. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The 2021 AFC Champions League matchdays have been confirmed by the AFC, with Brisbane Roar set to play their Preliminary Stage playoff on 7th April against KAYA Futbol Club, with the winner to face Beijing Guoan on 14th April for a place in the group stages.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

All the comments on Hingert and Brown keep being recycled year in, year out.

The time when these two get replaced with better options will be the time Roar will become bonafide title contenders. No sooner.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
Brisbanegossip
Brisbanegossip
Super Fan
Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)

Just a friendly reminder that there is a track closure this weekend from Bowen Hills to Kippa Ring. Buses to replace train services. May affect your commute time to the game. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Brisbanegossip - 26 Jan 2021 5:57 PM
Just a friendly reminder that there is a track closure this weekend from Bowen Hills to Kippa Ring. Buses to replace train services. May affect your commute time to the game. 

.... of course there is 🤦‍♂️
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Just got to say - I am so excited for our next home game.

Loving the football this season.

Carn the mighty Roar!

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)Rising Star (788 reputation)

paulc - 26 Jan 2021 7:15 AM
All the comments on Hingert and Brown keep being recycled year in, year out.

The time when these two get replaced with better options will be the time Roar will become bonafide title contenders. No sooner.

I know we got 3 or 4 left backs waiting in the wings but who is our back up to Jack atm , seem a bit light for right backs.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

notarobot - 28 Jan 2021 9:44 AM
paulc - 26 Jan 2021 7:15 AM

I know we got 3 or 4 left backs waiting in the wings but who is our back up to Jack atm , seem a bit light for right backs.

Yes agree. Boils down to the football departments / coach willingness to make the changes and improve the team to the next level.

Not sure I like this stagnation or lack of ambition.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

paulc - 28 Jan 2021 11:36 AM
notarobot - 28 Jan 2021 9:44 AM

Yes agree. Boils down to the football departments / coach willingness to make the changes and improve the team to the next level.

Not sure I like this stagnation or lack of ambition.

Our defence has not been a problem since aloisi left. Last year we were the second best defence and we looked 100 times better when Hingert and Brown were playing than when they weren't. This year (although it is too early to have a proper vision) we have only conceded 3 goals and have not looked outclassed at all by any opposition. 

tactically we were out played on the wide defensive positions by the jets and their 5-3-2 formation and by city in the first half in the middle of the park, as was shown by bringing trewin on and looking better, and bringing Daley on and looking better. but that was a tactical set up not a personnel set up.

at the moment from looking at the competition i think we are a top 4 side if everyone plays the way they are currently. looking at the competition i dont think hingert and brown are weak in terms of aleague players. 
paulc
paulc
Legend

sirhcdobo - 28 Jan 2021 12:09 PM
paulc - 28 Jan 2021 11:36 AM

Our defence has not been a problem since aloisi left. Last year we were the second best defence and we looked 100 times better when Hingert and Brown were playing than when they weren't. This year (although it is too early to have a proper vision) we have only conceded 3 goals and have not looked outclassed at all by any opposition. 

tactically we were out played on the wide defensive positions by the jets and their 5-3-2 formation and by city in the first half in the middle of the park, as was shown by bringing trewin on and looking better, and bringing Daley on and looking better. but that was a tactical set up not a personnel set up.

at the moment from looking at the competition i think we are a top 4 side if everyone plays the way they are currently. looking at the competition i dont think hingert and brown are weak in terms of aleague players. 

Have to disagree with you. No point in parking the bus and then say, look how good our defence is. Or if I wanted to disregard that bit about parking the bus, you could say that the team works hard to support the defence to the detriment of the mid/forward line.

Hingert and Brown are squad player standard, let alone belong in a team that wants to be title contenders. It is clear the club's ambition is limited to the top 6.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

If Hingert and Brown hold against Adelaide I have no concerns about them holding against any team. Speed has been our weakness for some time and how Moon chooses to counter it will show if they are up to it.

Moon may decide to start with younger, faster legs - but I don't expect that.

I think both players, when they are on their game, are well above simple squaddies and I am glad we have them.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

paulc
paulc
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 29 Jan 2021 10:36 AM
If Hingert and Brown hold against Adelaide I have no concerns about them holding against any team. Speed has been our weakness for some time and how Moon chooses to counter it will show if they are up to it.

Moon may decide to start with younger, faster legs - but I don't expect that.

I think both players, when they are on their game, are well above simple squaddies and I am glad we have them.

On the rare occasions “When they’re on their game” is simply not good enough.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend

paulc - 29 Jan 2021 11:26 AM
Roar in me Blood - 29 Jan 2021 10:36 AM

On the rare occasions “When they’re on their game” is simply not good enough.

Both are getting paid in the top third pay bracket and should perform as such, if not - swop them out. 
paulc
paulc
Legend

Waz - 29 Jan 2021 11:33 AM
paulc - 29 Jan 2021 11:26 AM

Both are getting paid in the top third pay bracket and should perform as such, if not - swop them out. 

Top third? What a waste of money.

In a resort somewhere

Sokkah Shazza
Sokkah Shazza
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

paulc - 29 Jan 2021 12:33 PM
Waz - 29 Jan 2021 11:33 AM

Top third? What a waste of money.

I love you paul
overroared
overroared
Amateur
Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)

In moon - we'll shine. Sorry folks couldn't help myself!
paulc
paulc
Legend

overroared - 29 Jan 2021 1:47 PM
In moon - we'll shine. Sorry folks couldn't help myself!

You know what happens when you're at the doctors and start singing moon river?

In a resort somewhere

overroared
overroared
Amateur
Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)Amateur (573 reputation)

Seriously though, I think Moon is showing some talent as an up and coming coach. He seems much more in control of things on the sidelines and not too much emotion, just looking thoughtful and composed. 

I am putting my bet on a top 4 finish, with the caveat we don't suffer excessive injuries due to the size of the squad.

Very much looking forward to Saturday.
paulc
paulc
Legend

overroared - 29 Jan 2021 1:51 PM
Seriously though, I think Moon is showing some talent as an up and coming coach. He seems much more in control of things on the sidelines and not too much emotion, just looking thoughtful and composed. 

I am putting my bet on a top 4 finish, with the caveat we don't suffer excessive injuries due to the size of the squad.

Very much looking forward to Saturday.

I'm serious now too, have to agree with you. I think Moon may have restrictions in what he can procure as players and in his mind at least has more important issues than the part time performing Brown/Hingert. I'm not predicting where we'll end up on the table yet, suffice to say I believe we have a better team this season. Last season's final position was a bit flattering, largely due to the poor opposition overall. Looks a bit stronger this season.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend

Brisbane Roar squad: 1.Macklin FREKE (gk), 3.Corey BROWN, 5.Tom ALDRED (c), 6.Macaulay GILLESPHEY, 7.Jai INGHAM, 9.Masato KUDO, 10.Riku DANZAKI, 11.Joe CHAMPNESS, 12.Bon SCOTT (gk), 15.Jesse DALEY, 19.Jack HINGERT, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 25.Rahmat AKBARI, 26.Jay O’SHEA, 27.Kai TREWIN, 28.Izaack POWELL, 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS, 33.Keegan JELACIC, 34.Alex PARSONS, 77.Scott MCDONALD **2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Joe CHAMPNESS (promoted), 28.Izaack POWELL (promoted), 34.Alex PARSONS (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 21.Jamie YOUNG (knee)

Only changes will be on the bench I recon - Champness in there. 

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

That's quite a young squad. Not much back up if one of the senior players spends time on the outer.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Footballking55 - 29 Jan 2021 3:30 PM
That's quite a young squad. Not much back up if one of the senior players spends time on the outer.

It’s older than ours tbh.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

sub007 - 29 Jan 2021 3:46 PM
Footballking55 - 29 Jan 2021 3:30 PM

It’s older than ours tbh.

Its good to see the youngsters doing well, except your lot tomorrow :).
Pensilva
Pensilva
Under 7s
Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)Under 7s (12 reputation)

The Den will once again be using smoke at tomorrow night's game, more orange than black this time.
Tags
Edited
3 Years Ago by Pensilva
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Footballking55 - 29 Jan 2021 5:06 PM
sub007 - 29 Jan 2021 3:46 PM

Its good to see the youngsters doing well, except your lot tomorrow :).

Yeah great to see, every club has at least a couple of really good ones.
Waz
Waz
Legend

Inman transferred to the bottom club in the ISL. 

Fowler coaching the second bottom club in the ISL 

Things working out in India. Not. 

Brisbanegossip
Brisbanegossip
Super Fan
Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)Super Fan (101 reputation)

Waz - 30 Jan 2021 7:24 AM
Inman transferred to the bottom club in the ISL. 

Fowler coaching the second bottom club in the ISL 

Things working out in India. Not. 

I actually think we are in a better position this year overall. It's looking pretty good so far at least. I no longer have doubts in my mind going into a game like i didn't during the end of aloisi's stint and the start of fowler's stint. Really hope we hold onto Aldred, Gillesphey and O'Shea long term. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Brisbanegossip - 30 Jan 2021 10:44 AM
Waz - 30 Jan 2021 7:24 AM

I actually think we are in a better position this year overall. It's looking pretty good so far at least. I no longer have doubts in my mind going into a game like i didn't during the end of aloisi's stint and the start of fowler's stint. Really hope we hold onto Aldred, Gillesphey and O'Shea long term. 
I know Roar have been re-signing players for next season, including visa players, so hopefully they’ve kicked in those three. 

If Gillesphey keeps playing as well as HD has he’ll be off back to England though. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

Adam Major on BRSC page ... nothing better to do this morning 😂

“I counted on ticketek what seats were still available for tonight's game.

169 seats remain in the east stand
507 seats remain in the north stand
2 seats remain in the west stand

Total seats remaining for tonight's game: 678”

(I’m told there are only 9,800 tickets available for each game). 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Waz - 30 Jan 2021 11:21 AM
Brisbanegossip - 30 Jan 2021 10:44 AM
I know Roar have been re-signing players for next season, including visa players, so hopefully they’ve kicked in those three. 

If Gillesphey keeps playing as well as HD has he’ll be off back to England though. 

He's played well.  If he goes, hopefully the club can pick up a transfer fee for him.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search