*************** AFC ***************Official WebsiteAFC Coach Education Policy and Procedures
- This one is well worth a read for anybody who is seriously considering doing their badges. It contains all the information about progressing through the ranks of the badges and what is to be expected.AFC Coaching Instructor Education Policy and Procedures
- For coaching instructors
Specific Course InformationAFC Pro-Diploma BadgeAFC A BadgeAFC B BadgeAFC C BadgeAFC Level 1, 2 and 3 Goalkeeping BadgeAFC Level 1, 2 and 3 Futsal BadgesAFC Conditioning/Fitness Course
There isn't a lot of information on the FFA site about individual coaching courses. I recommend viewing the pathways documents below to find more detailed information. Official WebsiteMinimum Coaching Requirements
- Answers all your questions about what course or badge you need to have completed to be able to manage a team in any given Australian competition.Overseas Course/Certificate Conversion
- The most important document to read if you plan on completing courses overseas for use in Australia. Covers information about converting certificates, analogue certificates and so on.Football Federation Australia National Curriculum
- Great document. Has an overwhelming amount of information regarding coaching and playing pathways and methods and principles. Worth having a read through if you have the time.
Specific Course InformationCommunity Course Pathway List and Information
- Lists, summaries and location information for all of the national community coaching courses. Good place to start!Advanced Pathway List and Information
- For when you are ready to make the step up from the community based courses. Application forms and locational information.
Australian States and Territories
As the development of players in each state and territory is overseen by the FFA, I recommend viewing the documents listed above in conjunction with the relevant documents listed for your state federation. If no resource to determine when a course will be delivered in your region is provided below, check the FFA information above.
Australian Capital Territory/CFOfficial WebsiteCourse CalendarCourse Information
- Worth reading for anybody planning on doing an FFA community course inside or outside of the ACT.
New South Wales/FNSWOfficial WebsiteDate and location overview of courses
- Mainly relevant to Metropolitan Sydney areas.Player Curriculum
- Ages 7 - 8Player Curriculum
- Ages 9 - 10Player Curriculum
- Ages 11 - 12Player Curriculum
- Ages 13 - 14Player Curriculum
- Ages 15 - 16Note:
The player curriculum guides are all offline at the moment.
Northern Territory/FNTOfficial WebsiteCourse Schedule
Queensland/FFQOfficial WebsiteCoach EducationCoaching Clinics
South Australia/FFSAOfficial WebsiteCoaching Courses Overview
- Links to FFA documents.
Tasmania/FFTOfficial WebsiteCourse Schedule
Victoria/FFVOfficial WebsiteFFV WorkshopsFFV Coaching FAQs
- Well worth reading for everybody, even those outside of Victoria.
Western Australia/FWOfficial WebsiteCourse Schedule
As the JFA site and information is in Japanese, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. All course and badge applications are expected to be in Japanese.Official WebsiteCoaching Pathways OverviewJFA Coaching Philosophy and HistoryCoaching Course FAQ
Specific Course InformationJFA Class A - AFC A BadgeJFA Class B - AFC B BadgeJFA Class C
- This link provides details of the regional and district federations as they provide training for the Class C course.JFA Class D
- Same as the Class C procedure.Children's Training Workshop
- Same as the Class C procedure.Goalkeeper Class A
- Check the information under Goalkeeper Class A on this page, curses schedules are released once per year in March.Goalkeeper Class B (Youth - U18) Goalkeeper Class C (Youth - U15)
Refresher and Retraining CoursesRefresh Courses Summary
- Information on locations and prices and summaries of each course. Provides a schedule for when refreshment courses need to be undertaken.
Singapore/FAS (En)Official WebsiteCoach Development PathwayNational Football Syllabus
Specific Course InformationCourse guide/summary for FAS preliminary and AFC A, B and C badgesContact, price and course information for the FAS preliminary badge and AFC A Badge
- Information about progressing through the ranks of the badges and what is to be expected of you.
Note; Singaporean citizens and permanent residents are given priority access to these courses over other applicants. You will only be offered a place if there is an available slot that is not taken by a citizen or resident.
*************** CONCACAF ***************Official WebsiteConference Schedule
Simply said, there isn't a great deal of information available from the CSA on coaching courses. If I am honest, there situation seems lacking. Below are the few pages of information worthy of reading if you're interested in applying for any courses.Official WebsiteCoaching PathwaysCoach Education Program
- Overview of the different coaching pathways available, as well as information and summaries of each level certification.National Curriculum
- Part 1 - Style and Principles of PlayNational Curriculum
- Part 2 - Concepts and Coaching Guidelines - Warning, large file.National Curriculum
- Part 3 - Age Group OrganizationNational Curriculum
- Part 4 - Planning and Training - Warning, large file.Coaching PathwaysCourse Schedule Listing
Specific Course InformationA LicenceB LicenceC LicenceD Licence
- This course is administered by individual state federations.E Licence
- This course is administered by individual state federations.Adult LicenceYouth LicenceFitness Level IGoalkeeping Licence
- Compliments the A and B Licences
*************** OFC ***************Official WebsiteCoaching Level PyramidCourse Schedule
New Zealand/NZF (En)Official WebsiteNew Zealand Football WoFP (Whole of Football Plan)
- Document that provides a detailed overview of the coaching pathways NZF offers. Coaching, referring, admin and playing.Coaching Pathways OverviewNew Zealand Football Events Calendar
- Information on matches as well as coaching courses.
Specific Course InformationJunior (Grassroots) Coaching Courses
- These are run by local and district federations.Youth Coaching Courses
- These are run by local and district federations.Senior Coaching Courses
- These are run by regional bodies.
*************** UEFA ***************
UEFA titled badges and courses are run by individual member federations and associations, and as such there is little to no information on UEFA's official website about coaching pathways.
England/The FA (En)Official WebsiteFA Coaching Pathways
- Analogous to the FFA pathway documents. This document simply provides information about starting points, finishing points and additional coaching courses that can be undertaken ranging from introductory youth modules to the UEFA Pro licence, as well as separate courses on specific positional play, disabled footballing and futsal. FA Coaching Pathways
- A slightly more in depth overview between the relationships of the different pathway choices and how they interact.
Specific Course InformationFA Online Courses
- Yes, you read it right. The English FA provides online courses that are both informative and more importantly, cheap. There are even a few that are free. There are specific football related courses like Laws of the Game
, but also general courses that don't revolve around football as a whole, such as Introduction to Equality and Diversity. Some of these courses are more serious than others and require upwards of 20 hours of study, but with the amount of information on offer and a certificate from the FA that is received upon completion, I feel it's a decent investment.
These online courses are either done directly through the FA website, which you'll need to create an account for, or they are done directly through local association websites, which you will need to sign up for a free account to get access. Whether you do it through the FA site or the local FA site doesn't matter and is determined by what course you intend to do.FA National Courses List
- Location and price information for courses including the UEFA A, B, Pro Diploma courses and specialist courses like Psychology, First Aid and Fitness training courses.FA Local County Courses
- This page is down at the moment. When it is up it contains location and price information about grassroots and community football courses.
As the FFF site and information is in French, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. All course and badge applications are expected to be in French.Official WebsiteSchedule of Courses and BadgesSchedule of Courses and Badges
- General Training (Football Business)
Grassroots courses are administered by local and district associations. Advanced level courses and badges are run by the FFF and/or INF (Football Training Institute), primarily at the famed Clairefontaine centre.
Specific Course InformationInitial Course I
- Grassroots and children's coaching (6-11) course.Initial Course II
- Youth team management and technical assistance.Senior Management CourseBEES 1 Diploma - UEFA B Badge
- District League Version
Professional Courses and BadgesBEES 1 Diploma - UEFA B Badge
- INF/FFF Version - Diploma I - UF1
- Formation and Tactical KnowledgeDiploma II - UF2/UF3
- Advanced Formation and Tactical KnowledgeProfessional Coach Diploma - UEFA Pro DiplomaProfessional Coach Diploma - UEFA Pro Diploma
- With focus on technical direction.Goalkeeping CertificateFitness Coach Certificate
Refresher and Retraining CoursesDEPF Continuation Course
There are more courses available from the FFF that I will continue to update. If you are looking for speficic information about a course that isn't listed here, just post your question and I will get back to you.
As the DFB site and information is in German, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. All course and badge applications are expected to be in German.Official WebsiteOverview of Coaching PathwaysCalendar of Course and Badge EventsLicencing Prerequisites
Specific Course Information
Amateur Courses and BadgesDFB Grassroots C Course
Professional Courses and BadgesDFB Pro DiplomaDFB A BadgeDFB B BadgeDFB C Badge
Ireland/FAI (En)Official Website
Specific Course InformationKick Start 1
Amateur Courses and Badges
- Grassroots and children's (6-9) coaching.Kick Start 2
- Grassroots and children's coaching (9-12)Youth CertificateSenior IntroGoalkeeper Introduction
Professional Courses and BadgesUEFA Pro LicenceUEFA A BadgeUEFA B BadgeGoalkeeper A LicenceGoalkeeper B LicenceMedical Workshops
- These courses are required for the UEFA B Badge, Goalkeeping B Licence and Youth Certificate.Small Sided Games WorkshopStrength and Conditioning CourseFutsal CourseDisability Football Workshop
As the KNVB site and information is in Dutch, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post.Official WebsiteKNVB Coaches and Training Homepage
- The first stop for all the information you'll be looking for. Links to all and any information about KNVB courses and study that you'll need.KNVB Academie
- Homepage for the KNVB online studies. You will need to register to be able to login to this section of the website. Keep in mind that a lot of these courses require you to be able to participate in specifically planned training sessions in The Netherlands. In Dutch and English
.Football Management Course (Business)
Specific Course Information
Amateur Courses and Badges
The KNVB uses the terms "F-Pupillen", "E-Pupillen" and "D-Pupillen" which translate to "F, E and D pupils", respectively. Essentially these are children's categories where different techniques and abilities are taught. D-Pupils are the first group of young players that get to play with the offside rule and on a fully sized pitch.
All of the below links contain information on prices and locations as well as course summaries.F Level Pupil CourseE Level Pupil CourseD Level Pupil CoursePupil Trainer
- This course is a combination of the F, E and D courses.Youth Football Training CourseJunior Trainer (13-19)Technical Youth Coordinator IITechincal Youth Coordinator IIIG-Football - Training For Disabled PersonsGoalkeeping Level II CourseGoalkeeping Level III Course
Professional Courses and BadgesUEFA C Badge - KNVB Trainer Coach III for Senior Players CourseUEFA C Badge - KNVB Trainer Coach for Youth Players CourseUEFA B BadgeUEFA A Badge - Trainer Coach I for Senior PlayersUEFA A Badge - Trainer Coach I for Youth PlayersUEFA Pro Diploma
Refresher and Retraining CoursesDealing With Problem BehaviourDeveloping Playing StyleTraining Facilitation
Northern Ireland/IFA (En)
Dirk has let us know that he's heard that the professional Irish courses and badges might be marked a little easier than else where. Check them out.
Many of the Northern Irish courses and badge pages don't contain too much information, simply price, location and payment methods. The names are fairly self explanatory and if you're not sure, compare and contrast them to the closest UEFA badge.Official WebsiteIFA National Coaching Booklet
- Document with information on the IFA coaching ladder and summaries of all the courses listed below.
Amateur Courses and BadgesIFA Level IIFA Level IIIFA Grassroots IntroductionGoalkeeping Certificate
Professional Courses and BadgesIFA Level V - UEFA Pro Diploma (A Badge Part II)IFA Level IV - UEFA A Badge (A Badge Part I)IFA Level III - UEFA B BadgeGoalkeeping DiplomaIFA Youth CertificateLevel 2 Disabled AwardLevel I Disabled Award
As the NFF site and information is in Norwegian, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. Norway is fairly accommodating to English speakers so it may be worth your time to get in contact with the federation if you would like to train for any courses or badges there.Official WebsiteClub Management Courses
- Courses aimed at developing club management skills. From football philosophy to how to run a canteen.
Amateur Courses and Badges"ABCs" Course
- A very basic introduction to the rules of football for aspiring coaches and managers.NFF C Licence
- Childrens and youth football. The starting point of the Norwegian coach training pyramid.
Professional Courses and BadgesUEFA Pro LicenceUEFA A LicenceUEFA B Licence
The Scottish FA provides a great amount of information and courses. Check out any one of the below links to get an idea. They do get a little pricey on the upper tiers.Official WebsiteNational Coaching Brochure
- Coaching pathways information and summaries. Lists of locations, prices and courses.
Specific Course InformationChildren's Level I
- Early Touches CertificateChildren's Level II
- Coaching Young Footballers Children's Level III
- Coaching in the Game Children's Level IV
- Basic Children's AwardChildren's Level V
- Advanced Children's LicenceYouth Level I
- Development Activities CertificateYouth Level II
- Coaching Youth Footballers CertificateYouth Level III
- Coaching in the Game CertificateYouth Level IV
- Basic Youth AwardYouth Level V
- Youth LicenceAdult Level I
- Coach EducationAdult Level II
- UEFA Basic Licence Introduction (Equivalent to UEFA B Badge)Adult Level III
- UEFA Basic Licence Assessment (Equivalent to UEFA B Badge)Adult Level IV
- UEFA Advanced Licence Introductory and Assessment (Equivalent to UEFA A Badge)Adult Level V
- UEFA Pro DiplomaGoalkeeper Level IGoalkeeper Level IIGoalkeeper Level IIIGoalkeeper Level IVGoalkeeper Level VCoaching Footballers With Disabilities
As the RFEF site and information is in Spanish, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. Official WebsiteCourse in Football Management (Business)Course in Sports Management (Business)
Specific Course Information
Amateur Courses and BadgesGrassroots Courses
- These are organised by local and district federations.Monitor Course
- Required before enrolling in Coaching Course I.
Professional Courses and BadgesCoaching Course ICoaching Course II
- IntermediateCoaching Course III
- National Manager/Coach levelGoalkeeping Course
As the SvFF site and information is in Swedish, I recommend referring to my tips at the bottom of my first post. Sweden, just as Norway is, is fairly accommodating to English speakers so it may be worth your time to get in contact with the federation if you would like to train for any courses or badges there.
Sweden has some slightly different options open to aspiring coaches and managers than other countries - They have a multitude of university degrees on football in addition to the regular football courses and badges that are on offer. They provide excellent training and the same certificates as specific courses run by SvFF and local federations. If you find yourself to be a resident there as I did, it may well be worth your time looking into it.Official WebsiteCoaching Pathway OverviewGoalkeeping Coaching Overview
Amateur Courses and Badges
These courses are all organised by district associations. Whilst they are called basic, they all lead up to a final "Diplomkurs bas", literally, "Basic Diploma Course", which is equivalent to the UEFA B Badge.Basic Diploma Course - UEFA B BadgeKick off
- Childrens and grassroots course.Basic Leadership IBasic Leadership IIGame/Playing Understanding and Comprehension IGame/Playing Understanding and Comprehension IITechnique ITechnique IITraining Knowledge I
- Coruse on how to run training sessions, warm up and down, health and nutrition for children.Training Knowledge II
- Course on child development and injury prevention.Goalkeeping I
- Introduction to goalkeeping for children. Teaches techniques and prepares them for match situations.Goalkeeping II
- Focusses on training goalkeeping defensive and attacking play and introduces a goalkeeping development plan.
Advanced Courses and Badges
These courses lead up to the UEFA A Badge and Pro Diploma.Diploma Course - UEFA A BadgeCourse I
- Leadership, Understanding and Technique.Course II
- Understanding, Technique and Training Knowledge (Physical Training).Course III
- Training Knowledge (Health and Nutrition, Planning Training, Injury Management), Understanding, Goalkeeping and Leadership.Pro DiplomaEdited by Draupnir: 8/6/2012 02:37:40 AMEdited by Draupnir: 9/9/2015 07:53:53 PM