World Politics/Global Events

World Politics/Global Events

Author
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Anyone who tweets to "liberate your state" is trying to generate division Rusty. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pallets-of-bricks-protest-sites/

False of course.

Member since 2008.

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I just want to FACT check myself for a statement I wrote a few days ago (I misheard the stat and wanted to correct myself).. the median net worth of a white family in the USA is $171k (not almost a million as I stated) whilst a black family is $17.6k. This stat is from the 2016 Federal Reserve Survey of Consumer Finances. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by theFOOTBALLlover
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 6 Jun 2020 2:34 PM
I just want to FACT check myself for a statement I wrote a few days ago (I misheard the stat and wanted to correct myself).. the median net worth of a white family in the USA is $171k (not almost a million as I stated) whilst a black family is $17.6k. This stat is from the 2016 Federal Reserve Survey of Consumer Finances. 

This number makes better sense and bravo for being able to self correct.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/new-york-state-57-police-resign-to-support-officers-fired-for-shoving-75-year-old

American police unions at their finest lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

2019the cause celebre was extinction rebellion
2020 BLM

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

Les Gock
Les Gock
Amateur
Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 6 Jun 2020 9:58 AM

Oh. My. God.

Using Snopes as a 'source'. That would have to be an all time low for this forum. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited
4 Years Ago by Les Gock
Les Gock
Les Gock
Amateur
Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)Amateur (687 reputation)

Turns out the narrative of police tear-gassing 'peaceful' protestors to give POTUS a photo op was false. Surprise, surprise.

- US Park Police had no knowledge that Trump would be coming.

- Protestors were asked to disperse three times.

- Some protestors threw bricks and bottles at the police. It appears the term 'peaceful protestors' has taken a new meaning in recent times.

- Why were police not wearing gas masks if they were using tear gas? Think logically.

- If the police really were told to use tear gas to give POTUS his so-called photo opportunity, why would they use tear gas on the street where he'd be soon walking? Again, think logically.

As it happened, the police had to use smoke canisters to disperse the violent mob.

Always question the MSM narrative.

Les Gock
Les Gock
Amateur

A number of Democrats have recently been using the slogan "Defund the Police".

This confirms that the left is either barking mad, or they have some crazy plans in store. It also shows they're becoming increasingly desperate.

Fun fact: Hillary's lawyers were in court this week, and her hearing regarding the email scandal will be heard on September 9th.

Les Gock
Les Gock
Amateur

Captain Haddock - 4 Jun 2020 11:45 AM
Les Gock - 3 Jun 2020 1:39 PM

My thoughts on Trump haven't changed much since I first became consciously aware of him on 'The Apprentice' some 15 years ago. He is vain, arrogant, brash and has a lofty opinion of himself. I would not call myself a Trump supporter. However, neither am I anti-Trump. And the level of TDS I see so many people afflicted by is unbelievable to say the least... 

You've got to remember that, from the moment he took office, there were 3 things working against Trump:

1) He is not a talented speaker, especially compared to his predecessor
2) He was not an ingrained member of the political establishment
3) He is a Republican

These three factors alone mean that no matter what he says/ does, large sections of the media and establishment politicians will automatically take the opposite approach and claim anybody not siding with their narrative is a monster/ rusted- on Trump supporter. My lack of trust in the traditional media had already eroded long before June 2015 when DJT rode the escalator down at Trump Tower to announce his running for President. The last 4 years has only shone a high-powered torchlight on how little people should trust the MSM, or the notion that what they tell you is for your own good...

Well said.

Must admit I initially assumed Trump was establishment or approved opposition, but the George H. Bush funeral convinced me that he's definitely not part of the establishment.

There's extensive footage prior to the ceremony of politicians from Left and Right all chummy and friendly (maybe for optics tbf), and that all changed when Donald and Melania Trump entered the church. It was like an enemy entered the building, and confirmed to me that he wasn't joking about draining the swamp.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Les Gock - 7 Jun 2020 8:56 AM
Munrubenmuz - 6 Jun 2020 9:58 AM

Oh. My. God.

Using Snopes as a 'source'. That would have to be an all time low for this forum. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

All the references and links are there to cross check. Just because it doesn't fit your tin foil narrative doesn't mean it isn't a reliable source.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Les Gock - 7 Jun 2020 10:10 AM
Captain Haddock - 4 Jun 2020 11:45 AM

Well said.

Must admit I initially assumed Trump was establishment or approved opposition, but the George H. Bush funeral convinced me that he's definitely not part of the establishment.

There's extensive footage prior to the ceremony of politicians from Left and Right all chummy and friendly (maybe for optics tbf), and that all changed when Donald and Melania Trump entered the church. It was like an enemy entered the building, and confirmed to me that he wasn't joking about draining the swamp.

Maybe he's just a cockhead that everyone hates?

It's illustrative that Melania was caught joking with Obama and yet Trump has to beg her to smile for the cameras.

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Les Gock - 7 Jun 2020 9:49 AM
Turns out the narrative of police tear-gassing 'peaceful' protestors to give POTUS a photo op was false. Surprise, surprise.

- Some protestors threw bricks and bottles at the police. It appears the term 'peaceful protestors' has taken a new meaning in recent times.

- Why were police not wearing gas masks if they were using tear gas? Think logically.

- If the police really were told to use tear gas to give POTUS his so-called photo opportunity, why would they use tear gas on the street where he'd be soon walking? Again, think logically.

As it happened, the police had to use smoke canisters to disperse the violent mob.

Thanks Hannity.  Any sources to back all of that up?

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

The link below is a clip just under 10 minutes. I highly encourage everyone to have a look at it, especially those who support the BLM protesting. 

However regardless of being for or against organisations like BLM and protests I think this is a clip that anyone will enjoy listening to.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I'm not 100% sure of this (had heard it mentioned before but not yet seen reliable links to back it up) HOWEVER-

Last week I was at a mates' and his missus put CNN on because "she likes to get an idea from them (the Americans) what's going on". I tried to point out that it's CNN and I'd take most of what they said with a grain of salt, but I don't know if she got what I meant by it. So I sat and watched...

And holy shit...just half an hour was ridiculous enough. I can completely understand how somebody who takes a "news" channel like that seriously could hold the paranoid views of Trump/ Republicans that they do. There was an entire panel of them who spent the better part of 10 minutes criticising the way he held that Bible in front of the church FFS. They then contrasted it, full of praise for Biden attending a black church service (with the mask down around his chin!). I hope for Joe's sake the people in attendance were all real black people and not those fake ones who'd vote Republican...

They also mentioned how the "peaceful protestors" had been tear-gassed and showed the same footage of a group of demonstrators harmlessly walking along a street at least twice. Straight away I wondered if there was more to this story than they were letting on? Just because they say "peaceful protestors" and show a brief clip to back it up doesn't mean it's true. Because I knew straight away with no doubt whatsoever that had this exact incident happened under Obama, they'd instead be berating the protestors for showing such "disrespect" to the President and blocking his path and how such people were a threat to American society- and millions of people would be frothing at the mouth on Occupy Democrats and NowThis politics and people on my Fb would follow suit...

This is the thing with MSM networks like CNN- even something as straightforward as "they tear-gassed peaceful protestors so Trump could get a photoshoot out the front of a church with a Bible" can't be taken seriously because you can almost bet even that story contains lies by omission and other inconvenient details conveniently cropped out of the story. And as your post suggests, that initial hunch I felt might just have been correct after all?

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Muz
Muz
Legend

Captain Haddock - 9 Jun 2020 9:28 PM

I'm not 100% sure of this (had heard it mentioned before but not yet seen reliable links to back it up) HOWEVER-

Last week I was at a mates' and his missus put CNN on because "she likes to get an idea from them (the Americans) what's going on". I tried to point out that it's CNN and I'd take most of what they said with a grain of salt, but I don't know if she got what I meant by it. So I sat and watched...

And holy shit...just half an hour was ridiculous enough. I can completely understand how somebody who takes a "news" channel like that seriously could hold the paranoid views of Trump/ Republicans that they do. There was an entire panel of them who spent the better part of 10 minutes criticising the way he held that Bible in front of the church FFS. They then contrasted it, full of praise for Biden attending a black church service (with the mask down around his chin!). I hope for Joe's sake the people in attendance were all real black people and not those fake ones who'd vote Republican...

They also mentioned how the "peaceful protestors" had been tear-gassed and showed the same footage of a group of demonstrators harmlessly walking along a street at least twice. Straight away I wondered if there was more to this story than they were letting on? Just because they say "peaceful protestors" and show a brief clip to back it up doesn't mean it's true. Because I knew straight away with no doubt whatsoever that had this exact incident happened under Obama, they'd instead be berating the protestors for showing such "disrespect" to the President and blocking his path and how such people were a threat to American society- and millions of people would be frothing at the mouth on Occupy Democrats and NowThis politics and people on my Fb would follow suit...

This is the thing with MSM networks like CNN- even something as straightforward as "they tear-gassed peaceful protestors so Trump could get a photoshoot out the front of a church with a Bible" can't be taken seriously because you can almost bet even that story contains lies by omission and other inconvenient details conveniently cropped out of the story. And as your post suggests, that initial hunch I felt might just have been correct after all?

All well and good.  Have you watched 30 minutes of Fox news?  Any of Fox news's shows?  Besides Chris Wallace the rest of them would put North Korean State Television to shame.

There's lickspittles, sycophants and then there's Fox.

As for Trump and the church thing.  Here's what happened.  The park was cleared of protesters with some sort of pepper/tear gas as well as smoke bombs and other types of substances to disperse the crowd.

5 minutes later Trump walks out through a path cleared by security and gets a photo holding a bible outside of the church.  No prayers, no speech, no visit inside, no introspective solemnity.  Nothing.  Then the orange man strode back into the White House.

Now perhaps Barr ordered the park cleared and miraculously, at the very same time without knowing what had just happened, Trump decided it was a good idea to stroll over and get a happy snap?!  I mean let's be real here.  You seem to be a fairly intelligent bloke so how about you apply a bit of Occam's razor and decide what was more likely to have happened.

Oh and by the way.  This story popped up on Fox.  (Not CNN.)  https://www.foxnews.com/us/park-police-walk-back-tear-gas-denial-in-lafayette-park-clearing

Now split hairs and tell me pepper balls which causes irritation to the throat, nose and eyes 'technically' isn't tear gas.  (Which I've seen on Twitter.)  FFS.   

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

In the grand scheme of things it isn't that important & quite trivial to be honest.

In the scheme of things the President of the United States went for a stroll outside in a place where violence, looting & arson was rampant.  I'm sure his security guys did what they had to do.  I personally couldn't really give a shit & dwelling on it is just whiny nitpicking for the sake of it. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 10 Jun 2020 11:58 AM
In the grand scheme of things it isn't that important & quite trivial to be honest.

In the scheme of things the President of the United States went for a stroll outside in a place where violence, looting & arson was rampant.  I'm sure his security guys did what they had to do.  I personally couldn't really give a shit & dwelling on it is just whiny nitpicking for the sake of it. 

I'm with you.....

Love Football

robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

robstazzz - 9 Jun 2020 4:50 PM
The link below is a clip just under 10 minutes. I highly encourage everyone to have a look at it, especially those who support the BLM protesting. 

However regardless of being for or against organisations like BLM and protests I think this is a clip that anyone will enjoy listening to.

I thought I put up the link but just noticed I didn't, so here it is. 

https://www.facebook.com/569022853258776/posts/1507921309368921?vh=e&d=n&sfns=mo

Muz
Muz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 10 Jun 2020 11:58 AM

Says you.  Others say it was peaceful. 

In the 'grand scheme of things' it's about the truth.

Member since 2008.

dirk vanadidas
dirk vanadidas
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Abu Dhabi uses modern slavery for economic gain, just wandering what raheem stirling and lewis hamilton make of this as they are both benefit from this money

Europe is funding the war not Chelsea football club

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

dirkvanadidas - 11 Jun 2020 12:09 AM
Abu Dhabi uses modern slavery for economic gain, just wandering what raheem stirling and lewis hamilton make of this as they are both benefit from this money

Let alone the deals they strike with Nike etc for sponsorships lol

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/paw-patrols-cartoon-dog-chase-targeted-by-protesters-amid-black-lives-matter-movement/news-story/468328e27408aa1165aed33b9e7a7d0f

“Protesters have an unlikely new target - a cartoon dog.People on social media are now taking aim at Chase, a german shepherd pup that plays a cop in the children’s show”

“On the surface, Paw Patrol seems like harmless fun. However, the themes presented to the impressionable audience depict a misogynistic, conservative authoritarian fantasy,” it said.

No this is not a joke.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

The Paw Patrol issues have been discussed well before the current protests. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/sep/15/paw-patrol-the-megalomaniacal-kids-tv-show-thats-ruining-my-life

My gripe is with Thomas and Friends.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Burztur - 11 Jun 2020 9:32 PM
The Paw Patrol issues have been discussed well before the current protests. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/sep/15/paw-patrol-the-megalomaniacal-kids-tv-show-thats-ruining-my-life

My gripe is with Thomas and Friends.

That article seems to be more about kids who watch shows on an endless repeat, rather than "oh gawd the dog is a police officer, get rid of him"
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
NicCarBel - 11 Jun 2020 9:41 PM
Burztur - 11 Jun 2020 9:32 PM

That article seems to be more about kids who watch shows on an endless repeat, rather than "oh gawd the dog is a police officer, get rid of him"

Erm no, its the “oh gawd the dog is a police officer, get rid of him”
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

rusty - 11 Jun 2020 9:49 PM
NicCarBel - 11 Jun 2020 9:41 PM

Erm no, its the “oh gawd the dog is a police officer, get rid of him”

Um... that's what I said?
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class

rusty - 11 Jun 2020 8:11 PM
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/paw-patrols-cartoon-dog-chase-targeted-by-protesters-amid-black-lives-matter-movement/news-story/468328e27408aa1165aed33b9e7a7d0f

“Protesters have an unlikely new target - a cartoon dog.People on social media are now taking aim at Chase, a german shepherd pup that plays a cop in the children’s show”

“On the surface, Paw Patrol seems like harmless fun. However, the themes presented to the impressionable audience depict a misogynistic, conservative authoritarian fantasy,” it said.

No this is not a joke.

😂 fuck me dead, you're right this isn't even a joke. 

You seriously have to be sick in the head of you have a problem with this cartoon, and want it removed. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

I'm pissed at Summer Heights High being taken off.  More pissed about this 'blackface' rubbish in Australia.  Yes in America it was a way to denigrate black people but it was, at least to my knowledge, never a thing in Australia.  Just more cultural appropriation of the US by our own set of handwringers and bedwetters.  (Briggs, Liz Cambage etc.)

I'll never forget that flog Harry Connick Jr ragging on the Indian fellas doing a Michael Jackson skit on Hey Hey and carrying on like an idiot.  https://www.smh.com.au/national/connick-jr-offended-by-hey-hey-its-saturday-blackface-skit-20091008-gng3.html

Liz Cambage particularly annoying calling out her own team mate of all people.  If you go to a party where it is 'come as someone you admire' and you admire a black person then what the fuck is the big deal with putting on dark makeup.  FFS.  https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/opals-forward-alice-kunek-apologises-after-angering-liz-cambage-with-blackface-post-20160221-gmzlg5.html

Yes if you black it up and then denigrate that person or race but fair dinkum give me a break if you trying to emulate someone you admire.

Happy to be convinced otherwise by an indigenous person.

Member since 2008.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search