Religion

Religion

Author
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
what? brainwashing?? Blasphemy! If there was a feature film on it it must be real. were gonna die in 5 years from climate change guys, didnt you know that???

:lol:
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not that I want a climate change debate, but do you guys actually not accept it?
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

This is the religion thread... that YOU started Nico... try and keep it on track please... :roll::P
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Hey hey! I accept no responsibility for this thread, and anyway, the whole propaganda started it... I suppose I could go create a climate change thread if you'd like :P.

Actually, I think it is relevant, as surely if you take the view of science in determining the bible, etc, you'd also have to accept science when it comes to global warming/climate change.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

tbh, i think there is a problem, but its not as outrageous as some believe. Sorry marty, back on track as of ....NOW

So, Religion ay?
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Guest wrote:
But if your faced with the following situatiuon there is only 1 choice put forward to make.

No there isn't. There's always 2 choices. Everything has an opposite. You can either accept what the propaganda is telling you, or not.

Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

So your telling me that the pressure of if you don't choose this way of living you are evil does not affect a choice.

Edited by guest: 21/9/2008 10:34:58 PM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

It does affect it. But it doesn't force the person to choose the 'good' way of living. When it all boils down to it, it is still YOU making the choice, not anyone one else forcing you to choose a certain path.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
If you seriously believe that some people arent made to beleive what they do you are hysterical.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
It does affect it. But it doesn't force the person to choose the 'good' way of living. When it all boils down to it, it is still YOU making the choice, not anyone one else forcing you to choose a certain path.

Ok here is an example thanks to the good producers of Thank You for Smoking):

You can not decide whether something is better/good unless you try it.

Now your mum tells you ciggarettes are bad right.

Well is she a doctor or a scientific researcher of some kind.

If she isn't she is hardly a credible source.

So why do you still listen to her and agree with her readily?
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Guest wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Ok here is an example thanks to the good producers of Thank You for Smoking):

You can not decide whether something is better/good unless you try it.

Now your mum tells you ciggarettes are bad right.

Well is she a doctor or a scientific researcher of some kind.

If she isn't she is hardly a credible source.

So why do you still listen to her and agree with her readily?

That isn't brainwashing though. At least not in my eyes. That's just influencing a decision, because in the end, you are still making your own choice.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

For all you Jesus people out there watch this documentry

IT'S A MUST SEE MOVIE!

And NO, its not the work of devil...:roll:

If you watch it, please let me know what you think.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/dloads.htm

Edited by leftrightout: 22/9/2008 05:42:09 PM
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

For all those who are serious believers in god, i have a question.
Do you think god is exclusive to earth, or do you believe he has created life on other planets too?
Im not taking the piss, im serious.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

"and on the first day, god created the heavens and the earth..." etc.

surely that suggests that got isn't simply exclusive to one planet??
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Yeah. If got didnt create all the other stuff, then why/how did he create earth. Who did created the rest if god didnt??? Science? God believers think NOT!

Edited by mk0825: 22/9/2008 10:01:33 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Science is only mankind's interpretation of natural phenomena. But still...mk, good point if a little aggressive.

I hope you've all done your homework and watched "Louis Theroux's 'the most hated family in america'". There will be a test.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Quote:
Science is only mankind's interpretation of natural phenomena. But still...mk, good point if a little aggressive.
I still prefer interpretations of observations over ancient texts.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
I still prefer interpretations of observations over ancient texts.

Ancient texts used to explain stuff people couldn't explain...
martyB
martyB
Legend

Im not discrediting ancient texts, folk lore, religion etc.

They have filled the void in human knowledge, and created a rationale. Science offers the same effect through rationale. Difference is, though, science (and derivative technologies) are proven to work. The mathematics behind what we know is a pure coincidence? I don't think so.

The major difference between science and religion is that science is always open to new ideas.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Im not discrediting ancient texts, folk lore, religion etc.

Everybody loves a good Norse tail of Valhalla...
Quote:
The major difference between science and religion is that science is always open to new ideas.

That and science can prove that the stuff they say is there that you can't see is actually there...
martyB
martyB
Legend

When you pull your pants up, afromanGT, I bet you're confident your doodle is still there... now shut it hypocrite.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

oh, penis jibes?? Now who's the immature one?
Chilugal
Chilugal
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)

I thought this thread had died. ](*,) A couple of quick responses before I go to work:

Question on life on other planets: Though I obviously can't answer for everyone who believes in God here, but no I don't believe God created life on other planets. The Bible doesn't mention life on other planets, but neither can I think of a passage which supports life on earth only (maybe there is, just can't think of one). Until there is proof (not this Mars rock rubbish), that there is life elsewhere, I'll continue believing this.

But just to expand, I don't believe the animal world and mankind are the only living creatures. There's a spiritual realm out there, angels and devils which go about their business.

Homework on "Louis Theroux's 'the most hated family in america'": Westboro Baptist Church have been making a lot of noise in the media lately so it was good to watch it, thanks Afro. I don't believe any Christian on these forums share the same beliefs as this "church", in fact it seemed by their own mouths that they were unique in their position.

I would not call them true Christians. They appear to believe in "salvation by works". Their works = broadcasting that homosexuals and america are doomed. They never speak of God's grace, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for us.

Titus 3:5-7 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

So yes there are crazies out there.

Brainwashing: Must admit, I didn't read every post on it but it appears that some of you believe that people that believe in God were brainwashed as a child? :lol: I agree that every individual are influenced by their parents and the people around them, but at some point everyone is accountable for who they are and what they believe, there is always a choice, even if there's a gun pointed at your head.

Would it surprise if I told you I was "brainwashed" into believing evolution? As a toddler we watch our playschools and seseme streets which quite often tell us "kids, did you know dinosaurs roamed the world millions of years ago??" They know kids love dinosaurs, I loved dinosaurs, bought every book on dinosaurs I could get my hands on. Through the school systems I was taught of evolution (like everyone) as a "fact" with many "proofs" (vestigial bones, missing links, radiometric dating etc.). At the same time I was being taught of the Biblical God by my parents, but I never once questioned evolution. I thought God used the evolution process to create everything.

When I finished high school and between the ages of 18-21 I started to question everything, my Christian beliefs and everything I was taught through school. I wanted to know more and had a thirst for knowledge. I had many books on evolution and in wanting to know more I discovered that most (if not all) proofs of evolution I was taught were lies! Vestigal bones? Lies, Missing links? Frauds (classic case some years ago the media were all over the new missing link found in africa, when examined by experts they found it was nothing but a extinct female ape skull - but this was never shown on the media). Radiometric dating? It is not fact based, it is assumption based (eg. Carbon dating is only good for a maximum of 10,000 years).

So in wanting to know more I read books and online articles on evolution lies which eventually led to Creationists, and eventually reinforcing the truth of the Bible. What I find scary are others from my generation who find it odd that I don't believe in evolution, and they parrot off the exact "proofs" which are fraudulent!! Who's brainwashed exactly?

Science is great (biology, chemistry, physics etc.), but evolution isn't science, it's a government endorsed religion being taught in public schools, it requires faith. And it hides in the shadow of true science so that it somehow sounds reputable.

I'm open to more ridicule now, thanks for reading. 8-[
Nico
Nico
World Class

Because the bible contains so much proven fact :roll:

I doubt you have done much reading. You are just taking the viewpoint all Christians who don't believe in it are, and there are answers for all your claims if you had looked. The problem is, you are looking for the answers from God believers, because that's what you truly want, so you'll never have a proper argument on it.

leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Anyone heard of the Egyptian sun god Horas?

Born of the virgin on Dec 25, three kings follow a star to his birth, 12 disciples, betrayed and crucified, body resurrected and rose to heaven

Or Dyanosis Greek god...

Born of the virgin on Dec 25, three kings follow a star to his birth, 12 disciples, betrayed and crucified, body resurrected and rose to heaven

sound familiar? :-$

Watch all three...

There is actually a story in almost every early civilisation the same, it's a pagan story made up to describe the movement of our sun (God) and the stars.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Edited by leftrightout: 23/9/2008 10:37:21 AM
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

anyone watch the video's yet??

what do you think?
Chilugal
Chilugal
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)Hardcore Fan (270 reputation)

Haven't watched it yet (computer problems) but you're correct about the Dec 25 birthday thing. Many pagan gods were said to be born on this day, historically it has nothing to do with Jesus, but when Rome got their hands on "Christianity" they chose Dec 25 so it coincides with pagan winter solstice celebrations.

Researchers would generally agree the real Jesus was born around March. This topic is a real can of worms because while most Christians (and non-Christians) observe Dec 25 as a Christian holiday, it really isn't.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for us.

In that song at the start they bloody well do. Kudos for watching it. However, points deducted for not paying full attention.
Quote:
Anyone heard of the Egyptian sun god Horas?

intersting...so the Ancient Egyptians used the Roman calendar thousands of years before it was even thought up?? Those fucking geniuses. The significances with that time of the year are clear though, it is rather close to the Solstice.
Quote:
when Rome got their hands on "Christianity" they chose Dec 25 so it coincides with pagan winter solstice celebrations.

I find this point amusing regarding what was said about the selectiveness of people involved in the religion and how they taylor it to suit themselves rather than vice versa...

And regardign brainwashing: While it may not be how you traditionally see brainwashing, it fits the confines of the definition of the word perfectly.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

afromanGT wrote:
intersting...so the Ancient Egyptians used the Roman calendar thousands of years before it was even thought up?? Those fucking geniuses. The significances with that time of the year are clear though, it is rather close to the Solstice.

If anything the Romans copied the Egyptian calendar..word for word pretty much. The Romans just put there little twist on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_calendar
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Ah, but think, if christ was born on the 25rhday of the 12th month in the egyptian calendar, then that would be the 19th of december...
Regardign the roman calendar, the original Roman calendar had only 10 months, and was based around a Lunar cycle, unlike the egyptians.
"The original Roman calendar is believed to have been a lunar calendar, which may have been based on one of the Greek lunar calendars. As the time between new moons averages 29.5 days, its months would have been either hollow (29 days) or full (30 days). Full months were considered powerful and therefore auspicious; hollow months were unlucky. Roman traditions claimed that the calendar was invented by Romulus, the founder of Rome about 753 BC.

Unlike our dates, which are numbered sequentially from the beginning of the month, the Romans counted backwards from three fixed points - the Nones, the Ides, and the Kalends of the following month. This system originated in the practice of "calling" the new month when the crescent was first observed in the west after sunset. From the shape and orientation of the new moon the number of days remaining to the nones would be proclaimed. The earliest known version contained ten months, and started at the vernal equinox..."

The 11th month was introduced later to make the calendar more 'lucky'
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search