Religion

Religion

Author
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fredsta wrote:
PazzaInter wrote:
Is there anyone out there who reckons they have spoken to God? If so, how did you do it and what did he say? I had a few RE teachers in school who thought they had spoken to God.

We had this Maltese bloke working at my school he was studying to become a priest and he sings Christian songs apparently he is a massive celebrity in malta and he sang a song with guy Sebastian at WYD. Any way he said he was a real bad ass at school always getting into trouble and he didnt care about it and then he became a serial liar and he told tons of lies and he spread all these rumors about the leader of a gang and this guy hunted him for six months and the leader found his best mate and tortured him to within and inch of his life. And the Maltese bloke was falling out with his family and was basicaly a complete loser and had fucked up his life and one day he just sat there and he was I might add a Catholic but he was doubting it all and only in it because he was born into it. He pulled up two chairs and he sat on one and imagined God was in the other and he just began to talk to this chair and he realized how much of a stuff up he was and he decided he would go back to school and study again and before his final exam he hadn't done it for ages but he did this night and pulled up his chair and the other one for God, he was struggling with his study and he broke down and started chatting to God and he says after a while something inside him told him to flick to this random page in a book. He did and in it was everything he needed to pass the exam. he aced the test and claims it was God who spoke to him wether or not it was or if you just imagine you are talking to God he says you will find the answers.

Don't know if I believe it was God but one of my tecahers who is one of the few non catholic ones at my school had a stroke and was on the opearting tbale and apparently they "lost" her and she claims to have seen the light and her deceased mother saying "not yet, youre not ready" or something along the lines of that and then next thing she knows she is awake.
I find that interesting but I don't know if I believe it

Look, I'm Maltese and we are the most Catholic country in the world but what's to say he wasn't in tune with another frequency and he confused it with Jesus because that's all he was taught.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Fredsta - So this tool 'found' god and now thanks him for getting his life back together?? That's the problem with religion, what's different about god being there and you just doing it yourself to begin with?
Quote:
There is no argument, there are three versions though...version 1 Jesus existed, version 2 Jesus did not exist and version 3 the truth.

That's your opinion, but what makes it any different to them saying "Jesus existed"?? Just because you say it doesn't qualify it as being correct. Version 3 is in direct correlation to version 1.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Have you look into both sides (1,2) equally thoroughly and with out bias?

If it leads you to 1, then congrats.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
Oh yeah an afro, you are a very good comedian...

That Hell thing had me :lol:

But it was there to prove a point. You say hell doesn't exist, I say it does. Someone else says it does too, but we have different definitons of 'hell'.
Quote:
And then you have the Roman records that indeed there was a Jesus who was arrested and Crucified.

I know it looks like I keep changing sides here. The only problem with that, is taht the name Jesus/Joshua was, at the time, as common as John or Bob now. But I believe that they are talking about the one person in the Roman texts, since how many religious zealout trouble makers by the name of Jesus could there be?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Have you look into both sides (1,2) equally thoroughly and with out bias?

I've always been Agnostic, so I've had plenty of time to wonder as to the existance of god and Jesus, and I dont' give a shit either way. And this still leads to number one and number three.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Fredsta - So this tool 'found' god and now thanks him for getting his life back together?? That's the problem with religion, what's different about god being there and you just doing it yourself to begin with?
Quote:
There is no argument, there are three versions though...version 1 Jesus existed, version 2 Jesus did not exist and version 3 the truth.

That's your opinion, but what makes it any different to them saying "Jesus existed"?? Just because you say it doesn't qualify it as being correct. Version 3 is in direct correlation to version 1.

Yeah I think he did it himself but because he was "communicating" with him he contributes it to God. I think if their is a God he will always act discreetly and plant things in our head like what happened to the Maltese bloke. One thing I am certain of though is that evrything happens for a reason One example of this is a family friend was driving to work in Tasmania ages ago (same day as that bridge collapse) and he was just about to get on the bridge he realized he left his suit case at home so he turned around and 5 minutes later the bridge collapsed. I mean I could be fired from work tommorow only to the next day get my dream job.
I could be rejected by a girl and as a result meat my future wife. I spose though you could argue about suicide bombers and other horrible things but in my life I have found alot of the things that happen to me are for a reason
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Agnostic comes from the word 'knowledge' (latin), so if you were Agnostic you would give a shit.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
I could be rejected by a girl and as a result meat my future wife. I spose though you could argue about suicide bombers and other horrible things but in my life I have found alot of the things that happen to me are for a reason

And then there are the people who get shat on time and again, what do you have to say in regards to them?? Are they just 'colateral damage' in order to make someone else's life better?? Is god really the most inhumane of us all??
Quote:
Agnostic comes from the word 'knowledge' (latin), so if you were Agnostic you would give a shit.

Yes, knowledge, as in I want an answer, which is why I talk about it and take an interst in it, but I don't care much for what that answer is, because it doesnt' change much IMO.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Quote:
And then you have the Roman records that indeed there was a Jesus who was arrested and Crucified.

I refer back to the statement I made that anyone can create a website and claim to be an expert. Just because it's written doesn't mean it's 'gospel'.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Just because it's written doesn't mean it's 'gospel'.

That works both ways, with your people stating it's all bollocks too.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

And then there are the people who get shat on time and again, what do you have to say in regards to them?? Are they just 'colateral damage' in order to make someone else's life better?? Is god really the most inhumane of us all??

See: Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

who are my people? I'm saying that pro weigh out the cons but I reserve my judgements till I see facts.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Hey congrats Afro only just noticed the new Moderator badge.
EDIT Same goes Nico.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
See: Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode.

:-$ I don't read all taht religios conspiracy crap, they're as full of shit as the next guy.
Quote:
who are my people? I'm saying that pro weigh out the cons but I reserve my judgements till I see facts.

Ok, poorly worded. The conspiracy people you reference, are no different in respect to being right or wrong or full of shit.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Hey congrats Afro only just noticed the new Moderator badge.

Cheers mate, there's a whole thread about it, there's four of us. Stifflersmom and Benjamin are also mods now, so look out;)
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

It was agreeing with what you said afro...

Edit: I decided that was too big, if you wanna read lyrics - Blasphemous Rumours

Apparently the Pope (probably the last one) came out and condemned the song. I think that is stupid because it has a pretty simply point.

Edited by Nico: 18/10/2008 01:07:27 PM
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Quote:
Ok, poorly worded. The conspiracy people you reference, are no different in respect to being right or wrong or full of shit.

So in your world they mean shit to you. It might be an age thing as you get older you start to question thing a lot more, afro...I'm not trying to appeal to your ego but you do come across as fairly well educated intelligent person (seriously, when your not coming up with one-liners that are reserved for stand up comedians). I'm not sure how old you are but have you ever asked yourself what the fuck is it all about and why are we here? There's much more to life then football isn't there?

Edited by leftrightout: 18/10/2008 01:10:22 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
So in your world they mean shit to you. It might be an age thing as you get older you start to question thing a lot more, afro...I'm not trying to appeal to your ego but you do come across as fairly well educated intelligent person (seriously, when your not coming up with one-liners that are reserved for stand up comedians). I'm not sure how old you are but have you ever asked yourself what the fuck is it all about and why are we here? There's much more to life then football isn't there?

You sound like you're looking for a job almost:lol: I'm 19, and I've been through enough to have questioned it all and then some. But I'm not going to talk about that. The point I was trying to make is, if the religioyus texts are not believable, what makes the conspiracy theorists believable?? They are, after all, just an opinion, the same as everybody else has. Oh, and I don't have to "come up" with the one-liners:P
random_hero
random_hero
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

religion is for weak minded people seeking direction
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

You sound like you're looking for a job almost:lol: I'm 19, and I've been through enough to have questioned it all and then some. But I'm not going to talk about that. The point I was trying to make is, if the religioyus texts are not believable, what makes the conspiracy theorists believable?? They are, after all, just an opinion, the same as everybody else has. Oh, and I don't have to "come up" with the one-liners:P

I'm not trying to disagree with you, In fact I do agree with you but I believe your the one that's being vague in just writing it off as,'we'll never know so who cares'. There are many conspiracies that I think are absolute rubbish but to go through life ignoring them because it's just a hypothesis based on some fact and some speculation is a little naive, not to say that you are a naive person I doubt that you are.

I forget which thread I'm in, religious or politics, but I cant prove %100 that Jesus didn't exist just like anyone else cant prove vice versa. But with WTC there is actual hard rock solid evidence that it was an inside job that I've seen and read for myself and you cant ignore. I'm not a stupid person.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
In fact I do agree with you but I believe your the one that's being vague in just writing it off as,'we'll never know so who cares'.

I can't say I can recall stating that.
Quote:
I forget which thread I'm in, religious or politics

Yes, there seems to be a lot of deep hypotheticla debate going on in here doesnt' there?? It's funny when the muppets come in and subit their two cents worth of "religion is for weak minded people seeking direction" and we have to give them change:lol:
Quote:
I cant prove %100 that Jesus didn't exist just like anyone else cant prove vice versa.

I'm sure one day, someone will come up with some kind of tangible evidence of atleast something. 12 months ago they were claiming that they'd found Jesus's tomb...what ever happened to that??
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Quote:
I can't say I can recall stating that.

It was more of a statement that reflects how you come across not a direct quote :p
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Well then I came across wrong. It's not that I don't care as such, more that I'm curious, but it won't have any real impact on my ideals or the way I live my life. I'm not going to go "Shit, Jesus existed...It's all true, I've got some serious repenting to do for all those sins." That's all.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

:lol:

If your a good person and treat people how you yourself expect to be treated then either way you don't have anything to worry about. I likewise think it wont have a real impact in my life if it were proven I just believe with out believing that it's gospel that the argument for Jesus not existing has more merit then him walking on water or turning water into wine, all of these things I've seen Chris Angle do.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
If your a good person and treat people how you yourself expect to be treated then either way you don't have anything to worry about.

I treat my mates really well, especially the female ones ;) But if you're an arsehole, you cop it. I dont' think there's anything wrong with my attitude and I won't be repenting for shit. Especailly that whole 'pre-marical sex' thing...when they put something more entertaining than it on tv, i'll think about it.
Quote:
I likewise think it wont have a real impact in my life if it were proven I just believe with out believing that it's gospel that the argument for Jesus not existing has more merit then him walking on water or turning water into wine, all of these things I've seen Chris Angle do.

Jesus walked on ice. I can virtually garuntee that to you:lol: And he was probably just as slight of hand as Criss Angel, thing is, Criss Angel attributes a fiar few of his stunts to god aswell](*,)
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Just a quick one then I'll finish up, did you end up watching that zeitgeist doco afro? Just curious is all.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
did you end up watching that zeitgeist doco afro? Just curious is all.

If it was anything anybody here posted. No. I have dial-up :(
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:
did you end up watching that zeitgeist doco afro? Just curious is all.

If it was anything anybody here posted. No. I have dial-up :(

and your leading the post count! wow! you must have refreshed alot of pages...:lol:

If you can get it through a friend on DVD, part 1 covers religion, part 2 covers our financial system (more so the US), and part 3 covers the 911, it's pretty long but very interesting.

I had an New Yorker come into my shop about a week ago and we got into a big conversation about all this and he said most of the coastal Americans aren't stupid, its the Bible belt through the middle that's screwing up their country.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend

Group: Banned Members
Moderator with dial up? Geez. Maybe FFT should dip into the kitty and help a mate out. Then again maybe they shouldnt.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

Get over it hrrmkay, you'll never be a mod. your Illuminate...remember?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search