Hammarby thread.

Hammarby thread.

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
3–1 win tonight over Landskrona. They scored after 21 seconds.
3 points is 3 points
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Highlights from Sundays game
http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/superettan/tv-hammarby-vande-mardromsstart-till-seger-hammarby-upp-i-serieledning/
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Erkan selected in the starting line up for Sweden after his good performance last game

[youtube]9hDn71gHWAw[/youtube]

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Match day, on my way to pub.
There is some seriously dodgy shit going on in this league.
If we don't win tonight I think there may be flares on the pitch
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

4-2 win
After losing 1-0 halftime lead to 1-2 after 50 mins. Don't need this drama in my life.
2 wins away from advancement
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Highlights from match
http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/?vid=2996224&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=permalink&utm_campaign=tv4play.se

Kennedy's free kick goal
http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/2996165/mal-kennedy-knorrar-in-3-2/

Highlights of Kennedy's free kick goals at Hammarby
http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/?vid=2995537&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=permalink&utm_campaign=tv4play.se

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Atletico Madrid 5 Malmö 0
We like this

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Ljungskile drew tonight meaning unfortunate Sundays game against GAIS will not result in promotion upon winning.
This does however mean we only need 4 points from the last 2 games.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Hata GAIS
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

0-0 against GAIS
Disappointing , but still 1 point.
5 years I've been waiting for next Sundays match.
3 points against Jönköping and Hammarby play in Allsvenskan 2015.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Good job by the fans yesterday.
4500 fans travelled about 500km for the second division game.
Our last home game has been sold out for several weeks so we will have over 30000

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

GAIS fans
"We want a living and burning stand culture"

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Ultras update

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/2905-gais-hammarby-26102014.html
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Starting to freak out now. Last match of the season on Sunday. 3 points or a loss for Ljunskile and we go up.
5 years I've been waiting for this game.

The worst we can finish is 3rd. In Sweden the top 2 teams go up, 2 bottom come down and the 3rd plays the 3rd bottom over a 2 legged playoff. I can't handle a playoff it will be too stressful.
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

scott21 and Draupnir

you both live in Stockholm? That's so cool. How long have you guys been there? Are you Aussies residing in Sweden or Swedes who have lived in Australia?

I was in Stockholm just over a month ago and I absolutely loved it. But I really regret not researching more about Swedish football before I went. You see there was a big match in which Hammarby played at home. The atmosphere in Stockholm and around the stadium looked terrific. But in my ignorance, the first I learnt about it was seeing all these fans in green and white scarves around Stockholm. And I was only in Stockholm for six nights.

I could definitely see myself living in Sweden. I was also a massive fan of Göteborg. It's the European city which most reminds me of Melbourne (not that I've seen all that much of Europe). I'm not sure whether I prefer Stockholm or Göteborg.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

quickflick wrote:
scott21 and Draupnir

you both live in Stockholm? That's so cool. How long have you guys been there? Are you Aussies residing in Sweden or Swedes who have lived in Australia?

I was in Stockholm just over a month ago and I absolutely loved it. But I really regret not researching more about Swedish football before I went. You see there was a big match in which Hammarby played at home. The atmosphere in Stockholm and around the stadium looked terrific. But in my ignorance, the first I learnt about it was seeing all these fans in green and white scarves around Stockholm. And I was only in Stockholm for six nights.

I could definitely see myself living in Sweden. I was also a massive fan of Göteborg. It's the European city which most reminds me of Melbourne (not that I've seen all that much of Europe). I'm not sure whether I prefer Stockholm or Göteborg.

I prefer Stockholm.
Did it remind you of Melbourne because they have trams.

I am Australian living in Stockholm for 13 years. I came here when I was 22 and stayed. I had no prior connection (ancestral) to Sweden.

Gothenburg is a wet cold place and everybody is a fisherman and they are all called Glen

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

scott21 wrote:
quickflick wrote:
scott21 and Draupnir

I prefer Stockholm.

I am Australian living in Stockholm for 13 years. I came here when I was 22 and stayed. I had no prior connection (ancestral) to Sweden.

Gothenburg is a wet cold place and everybody is a fisherman and they are all called Glen

Nej, Göteborg är bäst!! Just kidding, I don't know either of them well enough to have a real preference. I can't explain why Göteborg reminded me of Melbourne. The trams probably did influence it, as did the cold, wet weather. But there's something about the atmosphere of Göteborg , the cultural element, the friendliness of people, probably the upper-middle-class element of it which I saw (granted, I saw it through privileged, touristy perspective) that just kind of gave me that vibe. I'm not the first person to say that either. Not saying Stockholm doesn't have those things, mind you. It was just a feeling I got about Göteborg.

I love the Stockholm-Göteborg rivalry. I worked with a lot of Scandis in Cyprus over your summer. They're always digging into each other about that rivalry. When I told this hairdresser that I was flying to Stockholm, she just laughed derisively and said it doesn't count as Sweden. Apparently she interrogates anybody from Stockholm lol.

Did you find it easy to stay in Sweden in terms of visa and stuff like that? I don't have a European passport (I curse the British Govt for not allowing grandchildren of British migrants to have British passports at birth). But I'd love to live in Sweden one day.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

quickflick wrote:
scott21 wrote:
quickflick wrote:
scott21 and Draupnir

I prefer Stockholm.

Nej, Göteborg är bäst!! Just kidding, I don't know either of them well enough to have a real preference. I can't explain why Göteborg reminded me of Melbourne. The trams probably did influence it, as did the cold, wet weather. But there's something about the atmosphere of Göteborg , the cultural element, the friendliness of people, probably the upper-middle-class element of it which I saw (granted, I saw it through privileged, touristy perspective) that just kind of gave me that vibe. I'm not the first person to say that either. Not saying Stockholm doesn't have those things, mind you. It was just a feeling I got about Göteborg.

I love the Stockholm-Göteborg rivalry. I worked with a lot of Scandis in Cyprus over your summer. They're always digging into each other about that rivalry. When I told this hairdresser that I was flying to Stockholm, she just laughed derisively and said it doesn't count as Sweden. Apparently she interrogates anybody from Stockholm lol.

Did you find it easy to stay in Sweden in terms of visa and stuff like that? I don't have a European passport (I curse the British Govt for not allowing grandchildren of British migrants to have British passports at birth). But I'd love to live in Sweden one day.

The reality is those farmers think Stockholm is full of snobs. When in fact it's the farmers coming to Stockholm who have money and aren't very social. Alot more people in Gothenburg at better off than here. Except we don't have the same crime as them. With the motor cycle gangs and such.

Ifks biggest rival are aik. I hate Malmö more but it's pretty close.
I find that Gothenberg people are hillbillies and insecure. :lol:

I don't have an eu passport. If you are under 30 and Australian you can get a 1 year work visa.
A condition of the visa is that you can't be in the country when you apply for a new visa.
Sweden has strong sambo (de facto) laws so they see it like marriage.
I applied as a partner for a second visa. Had to wait 8 months outside Sweden. Then that visa was 6 months, then 1 year, then 2 years, then permanent.
If you live in a place for a year you should know if you want to return. If you don't have a partner you could always get a friend to go with you to immigration=d>

Edited by scott21: 31/10/2014 11:56:06 PM
quickflick
quickflick
World Class

scott21 wrote:

The reality is those farmers think Stockholm is full of snobs. When in fact it's the farmers coming to Stockholm who have money and aren't very social. Alot more people in Gothenburg at better off than here. Except we don't have the same crime as them. With the motor cycle gangs and such.

Ifks biggest rival are aik. I hate Malmö more but it's pretty close.
I find that Gothenberg people are hillbillies and insecure. :lol:

I don't have an eu passport. If you are under 30 and Australian you can get a 1 year work visa.
A condition of the visa is that you can't be in the country when you apply for a new visa.
Sweden has strong sambo (de facto) laws so they see it like marriage.
I applied as a partner for a second visa. Had to wait 8 months outside Sweden. Then that visa was 6 months, then 1 year, then 2 years, then permanent.
If you live in a place for a year you should know if you want to return. If you don't have a partner you could always get a friend to go with you to immigration=d>

Edited by scott21: 31/10/2014 11:56:06 PM

Yeah I've met quite of a lot of people from Stockholm who were absolutely fantastic. Whether that hairdresser believes what she says or is just taking the piss or both, it didn't ring true. I mean for instance my distant relatives who live in Stockholm, whom I had never met before, insisted that I stay with them as soon as they knew I was coming to their city. Basically my experience with folks from Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö, etc. is that they were pretty much all fantastic. In Cyprus I worked with lots of Brits. Some were great, some are some of my best mates now. But I found I just gelled so well the Swedes so well. Lots of other Aussies I know have a deep affinity for, a sort of connection with, Canada, some have that affinity for the UK, some for Germany, for me it's Sweden.

Thanks for the advice about immigration. Gotta get myself a nice Swedish girlfriend first, haha. Actually I think I've found one I like. Whether she fancies me, I'm not so sure, though. You never know.

I think the other obstacle to my living there would be that career-wise, the course I'm doing isn't really conducive to working in non-Commonwealth countries. I'm doing my BA at the moment. And I think (but I'm not absolutely sure) that I want to do postgrad law after. I've always wanted to be a barrister. I don't really see how Australian law is compatible with Swedish law. Maybe it's possible to do some form of law-related work in Sweden. I don't know.

But what I am tempted to do is to take a gap year, once I finish this degree and before I start my next degree. I might do that gap year thing you mentioned. That would be pretty sick. If I can be reasonably confident that delaying doing law by a year won't hurt my job prospects unduly, then I'll be all over that. And just go with the flow for a bit.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

I'd say finish all your studies first, it gives you better options without the stress. Then perhaps you could get a job in Sweden with export import law I don't know. There are many companies that have English as an official language. It is tough out in the world.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

24 hrs until kick off

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Match day
Ticket check
Anxiety check
Henri Lloyd bomber jacket check
Reebok sneakers check
Cash in pocket in case stuff happens at the pub and I can't be traced check :d
Waiting 1 hr until the pub opens check

Edited by scott21: 3/11/2014 07:07:09 AM
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

5-0 enough said:d

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Hammarby Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=165865959828

Hammarby Foto

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=238286116573

Bajenland

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=202841686397607

Sudra

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=431603403537308

Bajen Fans

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=202669133091578

Edited by scott21: 3/11/2014 07:15:00 AM
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Ultras Tifo Hammarby v Jönköping

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/2922-hammarby-joenkoepings-soedra-02112014.html

Edited by scott21: 3/11/2014 09:09:16 PM
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

[size=9]WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!![/size]
Highlights from this season

Vi ses 2015

[youtube]aO-fhxIhi5A[/youtube]

Edited by scott21: 11/11/2014 07:06:51 PM
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Back where they belong. They are too big for the Supretten. Assyriska just survived ☺ can we have Barkioglu back haha.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

robstazzz wrote:
Back where they belong. They are too big for the Supretten. Assyriska just survived ☺ can we have Barkioglu back haha.

Are u Assyrian?
No Kennedy is a Bajare.
You can have Haddad back.
We're keeping Batan and Besara for now too.

Edited by scott21: 12/11/2014 09:43:16 PM
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Yeh Assyrian background born in Australia. I've never been to Sweden but I do follow the football there as much as I can.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search