Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Unless A League becomes less plastic, I'm out!

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Shame to lose a real authentic Everton supporter, who obviously grew up in Merseyside supporting the local club of his boyhood, who is such the real deal he refuses to buy Everton strips as now it's just a big commercial money making exercise aimed at people in places with no real connection to the club

you could've taught us so much...
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:

I don't discriminate against countries nor exlude others from competition.

It took me 12 years to attend an A League game, and boy, what a mistake that was.

I went looking for my Ithaca and found a plastic factory! :lol:

From 1st May, 2016

Aikhme wrote:
Fantastic day at the Football. Crowd was 50,119.

The atmosphere was electric but both sides couldn't play their attractive football because of the surface I gather.

Adelaide well and truly dominated most of the game but WSW gave it a good shake after they scored their goal to make it 2-1.

This was a great spectacle for a League Football, and a great endorsement for the game. It gives our code and AUFC great momentum

Lock and ban.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
tsf wrote:
Shame to lose a real authentic Everton supporter, who obviously grew up in Merseyside supporting the local club of his boyhood, who is such the real deal he refuses to buy Everton strips as now it's just a big commercial money making exercise aimed at people in places with no real connection to the club

I got 3 Everton strips.

And I have been to more Everton Games than plastic AUFC. :cool:

I go every year btw!And I go for free. :cool:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

The Maco wrote:
lock+ban+purge the forum

Shame so many people want to silence points of view they don't like!

So plastic and salty! :lol:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

It took me 12 years to attend an A League game, and boy, what a mistake that was.

From 1st May, 2016

Aikhme wrote:

The atmosphere was electric but both sides couldn't play their attractive football because of the surface I gather.

Adelaide well and truly dominated most of the game but WSW gave it a good shake after they scored their goal to make it 2-1.

This was a great spectacle for a League Football, and a great endorsement for the game. It gives our code and AUFC great momentum

Lock and ban.

People make mistakes. It was a great day, but also very plastic!
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

So what exactly is so plastic about the A-League?

Assuming from a few comments about "merit" that you'd like promotion and relegation. Fair enough, but this is an economic sustainability reason, nothing to do with being plastic. How many seasons did the NSL have promotion and relegation?? (Believe most the time it happened during the NSL era due to financial constraints / admin more so than merits, I think this is what the FFA are trying to avoid ... hence for the recent consolidation of the league instead of rapid expansion).

The club's logo was another I think you mentioned as plastic ... well considering the age of the competition it would be expected most have fairly modern logos (slowly teams have been changing this over time, e.g. Roar, Melbourne City). Hardly a reason to support or not support a team though.
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

tsf wrote:

I think both his parents are from there

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

sokorny wrote:

Assuming from a few comments about "merit" that you'd like promotion and relegation. Fair enough, but this is an economic sustainability reason, nothing to do with being plastic. How many seasons did the NSL have promotion and relegation?? (Believe most the time it happened during the NSL era due to financial constraints / admin more so than merits, I think this is what the FFA are trying to avoid ... hence for the recent consolidation of the league instead of rapid expansion).

The club's logo was another I think you mentioned as plastic ... well considering the age of the competition it would be expected most have fairly modern logos (slowly teams have been changing this over time, e.g. Roar, Melbourne City). Hardly a reason to support or not support a team though.

Yes to promotion and relogation. That would be a good start.

Something about 10 team leagues too.

Oh, and I think clubs like SMFC have their right of place. West Adelaide and Adelaide City too and others.

Many things can be don't to reduce the amount of plastic! :lol:

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 01:03:42 PM
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

View from the fence wrote:
tsf wrote:

Cousin use to play for the club! :cool:
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I thought this day would never come!

Thank you Aikhme, you can start posting on your main account again <3
Redcarded
Redcarded
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

On your way then. Seriously don't understand why you would think anyone would care or be 'upset'? If you can only support football if it waves the flag of where your ancestors used to live then you really can't be much of a football supporter
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

West Adelaide Soccer Club. Soccer to me is as plastic as it gets. If I were you I'd ditch West Adelaide before Adelaide United :d
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Oh, and I think clubs like SMFC have their right of place.

How does that stop you supporting Adelaide United though?

Why do SMFC have a "right"?? Souths have won the Vic NPL twice since 2004 (start of the A-League). They aren't exactly banging on the door from a merit based POV.

Sure it would be great to have more teams in the comp but due to economic stability and the popularity of the sport in Australia (and the size of the nation) it isn't feasible atm. Shouldn't therefore your impetus be to support the single team representing your area?? If Adelaide were getting sell outs each week, had a huge supporter base etc. etc. wouldn't this be the best way to highlight the credentials of Adelaide to support a second team??
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Redcarded wrote:
On your way then. Seriously don't understand why you would think anyone would care or be 'upset'? If you can only support football if it waves the flag of where your ancestors used to live then you really can't be much of a football supporter

Don't particularly care to be honest.

I am just trying to help you be less plastic!
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

robstazzz wrote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club. Soccer to me is as plastic as it gets. If I were you I'd ditch West Adelaide before Adelaide United :d

The West Adelaide and Adelaide City merger will address this small aspect of leftover egg ball plastcness in due course! :d
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

sokorny wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Why do SMFC have a "right"?? Souths have won the Vic NPL twice since 2004 (start of the A-League). They aren't exactly banging on the door from a merit based POV.

Sure it would be great to have more teams in the comp but due to economic stability and the popularity of the sport in Australia (and the size of the nation) it isn't feasible atm. Shouldn't therefore your impetus be to support the single team representing your area?? If Adelaide were getting sell outs each week, had a huge supporter base etc. etc. wouldn't this be the best way to highlight the credentials of Adelaide to support a second team??

It is not my team. It's too plastic,

I support West Adelaide in the NPL.

And yes, SMFC has a greater birthright than any club in Australia!
tsf
tsf
Legend

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:

Which one - mum or dad?
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Yes you've said they are plastic, but I am asking why?
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:

Which one - mum or dad?

Cousin re. You should read the club's history and perhaps make the connection to the other big non plastic club I support. :cool:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

sokorny wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Yes you've said they are plastic, but I am asking why?

No A League is plastic with only ten teams. How plastic?

Plus I got a signed shirt which I have framed and hung in my Billiards room. :cool:

Edited by Aikhme: 22/6/2016 01:30:37 PM
Someguy
Someguy
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
12 years of not attending a game because of the plasticness which continues till this day!

Benefit of the doubt gone, you're such a plastic that you don't even know that the first A-league match was in August 2005, not 12 years ago yet.

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

From 1st May, 2016

Aikhme wrote:

Lock and ban.

Wowzers!

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:

I got 3 Everton strips.

Wouldn't call Mommy and Daddy paying "free".

tsf wrote:

The amazing part is a parent from Cyprus, a parent from Liverpool and a parent from Rome.

Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Oh, and I think clubs like SMFC have their right of place. West Adelaide and Adelaide City too and others.

Why do plastics have things against small leagues?

Aikhme wrote:
robstazzz wrote:

The West Adelaide and Adelaide City merger will address this small aspect of leftover egg ball plastcness in due course! :d

I've been trying to brush over this because I'm sure it's just satire, but really... how does the merger of the traditional Greek and Italian clubs of the city reduce their plasticness. I'd say that traditional rivals merging would be the very essence of plastic.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Aikhme wrote:

What, like the SPL with 12 clubs including Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen?

Or how about the Swiss Super League with only 10 teams? With Young Boys, Bern, Basel and Grasshopper?

Like the Bulgarian league with 10 teams? Including Plovdiv, Levski Sofia and CSKA Sofia?

Or the I-League with 9 teams, including Mohun Bagan?

How about Ligat HaAl with 8 teams including Maccabi haifa and Hapoel Tel Aviv?

Go away.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
SWandP wrote:
I hope you realise that 442 forums is plastic and that you should feel encouraged to extend your noble gesture of boycotting all that is plastic.

I fully support you in your lifelong endeavour.

No 442 forum is fine, and I enjoy being here.

It's interesting, to say the least...

I too support you!!!! If only Greece qualified for Euros, so you could watch some football, no A-League, no Greece, must be lonely place. I feel for you.

No I watch the Euros. That's not plastic.

Doesn't matter if Greece didn't qualify. Maybe they will qualify next time. They aren't exactly excluded from the competition. It's merit based.

Love the European Cup.

The NPL, European Cup and EPL is my Football fix.

NPL is front of 500 people, I follow Manly United. Enjoy EPL on Optus, European cup, wow, that's going back in time, you'd have to break out the videos.
spfc
spfc
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

does npl stand for non plastic leagues
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Posting in Aikhme shittheadzzzzz

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:

Which one - mum or dad?

Cousin re. You should read the club's history and perhaps make the connection to the other big non plastic club I support. :cool:

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
robbos wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
SWandP wrote:
I hope you realise that 442 forums is plastic and that you should feel encouraged to extend your noble gesture of boycotting all that is plastic.

I fully support you in your lifelong endeavour.

No 442 forum is fine, and I enjoy being here.

It's interesting, to say the least...

I too support you!!!! If only Greece qualified for Euros, so you could watch some football, no A-League, no Greece, must be lonely place. I feel for you.

No I watch the Euros. That's not plastic.

Doesn't matter if Greece didn't qualify. Maybe they will qualify next time. They aren't exactly excluded from the competition. It's merit based.

Love the European Cup.

The NPL, European Cup and EPL is my Football fix.

NPL is front of 500 people, I follow Manly United. Enjoy EPL on Optus, European cup, wow, that's going back in time, you'd have to break out the videos.

You can't compare NPL crowds to A League. Apples and lemons.

But at least its not plastic and is the grassroots.
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

spfc wrote:
does npl stand for non plastic leagues

Good one! I like that! :lol:
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Draupnir wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

What, like the SPL with 12 clubs including Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen?

Or how about the Swiss Super League with only 10 teams? With Young Boys, Bern, Basel and Grasshopper?

Like the Bulgarian league with 10 teams? Including Plovdiv, Levski Sofia and CSKA Sofia?

Or the I-League with 9 teams, including Mohun Bagan?

How about Ligat HaAl with 8 teams including Maccabi haifa and Hapoel Tel Aviv?

Go away.

Oh so you definately are scraping the bottom of the barrel by making that comparison. #-o

So plastic!
Aikhme
Aikhme
Pro

Someguy wrote:
Aikhme wrote:
12 years of not attending a game because of the plasticness which continues till this day!

Benefit of the doubt gone, you're such a plastic that you don't even know that the first A-league match was in August 2005, not 12 years ago yet.

sydneyfc1987 wrote:
Aikhme wrote:

From 1st May, 2016

Aikhme wrote:

Lock and ban.

Wowzers!

Aikhme wrote:
tsf wrote:

I got 3 Everton strips.

Wouldn't call Mommy and Daddy paying "free".

tsf wrote:

The amazing part is a parent from Cyprus, a parent from Liverpool and a parent from Rome.

Aikhme wrote:
sokorny wrote:

Why do plastics have things against small leagues?

Aikhme wrote:
robstazzz wrote:

I've been trying to brush over this because I'm sure it's just satire, but really... how does the merger of the traditional Greek and Italian clubs of the city reduce their plasticness. I'd say that traditional rivals merging would be the very essence of plastic.

What, are yous saying no Greek Players have ever played for Everton.

What a plastic outlook! :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search