Australian News/Events Thread

Australian News/Events Thread

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mcjules - 24 Aug 2017 7:06 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 24 Aug 2017 1:37 PM

For the church of Sweden, the state religion. Pretty different scenario.

Like he said, dont be naive.

I dont think it matters if it is state or not. 

What happens after this happens? Go for the other churches....

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

If people don't wanna marry others that's fine, all the more market share for those that choose too.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/nbn-complaints-to-tio-surge-in-last-financial-year/9058336?section=technology

It would be interesting to know how many of these complainers voted for the Coalition and their modified NBN plan. I don't like any particular party, but when the solution to improving our internet infrastructure is to cut costs by reducing the quality of the product being installed can we really be surprised with the number of issues with the service it then provides??

Our NBN at home is slower than the ADLS 2 we use to have. I have notified our service provider but unfortunately they've said it is what it is ...
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

sokorny - 18 Oct 2017 11:48 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/nbn-complaints-to-tio-surge-in-last-financial-year/9058336?section=technology

It would be interesting to know how many of these complainers voted for the Coalition and their modified NBN plan. I don't like any particular party, but when the solution to improving our internet infrastructure is to cut costs by reducing the quality of the product being installed can we really be surprised with the number of issues with the service it then provides??

Our NBN at home is slower than the ADLS 2 we use to have. I have notified our service provider but unfortunately they've said it is what it is ...

I literally voted in small tech based parties. 

Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

sokorny - 18 Oct 2017 11:48 AM

It's what happens when elections are based off a fear of brown people rather than actual policies.
Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Interesting to see the allegations hitting the newspaper, these stories have been floating around northern Sydney for 25 years, same as they did about Robert Hughes.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Aljay
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

Aljay - 27 Nov 2017 8:01 AM
Interesting to see the allegations hitting the newspaper, these stories have been floating around northern Sydney for 25 years, same as they did about Robert Hughes.

Assuming you are talking about Don Burke??

I can't imagine the "victims" would have much to gain from speaking out now other than justice / truth. But every man deserves their presumption of not guilty.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

Is it a bit of a media beat up all this issue regarding Triple J changing the date of the Hottest 100?? I know I was amazed that it was labelled as "breaking news" on the ABC website when it happened (but they are an ABC service so I could understand).

But for the Communications Minister to get involved ... I can't imagine he has listened to the radio station for some 20 plus years.

For me I don't really care, it sounds like Triple J asked their audience and they responded. Most radio stations programs are determined by the listeners, so don't really see the problem. I personally don't listen to Triple J (although I will listen to some of their interview podcasts) and haven't done for over 10 years ... they sort of lose their relevance after your early 20's. Which is fine because their target audience is for the younger generations. The scheduling for Australia Day is now going to focus on Australian music (inc. indigenous artists), crosses to the Australian of the Year awards, and other features relating to the history (and future) of Australia.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

sokorny - 29 Nov 2017 4:42 PM
Is it a bit of a media beat up all this issue regarding Triple J changing the date of the Hottest 100?? I know I was amazed that it was labelled as "breaking news" on the ABC website when it happened (but they are an ABC service so I could understand).

But for the Communications Minister to get involved ... I can't imagine he has listened to the radio station for some 20 plus years.

For me I don't really care, it sounds like Triple J asked their audience and they responded. Most radio stations programs are determined by the listeners, so don't really see the problem. I personally don't listen to Triple J (although I will listen to some of their interview podcasts) and haven't done for over 10 years ... they sort of lose their relevance after your early 20's. Which is fine because their target audience is for the younger generations. The scheduling for Australia Day is now going to focus on Australian music (inc. indigenous artists), crosses to the Australian of the Year awards, and other features relating to the history (and future) of Australia.

Triple J are wankers and I'll tell you why. They want Australia Day moved from Jan 26 BUT according to the ABC charter they have to be apolitical so as a way around this they've moved the hottest 100 instead.  The same way those councils in Victoria have said they won't perform citizenship ceremonies on Jan 26.  (As a stance against Jan 26 as Australia Day.)

What they really should be doing is lobbying for Australia Day to be moved BUT they can't. So they've come up with this abortion of a stance to assuage their little lefty whinging SJW's.

Personally I think that Australia Day should be moved. (And as a bonus it would shut that fat fuck Briggs up).

And I say all of this as a 30 year rabid Triple J listener and supporter.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

And Dastiyari is a traitorous, treasonous dog who needs to go now.

Fucking idiot.

Member since 2008.

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Nov 2017 6:15 PM

Fucking idiot.

But...but...he's witty, approachable and makes funny jokes! He's for SSM, there's no way he's morally questionable!

Seriously though he should resign, taking payments from and supporting the policy of communist totalitarians is unforgivable, especially for a public servant 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Nov 2017 5:14 PM

Triple J are wankers and I'll tell you why. They want Australia Day moved from Jan 26 BUT according to the ABC charter they have to be apolitical so as a way around this they've moved the hottest 100 instead.  The same way those councils in Victoria have said they won't perform citizenship ceremonies on Jan 26.  (As a stance against Jan 26 as Australia Day.)

What they really should be doing is lobbying for Australia Day to be moved BUT they can't. So they've come up with this abortion of a stance to assuage their little lefty whinging SJW's.

Personally I think that Australia Day should be moved. (And as a bonus it would shut that fat fuck Briggs up).

Pretty sure noone cared  when the hottest 100 wasnt done on jan 26. It used to be in march and or april. You sound like a dude i know who complained that jan 26 should  stay  aussie day as its sons birthday. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 29 Nov 2017 7:41 PM

Pretty sure noone cared  when the hottest 100 wasnt done on jan 26. It used to be in march and or april. You sound like a dude i know who complained that jan 26 should  stay  aussie day as its sons birthday. 

You've completely misrepresented what I've said. 

Read what I wrote again.

Member since 2008.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 29 Nov 2017 6:15 PM

Fucking idiot.

*In my best snowflake voice* "but sir this is just a LNP beat up to have a go at brown people representing Australians and in any case the LNP is worse so lets just ignore this treasonous behavior".

Go on ABC news FB and look at comments to some of these articles haha

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Pell is going to trial!

-PB

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 1 May 2018 11:59 AM
Pell is going to trial!

-PB

Where is old mate who used to defend this terrible man? The guy that believed the Orthodox church was basically infallible.....

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

BETHFC - 1 May 2018 12:43 PM

Where is old mate who used to defend this terrible man? The guy that believed the Orthodox church was basically infallible.....

He'll tell you it's just a show trial.

And he may be right

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

BETHFC - 1 May 2018 12:43 PM

Where is old mate who used to defend this terrible man? 

On Sky News, with his show "The Bolt Report".

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Are VicPol the dodgiest police force in the country or what?

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Is there something in the water in WA? :/

Shocking sad stuff.

-PB

sokorny
sokorny
Pro

paulbagzFC - 11 Sep 2018 10:52 AM

Shocking sad stuff.

-PB

Not that I am aware of (not even fluoride in the water where I live). The three major family murders have been on fairly different social scales too (rural, northern suburb, inner city suburb) ...

Mental health services in WA have been heavily criticised for a few election campaigns now, perhaps this is an accumulation of government ignoring mental health issues in the state???
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

paulbagzFC - 11 Sep 2018 10:52 AM

Shocking sad stuff.

-PB

Love seeing the comments blaming cops for this.... people are seriously misguided. 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Seeing that the guy handed himself in, there might be some form of a statement from him at some point.

Not that it matters, nothing justifies what he did, just need some understanding as to how people get to this point, fucking insanity.

-PB

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Just scrolling down and saw this post.

Have you seen this video? If not- enjoy:

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Muz
Muz
Legend

Captain Haddock - 12 Sep 2018 3:26 PM

Just scrolling down and saw this post.

Have you seen this video? If not- enjoy:

Brilliant. Thanks for posting.  The Kendrick Lamar stuff was bang on.

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Geez, who'd wanna buy a high rise apartment in Sydney atm lol

-PB

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

50-60k surplus soon...
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 17 Jun 2019 9:30 AM
Geez, who'd wanna buy a high rise apartment in Sydney atm lol

-PB

Million dollar unliveable dog boxes.  
Muz
Muz
Legend

At the risk of bringing Mr Religion into the forum again Victoria becomes the first state to legally allow euthanasia.

Well done to them.

Sensible, compassionate, progressive, smart and not before time.

Member since 2008.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 17 Jun 2019 1:11 PM
At the risk of bringing Mr Religion into the forum again Victoria becomes the first state to legally allow euthanasia.

Well done to them.

Sensible, compassionate, progressive, smart and not before time.

Didn't the Northern Territory do that years ago but was overturned?  
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search