Australian News/Events Thread

Australian News/Events Thread

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ErogenousZone - 17 Jun 2019 1:40 PM
Munrubenmuz - 17 Jun 2019 1:11 PM

Didn't the Northern Territory do that years ago but was overturned?  

Yup, decades ago, Fed Gumnut said yeah nah bro.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
paulbagzFC - 17 Jun 2019 1:53 PM
ErogenousZone - 17 Jun 2019 1:40 PM

Yup, decades ago, Fed Gumnut said yeah nah bro.

-PB

Yeah, that's the difference in rights between states and territories, like when ACT legalised marriage equality for five minutes.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

At the risk of bringing Mr Religion into the forum again Victoria becomes the first state to legally allow euthanasia.

Well done to them.

Sensible, compassionate, progressive, smart and not before time.

State sanctioned murder...

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 17 Jun 2019 6:29 PM

State sanctioned murder...

Yep, deal with it.

-PB

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 17 Jun 2019 9:41 PM
mouflonrouge - 17 Jun 2019 6:29 PM

Yep, deal with it.

-PB

I don't need to!

You need to deal with it, when the pull the plug.

I won't be dieing here.

Edited
5 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mouflonrouge - 17 Jun 2019 10:00 PM
paulbagzFC - 17 Jun 2019 9:41 PM

I don't need to!

You need to deal with it, when the pull the plug.

I won't be dieing here.

You're immortal?

If/when they pull the plug will be on my terms (should I be terminal).

-PB

sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

At the risk of bringing Mr Religion into the forum again Victoria becomes the first state to legally allow euthanasia.

Well done to them.

Sensible, compassionate, progressive, smart and not before time.

Well done Victoria.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

paulbagzFC - 18 Jun 2019 1:56 PM
mouflonrouge - 17 Jun 2019 10:00 PM

You're immortal?

If/when they pull the plug will be on my terms (should I be terminal).

-PB

No silly, I'm not immortal.

I just plan to grow old in a country that doesn't have such regressive laws and where abortion and euthanasia is illegal.

This slippery slope you will need to contend with.

Edited
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mouflonrouge - 18 Jun 2019 5:54 PM

I just plan to grow old in a country that doesn't have such regressive laws and where abortion and euthanasia is illegal.

I've contended with it, just now, done.

Next.

-PB

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Personally, I’d like to die on my own terms if possible. And with these laws, if I were to go in this manner, I won’t have to worry about my family facing criminal prosecution.
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

paulbagzFC - 18 Jun 2019 6:49 PM

I've contended with it, just now, done.

Next.

-PB

That's really good! You won't have a choice when they come to pull the plug.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Burztur - 18 Jun 2019 6:59 PM

Personally, I’d like to die on my own terms if possible. And with these laws, if I were to go in this manner, I won’t have to worry about my family facing criminal prosecution.

That's selfish.

You dieing on YOUR terms also means that the laws will be abused and some others die on other people's terms.

Edited
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I know the facts really don't matter at all you to Aikhme, but in any case.

> Voluntary assisted dying will be available only to Victorians who are over the age of 18. The patient must be capable of making sound decisions, give informed consent and communicate their decision.
> They must be diagnosed with an incurable disease or a condition that causes intolerable, unrelieved suffering, and must be expected to live for fewer than six months – or no more than 12 months, for those with a neurodegenerative diagnosis.
> The person choosing to end their life must be the one to make the decision to access the laws and it cannot be made by anyone else on their behalf.
> This conversation must be initiated by the patient and no one else. The doctor cannot raise the issue of assisted dying with a patient. Doctors who suggest the assisted dying scheme to patients face a professional misconduct investigation.

So no, no one is going to be able to "pull the plug" as family members literally have zero power in this decision.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

433 - 18 Jun 2019 9:13 PM

> Voluntary assisted dying will be available only to Victorians who are over the age of 18. The patient must be capable of making sound decisions, give informed consent and communicate their decision.
> They must be diagnosed with an incurable disease or a condition that causes intolerable, unrelieved suffering, and must be expected to live for fewer than six months – or no more than 12 months, for those with a neurodegenerative diagnosis.
> The person choosing to end their life must be the one to make the decision to access the laws and it cannot be made by anyone else on their behalf.
> This conversation must be initiated by the patient and no one else. The doctor cannot raise the issue of assisted dying with a patient. Doctors who suggest the assisted dying scheme to patients face a professional misconduct investigation.

So no, no one is going to be able to "pull the plug" as family members literally have zero power in this decision.

Goalpost move incoming....

Member since 2008.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

Oh sure, as if the system hasn't been abused before.

https://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/02/doctor-killed-300-patients-in-euthanasia-to-free-up-hospital-beds/

http://www.patientsrightscouncil.org/site/holland-background/

• 1,040 people (an average of 3 per day) died from involuntary euthanasia, meaning that doctors actively killed these patients without the patients’ knowledge or consent.(9)
    • 14% of these patients were fully competent. (10)
    • 72% had never given any indication that they would want their lives terminated. (11)
    • In 8% of the cases, doctors performed involuntary euthanasia despite the fact that they believed alternative options were still possible. (12)
  • In addition, 8,100 patients died as a result of doctors deliberately giving them overdoses of pain medication, not for the primary purpose of controlling pain, but to hasten the patient’s death. (13) In 61% of these cases (4,941 patients), the intentional overdose was given without the patient’s consent.(14)
  • According to the Remmelink Report, Dutch physicians deliberately and intentionally ended the lives of 11,840 people by lethal overdoses or injections–a figure which accounts for 9.1% of the annual overall death rate of 130,000 per year. The majority of all euthanasia deaths in Holland are involuntary deaths.

• Edited
    paulbagzFC
    paulbagzFC
    Legend

Didn't realise we were living in Holland.

-PB

World Class
    World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Guess you missed the bit where the law requires the patients explicit informed consent.

Besides, the Dutch system is very different to ours. They have euthanasia (physician administers a fatal dose of a  drug to the patient) and assisted suicide (physician supplies the lethal drug but the patient administers it). We only have assisted suicide, where a patient is given a drug and they drink it - there's no way for a doctor to "kill" a patient in our system unless they literally force the drug down their throat. 
    Edited
    5 Years Ago by 433
    Burztur
    Burztur
    World Class
    World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 18 Jun 2019 8:49 PM
    Burztur - 18 Jun 2019 6:59 PM

That's selfish.

You dieing on YOUR terms also means that the laws will be abused and some others die on other people's terms.

That's not selfish, that's just finding comfort in the fact that law agrees with my point of view. Ah well. Guess the laws of this country are no longer compatible with your values. Enjoy emigrating to another country.
    Muz
    Muz
    Legend
    Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Burztur - 19 Jun 2019 1:40 AM

That's not selfish, that's just finding comfort in the fact that law agrees with my point of view. Ah well. Guess the laws of this country are no longer compatible with your values. Enjoy emigrating to another country.

Could not give a rat's arse what some religious nutcase thinks about these laws.

I want to go on my own terms not sitting in some nursing home, staring at a wall, surrounded by dementia addled patients, getting my arse wiped because I can't even walk to the toilet and rolled over everyday so I don't get bedsores.

When I've had enough take me down to the beach or a spot with a nice view so I can crack a stubby say my goodbyes surrounded by family and friends and shuffle off as the sun goes down.

That's the way to go.

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/hospitals-and-health-services/patient-care/end-of-life-care/voluntary-assisted-dying

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/catholic-church-restates-staunch-opposition-to-voluntary-assisted-dying-laws-20190618-p51yt4.html

With 68 safeguards, the bill has been described as the most conservative in the world. A Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board has been established to review each case.

Member since 2008.

LFC.
    LFC.
    Legend
    Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 19 Jun 2019 9:40 AM

Could not give a rat's arse what some religious nutcase thinks about these laws.

I want to go on my own terms not sitting in some nursing home, staring at a wall, surrounded by dementia addled patients, getting my arse wiped because I can't even walk to the toilet and rolled over everyday so I don't get bedsores.

When I've had enough take me down to the beach or a spot with a nice view so I can crack a stubby say my goodbyes surrounded by family and friends and shuffle off as the sun goes down.

That's the way to go.

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/hospitals-and-health-services/patient-care/end-of-life-care/voluntary-assisted-dying

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/catholic-church-restates-staunch-opposition-to-voluntary-assisted-dying-laws-20190618-p51yt4.html

With 68 safeguards, the bill has been described as the most conservative in the world. A Voluntary Assisted Dying Review Board has been established to review each case.

Pretty much a good way to say Byebye imo what you posted.
    No matter myself having been brought up with a religion no way is it going to dictate my end of life or make me feel guilty as they normally do.
    Having just gone through a tuff 12mths with my wife's aging parents (now in a home) the visits to hospitals seeing my father inlaw and his fellow patients absolutely hopeless - NO WAY do I wish to hang on in such a state for what ?!
    Seeing it as I did countless times I felt for these poor people in their last week/s/month or whatever.
    No matter what God or whoever thinks that life needs to drag on as such they can you know what.

Love Football

Carlito
    Carlito
    Legend
    Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

That's the way to go.

I agree with this.  I've had to witness my grandmother suffer years ago . Was one of the most hardest things to see . This law gives people the dignified  ending they surely deserve. No stranger deserves a say on people's life's. 
    mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

paulbagzFC - 18 Jun 2019 9:59 PM
    Didn't realise we were living in Holland.

-PB

Holland has all the protections just like Belgium does as well, becauyse they are not just talking about Holland but Belgium as well.

And they found that the system was abused in both countries despite all the "protections" and it will be abused in Victoria as well, and people will be put to sleep without the proper protocols being followed - downright industrial murder.

mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

433 - 18 Jun 2019 10:53 PM
    Guess you missed the bit where the law requires the patients explicit informed consent.

Besides, the Dutch system is very different to ours. They have euthanasia (physician administers a fatal dose of a  drug to the patient) and assisted suicide (physician supplies the lethal drug but the patient administers it). We only have assisted suicide, where a patient is given a drug and they drink it - there's no way for a doctor to "kill" a patient in our system unless they literally force the drug down their throat. 

It requires the same consent in Holland and Belgium, but the elderly patient was manipulated and coerced or the so called "consent" was obtained through fraudulent means, or doctors decided to expedite death to rid the health system of the burden.

mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

It is selfish because people will be put to sleep without due process or protocol.

Even one murder is something to be extremely vigilant about. Elderly will be knocked off by their relatives, or the health system and it will become more and more prominent in decades to come when the Health System will not be able to cope with longer life expectancy and so on. People will be knocked off to free a bed even.

mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

That's the way to go.

You are the nutcase.

I provided you with solid evidence of what is in stall for us all and all you can do is be insulting because you can't hack it!

Holland and Belgium have the very same safeguards in place put thousands of people are murdered without these safeguards being met. It is one of the biggest human rights scandals in history. And this is what will hapen here as well and it will be reported too.

Edited
    sydneyfc1987
    sydneyfc1987
    Legend
    Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 18 Jun 2019 9:41 PM

Oh sure, as if the system hasn't been abused before.

https://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/02/doctor-killed-300-patients-in-euthanasia-to-free-up-hospital-beds/

Lol totally balanced source you there bud..

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Edited
    5 Years Ago by sydneyfc1987
    sub007
    sub007
    World Class
    World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Jun 2019 5:40 PM

I agree with this.  I've had to witness my grandmother suffer years ago . Was one of the most hardest things to see . This law gives people the dignified  ending they surely deserve. No stranger deserves a say on people's life's. 

Same here. My grandfather was in the same boat.
    mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2019 9:02 PM
    mouflonrouge - 18 Jun 2019 9:41 PM

Lol totally balanced source you there bud..

What's wrong with it?

They still have to report facts and figures and they have provided plenty and if you do't like that source I can provide many more like the other source you ignored out of hand.

Carlito
    Carlito
    Legend
    Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 19 Jun 2019 9:43 PM
    sydneyfc1987 - 19 Jun 2019 9:02 PM

What's wrong with it?

They still have to report facts and figures and they have provided plenty and if you do't like that source I can provide many more like the other source you ignored out of hand.

Moving the posts again aikhme . 
    mouflonrouge
    mouflonrouge
    Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Jun 2019 10:10 PM
    mouflonrouge - 19 Jun 2019 9:43 PM

Moving the posts again aikhme . 

If you got an issue with Aikhme, you better send him a Private Message.

Aikhme is from a completely different state to me. The mod team have already investigated this charade.

Wrong IP and wrong state.

Edited
    GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search