Quoting on iOS Fix

Quoting on iOS Fix

Author
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If you have an iPhone like me and you're a bit over using '@name' or seeing 'null' on the screen, and would like to return to proper quoting again, here's a workaround:

The problem seems to be with the fact that it's a mobile version. So to enable quoting again, find the top right of the page where the reload/refresh icon is (or for anyone from a very past generation, that little circular arrow on the URL bar), and:

1) Press and hold the reload arrow
2) Select 'Request Desktop Site'
3) Done! You can now quote again. :)

The one downfall is that once you exit Safari it reverts to mobile version by default. But it's still a major fix. Much easier than having to go on my laptop just to reply to someone, haha.

Have fun! :D
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

can't quote on Ipad

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I like viewing on the mobile version though as the text auto-fits to the screen.

Shame there's no quote function for the mobile site :(
The Dudist
The Dudist
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Bowden - 11 Sep 2016 2:02 PM
I like viewing on the mobile version though as the text auto-fits to the screen.Shame there's no quote function for the mobile site :(

Really? On my iPhone the text fits just fine. 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
MikeDude - 29 Aug 2016 11:02 PM
If you have an iPhone like me and you're a bit over using '@name' or seeing 'null' on the screen, and would like to return to proper quoting again, here's a workaround:

The problem seems to be with the fact that it's a mobile version. So to enable quoting again, find the top right of the page where the reload/refresh icon is (or for anyone from a very past generation, that little circular arrow on the URL bar), and:

1) Press and hold the reload arrow
2) Select 'Request Desktop Site'
3) Done! You can now quote again. :)

The one downfall is that once you exit Safari it reverts to mobile version by default. But it's still a major fix. Much easier than having to go on my laptop just to reply to someone, haha.

Have fun! :D

Thank you for this. Was wondering why I couldn't quote. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search