The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
TWG reckons the winger and midfielder we're in the process of signing are Callum McManaman and Jacob Butterfield: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mcmanaman-relative-callum-on-victory-radar-as-brebner-fills-visa-slots
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yeah read that.  Dunno what to believe
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

paladisious - 27 Sep 2020 5:49 PM
TWG reckons the winger and midfielder we're in the process of signing are Callum McManaman and Jacob Butterfield: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mcmanaman-relative-callum-on-victory-radar-as-brebner-fills-visa-slots

Both would be really good. Just not the “bling” you guys are used to. 
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

That would make MV pretty winger-heavy right? Assuming McManaman, Rojas and Kruse would all be starters. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Waz - 28 Sep 2020 1:28 PM

Fine by me. Every time Victory have gone for "bling" names it's been a disaster.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Bling? Only player close to being bling was Harry Kewell   
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:11 PM

Bling? Only player close to being bling was Harry Kewell   

Not that it wouldn't have went any better if he was at any other A-League club given our current climate, but still.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

paladisious - 28 Sep 2020 6:23 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:11 PM

Not that it wouldn't have went any better if he was at any other A-League club given our current climate, but still.

Forgot about keisuke 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:25 PM
paladisious - 28 Sep 2020 6:23 PM

Forgot about keisuke 

Kinda proves my point doesn't it lol :)
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

paladisious - 28 Sep 2020 6:26 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:25 PM

Kinda proves my point doesn't it lol :)

Touchė. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Bowden - 28 Sep 2020 1:33 PM
That would make MV pretty winger-heavy right? Assuming McManaman, Rojas and Kruse would all be starters. 

I've been wondering if Brebs might be looking at bringing back the false 9 system. You'd need 4 wingers in the squad to play this way. You'd also need 2 starting number 10’s, which will give players like Kirdar and LLL plenty of opportunity to play alongside a more experienced visa player (which I’m sure is on our hitlist).

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 29 Sep 2020 9:19 AM
Bowden - 28 Sep 2020 1:33 PM

I've been wondering if Brebs might be looking at bringing back the false 9 system. You'd need 4 wingers in the squad to play this way. You'd also need 2 starting number 10’s, which will give players like Kirdar and LLL plenty of opportunity to play alongside a more experienced visa player (which I’m sure is on our hitlist).

Injuries have cruelled Kruse's career so every chance McManaman and Rojas will play about 14 matches on the wings, and Kruse 6 matches,
in a 20 match season. Breb won't get to change the usual systems.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Melbourne Victory is pleased to announce it has re-signed exciting young trio, Jay Barnett, Aaron Anderson and Birkan Kirdar.

Barnett’s new contract comes after he showed plenty of promise in both the A-League and AFC Champions League this year.

While Anderson and Kirdar, products of the club’s Academy system, made regular appearances in the navy-blue during the conclusion to the 2019/20 A-League season.

Head Coach, Grant Brebner, said it was pleasing to see the trio put pen to paper ahead of the upcoming 2020/21 A-League season.

“It’s great news to have an exciting young group of players in Jay, Aaron and Birkan re-sign for the club,” Brebner said.

“Jay is talented, has a fantastic work ethic and hunger to improve. If Jay puts the time and energy into his development, he’ll continue to put his hand up for opportunities to play first team football.

“Both Aaron and Birkan are local boys and a product of the Academy program at Melbourne Victory. They understand the way we want to play our football and the responsibility which comes with pulling on the Victory shirt.

“All three are extremely driven and I’m looking forward to them creating competition for spots and working hard over the coming weeks as we prepare for the Asian Champions League and the new A-League season.”

Barnett said he was excited to pull on the navy blue for a further two seasons.

“It’s a great feeling to have signed with Victory for two more years. I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and definitely improved as a player,” Barnett said.

“The size of the club and the supporter base is massive. The members and fans are amazing and playing in front of big crowds really gives the boys and myself a huge lift.

“Team success is what we all play for and we really want to push hard to improve to win titles and trophies for our members and fans.”

Anderson said it was a great feeling to recommit to the club.

“It’s exciting to re-sign with the club, and I’m really happy I get the opportunity to continue to develop my career and play under Brebs,” Anderson said.

“Representing the club last season really fuelled my hunger to improve, and now I’ve had a taste of senior football I’m going to do everything I can to hold onto my spot.”

Kirdar also said he was excited to continue to develop under Brebner.

“Brebs has been my coach for a number of years now, so it will be good to continue to grow and improve as a player under him,” Kirdar said.

“The club has supported me and given me an opportunity to play senior football and I’m committed to working hard and repaying the faith they have shown in me.”
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Why the 1 year deal for Kirdar though? Surely you put him in a longer contract so the club can make money from him if his good enough for overseas clubs.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Barca4Life - 29 Sep 2020 2:27 PM
Why the 1 year deal for Kirdar though? Surely you put him in a longer contract so the club can make money from him if his good enough for overseas clubs.

I can't see contract lengths for Kirdar and Anderson at all, hopefully it's multiple years for both.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Barca4Life - 29 Sep 2020 2:27 PM

One year? The press release doesn't mention that at all.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Kirdar saying "another year" on the club's current insta story, so that implies one year.

I'm sure the robust Australian football media fraternity knows what's happening and will make sure the question is answered. lol.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Melbourne Victory, the club that signs EPL head coaches as assistant coaches: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/victory-kean-on-ex-blackburn-boss-as-brebner-sidekick
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

paladisious - 29 Sep 2020 8:01 PM
Kirdar saying "another year" on the club's current insta story, so that implies one year.

I'm sure the robust Australian football media fraternity knows what's happening and will make sure the question is answered. lol.

That could be implied but knowing kids these days . That could mean anything 😅😅
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

paladisious - 29 Sep 2020 8:02 PM
Melbourne Victory, the club that signs EPL head coaches as assistant coaches: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/victory-kean-on-ex-blackburn-boss-as-brebner-sidekick

Bloody hell the baldy Scotsman🤣 also why twg  somehow still connecting us to the two brits? Is this another UK football is shit they used to talk about when Merrick and especially magilton was in charge??
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Taking the piss: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41790381
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

well it’s too early to say if our squad will be any good next season, but at least we are putting together a squad much earlier this time around. ACL in about 6 weeks is probably a factor in this as well. by my count we have 15 players (including todays talk about Ansell returning) with 3 visa players still to be signed.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Folami to Victory?

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ipswich-s-aussie-rookie-folami-on-melbourne-victory-radar

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 14 Oct 2020 12:55 PM
well it’s too early to say if our squad will be any good next season, but at least we are putting together a squad much earlier this time around. ACL in about 6 weeks is probably a factor in this as well. by my count we have 15 players (including todays talk about Ansell returning) with 3 visa players still to be signed.

What's your current 11? Including rumoured Ansell? Where do you guys think Brimmer and Mcmnamanmnanmnan fit in with Sideshow Bob and Kirdir? I really liked how they both came on after the restart and would hate to see them put back to the bench 
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sanchez - 14 Oct 2020 6:22 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 14 Oct 2020 12:55 PM

What's your current 11? Including rumoured Ansell? Where do you guys think Brimmer and Mcmnamanmnanmnan fit in with Sideshow Bob and Kirdir? I really liked how they both came on after the restart and would hate to see them put back to the bench 

Love how you're even doing what Steve mcmanonman did and added extra m's😅😅
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Would be a great signing 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Am told that Melbourne Victory's signing of 30-year old former [Derby County] midfielder Jacob Butterfield is all but confirmed on a multi-year deal.

Last details being finalised with announcement expected in the coming days

https://twitter.com/NickRupolo/status/1316634916621180928

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Vuk
                  Acton/Crocombe
Roux       Ansell            Anderson      Traore
                   Broxham/Barnett
                 Butterfield/Brimmer     
McManaman          Rojas            Kruse
                           Folami (on loan) 

Far more superior team to last season.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

soccerfoo - 16 Oct 2020 10:32 AM
                             Vuk
                  Acton/Crocombe
Roux       Ansell            Anderson      Traore
                   Broxham/Barnett
      Butterfield/Brimmet        Kirdar
McManaman                         Kruse (for 3 matches)
                          Folami (on loan) 

Far more superior team to last season.

Rojas?
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

scubaroo - 16 Oct 2020 11:00 AM
soccerfoo - 16 Oct 2020 10:32 AM

Rojas?

Oops!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search