BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Focusing on the Souths game.

I like the match up of our right against their left side. 

Dogs - Hutch, Preston.  Kiraz, Wilson.

Souths - Walker, KK, Tass, Johnstone.

That is where their main attacking threat is going to come from Hutch and Preston should be able to mostly shut down KK he is a big man but Hutch is a big body for a half.

I think we have the speed, workrate and mobility to handle their shifts, in particular Kiraz is a good defender who gets most decisions right.

When the tables are turned we can and should run Kiraz and Preston at Walker everytime we get a chance. 

That leaves our left side against their right and we have the edge their. 

The big risk for us is Latrell who can be 10/10, 3/10 or any number in between. Kick chase is key here as is numbering up in defence and not giving Souths to much space and time.

I am happy that they are favourites, less happy about playing them after 3 losses in a row and with Sutton as ref.

I think that we can win, or at least give it a decent crack. The intensity level from the Sharks game is what we need to reproduce with a bit better execution.

Inspire of the scoreline, I think that the loss to the Sharks was our best performance of the season and the first 60 mins of that game was close to semifinal intensity. Intensity is the key to a Dogs win, we need to turn the volume up to 11 and make the game go so fast Latrell and Cody don't have time to think.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

[quote]
hounddog - 27 Mar 2024 12:12 PM

I am happy that they are favourites, less happy about playing them after 3 losses in a row and with Sutton as ref.

ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

ODF - 27 Mar 2024 1:20 PM
[quote]
hounddog - 27 Mar 2024 12:12 PM

You all know that I have very little regard for incompetent refereeing and I genuinely believe that most officials try to officiate a fair game. My greatest concern is Sutton as the ref. I am travelling down from the Central West to see the game and would hate to hsve it ruined by a biased showpony.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ODF - 27 Mar 2024 1:39 PM
ODF - 27 Mar 2024 1:20 PM

You all know that I have very little regard for incompetent refereeing and I genuinely believe that most officials try to officiate a fair game. My greatest concern is Sutton as the ref. I am travelling down from the Central West to see the game and would hate to hsve it ruined by a biased showpony.

Unfortunately if that happens, it will not be the first time.

Most fans of both teams are more than happy for the ref to fade into the background and let the teams determine the result.

Sometimes in sport the side salad thinks it is the steak main course.
ODF
ODF
Pro

hounddog - 27 Mar 2024 2:56 PM
ODF - 27 Mar 2024 1:39 PM

Sometimes in sport the side salad thinks it is the steak main course.

And needs to get the chop.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Zef - 27 Mar 2024 11:39 AM
Marki - 26 Mar 2024 10:11 PM

… or too late.

Judgement on season predictions should be made after… during… the trials.

So I’ve been told.

Thats only if im the one passing judgement 
I have an uncanny knack of getting it right.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Reserve grade won with a try in the last few minutes.

I hope that is an omen.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)

JAC in for Wilson ..     Souffs will now aim for his wing ..
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

Here comes the classic Sutton Good Friday stich up.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We just need to hang in here and turn the momentum, 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Great fightback.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Why wasn't that a sin bin?
ODF
ODF
Pro

Massive support here... I think there is more of us than them.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

My last post attempt was cancelled...
Cant be bothered re-typing it.

Lets just say i wasnt happy with the refereeing....
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)Hardcore Fan (253 reputation)

Got to get that Bulldog spirit  now .., Sutton doing a good job keeping us out off the game … 
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan

zoz2015 - 29 Mar 2024 5:28 PM
Got to get that Bulldog spirit  now .., Sutton doing a good job keeping us out off the game … 

Own worst enemy today 
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)Super Fan (109 reputation)

I can't understand why we dont take the 2 pointsfrom a penalty when they are on offer. Happenned twice. You get the ball back from the kickoff and the game is in your control. Ciraldo is backing the team to score a try each time instead.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Hi Team...been a busy week...
Congrats Micko on the big win last round... Too big too strong ..
As for today... I reckon we deserved a better fate ..
Hutch gotta go... Despite his good D... He ain't a 7... 
Sean
Sean
Weekender
Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)Weekender (27 reputation)

Blake Taffe to half back. Chricton to fullback
 Hutchinson to Timbuktu. 
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan

Vallo440 - 29 Mar 2024 5:58 PM

I can't understand why we dont take the 2 pointsfrom a penalty when they are on offer. Happenned twice. You get the ball back from the kickoff and the game is in your control. Ciraldo is backing the team to score a try each time instead.

Exactly there was tons of opportunities to win today .. I think try Sexton at 7 next week .. 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Vallo440 - 29 Mar 2024 5:58 PM

Yep, i was spewing when we didnt take them.
It was telling
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Our attack needs a bit of work.

Unfortunate drop by Morrin cost us a try then would have been handy. 

Salmon in the centres never works.

Still better than last season.

Aside from Taaffee none of our spine took good options at the opposition end.

Marhoney and Mann unfortunately took time off the outside backs, we often got the ball to Hutch with numbers over but it was too late for him to shift it or he took the wrong option 

We definitely need to practice quicker ball movement. It was better first half.
Marki
Marki
World Class

If there is such as thing as a team with negative IQ, then its us

We are the dumbest team in professional sport -hands down.

Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 29 Mar 2024 6:09 PM
Our attack needs a bit of work.

Unfortunate drop by Morrin cost us a try then would have been handy. 

Salmon in the centres never works.

Still better than last season.

Aside from Taaffee none of our spine took good options at the opposition end.

Marhoney and Mann unfortunately took time off the outside backs, we often got the ball to Hutch with numbers over but it was too late for him to shift it or he took the wrong option 

We definitely need to practice quicker ball movement. It was better first half.

Well spotted.
Mahoney looking for a marker penalty on last tackle and Mann jinking and jerking before passing, just starved Hutch of putting a good lsst tackle kick in. Also killed the timing of outside backs to contest the ball.

Needed more direct play in the middle with quick PTB. Not waste time
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 29 Mar 2024 6:10 PM
If there is such as thing as a team with negative IQ, then its us

We are the dumbest team in professional sport -hands down.

Time for Jason Taylor to earn his keep.

I think our plays turning runners under were OK, but overdone.

Ball movement was too slow and backline too flat.We need practice the right things, start by watching a tape of how Penrith played yesterday. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Sack Ciro
Marki
Marki
World Class

Souths were pretty average today and we were just worse.
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 29 Mar 2024 6:14 PM
Marki - 29 Mar 2024 6:10 PM

Time for Jason Taylor to earn his keep.

I think our plays turning runners under were OK, but overdone.

Ball movement was too slow and backline too flat.We need practice the right things, start by watching a tape of how Penrith played yesterday. 

Kurt Mannis to blame for alot of those inside useless balls. He dud it multiple times to the point i thought i was watching Kyle Flanagan.

In fact, Mann was very poor in that second half.
Lots of bad decisions
Marki
Marki
World Class

Why oh why cant we have a spine player with the IQ of DCE, Cleary or Moses?

All that was needed today was one of the halves to show some smarts and make the right choice.

I had to laugh when we won penalties on our own 20m or 30m and Curran attempted to snatch the ball from Mahoneys hands (probably to stupidly take a tap and run) and Mahoney shielded it from him and just about told him to F off. 

I saw enough stupid things, i didn't need to see Curran add to it
ODF
ODF
Pro

Marki - 29 Mar 2024 6:15 PM
Souths were pretty average today and we were just worse.

Can't agree with you there. Though ball movement too slow and too much one out shit.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search