BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
dman2018 - 18 May 2024 5:38 PM
dman2018 - 18 May 2024 5:26 PM

There was a decent grubber or two... 
But its ten weeks... A couple of TAs and a couple of good grubbers dont negate the volume of missed opportunities and tries run past him...

Youre not watching Bulldogs games if you think tries have run past him.

I dont know the stats but i dare say he has been the best defender in the team - hands down.

If he slips off a tackle in a group of 3, i dont count that as a missed tackle. 

He (and Mahoney) shut down a certain try close to our short side with 3mins to go. 

You must be smoking something dman...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Bloody hell....

Yeah Crutch had his best game... Passing...

His kicking and much heralded D was ordinary... Again...

That said... A couple of simple errors, not Crutch cost us the game....

D was ordinary? 
He also set up 2 tries from kicks!!!

Like HD said, of all players, he was the only one to hold his head high. The rest were error riddled.

You can carry 1 or 2 having bad games but we just had too many players last night.

Let's just hope they all played their bad game and bounce back for the next few games. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Bloody hell....

There was a decent grubber or two... 
But its ten weeks... A couple of TAs and a couple of good grubbers dont negate the volume of missed opportunities and tries run past him...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Bloody hell....

Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 18 May 2024 4:22 PM
I am surprised that some fans are calling for Hutch to be sacked.

If any player in our team played himself into the NSW SOO side,  Hutch was that guy.

He was the best player on the field, Critter and King were also in the top 10, the good news ends there the rest of the top 10 were all Canberra players.

It was very noticeable that we hardly flipped any Raiders players on their back. The week before we put most of the Panthers players on their back.

I think it is hard to flip those big heavy guys in wet conditions and those are the conditions where size is an advantage. 

I also will not be surprised if it turns out that the Canberra pack is better than the Penrith pack. Though Martin was carrying an injury when we played the Panthers. 

Raiders were simply the better side on the day, a good team and well coached. Possibly good enough to sneak into the top 4.

I think Sutton might add something to our side. But if we play the Raiders on a fast dry track we beat them. We are coming into a few weeks of playing in wet slippery conditions. Hutch showed that he can handle those conditions,  even when the other sides forwards finish on top. 

The concerning thing for me is that we played a team that also didnt have a high IQ game-manager yet we still lost after having a handy lead and even when we fell behind, we still had 14 mins to win the game.

Against a team that has a DCE, Moses, Cleary, AR, Hunt, Hughes etc i can understand we get outsmarted.

But we out-dumbed ourselves.

We need to fix that. We need a high IQ halves player as the key ingredient in moving us into a top 4 team. Without one, we will just be hoping to scrape into finals as our best result.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 18 May 2024 4:18 PM
Unfortunately that game sums up our season. Or at least it will by the end of it. 

We are lacking an experienced halfback and a couple of good middles. We might not want to accept it or admit it but we just don’t have the team. We may however slip into the finals still. But that loss will hurt. 

Tracey goes OK, I think Sutton might add something to this side.

I still haven't given up on this season,  but the next few weeks are a big test for us.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am surprised that some fans are calling for Hutch to be sacked.

If any player in our team played himself into the NSW SOO side,  Hutch was that guy.

He was the best player on the field, Critter and King were also in the top 10, the good news ends there the rest of the top 10 were all Canberra players.

It was very noticeable that we hardly flipped any Raiders players on their back. The week before we put most of the Panthers players on their back.

I think it is hard to flip those big heavy guys in wet conditions and those are the conditions where size is an advantage. 

I also will not be surprised if it turns out that the Canberra pack is better than the Penrith pack. Though Martin was carrying an injury when we played the Panthers. 

Raiders were simply the better side on the day, a good team and well coached. Possibly good enough to sneak into the top 4.

I think Sutton might add something to our side. But if we play the Raiders on a fast dry track we beat them. We are coming into a few weeks of playing in wet slippery conditions. Hutch showed that he can handle those conditions,  even when the other sides forwards finish on top. 

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

What is great. This year we know what we need on the player market. And we know we have the money to buy whoever is available. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Unfortunately that game sums up our season. Or at least it will by the end of it. 

We are lacking an experienced halfback and a couple of good middles. We might not want to accept it or admit it but we just don’t have the team. We may however slip into the finals still. But that loss will hurt. 

Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Marki - 18 May 2024 7:51 AM
hounddog - 18 May 2024 7:13 AM

Knee jerk reaction. Especially in the middle.

I dont understand the fascination everyone has with wanting to change the team after every loss.

There will be no change to the team listed last Tuesday, eith ecception of injuries, suspension or sickness.

Game was lost on poor ball handling, poor decision making inside the 10m and impatience.

If we cut those silly errors and remain patient, we score at least 1 more try and win the game.

Not sure why Mahoney was at first receiver alot yesterday.... Close to Hutch, he was one of our best players, but it meant other guys went into dummy half and we had some very poor dummy half play as a result.

Yep. Get on board. Exactly right. No changes needed. The team just played like shit. 

We gifted them two easy try’s off two of our safer players. I still can't believe that Tracey dropped that kick. But the Raiders chase was offside. And he got to the ball very quick. 

Take out those first two freakish try’s from them and we win that game. 

Our biggest problem is ourselves. Canberra won the ruck battle and that reduced our line speed. The pressure they put in gave us little chance of using our edges. And when we did we made errors because of their defensive efforts. Canberra were much better than us. But we are a better team than they are. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 18 May 2024 7:51 AM

I dont understand the fascination everyone has with wanting to change the team after every loss.

There will be no change to the team listed last Tuesday, eith ecception of injuries, suspension or sickness.

Game was lost on poor ball handling, poor decision making inside the 10m and impatience.

If we cut those silly errors and remain patient, we score at least 1 more try and win the game.

Not sure why Mahoney was at first receiver alot yesterday.... Close to Hutch, he was one of our best players, but it meant other guys went into dummy half and we had some very poor dummy half play as a result.

I was just repeating information that I heard.

I think that any changes will be forced changes or just giving players a much needed rest with multiple short turnarounds after intense games.

Plus the usual,  injuries,  HIA and suspensions.

I can't see any unforced changes to the backline or spine.

That leaves the forwards, particularly the middle forwards where our rotation isn't as good as other sides. One change could be reverting Curran to more of a backrow role, while providing additional cover for the middle. He started in the backrow.

Mann and Preston are also coming back from injuries and are not yet back to thier best.

To be a top 8 side we need to improve combinations, but we also  need more punch in the middle.  And giving some of the young pups a run would be preparation for future seasons. 
Edited
12 hours ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 17 May 2024 11:27 PM

When I did a deep dive on games, I changed my opinion. Hutch is very good most games. 

Burton also good most games, they are complementary.

The player I am reconsidering is Mann at lock, Mann is a good player, but he seems to stifle our attack.  Then sometimes he does great stuff which creates a try. He just needs to be told that his role is to pass the ball quickly everytime Hutch calls for it.

Sometimes the other teams is simply the better side on the day. We were coming off a tough game against the Panthers with travel and a short turn around. Raiders coming off the bye Ricky had them primed for the game and highly motivated.

The conditions didn't suit us. The Raiders win is similar to our win over the Chooks, the better prepared more highly motivated team got the win.

Hello Kitty is suspended for 3 weeks, Todd is injured, otherwise word is that he might be making his debut. Another young middle might get a run.

I think that the club wants to give some young players and some of the better performing reserve graders a run in the NRL. I think that we might have a couple of players charged ny the judiciary. Kiks might be injured or affected by concussion.  Some forwards might be carrying injuries or needing a rest.

So a couple of young forwards might come into the team against the Dragons , that might lift our energy levels. We are better than the Dragons and Knights but they have the benefit of coming off the bye. A top 8 side finds a way to win these games. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 17 May 2024 11:27 PM
Vallo440 - 17 May 2024 8:14 PM

Im glad you saw that as well.
The guy has his best game, and those at TK still stick the boit into him.

We just needed composure and to cut out the stupid errors. Burton went missing again with Origin around the corner. Does it every year. He's like a deer in headlights when the team needs him.

14mins with enough opportunities to score a try and we just shot ourselves on both feet constantly.

Even CC in the box was dumfounded atvtye stupidity on display.

Hope he tears them a new one after that performance.

When I did a deep dive on games, I changed my opinion. Hutch is very good most games. 

Burton also good most games, they are complementary.

The player I am reconsidering is Mann at lock, Mann is a good player, but he seems to stifle our attack.  Then sometimes he does great stuff which creates a try. He just needs to be told that his role is to pass the ball quickly everytime Hutch calls for it.

Sometimes the other teams is simply the better side on the day. We were coming off a tough game against the Panthers with travel and a short turn around. Raiders coming off the bye Ricky had them primed for the game and highly motivated.

The conditions didn't suit us. The Raiders win is similar to our win over the Chooks, the better prepared more highly motivated team got the win.

Hello Kitty is suspended for 3 weeks, Todd is injured, otherwise word is that he might be making his debut. Another young middle might get a run.

I think that the club wants to give some young players and some of the better performing reserve graders a run in the NRL. I think that we might have a couple of players charged ny the judiciary. Kiks might be injured or affected by concussion.  Some forwards might be carrying injuries or needing a rest.

So a couple of young forwards might come into the team against the Dragons , that might lift our energy levels. We are better than the Dragons and Knights but they have the benefit of coming off the bye. A top 8 side finds a way to win these games. 
Edited
13 hours ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 17 May 2024 7:59 PM

Spot on. Losing to the Lime Slime again just cemented the reity they've become our bogey side. 

Hutch played his best game ever for us and how ironic that we lost it even though the fans have been baying for a real halfback. Well our halfback tonight played out of his skin and we still lost it to the Slime.

Im glad you saw that as well.
The guy has his best game, and those at TK still stick the boit into him.

We just needed composure and to cut out the stupid errors. Burton went missing again with Origin around the corner. Does it every year. He's like a deer in headlights when the team needs him.

14mins with enough opportunities to score a try and we just shot ourselves on both feet constantly.

Even CC in the box was dumfounded atvtye stupidity on display.

Hope he tears them a new one after that performance.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We are playing teams coming off the bye 3 weeks in a row.

Once teams get into the season the bye is an advantage. 
Middle of the season is the ideal time to have a bye.

I reckon we need to throttle back training this week.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Conditions are contributing to dropped ball.

I am probably more worried about the 2 second half trys we conceded than our attack.
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)Hardcore Fan (263 reputation)

ODF - 17 May 2024 7:01 PM
People are saying we only scored because the faiders are down men, but we were building long before to two binnings.

In a way they were sort of right we couldn’t score against 13 but they scored most from our errors sort of even out . 
This is about the third or fourth game lost due  to kicking goals. 
But the green slime are a dirty team … Particular against us .. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dogdoctor - 17 May 2024 8:36 PM
awful from so many angles
firstly the energy was with the raiders all game- did the penrith game sap our energy - we looked older than them all game
forget the dropped ball from tracey and kiraz - both had fairly good games despite
and despite a good game by hutch and Burton shifting to either side of the ruck in attack why the effin hell is hutch kicking more than burton for distance and why no burton spirals this week and just one last week?
Burton should get the ball in every play yet gets the ball some times never or just once in a set of six and hatch gets the ball always or we take a " tolman" settler 3 times in their 20m
Crazy  to keep Kikau on despite him being hampered and making errors as a result
bereft of a game manager near the end there again!
an important game to let slip and we slide back down the ladder now

I would need to watch the game again to see what went wrong in attack.

One thing that did go wrong was Kiks took some bad options and made a some errors. I am not sure if he was affected by the head high tackle. Might even be ruled out HIA. 

The Panthers game did probably take some petrol out of us.

I agree with CC we drift into playing like strangers in attack and most games there is at least one try that we should stop.

I think that we just need to form combinations.  I do think that at times we look better with Hayward at lock. Somehow Reed, Mann and Hutch don't seem to combine well at this stage.  I have noticed that in multiple games. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 17 May 2024 8:26 PM
I had to get out of TK, they are tearing the team to shreds. I will admit there were many players that let us down, Kiks was playing injured and should have been rested and replaced. Burton' conversions have become a problem, too many ball hogs and Fix has lost his mojo. Canberra sre fvcking dirty pieces of shit and got away with a lot of foul play..the 2 binnings attested to their dirt. I hope this is the wakeup call they needed to get back into focus because our top 8 aspirations are starting to look tattered.

I think that this is why Gus and CC are trying to manage expectations.

I think that the conditions made the game tricky, but Canberra really aimed up.

Tracey and Kiraz are 2 of our better players most weeks, but they started the game with uncharacteristic errors, that sums up the match.
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)Fan (85 reputation)

awful from so many angles
firstly the energy was with the raiders all game- did the penrith game sap our energy - we looked older than them all game
forget the dropped ball from tracey and kiraz - both had fairly good games despite
and despite a good game by hutch and Burton shifting to either side of the ruck in attack why the effin hell is hutch kicking more than burton for distance and why no burton spirals this week and just one last week?
Burton should get the ball in every play yet gets the ball some times never or just once in a set of six and hatch gets the ball always or we take a " tolman" settler 3 times in their 20m
Crazy  to keep Kikau on despite him being hampered and making errors as a result
bereft of a game manager near the end there again!
an important game to let slip and we slide back down the ladder now

ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Fix... should be the nickname for Fox.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

I had to get out of TK, they are tearing the team to shreds. I will admit there were many players that let us down, Kiks was playing injured and should have been rested and replaced. Burton' conversions have become a problem, too many ball hogs and Fix has lost his mojo. Canberra sre fvcking dirty pieces of shit and got away with a lot of foul play..the 2 binnings attested to their dirt. I hope this is the wakeup call they needed to get back into focus because our top 8 aspirations are starting to look tattered.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

Burto kicking is hot n cold. Some weeks he lands them 100%, other weeks 60%. He aint no El Masri thats for sure.
Crichton should have a go.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Spot on. Losing to the Lime Slime again just cemented the reity they've become our bogey side. 

Hutch played his best game ever for us and how ironic that we lost it even though the fans have been baying for a real halfback. Well our halfback tonight played out of his skin and we still lost it to the Slime.

I don't think Hutch is our problem. 

Just too many errors and we lack patience at times.

I think Critter should be taking goal kicks from Burton's weaker side.

We also struggle to get up when we are favourites. 
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

Bit of a wake up call for us, they wanted it more.

I am not sure if Kiks was 100%.

Work to do if we want to make the 8.

Not terrible, but one of our worst performances this season. 

I knew Ricky would have them up for it.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Bit of a wake up call for us, they wanted it more.

I am not sure if Kiks was 100%.

Work to do if we want to make the 8.

Not terrible, but one of our worst performances this season. 

I knew Ricky would have them up for it.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan

Shattered. We were our own worst enemy. I wonder if our boys are reading into the media hype too much.  A terrible game and to be beaten by them, again, does not help.
ODF
ODF
Pro

That game defied reason. We snatched defest from thejaws of victory...and Burtons boot let us down once again.
ODF
ODF
Pro

Get kiks off, he looks injured.
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan

FFS! Im gonna have a hearty! We mustn't lose to the Lime Slime.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search