BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
hounddog - 27 Jul 2024 9:55 PM
Hockey drag-flickers get the ball mving at speeds up to 135kph.

What the puck are you talking about?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Marki - 28 Jul 2024 9:48 PM
hounddog - 27 Jul 2024 9:55 PM

What the puck are you talking about?

Was on the Olympics, I used to play the game. 

The sport has changed a lot, skill levels are way above 10 years ago.

When that hard ball is coming at you at high speed, it is just as bad as fast bowling in cricket. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I didn't watch their game,  but the Faiders might be a tougher challenge than the  Broncos. 

I hope Curran is OK and that we have dry conditions. 

Reproduce our game against the Broncos should be good enough. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 28 Jul 2024 9:56 PM
I didn't watch their game,  but the Faiders might be a tougher challenge than the  Broncos. 

I hope Curran is OK and that we have dry conditions. 

Reproduce our game against the Broncos should be good enough. 

Ridiculously hot and cold team... Play tough up the guts either way... We owe em...

A big win this weekend will what can be, unburdened by what has been....
Moving forward...
Please explain...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 29 Jul 2024 7:59 PM
hounddog - 28 Jul 2024 9:56 PM

Ridiculously hot and cold team... Play tough up the guts either way... We owe em...

A big win this weekend will what can be, unburdened by what has been....
Moving forward...
Please explain...

I looked at the teams, no Cam Murray or Latrell for Souths.

Our team seems to perform better with a big loud crowd.

Belmore will be pumping. 

The attack against the Broncos was excellent.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 29 Jul 2024 9:04 PM
dman2018 - 29 Jul 2024 7:59 PM

I looked at the teams, no Cam Murray or Latrell for Souths.

Our team seems to perform better with a big loud crowd.

Belmore will be pumping. 

The attack against the Broncos was excellent.

Our bogey team.. I think we've lost the last 9, or 8 of 9...
Time to end the hoodoo...
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Canberra will be a tough game if the team let it be. Need to play exactly the same footy as we did against the Broncos. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 31 Jul 2024 10:11 PM
Canberra will be a tough game if the team let it be. Need to play exactly the same footy as we did against the Broncos. 

That is how I see it. 

We need to adjust our game plan and execute in attack and defence. 

Preston did a great job on Walsh,  Preston and Critter should be able to shut-down Hudson Young.

Attack wise we need to execute but also know where their weaknesses are.  The Raiders do leak a few points, I think that we will know we're to attack.

They will be pumped for Big Papa's 300th game and their shot at the semis is on the line.

The Broncos probably were not as bad as we made them look, it was at least 50-50 us playing well.

Raiders are a step up in fitness and intensity but not class. Get our defence and kick defusing right, we can keep them to a low score.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

If the Sharks lose and we win, we could be above them on PD.

Cam Murray is back for Souths that increases their chances,  ladder wise this is the last of their slim chances. A loss is definitely end of season. 

I don't have much faith in them, but this is a rare occasion when I want them to win.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Missing out on Stephano is massive for us. It shows we still can’t land a big name when competing with the big clubs. We need to get the next one. Players and managers will look elsewhere if not. 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Micko - 2 Aug 2024 7:14 PM
Missing out on Stephano is massive for us. It shows we still can’t land a big name when competing with the big clubs. We need to get the next one. Players and managers will look elsewhere if not. 

Not really. Chances are he gets half way though 2025 and realises that he may have taken the wrong choice. Don't get me wrong, Melbourne are a strong team but they don't appear to be on the up like the Dogs are. Anyway, it is what it is.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Storm were always offering more money than us. It is telling that it is a 2 year contract, probably neither party is 100% sure it will work out.

The choice was Bellamy and more money in Melbourne or Cirro and less money in Sydney. We were banking on the fact that the wife didn't want to move to Melbourne.

Big Tom Amone is apparently rated the best prop in the ESL, the poms have some decent props. Let's see if he can make the transition back to NRL and more importantly if he can play our defensive system. If he turns out to be the player I once though he would be, dogs fans will be very happy.  But I wonder if injuries derailed his NRL career and what shape his body is in.

Farmer offers plenty of impact carrying the ball. I was right about Hayes he was originally a winger who played centre sometimes, now he has transitioned to being a second rower. Cirro is preferring guys like Hayes and Hayward to Farmer in the middle. 

For the mobile worker prop category we have them in spades, King, Curran, Todd Morrin, (Sutton), I can see Toups and Hayes also transitioning to playing sometime in the middle.

For  props with more size we have Amone, Hughes, Hopoi, Fifita, (Patolo), (Farmer)

We need to see who we keep, but one more big body who we think can adapt to our defensive system is what we need.

If big Tom pans out like I hope, he can be the alpha male, he would have played that role for most of his junior career and is probably playing it in the ESL.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Ridiculous statement....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 3 Aug 2024 11:47 AM

Ridiculous statement....

I tend to agree. 

Out of the Sydney clubs we are probably the third most attractive club after the Chooks and Panthers.

And it depends on what a player wants, our players and coaches all seem to be great people. We have the best fans in the comp by the length of the straight. 

Mase detailed the help we would have been able to give Stephano, Mase, Orgre, Big Roy, Jacko and many others able to help whenever needed. Gus and Cirro also willing to help. 

If a player wants to improve and is prepared to work hard the Dogs are a good option.

Storm, Roosters, Panthers and a few others also good options. 

As for Parra, Knights and Dragons,  I would only send a bitter enemy there if he was a crap player.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 3 Aug 2024 12:34 PM

I tend to agree. 

Out of the Sydney clubs we are probably the third most attractive club after the Chooks and Panthers.

And it depends on what a player wants, our players and coaches all seem to be great people. We have the best fans in the comp by the length of the straight. 

Mase detailed the help we would have been able to give Stephano, Mase, Orgre, Big Roy, Jacko and many others able to help whenever needed. Gus and Cirro also willing to help. 

If a player wants to improve and is prepared to work hard the Dogs are a good option.

Storm, Roosters, Panthers and a few others also good options. 

As for Parra, Knights and Dragons,  I would only send a bitter enemy there if he was a crap player.

All of that aside, it shows we aren't paying dudes well overs based on potential...
If it was it was a toss of the coin for him, I'm glad he's going elsewhere...
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Maybe youngsters like stefano know how hard the Dogs training regime is and aren't prepared to buy in.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Loving legacy media and socials acting like this is the first Olympics the USA has based the leaderboard on total medals as opposed to gold medals....

#ministryoftruth...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 3 Aug 2024 8:23 PM
Maybe youngsters like stefano know how hard the Dogs training regime is and aren't prepared to buy in.

Money.... I don't think he reckons he's going to a tea party at Melbourne....

My only question is have the NRLol demanded of Melbourne the plan to fit him in yr cap like they did of us a few years back with various players... Remis leaving on his $1.2M a season helps... But they still have NAS on his minimum wage to move on...

Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Ridiculous statement....

How so?

We need to win the off field as much as the on field. This shows us we can’t do this against the best. We clearly wanted the mud otherwise every Bulkdogs face in the media would have said how much he should have signed with us. It is very clearly a loss in media circles. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 3 Aug 2024 10:57 PM

How so?

We need to win the off field as much as the on field. This shows us we can’t do this against the best. We clearly wanted the mud otherwise every Bulkdogs face in the media would have said how much he should have signed with us. It is very clearly a loss in media circles. 

According to most reports we were offering less money than the Storm.

Cirro said that we were mostly chasing Stefano because it was an opportunity that emerged. 

There will be other opportunities.

In relation to training hard and improving as s player,  both clubs offered similar opportunity. 

When it came to living in Sydney rather than Melbourne we had the edge.

Bottom line, money won out over living in Sydney. 

Every negotiation is different, players want different things.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I see today's game as a big test for us.

Get the win and we are in great shape.

The team know what is on the line, test of performing under pressure against a motivated team when we are favourites. 

Nail the execution, our fitness should get us over the line.

Or we might blow them off the park early and cruise to an easy win.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 3 Aug 2024 10:57 PM

How so?

And we care what the media think???... Let them keep throwing their darts, there bound to get something right eventually...

None of us or them know the details of the deal... Or how hard we went for him... My guess is money money money... Same with Luai, Moses, and most others you'd care to list that we 'missed'...

If we're honest the blokes literally done nothing and the only reason he played origin is cos Freddy is a dud coach...

We no longer pay overs for blokes that don't really want to be here.... That's a win off the field.... We have a system in place that sees us with plenty of potential coming trough the lower grades... That's a win off the field...
Sponsors lining up, another win... 

It seems to me, most players we really wanted to bring to the club we've signed over the past couple of years... And even if we went hard for him, you can't win em all...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am interested to see if Farmer plays any role this season. 

Farmer and Skelton are still in the mix. Skelton cover for a backline injury Farmer for the forwards.

My hunch is that even if we don't have an injury in the forwards, Farmer might replace Hopoi and might start with Curran shifting back to the bench. 

#UnleashTheBeast
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Great win,  they made us earn it.

And the ref helped them to make us earn it,
ODF
ODF
Pro

How true.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Wooooooooohhhhh!!!...
More to come when I stop crying...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Sexy channeling Shifty on 20m restart my highlight...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 4 Aug 2024 6:34 PM
Sexy channeling Shifty on 20m restart my highlight...

Sexy is getting better each week. 

We were clearly the better side,  they hung in, got a few 50 /50s and a bit of luck. 

Should not have burned our challenge on the Kiks no try. The Tracey knock on was as backwards as it gets.

Harry Hayes was great 106 metres 26 tackles, no misses, might stay in the side when King comes back. 

Hughes also good even though his stats don't fully show that.

The Raiders are a very good side at their best, close to that today.

Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 4 Aug 2024 5:58 PM
Great win,  they made us earn it.

And the ref helped them to make us earn it,

They did... Couple of weeks in a row against good sides with everything to play for....

We bombed a couple of certain trys again...  Won it with D again... 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 4 Aug 2024 6:39 PM
dman2018 - 4 Aug 2024 6:34 PM

Sexy is getting better each week. 

We were clearly the better side,  they hung in, got a few 50 /50s and a bit of luck. 

Should not have burned our challenge on the Kiks no try. The Tracey knock on was as backwards as it gets.

Harry Hayes was great 106 metres 26 tackles, no misses, might stay in the side when King comes back. 

Hughes also good even though his stats don't fully show that.

The Raiders are a very good side at their best, close to that today.

Oh 7exy!!!... Other than one poor kick a brilliant game...

Harry was great...

I'll take Shoes over Uto every day of the week at this or any other stage of their careers to date...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search