BDP

Author
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
OK im back.
Time for some debating.

What have i missed?
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Marki - 23 Jul 2024 7:08 PM
OK im back.
Time for some debating.

What have i missed?

If there is a lot of posters in here, is that called mass debating.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Chris Patolo MCL probably season over.
Shame that Sutton, Patolo and Todd will be missing at the business end.

I am leaning towards keeping Hayes in the side, and trying to win with defence.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

OK im back.
Time for some debating.

What have i missed?

Well we won the GF 2 months ago, the boys are still on the mad Monday  world tour.

Dman is annoyed because I sold his wold tour ticket on Ebay, I did give him 5%.
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

OK im back.
Time for some debating.

What have i missed?

Every good things Burto does... But that was already the case prior to your sojourn...

The $6M man is in the shop again...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I am pumped for the Broncos game and I blame those Kennel podcast guys for being more even optimistic than I am.

On the balance of play we should have beat a good Cows team by 3 clear trys.

Kraz fumble gifting and easy try, uncharacteristic Preston fumble when certain to score, ref getting a tight call wrong on the Hayward try.

The injury to Patolo also stuffed up our rotation and explains why Curran was out of juice at the end.

So take our chances and don't gift the Donkeys easy trys.as for the ref, we might get a 50-50 going against us again, that is why we need to take our chances. 
Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

hounddog - 23 Jul 2024 7:28 PM
Chris Patolo MCL probably season over.
Shame that Sutton, Patolo and Todd will be missing at the business end.

I am leaning towards keeping Hayes in the side, and trying to win with defence.

It was a poor decision to play Patolo. He is ridiculously injury prone. Need Hopoi back asap. We just desperately need some good props. 

Stephano would be good for next year

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 24 Jul 2024 8:38 PM
hounddog - 23 Jul 2024 7:28 PM

It was a poor decision to play Patolo. He is ridiculously injury prone. Need Hopoi back asap. We just desperately need some good props. 

Stephano would be good for next year

I rate Patolo, but he doesn't stay on the field long enough to show what he can do.

I hope Patolo has one last crack next season, get the rehab right.

Hopoi will probably come in we have limited choices.

Broncos game is going to be a test of our forwards. 
dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

Critta out - not surprising  given how he struggled on last week
Kiraz and Skelton paired up on the right side

dogdoctor
dogdoctor
Fan
Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)Fan (99 reputation)

[quote]
dogdoctor - 26 Jul 2024 9:31 PM
Critta out - not surprising  given how he struggled on last week
Kiraz and Skelton paired up on the right

so right side defence is  preston,sexy, kiraz, skelton
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Tough game today. If we beat the Bozos I’ll be ecstatic. I hate those filthy scum bags. 
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Cosching masterstroke by CC to shift wide early.
Poor decision and miss by Burton to let them back in....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

OK first half, errors cost us at the back end. 

First try of the second half is vital. 
Marki
Marki
World Class

I can't believe Skelton just didnt go for glory and cut back in. Cant believe Burton does a stupid follow up play and  to top it all off, i cant believe Tracey with that pathetic attempt on Staggs.

All he had to do was either clean him up or st the very least slow him down so Xerri can cover him easily.

He was nothing but a fly who Staggs squatted and didnt even lose any pace. Gave Xerri a harder bootlace tackle to make.

We have gone from full control to allowing them back in the game in the blink of an eye. 

I want to go back on holidays....
My heart can't take this
Marki
Marki
World Class

And there's my 6 to 1 multi.....

Thank you Kiraz
Marki
Marki
World Class

Toby Sexton take a bow.
Best game from him and best game from the Dogs for years.
Marki
Marki
World Class

I dont mind Tapau scoring.
After he left us i wouldnt have thought hed get to 250 games but good on him
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 27 Jul 2024 4:35 PM
Toby Sexton take a bow.
Best game from him and best game from the Dogs for years.

Yep, great game all around. 

Both sides played how I hoped they would.

Reed was annoyed that a Broncos player in an offside position got the ball back in the lead up to the Staggs try.

Broncos were lucky to get 3 trys and we could have scored 1 or 2 more.

Critter and probably Fox should be back next game.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Topping off a great day, top try by Jordie in the reserve grade highlights. 

Beat 3 defenders with sheer pace, length of the field. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 27 Jul 2024 3:49 PM
I can't believe Skelton just didnt go for glory and cut back in. Cant believe Burton does a stupid follow up play and  to top it all off, i cant believe Tracey with that pathetic attempt on Staggs.

All he had to do was either clean him up or st the very least slow him down so Xerri can cover him easily.

He was nothing but a fly who Staggs squatted and didnt even lose any pace. Gave Xerri a harder bootlace tackle to make.

We have gone from full control to allowing them back in the game in the blink of an eye. 

I want to go back on holidays....
My heart can't take this

'my heart can't take this'...
Where U been???...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 27 Jul 2024 4:42 PM
I dont mind Tapau scoring.
After he left us i wouldnt have thought hed get to 250 games but good on him

Was bitter sweet...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 27 Jul 2024 7:06 PM
Topping off a great day, top try by Jordie in the reserve grade highlights. 

Beat 3 defenders with sheer pace, length of the field. 

I assume that's Harry Jordie or Jordie Harry...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 27 Jul 2024 9:04 PM
Marki - 27 Jul 2024 3:49 PM

'my heart can't take this'...
Where U been???...

I don't think he is the real Marki,

Praised Sexton and didn’t rubbish Burton. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Hockey drag-flickers get the ball mving at speeds up to 135kph.

Edited
2 Months Ago by hounddog
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)

. .. Well what a victory today I think we're onto something here this year thank God Sutton was not there he would have got the Broncos into the game somehow, but it was a great win. Hopefully the guys keep it up this year. We can't criticise CC any more. He's done a wonderful job.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Woohooooooo. Still blind!!!! Woohoo
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 27 Jul 2024 9:15 PM
hounddog - 27 Jul 2024 7:06 PM

I assume that's Harry Jordie or Jordie Harry...

Jordie (Harry) Mazzone.

We have got great depth in the outside backs,  young pups like Mazzone, Clark, Sua, Papalii.

Gus knows how to build a club.

Injuries to props the last 2 seasons have been a perfect storm.  You could argue that we had no one who was recognised as a proven NRL prop at the start of the season in the team which played the Broncos, 

If Stefano wants to win a comp,  he must like what he is seeing at the Dogs. He can make a difference and us a very likely starter in our side. He knows that the coaches and the rest of the team will do their job.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Still so happy. I’ll be grinning all week. Up the DOGS!!!

We proved to everybody yesterday we are the real deal. Ciro is a great coach. Very smart game plan executed perfectly. Sexy is getting better each game. With Critta and Fox back next week we could go on another winning streak leading to a top four finish. 

The team is building nicely and will hopefully continue to do that next season. I’m realistically thinking top eight this year and top four next year. But we still have plenty of games to go to cement our spot. 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Micko - 28 Jul 2024 12:53 PM
Still so happy. I’ll be grinning all week. Up the DOGS!!!

We proved to everybody yesterday we are the real deal. Ciro is a great coach. Very smart game plan executed perfectly. Sexy is getting better each game. With Critta and Fox back next week we could go on another winning streak leading to a top four finish. 

The team is building nicely and will hopefully continue to do that next season. I’m realistically thinking top eight this year and top four next year. But we still have plenty of games to go to cement our spot. 

I am not surprised that we look better in dry daytime conditions. 

That is why I thought that these games in QLD might suit us. Only surprise was Cows defended better than I expected and the 50/50s went their way. 

I don't think that we can play this style of attack in wet conditions and the wet suits bigger forward packs. Last time we saw that was the loss to the Chooks which was just a bad night at the office.

So I am hoping for dry conditions every game from here, but it will be interesting to see how we handle the wet if it happens. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Faders, Dargons, Fins, Wahs, Manly, Cows....
We're better than that lot...
Our destiny is in our own hands... We can lock 5th up, and with a little luck 4th a possibility.. .

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search