BDP

Author
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mooloolabadog - 26 May 2020 10:24 PM
CHN & JO.  Surely a time should be put on their de-registration. A lifetime ban would seem unreasonable.  Not fair on anyone to be open ended.

My guess is that they will get a timeline in the offseason, probably back sometime i  21/22.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Pay was quoted only a few days ago that he was going to rotate the "young halves" throughout the season as with no reggies it's the only way to make sure they all get some football, so all of them are gonna play NRL this year. While I generally don't agree with rotations, I think all teams are going to have to rotate players somewhat this season because you can't hit late season or the semi's and cop an injury or two and then find your replacement hasn't played a game for months.

As for why Wakeham's "rotated" this early, you can't discount training, maybe he's just not come back from the break primed and Cogger is.

Or maybe Pay's just lost his mind.

We won't know until we see.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Zef - 27 May 2020 7:43 AM
Pay was quoted only a few days ago that he was going to rotate the "young halves" throughout the season as with no reggies it's the only way to make sure they all get some football, so all of them are gonna play NRL this year. While I generally don't agree with rotations, I think all teams are going to have to rotate players somewhat this season because you can't hit late season or the semi's and cop an injury or two and then find your replacement hasn't played a game for months.

As for why Wakeham's "rotated" this early, you can't discount training, maybe he's just not come back from the break primed and Cogger is.

Or maybe now since Wakeham has been unofficially re-signed by the club for a further 2yrs, they’ll wrap him back up in cotton wool as the club usually does with these young pups who have successful schoolboy & jr grades outings but don’t seem to get the proper chances in the top grade

Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I wonder if the Eastern suburbs sprint trainer has any connection with any other Eastern Suburbs team.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

OK that sort of makes sense.. except we need a win badly... 

I can't see why a spine of JMK, Cogger, Lewis and DWZ will not be clunky, it has been clunky every other time..we maybe have Averillo on the bench to add some spark..

Cogger does look like he has been training hard...

Apart from the win/loss column, rotating early in the season, and trying different combinations makes sense....

I'm just a bit over us being disjointed and clueless in attack, however if the guys play with energy often that can be the difference. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 27 May 2020 7:17 AM
Mooloolabadog - 26 May 2020 10:24 PM

My guess is that they will get a timeline in the offseason, probably back sometime i  21/22.

I'd be surprised if they weren't back in NRL next season.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Whilst I see the logic of it, rotating players to future proof yourself should be left for the teams actually thinking of making top 4 and playing finals. 

With 0 from 2 and 18 games left we should be focused on winning games just to make the 8 rather than thinking about injuries.

We aren't in the shoes of the Roosters who will likely make the top 8 even after their slow start.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Steveswr33333 - 27 May 2020 8:53 AM
I wonder if the Eastern suburbs sprint trainer has any connection with any other Eastern Suburbs team.

I did think it was quite interesting that a professional sprint coach who trained both JAC and Xerri and all of a sudden Xerri starts to out sprint JAC, wouldnt figure out that something wasnt quite right.

Im no expert but you just dont find pace. Yes you can improve on technique but you must have raw speed and a body that isnt affected by muscle growth. 

As if this guy didnt know.....as if....
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 27 May 2020 1:23 PM

I did think it was quite interesting that a professional sprint coach who trained both JAC and Xerri and all of a sudden Xerri starts to out sprint JAC, wouldnt figure out that something wasnt quite right.

Im no expert but you just dont find pace. Yes you can improve on technique but you must have raw speed and a body that isnt affected by muscle growth. 

As if this guy didnt know.....as if....

With ASADA taking 6 months to bring this to the fore I wonder how many other players are implicated in this cheating.

Quite obvious it was delayed so they can go after others. 

There will be some nervous footballers out there....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 27 May 2020 1:18 PM

Whilst I see the logic of it, rotating players to future proof yourself should be left for the teams actually thinking of making top 4 and playing finals. 

With 0 from 2 and 18 games left we should be focused on winning games just to make the 8 rather than thinking about injuries.

We aren't in the shoes of the Roosters who will likely make the top 8 even after their slow start.

Thank you....
I will be jumping on the $8 for Rorters to miss the 8 straight away.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Im no expert 

You could put this on every post!!!...
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 27 May 2020 3:39 PM

You could put this on every post!!!...

Expertly suggested!
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 27 May 2020 8:21 PM
dman2018 - 27 May 2020 3:39 PM

Expertly suggested!

My opinions are based on the advice of my chief medical officer....
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 27 May 2020 8:22 PM
Marki - 27 May 2020 8:21 PM

My opinions are based on the advice of my chief medical officer....

Was wondering what Dr Dank was doing with his time... 
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

hounddog - 27 May 2020 9:42 AM

OK that sort of makes sense.. except we need a win badly... 

I can't see why a spine of JMK, Cogger, Lewis and DWZ will not be clunky, it has been clunky every other time..we maybe have Averillo on the bench to add some spark..

Cogger does look like he has been training hard...

Apart from the win/loss column, rotating early in the season, and trying different combinations makes sense....

I'm just a bit over us being disjointed and clueless in attack, however if the guys play with energy often that can be the difference. 

The players have been training on their own for a couple of months.  Some will have been more diligent than others.  Maybe this has influenced selections.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Mooloolabadog - 27 May 2020 10:39 PM
hounddog - 27 May 2020 9:42 AM

The players have been training on their own for a couple of months.  Some will have been more diligent than others.  Maybe this has influenced selections.

Dean Pay gathered all his players into a room and asked:

"Hands up those who believe I should be Head coach here next year?"

All players with the exception of Foran, Tolman, Stimson, CHN, Wakeham, Okunbor, JR, McCulloch and God himself, put their hands up.

Pay then dismissed them and picked his lineup for the game.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Manly is quite a tough game for us first up 2nd time around...

The have a physical pack of forwards and some strike with Tommy Turbo in the team, we will have to be good to stop their forwards making yards and getting offloads..

The flip side is they are good defensively, it isn't easy to make yards or score against them...

What I'm looking for is our side to stay in the physical contest for the full 80, that is the bare minimum requirement to have a chance of winning...

In sport, desire, hunger and team spirit can make up for a lack of size, power and skill. we will need plenty...  

What I like about a Pay coached side is they typically turn up with plenty of energy and effort, we will need that, and it may be enough...
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

To be specific, I think we need to play an up tempo game,  move the big Manly pack around, put them on their backs and drain their energy levels... then take our chances when we get them with accurate passes  and good kick for repeat sets or tries.... run plenty of traffic at DCE... kick to George T.

When defending up fast and scramble... put in the effort, make them work hard for points... stop the offloads, or make them force offloads...
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 28 May 2020 11:22 AM
To be specific, I think we need to play an up tempo game,  move the big Manly pack around, put them on their backs and drain their energy levels... then take our chances when we get them with accurate passes  and good kick for repeat sets or tries.... run plenty of traffic at DCE... kick to George T.

When defending up fast and scramble... put in the effort, make them work hard for points... stop the offloads, or make them force offloads...

How's this any different to any other game ?

How about we just try to win the game?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 28 May 2020 4:12 PM
hounddog - 28 May 2020 11:22 AM

How's this any different to any other game ?

How about we just try to win the game?

Stopping Manly forwards getting on top is a key this game, DCE and George T are the weak links we want to exploit..

Most games are similar and if the played the Broncos, the forwards would be even harder to handle..

Most upsets are built on energy and effort, most experts are giving us no chance this game... we really need to get everything right but in particular the energy levels to get a win.

Des has Manly fit, and motivated, and defending well, Des was always able to coach those attributes... Manly's attack comes from the quality of the squad...

It is a key game for us because 0-3 isn't a great start and if Manly forwards get well on top they will put a score on us, which is what the experts are predicting..
If we have energy and they are rusty, or over confident, that is our best shot..

Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
tony v_1
tony v_1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)

Manly are tipped 2 win by 18+ according 2 jack bylitth on 
zero tackle  great tipster he is I await & see what happens in the score 
scoop : the bulldogs will announce a centre / winger on Monday I’ll let you all guss it’s a rubbish signing I say I hope the hotdog man is wrong 
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

tony v_1 - 28 May 2020 5:06 PM
Manly are tipped 2 win by 18+ according 2 jack bylitth on 
zero tackle  great tipster he is I await & see what happens in the score 
scoop : the bulldogs will announce a centre / winger on Monday I’ll let you all guss it’s a rubbish signing I say I hope the hotdog man is wrong 

Is it that Ethan Parry kid from Parramatta big T?
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

#fakecrowd...
#fakeworld...
#fakenews...
#fakelife...

I fekking hate the fake crowd... it’s all that’s wrong with this world...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 28 May 2020 7:49 PM
tony v_1 - 28 May 2020 5:06 PM

Is it that Ethan Parry kid from Parramatta big T?

I  hope so, the fact that Big T doesn't rate him probably means a young talented kid.

I  hope it isn't a old hack.
Marki
Marki
World Class

dman2018 - 28 May 2020 8:35 PM
#fakecrowd...
#fakeworld...
#fakenews...
#fakelife...

I fekking hate the fake crowd... it’s all that’s wrong with this world...

Love the fake crowd.
I almost forgot there was no crowd in the background. Well done to Fox.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

BTW that trusted media source zero tackle saying Dutchy Holland to the UK.

Time for Dman and Dutchy to tie the knot and get used to warm beer. 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Just watching this game and the new 6 again rule and all I can say is if we thought we were going to struggle before, we will get slaughtered now.

I dont think this rule suits us at all.
In fact, some teams might purposely commit ruck infringements just to give us 6 again and give their team a breather while we run it out 1 man wide of ruck and flop at defenders.

tony v_1
tony v_1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)Hardcore Fan (262 reputation)

Nope Ethan perry who’s he ?
this guy is 32 or something like that coming back from
english super league fantastic goal kicker plays  centre 
wing & even played fullback but when I heard of his name
may as well keep Holland but was told not 2 put a name 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 28 May 2020 8:48 PM
Just watching this game and the new 6 again rule and all I can say is if we thought we were going to struggle before, we will get slaughtered now.

I dont think this rule suits us at all.
In fact, some teams might purposely commit ruck infringements just to give us 6 again and give their team a breather while we run it out 1 man wide of ruck and flop at defenders.

Good to see you are even more optimistic than normal.

A smaller side has to stay in the fight, fitness might work for them at the back end.

The game is a better style, less wrestle more action.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

tony v_1 - 28 May 2020 8:52 PM
Nope Ethan perry who’s he ?
this guy is 32 or something like that coming back from
english super league fantastic goal kicker plays  centre 
wing & even played fullback but when I heard of his name
may as well keep Holland but was told not 2 put a name 

Doesn't sound good.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search