FFA vows to block FFA V2.0 blueprint

FFA vows to block FFA V2.0 blueprint

Author
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Lurker - 7 Aug 2018 4:26 PM
PricklePear - 7 Aug 2018 4:07 PM

This has to be one of the most libelous and ill informed posts I have ever read on this forum.

You're new here then? Welcome.

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Its obvious the FFA have a vote of no confidence in the A League clubs with all the rules they have around salaries, player signings etc...

This is the organisation that suspended futsal for 12 months and found money for Cahill in the same budget saying the A League clubs wont act in the best interests of grassroots

This is the organisation that is looking to choose 2 clubs from a pool of 15 to top up the commercial side of the game and refuses to have a second division and an all inclusive pathway

Empty your wallets here and let us run the game

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe - 7 Aug 2018 4:44 PM
If we are suspended,what happens to the HAL players?They are playing in a blacklisted competition.

Nothing

It's not Blacklisted at all, I don't know where these things come from

They can still play

Still get paid

Still represent their country

Might be barred from ACL, but hey that's a bonus on the $$$$ 

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Aug 2018 4:55 PM

Nothing

It's not Blacklisted at all, I don't know where these things come from

They can still play

Still get paid

Still represent their country

Might be barred from ACL, but hey that's a bonus on the $$$$ 

That is incorrect. If we get suspended, we get suspended from playing International football.

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

RBBAnonymous - 7 Aug 2018 5:11 PM
Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Aug 2018 4:55 PM

That is incorrect. If we get suspended, we get suspended from playing International football.

Kinda, the point is that the HAL itself isn't effected

It doesn't effect the League and doesn't disqualify overseas players from their National Teams

It doesn't actually disqualify HAL Socceroos either, only in that they won't have fixtures to be selected for.

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ RBB

Correct. The players effectively become unregistered as far as FIFA is concerned so while the suspension is in force players cannot participate in FIFA sanction competitions eg Honda will not be allowed to participate in the Olympics

Most players will stay put as they have no choice or, in most cases, no reason to move as long as they’re getting paid but “sporting sanctions” is a reason to terminate a contract and is covered in FIFA regulations.

I’m not sure if there’s ever been a case like Australia’s to study, where most of the football community wants out of their FA lol ... I guess we’ll be charting new waters so maybe we are unique after all.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Aug 2018 5:18 PM
RBBAnonymous - 7 Aug 2018 5:11 PM

Kinda, the point is that the HAL itself isn't effected

It doesn't effect the League and doesn't disqualify overseas players from their National Teams

It doesn't actually disqualify HAL Socceroos either, only in that they won't have fixtures to be selected for.

I guess their could be a situation in which as a result of FIFA suspension, the APFCA could organise a strike of sorts.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
HeyItsRobbie - 7 Aug 2018 4:53 PM

i reckon it might collapse

I don't get why Lowy is so Doggett , so much so it's almost like he is  funneling money through the FFA and don't want to be found out.

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

ok ..all hype aside ...
facts...Member federations make  up 55% of the votes

Clubs A-League- 28%
PFA 7%
Womans Council 10%...ie all together they make up 45%

So even if the clubs ,PFA and Womans Council all agreed to vote together they still would not have enough to veto or win any vote. They would have to get two member federations to vote with them .(each has 6 votes )
I fail to see how Lowy can maintain that grassroots is disadvantaged here.....firstly member Federations are made up of grass roots and I would think a Womans Council would also be heavily grass roots oriented.
Am I missing something here ?

So Steven Lowy....what is your real problem ?

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

So this Steven Lowy letter to Judith Griggs (https://www.ffa.com.au/sites/ffa/files/2018-08/L2018%20-%20CRWG%20-%20Judith%20Griggs%20300718%20WEBSITE.pdf) is authored by Geetha Nair (https://au.linkedin.com/in/geetha-nair-b9a2547b). Good to see the FFA even use consultants to write their letters for them.

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Waz - 7 Aug 2018 5:20 PM
@ RBB Correct. The players effectively become unregistered as far as FIFA is concerned so while the suspension is in force players cannot participate in FIFA sanction competitions eg Honda will not be allowed to participate in the Olympics Most players will stay put as they have no choice or, in most cases, no reason to move as long as they’re getting paid but “sporting sanctions” is a reason to terminate a contract and is covered in FIFA regulations. I’m not sure if there’s ever been a case like Australia’s to study, where most of the football community wants out of their FA lol ... I guess we’ll be charting new waters so maybe we are unique after all.

Honda has retired from International football

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

There is a suggestion that pro members of the congress ,being in a majority can sack the FFA board if they want.Then it's goodbye Lowy.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

I've gotta say in my entire life I have never uncounted or seen anything like what Steven Lowy is doing.

It seems the entire Football community is behind this, and Lowy says he will fight....

Why and how is !@$%#@!@@ 

He seems to think he can out smart FIFA using Australian Law but as everyone is pointing out FIFA can suspend us and my guess he has a plan for that as well by taking his case to the international sporting court [whatever its name is].

This is amazing no one wants suspension, the after effects will be fell for years... and he simply stands there and says so what ... this is all down to one man Footballs fate is in the hands of one fools hands...

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
bluebird - 7 Aug 2018 5:24 PM

Honda has retired from International football

He's retired from the senior NT so no Asian Cup, but he's on the record that he wants a home Olympics to be his last hurrah.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-olympics-2020-honda/olympics-japans-honda-eyeing-tokyo-2020-idukkbn1ko0ai

City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

@ RBB Correct. The players effectively become unregistered as far as FIFA is concerned so while the suspension is in force players cannot participate in FIFA sanction competitions eg Honda will not be allowed to participate in the Olympics Most players will stay put as they have no choice or, in most cases, no reason to move as long as they’re getting paid but “sporting sanctions” is a reason to terminate a contract and is covered in FIFA regulations. I’m not sure if there’s ever been a case like Australia’s to study, where most of the football community wants out of their FA lol ... I guess we’ll be charting new waters so maybe we are unique after all.

Seriously? So international players can't even play for their national teams if we were to be suspended? 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

1 month to D-Day. 

I guess its all going to be dragged down together...
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

City Sam - 7 Aug 2018 5:36 PM

Seriously? So international players can't even play for their national teams if we were to be suspended? 

Australians playing in the A-league and Australians playing overseas wont be playing International football. I am not sure about International players playing in the A-league ie Kosta Barbarouses for New Zealand Etc. 

Edited
6 Years Ago by RBBAnonymous
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Sources please

You're saying Messi & Ronaldo would have been unable to go to the World Cup if Spain were suspended ?

and are the Olympics a FIFA comp ?

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

PricklePear - 7 Aug 2018 4:07 PM
There has to be a more sinister reason why they are pushing so hard. Are they that stubborn to ruin Aus football?

Me thinks that the Lowys are using FFA for tax write-offs and also using the FFA to send money overseas to their 'mates'

Release your accounting books Steven so I can be proven wrong!

There are probably more effective ways of doing this than through the FFA.

I think its simply about power/control. 
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro

Buggalugs 2.0 - 7 Aug 2018 5:45 PM

Sources please

Source FIFA Statutes Article 14

The Congress is responsible for suspending a Member. The Executive
Committee may, however, suspend a Member that seriously violates its
obligations as a Member with immediate effect. The suspension shall last
until the next Congress, unless the Executive Committee has lifted it in the
meantime.
A suspension shall be confirmed at the next Congress by a three-quarter
majority of the Members present and eligible to vote. If it is not confirmed, the
suspension is automatically lifted.
A suspended Member shall lose its membership rights. Other Members may
not entertain sporting contact with a suspended Member.
The Disciplinary
Committee may impose further sanctions.
Members which do not participate in at least two of all FIFA competitions
over a period of four consecutive years shall be suspended from voting at the
Congress until they have fulfilled their obligations in this respect.

RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro

Sources please

You're saying Messi & Ronaldo would have been unable to go to the World Cup if Spain were suspended ?

and are the Olympics a FIFA comp ?

I am not sure which is why I posed the question about Barbarouses. 

Burztur
Burztur
World Class

RBBAnonymous - 7 Aug 2018 5:51 PM

Source FIFA Statutes Article 14

The Congress is responsible for suspending a Member. The Executive
Committee may, however, suspend a Member that seriously violates its
obligations as a Member with immediate effect. The suspension shall last
until the next Congress, unless the Executive Committee has lifted it in the
meantime.
A suspension shall be confirmed at the next Congress by a three-quarter
majority of the Members present and eligible to vote. If it is not confirmed, the
suspension is automatically lifted.
A suspended Member shall lose its membership rights. Other Members may
not entertain sporting contact with a suspended Member.
The Disciplinary
Committee may impose further sanctions.
Members which do not participate in at least two of all FIFA competitions
over a period of four consecutive years shall be suspended from voting at the
Congress until they have fulfilled their obligations in this respect.

I think that means FAs can't talk to the suspended FA. Not the players. Member = FAs.

Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

So I guess out of all of this, the big question is whether we thing the Socceroos can take Karpatalja?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ConIFA_World_Football_Cup

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

We'll see if Waz comes back with anything coherent

He usually doesn't

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

After a few years of every attempt at HAL reform being cockblocked by Gallop and Co in the name of "finding a new operating model for the aleague", FFA comes out now and says their main opposition to the CRWG proposal is an independent HAL. Well fuck me sideways, who'd have thought we were being lied to for years by FFA. 
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

I have spoken to many football fans around different grounds and all are anti FFA. I have also read many comments on this issue and I am yet to see someone sticking up for the FFA on this issue that is harming football so badly. How can Lowy & Co have the nerve to think they are right and it appears everyone else is wrong. Cannot wait to see the end of this rabble out of the game for good.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

FNSW had some analysis breaking down the FFA and Club proposals late last year. Does anyone have a link to that?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Poor Honda just walked in on a hot mess haha

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Burztur - 7 Aug 2018 7:00 PM
FNSW had some analysis breaking down the FFA and Club proposals late last year. Does anyone have a link to that?

It was pretty poor in that it compared both views but didn't point out that neither complied with FIFA requirements.
Burztur
Burztur
World Class

I just want to compare the % control under the FFA proposal to see what they deem to be acceptable (at least publicly).
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search