Australia vs India ODI Series

Australia vs India ODI Series

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RedKat - 15 Jan 2019 3:09 PM
Need to copy the template England have and hit big early. 

Tried that..Finch is in sad form. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Finch may still be in the box seat to lead us in the WC.. but if his recent form was the criteria for selection he would be the first omitted. He is sadly out of form. In his last 8 limited overs he has registered 7,27,0,28,6,6. Add his poor Test returns of  0,50,2,11,8,3 and his last few months amount to disaster with the World Cup just a short time away. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Where are our wicket takers today? India is cruising. We should have played Zampa not Lyon.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Edited
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 15 Jan 2019 8:17 PM
Hope CA is not thinking that Marshs white ball form has him primed for an Ashes berth. 

CA selectors don't seem to realize that each form of the game is different
finch and the marsh brothers are decent at ODI
finch is excellent at 2020

they are poor at test (and the marsh brothers are poor at 2020)
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 16 Jan 2019 4:02 AM
baggygreenmania - 15 Jan 2019 8:17 PM

CA selectors don't seem to realize that each form of the game is different
finch and the marsh brothers are decent at ODI
finch is excellent at 2020

they are poor at test (and the marsh brothers are poor at 2020)

Dhoni and Kohli were too good. They are masters at this format.  Lyon wicketless and conceding more than 50 each game. Siddle one wicket in two matches and conceding 6 runs an over. Surely they wont be picked for the WC. I want Tye in the mix. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Carey out cheaply again. Hes not an ODI opener and should be down at 7

ARNIE= LEGEND

Edited
5 Years Ago by RedKat
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

6/162 after 35 overs...
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

230 all out...
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

Australia needs a miracle here...

They're not on India's level... even in Australia...

Pray for some rain or wickets to make this a contest that Aus can win...
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 18 Jan 2019 7:39 PM
Australia needs a miracle here...

They're not on India's level... even in Australia...

Pray for some rain or wickets to make this a contest that Aus can win...

Maxwell handed India the series when he dropped Dhoni before troubling the scorers.
Edited
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 9:23 PM
Paddles - 18 Jan 2019 7:39 PM

Maxwell handed India the series when he dropped Dhoni before troubling the scorers.

Maybe - but Australia sucking goes deeper than India's batting...

Aussie no chance at the world cup even when oh so slow Smith and and Prayer Warner return... just useless right now...

The Aus ODI team is a joke - I think Bangladesh will roll Aus... tbh...

Australia have fallen so far behind since the last world cup it's not funny...

Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

Humiliating from Australia - clearly have no idea to win without ball tampering...
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

We need a team that can go hard for 50 overs. Only room for one accumulator to anchor the innings

Warner
Lynn
Smith/Khawaja/S Marsh/Handscomb
Short
Maxwell
M Marsh/Stoinis
Faulkner
Carey/Paine/Wade/??
Starc
Cummins/Richardson/??
Zampa

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 3:22 AM
We need a team that can go hard for 50 overs. Only room for one accumulator to anchor the innings

Warner
Lynn
Short
Maxwell
M Marsh/Stoinis
Faulkner
Carey/Paine/Wade/??
Starc
Cummins/Richardson/??
Zampa

Shaun Marsh has 4 centuries and 1 50 in his last 9 matches, I think he must bat at 3 and the team built around him.
Warner and Smith both have injured elbows and both might not be able to play when their ban ends.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Test_Fan - 19 Jan 2019 4:55 AM

Shaun Marsh has 4 centuries and 1 50 in his last 9 matches, I think he must bat at 3 and the team built around him.
Warner and Smith both have injured elbows and both might not be able to play when their ban ends.

Warners 2020 form has been ok and his ODI career is impressive I'd take a punt on him

Its certainly incredible but S Marsh does indeed look the best accumulator option above even smith. If Smith knew his job was to bat at 65 strike rate until the end (but still only around 100) I reckon he could be world class anchor
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 8:41 AM
Test_Fan - 19 Jan 2019 4:55 AM

Warners 2020 form has been ok and his ODI career is impressive I'd take a punt on him

Its certainly incredible but S Marsh does indeed look the best accumulator option above even smith. If Smith knew his job was to bat at 65 strike rate until the end (but still only around 100) I reckon he could be world class anchor

Certainly would select Warner to open but he needs to be fit. Smith has had surgery and is going to be in a brace for 6 weeks then will need rehabilitation. Warner could be in for something similar.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Warner
Lynn
Short
Maxwell
M Marsh/Stoinis
Faulkner
Carey/Paine/Wade/??
Starc
Cummins/Richardson/??
Zampa

I have to agree SOS has earned his spot. Has Maxwell.. 85 runs..nothing significant with the ball and dropped the catch that handed India this series. Had a huge chance to smash open the open and only blew against it. Handscomb is far more reliable. 

I would love to agree about Faulkner but he has dropped off CA's radar. How is he travelling in the BBL?  Are Stoinis or Mitch Marsh better?

Only room for one of the bruise brothers. My vote goes to Lynn .. In place of Short I want  McDermott. He has a more solid technique than either of those other two and is untapped talent. I want him to play in some of the lead in ODIs to make his case.

As for the WC keeper, Carey is the Test heir apparent..along with Jimmy Peirson.  Keep him for that. Timmy and Wade both bring experience to the table. Both have similar ODI records.. Timmy gets my vote as the superior keeper.
Edited
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 10:35 AM

I have to agree SOS has earned his spot. Has Maxwell.. 85 runs..nothing significant with the ball and dropped the catch that handed India this series. Had a huge chance to smash open the open and only blew against it. Handscomb is far more reliable. 

I would love to agree about Faulkner but he has dropped off CA's radar. How is he travelling in the BBL?  Are Stoinis or Mitch Marsh better?

Only room for one of the bruise brothers. My vote goes to Lynn .. In place of Short I want  McDermott. He has a more solid technique than either of those other two and is untapped talent. I want him to play in some of the lead in ODIs to make his case.

As for the WC keeper, Carey is the Test heir apparent..along with Jimmy Peirson.  Keep him for that. Timmy and Wade both bring experience to the table. Both have similar ODI records.. Timmy gets my vote as the superior keeper.

maxwell averaging over 40 at a strikerate near 150 for the series is excellent to go with his career record. One of the first chosen. You can't work your way to 280 anymore you need to wack your way to 350

Why only one Bruise brother? Mcdermott looks exciting as a test player but his List A strike rate is in the 80s. No where near quick enough

Faulkner has been decent with bat and ball this BBL
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 11:10 AM
baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 10:35 AM

maxwell averaging over 40 at a strikerate near 150 for the series is excellent to go with his career record. One of the first chosen. You can't work your way to 280 anymore you need to wack your way to 350

Why only one Bruise brother? Mcdermott looks exciting as a test player but his List A strike rate is in the 80s. No where near quick enough

Faulkner has been decent with bat and ball this BBL

A strike rate in the 80s is good. Means he has the game to steady things. He also has the game to murder an attack. Can we say the same of Maxwell or Lynn or Short. Players with two gears in limited overs are like gold dust. To me Maxwell is like the Durocell man.. when in full flite he is terrific.. all too often he is like the run down battery man. grazor how about we agree to disagree over Maxwell. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:34 AM

A strike rate in the 80s is good. Means he has the game to steady things. He also has the game to murder an attack. Can we say the same of Maxwell or Lynn or Short. Players with two gears in limited overs are like gold dust. To me Maxwell is like the Durocell man.. when in full flite he is terrific.. all too often he is like the run down battery man. grazor how about we agree to disagree over Maxwell. 

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 18 Jan 2019 11:49 PM
Humiliating from Australia - clearly have no idea to win without ball tampering...

I take offence at that
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Paddles - 18 Jan 2019 9:49 PM
baggygreenmania - 18 Jan 2019 9:23 PM

Maybe - but Australia sucking goes deeper than India's batting...

Aussie no chance at the world cup even when oh so slow Smith and and Prayer Warner return... just useless right now...

The Aus ODI team is a joke - I think Bangladesh will roll Aus... tbh...

Australia have fallen so far behind since the last world cup it's not funny...

Whats your answer. Choose hitters like England?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:34 AM

A strike rate in the 80s is good. 

A strike rate of 80 means you are averaging 240+extras as a team

will win you the 1994 world cup but the short form of the game has changed faster than Australia has
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:45 AM
Paddles - 18 Jan 2019 9:49 PM

Whats your answer. Choose hitters like England?

How about this for a WC Top 6.
Short
Warner
Lynn
Maxwell
Finch
Mitch Marsh
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:50 AM
baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:45 AM

How about this for a WC Top 6.
Short
Warner
Lynn
Maxwell
Finch
Mitch Marsh

That would actually be more aggressive than England who have 1 player under 100 strike rate to anchor the innings. Who are your bottom 5
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

How decent has Faulkner been? I recall what a versatile limited overs player he once was. No reason why he can not have the same influence again. His skillset should suit English conditions. 
Seems he has not lost that finishing ability.
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/match-report/perth-scorchers-hobart-hurricanes-perth-stadium-bbl-big-bash-league-short-wade-bancroft-highlights/2019-01-18
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 11:55 AM
baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 11:50 AM

That would actually be more aggressive than England who have 1 player under 100 strike rate to anchor the innings. Who are your bottom 5

You kidding. I would never pick that side. Perhaps for T20.

My keeper is in the top 6.
Starc
J Richardson
Hazlewood (if fit).
Winter or Worrall
Tye.
Zampa to replace a quick.
Edited
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 12:01 PM
grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 11:55 AM

You kidding. I would never pick that side. Perhaps for T20.

My keeper is in the top 6.
Starc
J Richardson
Hazlewood (if fit).
Winter or Worrall
Tye.

who is your side?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

grazorblade - 19 Jan 2019 12:23 PM
baggygreenmania - 19 Jan 2019 12:01 PM

who is your side?

Warner
Lynn
Smith
Marsh
Handscomb
Stoinis/Marsh/Maxwell/Turner.

McDermott as reserve.
GO