[POLL- fixed] Do you care about New Zealand Football?

Poll

29.17% - 21 votes Yes i care
29.17% 21 votes
70.83% - 51 votes No i dont
70.83% 51 votes
Member Votes: 72, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I copied and pasted it the wrong way tried to fix it but the forum edit wouldnt let me change it around so i re-posted the poll made the answer simple do you care about Nz football? 

For me i honestly could give a single f**k i only support them in the sense having a NZ team in the HAL does add an extra club but i personally think TV and branding money should only be split between Aussie clubs and the Skysports NZ deal should go to the Nix no AUSTRALIAN or FFA Money should support anything NZ because the NZ FA and wide NZ community give barely anything to football 

We have limited resources and i honestly dont understand why we would support NZ in any way - i think there participation in the HAL is taken forgranted and the Nz Government/FA should be pouring money into there only professional club 

I dont have anything against the Nix if they can self sustain with NZ support im all for it and if NZ FA wanted to give them loads of money to make them a super power in the league im all for it! because it helps Australia but in regards to us supporting them in ANYWAY other then allowing them to participate i dont support it. 

I WOULD support another NZ based team to grow the league assuming it was totally funded by NZ and the NZ FA 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
5 Years Ago by Davstar
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Nope, time to kick Nix out already.
Edited
5 Years Ago by WSF
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Couldn't careless. 

Imagine caring and hoping a world cup rivalry does well. We don't care about indonesia or China.  Why is NZ different?

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

How many years has this shark been going on now 15 or so years.
Get over it.  

Clear Contact There

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Should have 4 options 

1. Aussie and care
2. Aussie and don’t care 
3. NZ and care
4. NZ and don’t care

nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Australia needs Wellington more then Wellington needs Australia.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

The only reason I'd care about NZ football is IF it boosts Australian football. But that "if" is questionable at best.
CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Not really. Why should I care more about NZ football any more than English, German, Egyptian or Fijian football. They had the chance to join Australia in 1900 and chose not to, so they’re just another country like all others. If we can make a dollar out of them, then sure, but that’s not the case. 
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Id prefer to say that i care about the nix and any other nz pro team that was in the a-league rather than caring around their football system/ national team. 

There area dozens of clubs across the world that play in foreign leagues,  though this arguement doesn't need to be hashed out again, what's the problem with more professional teams in the a-league. nz is very unlikely to have a fully professional league anytime soon.  So maybe time to move on. 
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

scubaroo - 10 Aug 2019 3:11 PM
There area dozens of clubs across the world that play in foreign leagues,  though this arguement doesn't need to be hashed out again, what's the problem with more professional teams in the a-league. 

Not sure whether there are "dozens" of clubs in foreign leagues, but how many are from different federations?  I would venture not many.  THAT'S the real problem with having a NZ team in the A-League.

I'm Aussie and I don't care about NZ football.  At all.  I don't think they should have a team in the A-League (let alone two as some have mentioned), but I'm not outraged by it or anything. 
The one concession I would make is that I do barrack for them in the World Cup finals when they are in (just doing the neighbourly thing), as long as it's not to Australia's detriment. 
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

WSF - 10 Aug 2019 9:53 AM
Nope, time to kick Nix out already.

Why?? What harm do they cause??

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Aug 2019 4:19 PM
WSF - 10 Aug 2019 9:53 AM

Why?? What harm do they cause??

Are you serious? 
jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

The real question is, should NZ be forced to join the AFC to justify Wellington's existence in the A League? 
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

jeggohouse - 10 Aug 2019 4:29 PM
The real question is, should NZ be forced to join the AFC to justify Wellington's existence in the A League? 

AFC don’t want them. 

West Asia already feels we are taking one of their WC spots. Why would they want another country that would be a contender.

Likewise, when WC goes larger and OFC get an automatic spot- Why would NZ want to leave?
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

About as much as I care for the Australian NPL.
ie, not much.
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro

WSF - 10 Aug 2019 4:21 PM
BrisbaneBhoy - 10 Aug 2019 4:19 PM

Are you serious? 

I don't understand why you would want to make the league have even less teams as it already has.  The league needs more teams, not less.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

Yeah.  More Australian teams.
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

How about a new poll, who's sick of this senseless discussion?

Edited
5 Years Ago by RyanM
jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

scott20won - 10 Aug 2019 4:32 PM
jeggohouse - 10 Aug 2019 4:29 PM

AFC don’t want them. 

West Asia already feels we are taking one of their WC spots. Why would they want another country that would be a contender.

Likewise, when WC goes larger and OFC get an automatic spot- Why would NZ want to leave?

I'm well aware of this. The point I was making is that despite NZ not being welcome in Asia, the AFC continues to let one of its members' top flight professional league operate with a team from a non-member country. Seeing as WP are unable to compete in the ACL to begin with, surely it would just make more sense for the AFC to simply kick WP out? I'm not necessarily saying I would be in support of this idea, but as others have stated, it is extremely unusual for a club to be able to compete in a foreign confederation in the first place.   
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Big soft spot for the Kiwis. It's nice when one of their players makes a good move or when they get a good international result or when they pack out a stadium for a WCQ or something.  It's nice to see. 
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

I would like to rehash the idea of having a Oceania team in the A-League playing out of New Caledonia. 

Wellington Phoenix FC

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

How about expanding the FFA by absorbing OFC nations as member feds once the OFC goes into liquidation?

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

I care, i /we had a great time going to watch SFC there in 2015.
Josh
Josh
Pro

In all honesty I don’t care much for the New Zealand FA. 
that being said I care for the nix. They are welcome in the league but as previously stated they need to sort some of their shit out. 
That being said, they seem to give young aussies more of a chance than a lot of other Aussie teams 
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan

Can anyone name one other club in world football that doesn't play in their own country's  federation?
Not having a go (maybe I am), but I am genuinely interested to know.
I think Wellington are to only club in the world in that situation.  Happy to be proven wrong. 
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Champagne Football - 11 Aug 2019 9:52 AM
Can anyone name one other club in world football that doesn't play in their own country's  federation?
Not having a go (maybe I am), but I am genuinely interested to know.
I think Wellington are to only club in the world in that situation.  Happy to be proven wrong. 

Not regular season, but countries like New Caledonia can have their teams qualify for both the Oceania Champions league and Europe.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

When it comes to the HAL, what I want is as many good competitive teams as possible. Unfortunately without P&R, there is no organic way in which we can ensure the top level has the best teams. Confederation issues aside, personally I don't really care if one of those clubs is from NZ as long as they are taking it seriously and are being properly and consistently competitive. Now that independence is confirmed, whether people like it or not, the Nix are here to stay for the foreseeable future. That means they no longer have the cloud of an uncertain future hanging over their heads. That means there are no more excuses, they need to start investing in their club. They put in a respectable performance last season, they need to match or exceed that performance this season. With their future confirmed, hopefully their fan base can also start some steady growth and fans can feel confident investing in their club.
Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan

someguyjc - 11 Aug 2019 10:28 AM
When it comes to the HAL, what I want is as many good competitive teams as possible. Unfortunately without P&R, there is no organic way in which we can ensure the top level has the best teams. Confederation issues aside, personally I don't really care if one of those clubs is from NZ as long as they are taking it seriously and are being properly and consistently competitive. Now that independence is confirmed, whether people like it or not, the Nix are here to stay for the foreseeable future. That means they no longer have the cloud of an uncertain future hanging over their heads. That means there are no more excuses, they need to start investing in their club. They put in a respectable performance last season, they need to match or exceed that performance this season. With their future confirmed, hopefully their fan base can also start some steady growth and fans can feel confident investing in their club.

Their future confirmed??
Right up until FIFA/AFC put a stop to it.
nomates
nomates
World Class

This season Nix will cum last due to rebuilding, but the season after this one we should be heading for a top 4 finish.

Wellington Phoenix FC

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search