[POLL- fixed] Do you care about New Zealand Football?

Poll

29.17% - 21 votes Yes i care
29.17% 21 votes
70.83% - 51 votes No i dont
70.83% 51 votes
Member Votes: 72, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
A.Haak
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
WSF - 13 Aug 2019 1:26 PM
Bullion - 13 Aug 2019 1:07 PM

Its funny seeing more kiwis in this thread or the Singh one instead of talking in their own club thread, talk about pissing in the wind. 

Start a thread with the title 'Do you care about WSW?' and see if any WSW fans turn up to defend the club. I'd assume yes. Much better than apathy..

Lots of other places where Nix fans discuss; this would be one of the last because it's so fucking toxic all of the time. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by A.Haak
Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Its funny seeing more kiwis in this thread or the Singh one instead of talking in their own club thread, talk about pissing in the wind. 

There are far better and more productive sites to discuss club news than here.

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 13 Aug 2019 2:45 PM
quickflick - 13 Aug 2019 10:05 AM

I'd say Australia's qualifying path is more significantly difficult these days considering the vast improvement & $$$$ by other teams in the AFC compared to other teams in Oceania.  

But Asia gets 4.5 spots. Oceania gets 0.5 spots. No direct qualification??? Still much harder for in Oceania due to that bloody play-off.

There’s a reason that Australia went 32 years between qualifying for World Cups. Meanwhile, since joining the AFC it has been the opposite so far.

When you consider all that, it’s untenable to say that our qualification pathway is currently more difficult than NZ’s pathway. Never mind how much money there is in Asia...
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Champagne Football - 13 Aug 2019 4:29 PM
petszk - 13 Aug 2019 4:19 PM

Once again, the French Cup is just that, a cup competition, not a domestic season-long league.
You are clutching at straws, my friend.

Did your original question include the term "season-long league", or are you just shifting the goal posts?

Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

petszk - 13 Aug 2019 4:19 PM
Champagne Football - 12 Aug 2019 3:26 PM

The clubs I'm talking about are members of the CONCACAF, CAF and OFC confederations.
And yet they are allowed compete in a French competition, which is part of UEFA.
So there you go - an example of teams other than Wellington Phoenix who compete in a different confederation.

Oh, and to answer your original question with another question;
Can anyone name one other club in world football that doesn't play in their own country's federation?"

Can YOU name a club that doesn't play in their own country's confederation?
Because Wellington Phoenix do have a team that plays in the NZ championship.

Once again, the French Cup is just that, a cup competition, not a domestic season-long league.
You are clutching at straws, my friend.
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Champagne Football - 12 Aug 2019 3:26 PM
petszk - 12 Aug 2019 2:54 PM

The clubs you are talking about are all from French territories, dude!  The people from those territories are eligible for French citizenship. 

Is NZ an Australian territory?  Last time I checked, they weren't. 

The clubs I'm talking about are members of the CONCACAF, CAF and OFC confederations.
And yet they are allowed compete in a French competition, which is part of UEFA.
So there you go - an example of teams other than Wellington Phoenix who compete in a different confederation.

Oh, and to answer your original question with another question;
Can anyone name one other club in world football that doesn't play in their own country's federation?"

Can YOU name a club that doesn't play in their own country's confederation?
Because Wellington Phoenix do have a team that plays in the NZ championship.

Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Lots of talk about  FFA Governace, Matildas, A-league, and the continued Nix Out drama from many. Also NZF governance and Making Change at NZF.

Clear Contact There

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 13 Aug 2019 8:58 AM

As far as I’m concerned, if NZ qualify for the World Cup via one of the most difficult pathways while Australia don’t qualify, despite having one of the two easiest pathways, good luck to NZ.

I'd say Australia's qualifying path is more significantly difficult these days considering the vast improvement & $$$$ by other teams in the AFC compared to other teams in Oceania.  
jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

Burztur - 13 Aug 2019 12:52 PM
aok - 13 Aug 2019 11:18 AM

This. Half the hate would be gone if this was applied.

Pretty much. 
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

New poll?

Do FFA/APFCA care if 442 members care about NZ Football?

5 pages of pissing in the wind.

Bullion
Bullion
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

New poll?

Do FFA/APFCA care if 442 members care about NZ Football?

5 pages of pissing in the wind.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

aok - 13 Aug 2019 11:18 AM
BrisbaneBhoy - 13 Aug 2019 10:43 AM

Possibly, but then their squad should also be reflective of every Aus team (ie Kiwis counted as foreigners)

This. Half the hate would be gone if this was applied.
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

NZ Football has no real impact on me so I some particularly care one way or another - I'll admit when I watch their WC games I'm definitely in their corner but I'm not a passionate fan by any means. With that being said I think booting the Nix from the HAL will be detrimental in the league's current state (reinforcing the 'current state' bit here) - like it or not, at the very least they are an established team in the competition and we need more teams, not less. I'm skeptical to think that there are a flurry of new Aussie teams that can jump in immediately. In the more mid-to-long term I absolutely want more Aussie teams and I do believe it is a matter of 'when' and not 'if' but I want those teams to be stronger than the Nix and not just introduced in their place for the sake of it. 

jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

RyanM - 12 Aug 2019 3:57 PM
jeggohouse - 12 Aug 2019 2:28 PM

FIFA are pro the Nix, there was a transcript from a board meeting flowing around about it.

Also, there is no confederation issue. You say don't make stuff up to normalise the Phoenix's inclusion, the other side of that coin is don't make up stuff to justify removing them (which won't happen).

This discussion is pointless, the Phoenix are part owners of the league and are here long term.

Link to that transcript if possible?

Obviously they need to be approved by FIFA to play in a different confederation, but that was a decision undoubtedly made much easier by the FFA, OFC and AFC already giving them the green light. I should've worded it differently, but I meant "pro-Wellington" in the terms of FIFA showing a high level of enthusiasm towards them playing in an AFC league.

No confederation issue? So why aren't they eligible for the ACL? 

Yeah, WP are here and aren't going anywhere any time soon. But it doesn't mean that people can't scrutinize their inclusion. I do agree that this has become a fairly pointless discussion though.

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 13 Aug 2019 10:43 AM
Didn't someone post the [FACT] that Wellington is an Australian (registered) team (based in NZ), and not a New Zealand (nor OFC) team, anyways?? The rest is pretty much moot.

Possibly, but then their squad should also be reflective of every Aus team (ie Kiwis counted as foreigners)
WSF
WSF
Pro

nomates - 13 Aug 2019 10:52 AM

New Zealand All Whites on paper have a far superior team then the Socceroos. 

Oh dear god :laugh:
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

As far as I’m concerned, if NZ qualify for the World Cup via one of the most difficult pathways while Australia don’t qualify, despite having one of the two easiest pathways, good luck to NZ.

New Zealand All Whites on paper have a far superior team then the Socceroos. 

Wellington Phoenix FC

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Didn't someone post the [FACT] that Wellington is an Australian (registered) team (based in NZ), and not a New Zealand (nor OFC) team, anyways?? The rest is pretty much moot.

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

So will you all be so solicitous & caring about New Zealand Football when they qualify for the next World Cup & we don't ?    

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

redsfan - 13 Aug 2019 9:01 AM
i do, but then i believe NZ should become a State of Australia.

Consistent.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

redsfan - 13 Aug 2019 9:01 AM

:hehe::laugh:

redsfan
redsfan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

So will you all be so solicitous & caring about New Zealand Football when they qualify for the next World Cup & we don't ?    
quickflick
quickflick
World Class

Champagne Football - 11 Aug 2019 1:19 PM
quickflick - 11 Aug 2019 1:10 PM

WTF are you talking about?
Wales and England are in the same confederation (UEFA).
USA and Canada are in the same confederation (CONCACAF).

Australia (AFC) and NZ (OFC) are not in the same confederation. That is unusual.  In fact, unique it appears.

Fair enough. The thing is... you wrote ‘their own country’s federation’. Forgive me for understanding what you wrote according to its literal meaning.

But it appears now that you understand you meant the ‘confederation’ to which the country’s federation belongs.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

When I remember the Pheonix rising from the ashes, those were the best and golen years for football when the NZ finally made it into the A-League after just 2 years of the A-League being invented. I have no idea why the fuck they decided to put this team in the league, but its gone complete down hill like a barrel of shit every since.

Maybe they shouldn't have been in the league to start with ?

RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro

jeggohouse - 12 Aug 2019 2:28 PM
This is a tired argument. I accept like most others that the Nix are here for the foreseeable future, but let's not make stuff up to try and justify/normalize their inclusion. No one has actually yet provided an example of another club playing in a full-length, season-long domestic league competition that is from another CONfederation (not federation!). Cup competitions/invitational tournaments are not the same thing as a domestic league competition. Also, FIFA's total and utter indifference to Australian football hardly equates to "FIFA are pro-Wellington playing in a different confederation". If the AFC decided to really kick up a massive stink about WP being in the HAL (which isn't out of the realms of possibility, as they're ineligible for the ACL, and their is already a fair bit of resentment from the rest of Asia towards us "non-Asians" anyway), FIFA wouldn't hesitate to promptly kick them out. 

FIFA are pro the Nix, there was a transcript from a board meeting flowing around about it.

Also, there is no confederation issue. You say don't make stuff up to normalise the Phoenix's inclusion, the other side of that coin is don't make up stuff to justify removing them (which won't happen).

This discussion is pointless, the Phoenix are part owners of the league and are here long term.

Edited
5 Years Ago by RyanM
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

Blew.2 - 12 Aug 2019 3:50 PM
nomates - 12 Aug 2019 3:32 PM

NoMates wants his very own Wooden Spoon.

He gets spanked on this forum everyday. 
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

nomates - 12 Aug 2019 3:32 PM
You know what I like about all of this, and its fact - Is that Wellington get to say YES or NO to a Canberra HAL team. So NZF have a say on who can compete in a Australian league now that's funny and sad but good all at once.

NoMates wants his very own Wooden Spoon.

Clear Contact There

nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
You know what I like about all of this, and its fact - Is that Wellington get to say YES or NO to a Canberra HAL team. So NZF have a say on who can compete in a Australian league now that's funny and sad but good all at once.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Champagne Football
Champagne Football
Super Fan
Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)Super Fan (170 reputation)

petszk - 12 Aug 2019 2:54 PM
Champagne Football - 12 Aug 2019 2:00 PM

The French cup isn't a domestic competition?

The clubs you are talking about are all from French territories, dude!  The people from those territories are eligible for French citizenship. 

Is NZ an Australian territory?  Last time I checked, they weren't. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search