Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Author
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

T20Is

October 27 -Australia vs Sri Lanka at Adelaide

October 30 -Australia vs Sri Lanka at Brisbane

November 1 -Australia vs Sri Lanka at Melbourne

November 3 -Australia vs Pakistan at Sydney

November 5 -Australia vs Pakistan at Canberra

November 8 – Australia Pakistan at Perth

Tests

November 21-25 – Australia Pakistan at Brisbane

November 29-December 3 – Australia vs Pakistan at Adelaide (day/night)

Weird lil Sri Lankan tour for just 3 t20's. But everyone wants a warmup before world t20 next season. SL's best spinner has been banned for a year, so they should be easy beats with no basically no recognised t20 batting to speak of right now. Malinga might turn 1 game at most.

Pakistan are more of a threat in the t20 version of the game, with some interesting players to follow. Imad Wasim - with amazing ODI numbers, is basically a noone on the cricket earth, starved of recognition and attention. He has yet to click with the bat in t20 despite average over 42 at nearly 110SR in ODI, but him and Shadhab may cause some issues with the ball. Shame there are no ODI games for Pakistan. Babar Azam is their batsman to watch out for. He has been crushing both forms of white ball for a while now, averaging over 50 in both formats.

These are some serious t20i numbers for a player who has never been allowed to play IPL:

Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Ordered by default (ascending)
Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Career averages
SpanMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s
overall2016-201930307124797*54.21967128.95010012418Profile
Career summary
v Australia2018-201833116368*81.50139117.26020132view innings
v England2016-2019221806580.0053150.9401073view innings
v New Zealand2018-20186612357947.00195120.51020194view innings
v South Africa2019-20193301519050.3396157.29010212view innings
v Sri Lanka2017-20173313634*18.004187.8000020view innings
v West Indies2016-20181010340397*57.57322125.15030425view innings
v World-XI2017-20173301798659.66121147.93010202view innings

in England2016-2019221806580.0053150.9401073view innings
in New Zealand2018-201833110950*54.5087125.2801072view innings
in Pakistan2017-201877237897*75.60263143.72030443view innings
in South Africa2019-20193301519050.3396157.29010212view innings
in U.A.E.2016-2018111133927949.00336116.66040346view innings
in West Indies2017-20174401374334.25132103.78000112view innings
A rare talent indeed. He will look to continue this rise. Pakistan often play a lot of allrounders, despite Hafeez and Malik rarely bowling, nor new guy Hussein Talat, so they do need Babar to continue to fire a bit if they wish to repeat the 3-0 they did to Aus last year where he was man of the series. The top order can be brittle, but Imad, Shadhab and Faheem at 9 - if he plays over Shinawari/Afridi have the ability to more than wag.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Again, thanks for posting this, Paddles.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Decentric - 25 Sep 2019 9:02 AM
Again, thanks for posting this, Paddles.

Coming all this way for three T20s is ludicrous. Why a couple of Tests could not been thrown in is baffling. Australia is touring Sth Africa and England purely for a handful of pyjama stuff. This is superfluous. These nations need to prep for the WC on our pitches like the Lankans are. What earthly good is it preping on theirs.  I honestly dont much care for tests against the pakis. Prefer a five tester against the Black Caps instead.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 25 Sep 2019 9:55 AM

Coming all this way for three T20s is ludicrous. Why a couple of Tests could not been thrown in is baffling. Australia is touring Sth Africa and England purely for a handful of pyjama stuff. This is superfluous. These nations need to prep for the WC on our pitches like the Lankans are. What earthly good is it preping on theirs.  I honestly dont much care for tests against the pakis. Prefer a five tester against the Black Caps instead.

I totally agree, mate.

I want some SL Tests.

I know we hosted SL last season, but we  hardly ever play them. CA is all about money, the bottom line and 20/20 these days!

Stuff developing the game!
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Yeah, it does seem a lil odd. One of the real benefits, though, is the additional PM XI game Aus gets. With "three tourists" this summer, your young lads in the PM XI, CA XI, and Aus A XI will get a number of opportunities this season. But everyone wants that WT20 warm up, and have tried to fit them in all over the show. It is my least preferred format, but, it is nice seeing the entire game in the evening.

Pakistan have drawn their last 2 series in England, but they have been smashed in NZ. SA games were closer, but they lost to smart SA non spinner selection policy on pitches which offered the spinners nothing, but were bouncy for the seamers. I really want to see how Abbas goes in Aus, and Shaheen Afridi is one to watch the development of. Afridi is no superstar yet, nor prolly will ever be, but he just a 19yo kid, and a left armer, and just looks to be possibly developing into a quality bowler. Hasan Ali will presumably be the old ball bowler, and he does a daft wicket taking dance. 

Their batting is improving. They still have Inzi's nephew taking up a spot, and they keep leaving out proven test talented players like Sohail and give Faekhar less chances despite better initial results than Inzi's nephew. Because Pakistan selectors just love to bewilder the global and their own local fans. Pakistan cricket politics is no secret.

I expect Aus to win this test series easily, but there is still a lot about Pakistan to enjoy watching. Will Babar ever find his red ball feet?

The two constants about Pakistan, they will field horribly as they are still the worst in the world at fielding, besides that,  you never know what you'll get away from the UAE. Session by session, they are cricket's most unpredictable team ever. I expect them to lose, but they could be well worth watching, nevertheless.

I gotta be honest, by CA standards this is not a good summer for cricket. But SA will not tour over Xmas regardless, and 1 in 4 years, this kind of summer will happen cos you get a SA tour, India tour and England tour every 4 years. Its another reason we need to grow the test game to the likes of China, Canada and USA, and make our existing nations stronger. Remember when the WI were exciting and dominant? I know you do. And you remember when NZ had Hadlee and toured in 85/86 and 87/88. And the crowds were massive. This is why growing the game with a global focus is so crucial, cos you don't want quiet summers like this. I'm sure it will be billed as Smith vs Williamson, to try and drum up some attention, but many Aussie cricket fans don't really want this summer. They really want another pop at India at home, with Smith back, and some more Ashes. This summer could have been worse, though. Normally this is your WI Xmas tour...

These Pak and NZ teams will not pull huge crowds in Aus. I hate watching NZ play in empty Aus stadiums. The Pak team might have more expats in the crowds than Aussies. The Perth test vs NZ should be okay as its a day/nighter, and the Perth cricket people are still enjoying the novelty of it as it is their first day night test there. For the remainder, it just won't bar all the Kiwi ex-pats and those heading over for Boxing Day and New Years. Even then it could be one of your worst Boxing Day and New Years tests crowds. It really comes down to how many Kiwis attend (which could be any number really).

Will Adelaide turn up for the Pak day/night test? I have my doubts. I expect Brisbane to be half empty, more than.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Paddles - 25 Sep 2019 2:13 PM

Will Adelaide turn up for the Pak day/night test? I have my doubts. I expect Brisbane to be half empty, more than.

Adelaide turn out for day/night Tests.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

Decentric - 26 Sep 2019 9:41 AM
Paddles - 25 Sep 2019 2:13 PM

Adelaide turn out for day/night Tests.

They have, but NZ was the first. Then SA, still a novelty, admittedly Aus had lost that series, but everyone enjoys watching the SA seamers.

Then an Ashes test, heck you could hold that in Darwin in  winter, and get a big crowd.

This year will be a test for Adelaide, and for day night cricket in general. Are the crowds due to novelty, or do people actually want to watch test cricket after work? We all hope its the latter. Because I bet, with all due respect, the average Aussie/English/Indian cricket fan right now does not know much about the current crop of Pakistan players. So its a much harder sell to say - watch Shaheen Afridi than say watch Wasim Akram...
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

Babar has clocked up yet another century, and Shinwari bags a 5 for as Pakistan show form before heading to Aus. SL - less so. To be polite. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/19504/scorecard/1198487/pakistan-vs-sri-lanka-2nd-odi-sri-lanka-in-pakistan-2019-20

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Australia is gearing up for a T20 shootout against the Lankans and Pakis late this month. CA says it wants to leave no stone unturned as it aims to win the only trophy not in its cabinet a year from now on home soil.
Who makes the side? Take a look at last year's BBL and who performed in the ODI WC and we get a clear idea who will be wearing the flash new T20 pyjamas.
Contenders are Aaron Finch, Chris Lynn, Steven Smith, Usman Khawaja, D'Arcy Short, Matt Wade, Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Dave Warner, Ben McDermott, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Jhye Richardson, Adam Zampa, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Nathan Lyon. 
Chris Lynn and Aaron Finch have the best all time BBL records. In the top 10 all timers is Cameron White, George Bailey, Shaun Marsh and Nic Maddinson. Presuming CA wants 15 in the squad:
Aaron Finch, Chris Lynn, D'Arcy Short,  Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jason Behrendorff, Kane Richardson,  Adam Zampa, Ashton Agar, Ashton Turner.
I have Nic Maddinson, Ben McDermott, Jhye Richardson also in the mix.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 8 Oct 2019 2:45 PM
Australia is gearing up for a T20 shootout against the Lankans and Pakis late this month. CA says it wants to leave no stone unturned as it aims to win the only trophy not in its cabinet a year from now on home soil.
Who makes the side? Take a look at last year's BBL and who performed in the ODI WC and we get a clear idea who will be wearing the flash new T20 pyjamas.
Contenders are Aaron Finch, Chris Lynn, Steven Smith, Usman Khawaja, D'Arcy Short, Matt Wade, Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Dave Warner, Ben McDermott, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Jhye Richardson, Adam Zampa, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Nathan Lyon. 
Chris Lynn and Aaron Finch have the best all time BBL records. In the top 10 all timers is Cameron White, George Bailey, Shaun Marsh and Nic Maddinson. Presuming CA wants 15 in the squad:
Aaron Finch, Chris Lynn, D'Arcy Short,  Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jason Behrendorff, Kane Richardson,  Adam Zampa, Ashton Agar, Ashton Turner.
I have Nic Maddinson, Ben McDermott, Jhye Richardson also in the mix.

Kinda feel this should be in the tour thread for Pak and SL... But who cares.
Smith doesn't belong in your t20 side. Warner does. So you have an issue from the get go. White, Marsh and Bailey - too late really. UNless you commit to nGeorge now through to the 2020 Wt20. Which maybe you should. He does kinda perform well under pressure tbh.
Zampa is your weak link. Long has been. The more you play him, the less chance you give everyone else. A selection head ache for the most astute selector really. Starc is an automatic pick for Wt20. Lynn should be there if he can field well. If not, your top order gets more interesting. Finch is captain, so he has to play, but he can bat anywhere well. 
Interesting selection headaches. Good luck. Smile

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 8 Oct 2019 2:46 PM
baggygreenmania - 8 Oct 2019 2:45 PM

Kinda feel this should be in the tour thread for Pak and SL... But who cares.
Smith doesn't belong in your t20 side. Warner does. So you have an issue from the get go. White, Marsh and Bailey - too late really. UNless you commit to nGeorge now through to the 2020 Wt20. Which maybe you should. He does kinda perform well under pressure tbh.
Zampa is your weak link. Long has been. The more you play him, the less chance you give everyone else. A selection head ache for the most astute selector really. Starc is an automatic pick for Wt20. Lynn should be there if he can field well. If not, your top order gets more interesting. Finch is captain, so he has to play, but he can bat anywhere well. 
Interesting selection headaches. Good luck. Smile

Reluctantly I agree. Smithy is not a bash artist..Warner is. Hey I still want George in my lineup.. but do CA. He has always performed when we most needed him in the white ball formats. He also has the game to steady shud early wickets fall and then later shift gears.  Starc,Finch and Lynn (if fit) only certainties.
Cameron Boyce and Brad Hogg are both better BBL performers than Zampa.  Boyce has been under rated for mine. I have admired his composure under pressure. Second best economy of the slowies in BBL last. He just does not get the publicity needed to tweak the selector's minds.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 9 Oct 2019 9:44 AM

Time to think about who will comprise our team for the first Test against the Lankans. 
My Preliminary Squad:
Smith, Labuchagne, Warner, Khawaja, Pucovski, Harris, Bancroft, Dan Hughes, Maddinson, Carey, Mitch Marsh, Burns, Patterson, Paine, Cummins, Hazlewood, Richardson, Pattinson, Starc, Lyon, Agar, Holland. Smokies: Lloyd Pope, Renshaw, Ben McDermott, Harry Conway, Matt Short, Ashton Turner, Caleb Jewell, Cameron Green.

Edited
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

You've only got 9 Blue Baggers in there, Baggers.

Why not just select the whole NSW team, mate?
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Paddles - 26 Sep 2019 6:35 PM
Decentric - 26 Sep 2019 9:41 AM

Then an Ashes test, heck you could hold that in Darwin in  winter, and get a big crowd.

I've always liked those home winter tests in Darwin and Cairns.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Keyboard Warrior - 14 Oct 2019 9:17 AM
You've only got 9 Blue Baggers in there, Baggers.

Why not just select the whole NSW team, mate?

Nine out of 22 KW. Only four are certainties. Where are you from btw?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Keyboard Warrior - 14 Oct 2019 9:18 AM
Paddles - 26 Sep 2019 6:35 PM

I've always liked those home winter tests in Darwin and Cairns.

Haven't had those for ages. The last of any form of cricket up in the north were A tour games. That was at least five years ago. This year wud have been ideal to have someone tour as until June/July and between then and November.. nothing..zilch in the way of red ball cricket for our Baggies.. The ICC and CA has lost the plot.
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
baggygreenmania - 14 Oct 2019 9:43 AM

Haven't had those for ages. The last of any form of cricket up in the north were A tour games. That was at least five years ago. This year wud have been ideal to have someone tour as until June/July and between then and November.. nothing..zilch in the way of red ball cricket for our Baggies.. The ICC and CA has lost the plot.

I seem to remember we played Zimbabwe and Bangladesh in successive seasons in Darwin and Cairns. I really enjoyed  those games.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I wish they could resurrect them.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 19 Oct 2019 12:00 PM

I wish they could resurrect them.

I see no reason why not. Paddles may disagree tho DC.
Brew
Brew
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)Hardcore Fan (274 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
baggygreenmania - 19 Oct 2019 7:50 PM

The northern tours were good.
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro

baggygreenmania - 19 Oct 2019 7:50 PM

Why would I disagree?

I thought it was appalling CA cancelled Bangladesh last year which would have been an early northern tour of Australia...

I'm all for more cricket everywhere, and for everyone. Including the Rich 3.

Australian hosted cricket is professionally made tv product, for English first, and I really enjoy watching it. Its a far more technological tv exercise than NZ offers, but is behind the Poms. 

Im all for more good cricket worth watching anywhere. I have to admit, I am not bothered with SA in Inda, I don't really want to see anyone in India in tests bar Pakistan right now. Only Pakistan have the resources right now to challenge them, SL are too far behind in Asia.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

The Sri Lanka tour kicks off tonite with this match at Manuka, Canberra..
Prime Minister's XI:
 Dan Christian (co-captain), Peter Siddle (co-captain), Chris Lynn, Ben Cutting, Jason Sangha, Fawad Ahmed, Jordan Silk, Daniel Fallins, Harry Nielsen, Chris Green, Djali Bloomfield, Daniel Leerdam (12th man) 

Sri Lanka squad: Lasith Malinga (c), Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Niroshan Dickwella, Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Oshada Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara, Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha.

Edited
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 24 Oct 2019 9:23 AM

The Sri Lanka tour kicks off tonite with this match at Manuka, Canberra..
Prime Minister's XI:
 Dan Christian (co-captain), Peter Siddle (co-captain), Chris Lynn, Ben Cutting, Jason Sangha, Fawad Ahmed, Jordan Silk, Daniel Fallins, Harry Nielsen, Chris Green, Djali Bloomfield, Daniel Leerdam (12th man) 

Sri Lanka squad: Lasith Malinga (c), Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Niroshan Dickwella, Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Oshada Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara, Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha.

ScoMo in his yellow cap in the dugout at Manuka. What has been seen cannot be unseen.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 24 Oct 2019 8:16 PM

ScoMo in his yellow cap in the dugout at Manuka. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Good old Sco Mo. Yes I saw him running water for the boys same as he did in the PMs13 League international against Fiji recently. Sco Mo is a man of the people.. better than Bob Hawke ever was. He was a beer-swilling larrikan.. Sco Mo is a gentleman by comparison.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:21 AM

Good old Sco Mo. Yes I saw him running water for the boys same as he did in the PMs13 League international against Fiji recently. Sco Mo is a man of the people.. better than Bob Hawke ever was. He was a beer-swilling larrikan.. Sco Mo is a gentleman by comparison.

Bobbie Tye is out of today's game and CA has trucked in Sean Abbott. Why him @47 with a solitary wkt from 3 games in T20 internationals. We have better 4 over bowlers than him. People will argue that his BBL bowling stats tell a different story.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Not a lot to come from this game. The PM boys did not show much with the bat.. Other than Harry Nielsen. Dan Christian still has that limited overs touch. Like to see him picked for the World Cup.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:36 AM

Not a lot to come from this game. The PM boys did not show much with the bat.. Other than Harry Nielsen. Dan Christian still has that limited overs touch. Like to see him picked for the World Cup.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Bobbie do you follow rugby league too. There is a thread on the Kangaroos in Rugby League topic site.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:31 AM
baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:21 AM

Bobbie Tye is out of today's game and CA has trucked in Sean Abbott. Why him @47 with a solitary wkt from 3 games in T20 internationals. We have better 4 over bowlers than him. People will argue that his BBL bowling stats tell a different story.

Just what WA needs, another injured fast bowler. Their strength and conditioning coach needs a good hard look at themselves.

Well Abbott is from NSW, of course!! What is wrong with a James Faulkner. 36 T20i wickets, SR 14 and an average of 19. Or go with an experienced BBL death bowler like Ben Laughlin. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search