Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Sri Lanka and Pakistan in Australia 2019/20

Author
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:43 AM
baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:36 AM

Not a lot to come from this game. The PM boys did not show much with the bat.. Other than Harry Nielsen. Dan Christian still has that limited overs touch. Like to see him picked for the World Cup.

So what did we think of the SL white wash today? It was all a bit woeful, really, I don't like seeing such an uneven contest. I enjoyed Maxwell's run out, though, and Cummins continues to come up with the goods.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)Hardcore Fan (245 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 27 Oct 2019 9:44 AM
Bobbie do you follow rugby league too. There is a thread on the Kangaroos in Rugby League topic site.

No, but I do follow the tennis. Hoping Barty will consolidate and that Federer will be immortal
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Australia A XI vs Pakistan. Nov 11. 3 day.
Alex Carey (captain)
Marcus Harris
Joe Burns
Usman Khawaja
Will Pucovski
Travis Head
Nic Maddinson
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Sean Abbott
Riley Meredith

Looks like we have our answer to who CA wants as our future Test skipper. Glad to see Puck there while DC will be falling over himself to see Meredith chosen. Sean Abbott another undeserving CA pet. Last chance for Head to play in first Test. 

I do question why CA is having a day/nite fixture in Perth. late..late finish.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
Paddles
Paddles
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

baggygreenmania - 30 Oct 2019 9:59 AM
Alex Carey (captain)
Marcus Harris
Joe Burns
Usman Khawaja
Will Pucovski
Travis Head
Nic Maddinson
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Sean Abbott
Riley Meredith

Looks like we have our answer to who CA wants as our future Test skipper. Glad to see Puck there while DC will be falling over himself to see Meredith chosen. Sean Abbott another undeserving CA pet. Last chance for Head to play in first Test. 

Carey being captain - kinda solves 2 problems... :P 

But who would be the last Australian test skipper to be captain on debut? Has there ever even been one since your first test?  Last one for NZ was Lee Germon, your NSW boss. He was captain on debut in the 1990s. And also a wicket keeper.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Paddles
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

Alex Carey (captain)
Marcus Harris
Joe Burns
Usman Khawaja
Will Pucovski
Travis Head
Nic Maddinson
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Sean Abbott
Riley Meredith

Well the paying public in Perth have a right to see the stars in action, after they have finished work, I’m guessing is the rationale.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Alex Carey (captain)
Marcus Harris
Joe Burns
Usman Khawaja
Will Pucovski
Travis Head
Nic Maddinson
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Sean Abbott
Riley Meredith

You also saw Meredith live at Bellerive today against the Vics. You were pretty impressed with his express pace. He will make Richardson and Abbott look like medium pacers in Perth. 

Having seen Abbott play live last year in the Shield at Bellerive, he  is very potent with the new ball and his  first spell, then he runs  out of steam fairly quickly.

I'm disappointed to see no spinner in the team. I'd like to see John Holland or Mitchell Swepson instead of Abbott.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Decentric
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

delete
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 10 Nov 2019 10:37 AM
Alex Carey (captain)
Marcus Harris
Joe Burns
Usman Khawaja
Will Pucovski
Travis Head
Nic Maddinson/Cameron Bancroft.
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Sean Abbott
Riley Meredith

Alex Carey must be on the radar for a batting only spot for the First Test imo. Nic Maddinson is out with mental issues replaced by Bancroft. I want Burns to nail a big one and leave no doubt about Warner's opening partner for the First Test. I have at least three blokes ahead of Abbott in the attack. Where is Pattinson, Tremain, Matt Kelly, even Boland. Sayers took 13 in the last Shield match. Great game to blood Cameron Green. Looks like Starc is pencilled in for the first Test.

Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 10 Nov 2019 10:39 AM
baggygreenmania - 10 Nov 2019 10:37 AM

This promises to be a ripper of a day/niter.. the first if not mistaken at the spanking new Perth/Burswood Stadium. Other than Jhye Richardson none of the A attack  swing the balI..odd selections given the propensity for the ball to hoop around at dusk. Meredith may be a surprise tho as he does swing the new cherry.. and at express pace.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

baggygreenmania - 10 Nov 2019 10:46 AM
baggygreenmania - 10 Nov 2019 10:39 AM

This promises to be a ripper of a day/niter.. the first if not mistaken at the spanking new Perth/Burswood Stadium. Other than Jhye Richardson none of the A attack  swing the balI..odd selections given the propensity for the ball to hoop around at dusk. Meredith may be a surprise tho as he does swing the new cherry.. and at express pace.

Meredith bowling at Optus should be a thing of beauty. I am super annoyed that I have to work this week - hoping I can sneak in there on Wed evening if they haven’t already wrapped things up by then. Wait ‘ang on  - Maddison is out as well?? What is going on with these Victorians?? What dreadful timing for him. Totally agree that Kelly should be in the mix. If Bancroft can’t bat well here of all places then he’s never gunna...
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 10 Nov 2019 4:53 PM

Meredith bowling at Optus should be a thing of beauty. I am super annoyed that I have to work this week - hoping I can sneak in there on Wed evening if they haven’t already wrapped things up by then. Wait ‘ang on  - Maddison is out as well?? What is going on with these Victorians?? What dreadful timing for him. Totally agree that Kelly should be in the mix. If Bancroft can’t bat well here of all places then he’s never gunna...

Maddinson with ongoing mental issues. Last time I believe due to his being cruelly canned after just three tests. This time.. as I read it.. due to his not believing in his ability to keep his new found form going. We have some mixed up cricketers. Does CA employ a head doctor.. they need to if they dont.
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

I see that Meredith has already taken early wickets! Anyone been watching?
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

ThingyBob - 11 Nov 2019 7:51 PM

And Richardson has only gone for 33 from his 15.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

I watched most of it. Richardson was miserly. The Perth deck did not offer up a great deal for our quicks.. even after dusk. Not even swing.  Meredith's sheer pace got him his pair. I had Neser as the pick of the crop.. with Jyhe a close second.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Anyone heard from DC? 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Why do the Qld selectors keep chopping and changing their bowlers. Xavier Bartlett had a good last game yet has been left out of this match. Steketee has had a couple of poor games yet is playing. At least they are staying with their form quick.. Cam Gannon.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Surprised to see Pakistan adapt so quickly to bouncy Aussie pitches. 

420 odd whilst we are 5-43 means they are playing better on unfamiliar pitches than Aussies. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Only just realized it was on TV! 
ThingyBob
ThingyBob
Hardcore Fan

Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 7:45 PM
Surprised to see Pakistan adapt so quickly to bouncy Aussie pitches. 

420 odd whilst we are 5-43 means they are playing better on unfamiliar pitches than Aussies. 

I’ve just knocked off and it’s 7/50 say what?? How is this going to solve Australia’s batting selection woes. Oh the sweet irony. Will Bancroft be the last man standing?
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

ThingyBob - 12 Nov 2019 8:03 PM
Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 7:45 PM

I’ve just knocked off and it’s 7/50 say what?? How is this going to solve Australia’s batting selection woes. Oh the sweet irony. Will Bancroft be the last man standing?

Bobbie this is unforgiveable.  and they are all vying for middle order spots in the First Test. Go help us. Even Labuchagne's luck ran out today with a duck for the Bulls.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

If there is an excuse for this collapse it may be this tricky seeing period between the transition from natural to artificial lite. A couple of them.. including Pucovski may have lost site of a rearing delivery from a good length. I recall over the years this period playing havoc in the 50 over day/niters.
Edited
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Loving Shah’s wrist spin! 

He is really getting some loop and in drift in to the leg for right hand batters. 

Dreadful Aussie batting!
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 12 Nov 2019 8:11 PM

If there is an excuse for this collapse it may be this tricky seeing period between the transition from natural to artificial lite. A couple of them.. including Pucovski may have lost site of a rearing delivery from a good length. I recall over the years this period playing havoc in the 50 over day/niters.

Will Bancroft be the last man standing?

He is..same as in that Ashes warm up match when he scored 80 odd and the rest daylite. They say he has a dodgy technique.. perhaps so..but it does not stop him digging in when needed. That is the sort we need for Test cricket..people with character...  
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

I’ve just read Pattinson has declared himself fit for Tests- yet he failed to play for Victoria in the Shield game Baggers and I saw at Bellerive. 

Has Cummins even played a Shield game this season? 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 8:41 PM
Loving Shah’s wrist spin! 

He is really getting some loop and in drift in to the leg for right hand batters. 

Dreadful Aussie batting!

I like watching a good leggie plying his craft.

We had Shah's measure from memory last time we faced him. Now where was that.. the UAE?
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 8:49 PM
I’ve just read Pattinson has declared himself fit for Tests- yet he failed to play for Victoria in the Shield game Baggers and I saw at Bellerive. 

Has Cummins even played a Shield game this season? 

DC that will be a CA or VIC Cricket directive I am thinking. Doubt Patto has a say.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

baggygreenmania - 12 Nov 2019 8:50 PM
Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 8:49 PM

DC that will be a CA or VIC Cricket directive I am thinking. Doubt Patto has a say.

Poor bloke! 

I am sure he would like to bowl in a red ball game. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

The pink ball is easier to see, Baggers. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Decentric - 12 Nov 2019 9:52 PM
The pink ball is easier to see, Baggers. 

Yeh. Not easier to play tho.

So is this game being shown on Tassie tv?
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

The selectors will like what Bancroft has produced tonite. Good job by Meredith to stay with him too. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search