Affordable stadium designs

Affordable stadium designs

Author
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
paulc - 14 May 2020 12:02 PM
If memory serves me correctly, the Brisbane Strikers were proposing to build a 12,000 - 15,000 capacity stadium for $15 - $18 Million back in 2004 when they applied for the HAL. Land costs excluded.

Would imagine it would now cost some $30 Million for the same thing, which is the entry point for a minimalist but functional, fit for purpose stadium.

It was about that, although Strikers never applied for the HAL 

Also the lease on Perry Park has changed - they are no longer the tenants and are actually sub-tenants to the YMCA 

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Central Coast stadium was build off side then the cement parts bolted to the steel .. on site ... 

In 1999 it costs 30 million to build excluding land costs ..allowing for inflation my guess is between 45 & 60 million today... 
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

If you were to build several stadiums in bulk exactly the same design, the cost would be much lower.

i suggested Larry kestleman do the same for basketball instead of shelving all,the revenue elsewhere.
with the cairns convention centre renovations, they building a 2000 seat arena within a bunnings warehouse.
knox arena  6000-8000 seater proposed to be built in next few years for sem phoenix. Building ya own on a piece of land would be half the cost.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Tun Abdul Razak Stadium in Malaysia, 25k all-seater, cost roughly A$30m in 2015.

I like the design of the single concourse for both tiers, I'm sure that cuts down on complexity and cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuh6mAqbeM

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

chondro - 13 Jul 2020 12:57 AM
If you were to build several stadiums in bulk exactly the same design, the cost would be much lower.

I like the Ikea scale of economy approach. If as much as possible of a modular design could be built in one location to be shipped out and assembled on-site then that could offer significant savings, and of course buying in bulk would drive the costs down as well.
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Put this one here-

‘Unusable eyesore’: Sports Minister demands investigation into unfinished $4.8m upgrade to West Adelaide Hellas clubrooms

An independent financial audit of a western suburbs soccer club has been launched to uncover the use of almost $5 million in grants under the previous state government.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/unusable-eyesore-sports-minister-demands-investigation-into-unfinished-48m-upgrade-to-west-adelaide-hellas-clubrooms/news-story/4fe81c3bfc90889b457ad5e331f2d858

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Bit of a mythbuster about construction costs in Australia: 

Source: https://www.arcadis.com/en/australia/our-perspectives/international-construction-costs-2020/
Edited
4 Years Ago by paladisious
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I posted about this a few yrs back but i'm a massive fan of this stadium.
Perfect for A-League and took only 4 months to build
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRITA-Arena 
https://www.facebook.com/BritaArena/ 
360 degree view @ http://www.brita-arena.de/
Capacity12 566
5600 (standing room)
7066 (seats)
CountryGermany
CityWiesbaden
ClubsSV Wehen Wiesbaden
Inauguration11.10.2007 (Wehen Wiesbaden – Borussia Dortmund 1-2)
Cost14 mln € - Less than 25 mln AUD 
DesignAlbert Speer & Partner
AddressBerliner Str. 98-102, 65189 Wiesbaden 
59% of original size (was 856x380) - Click to enlargeImage result for Brita-Arena
Incredably cheap for a stadium and the design allows for cost savings
Image result for Brita-Arena

Image result for Brita-Arena
Image result for Brita-Arena constructionImage result for Brita-Arena construction

Hospitality:14 boxes195 box seats300 business seats

Match Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUTWdlGVwXM

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

St. Mirren Park in Scotland, 8k all-seater, £8m in 2008 (about $19.5m AUD in 2021 money).

Caterm
Caterm
Fan
Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)

paladisious - 6 Feb 2021 10:50 AM
St. Mirren Park in Scotland, 8k all-seater, £8m in 2008 (about $19.5m AUD in 2021 money).

That’s all you need we need to look at Scotland for size of stadiums with a few exceptions victory and wsw and say Syd fc all the rest around 10k stadiums as that is all we are going to ever fill, the glory days are over in terms of people going to the stadiums
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Caterm - 6 Feb 2021 11:06 AM

That’s all you need we need to look at Scotland for size of stadiums with a few exceptions victory and wsw and say Syd fc all the rest around 10k stadiums as that is all we are going to ever fill, the glory days are over in terms of people going to the stadiums

..... because Roar haven’t averaged 13,500 since they started and match SFC/WSW for attendance when derbies are factored out and right now are selling our a 10k stadium every week. 

FFS people .... NSW and VIC are NOT Australian football. Open your eyes!! 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Is that Tarneit??
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Waz - 6 Feb 2021 11:20 AM

..... because Roar haven’t averaged 13,500 since they started and match SFC/WSW for attendance when derbies are factored out and right now are selling our a 10k stadium every week. 

FFS people .... NSW and VIC are NOT Australian football. Open your eyes!! 

The Mexicans have NFI

In a resort somewhere

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

soccerfoo - 6 Feb 2021 3:54 PM

Is that Tarneit??

No mate THE "Western Wembley" is going to be amazing when it is built, exactly as promised and to schedule. Revolutionary AND groundbreaking,  it is going to change the face of soccer in this country... Ooop sorry, forgot its not even called soccer anymore its football now becuase the millenials like it as they can pretend they are in England and on the set of "Green Street" Oi oi....
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Feb 2021 10:24 PM
soccerfoo - 6 Feb 2021 3:54 PM

No mate THE "Western Wembley" is going to be amazing when it is built, exactly as promised and to schedule. Revolutionary AND groundbreaking,  it is going to change the face of soccer in this country... Ooop sorry, forgot its not even called soccer anymore its football now becuase the millenials like it as they can pretend they are in England and on the set of "Green Street" Oi oi....

It is “ Football “ all around the world, bar maybe a couple of rogue nations. Their is also a hint in “ FIFA “.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 8 Feb 2021 9:29 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 7 Feb 2021 10:24 PM

It is “ Football “ all around the world, bar maybe a couple of rogue nations. Their is also a hint in “ FIFA “.

Imagine having a crack at people calling the game "football" on a football forum. So pathetic. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

pickles09
pickles09
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 8 Feb 2021 12:47 PM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 8 Feb 2021 9:29 AM

Imagine having a crack at people calling the game "football" on a football forum. So pathetic. 

Yeah well this is the Dickhead known as "Monoethnic Social Club", South Melbourne Hellas invented football remember. I don't know of anywhere in England where they call it soccer, Mono again sprouting his FACTS on us. He is about as credible as a Greek War Hero. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 1:02 PM

Yeah well this is the Dickhead known as "Monoethnic Social Club", South Melbourne Hellas invented football remember. I don't know of anywhere in England where they call it soccer, Mono again sprouting his FACTS on us. He is about as credible as a Greek War Hero. 

Wow, the hate is really strong with this little pickle... Touch racist there little fella but I guess the truth comes out in the end eh?
pickles09
pickles09
Weekender
Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)Weekender (46 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 1:37 PM

Wow, the hate is really strong with this little pickle... Touch racist there little fella but I guess the truth comes out in the end eh?

No hate, just feel sorry for you. No racism there either, do you know what racist means? You have posted many racist replies on this forum yourself. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 1:47 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 1:37 PM

No hate, just feel sorry for you. No racism there either, do you know what racist means? You have posted many racist replies on this forum yourself. 

Yeah I know exactly what racist means little pickle... Im about as credible as a Greek War Hero Remember? 
pickles09
pickles09
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 1:50 PM
pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 1:47 PM

Yeah I know exactly what racist means little pickle... Im about as credible as a Greek War Hero Remember? 

Hence why I don't believe you. That's not racist it's true, I think the word cowards was used a lot in relation to WW2. Little pickle??? is that an insult? you are a knob. 
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

Tradesmen in Australia think they walk on water though OP. They charge like a wounded bull for minimum wage shit. Half of them couldn't even work a coffee machine or spell their own name yet expect to be paid like $40 and hour for carrying bricks on a Monday ffs. *True Aussie heroes*.

That's why stadiums cost $200m and most Aussies will be burried in debt until they die from their mortgage so some bogan drooling out the side of his head can paint dirt on bricks for $300 an hour.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 1:55 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 1:50 PM

Hence why I don't believe you. That's not racist it's true, I think the word cowards was used a lot in relation to WW2. Little pickle??? is that an insult? you are a knob. 

No, your name is pickles and I was being playful rather than insulting.  Not sure you are up to speed with your history to be honest but if that's what you believe about Greek people then maybe you should hit the books a bit?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Nunya - 8 Feb 2021 1:57 PM
Tradesmen in Australia think they walk on water though OP. They charge like a wounded bull for minimum wage shit. Half of them couldn't even work a coffee machine or spell their own name yet expect to be paid like $40 and hour for carrying bricks on a Monday ffs. *True Aussie heroes*.

That's why stadiums cost $200m and most Aussies will be burried in debt until they die from their mortgage so some bogan drooling out the side of his head can paint dirt on bricks for $300 an hour.

$40 an hour.  That's cheap.  How good would it be to be a tradesman at the moment?  Charge like a wounded bull, don't turn up on time, don't quote unless they can make an absolute fortune, do substandard shit.  And all the while while they look at you with contempt because you had the temerity to get a degree and know nothing about the 'real world'.

Almost wish a recession would hit Australia so a few of these pricks got a reality check.

Member since 2008.

pickles09
pickles09
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 2:06 PM
pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 1:55 PM

No, your name is pickles and I was being playful rather than insulting.  Not sure you are up to speed with your history to be honest but if that's what you believe about Greek people then maybe you should hit the books a bit?

You don't know me at all to presume to being playful so I take it as you being insulting. I have looked at History, that is not my belief of Greek people I know plenty and have had a lot to with Floreat Athena (A Greek Club, not being racist) in Perth, but there is popular opinion that they didn't make paint themselves in Glory when it came to WW2. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Nothing wrong with calling it soccer.  My kids call it football.  I grew up with soccer and interchange between the 2 depending on who I talk to. 

I really don't care and marvel at blokes getting their panties in a bunch over something so trivial.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2021 2:19 PM

Nothing wrong with calling it soccer.  My kids call it football.  I grew up with soccer and interchange between the 2 depending on who I talk to. 

I really don't care and marvel at blokes getting their panties in a bunch over something so trivial.

I just love to stir me some panties hahahahahahahah 
pickles09
pickles09
Weekender

Well talk to your mate Mono he is the one who chose to highlight to deflect from some other "FACT" he was sprounting, Just pointing out his "FACTS" saying that I don't know anyone in England that calls it soccer. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 2:14 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 2:06 PM

You don't know me at all to presume to being playful so I take it as you being insulting. I have looked at History, that is not my belief of Greek people I know plenty and have had a lot to with Floreat Athena (A Greek Club, not being racist) in Perth, but there is popular opinion that they didn't make paint themselves in Glory when it came to WW2. 

OK, I will call you Mr Pickles then? Is that better?
What a fascinating turn this conversation is taking. Can you please elaborate on the general feeling of Greek cowardice in WW2? That fat windbag Churchill himself claimed that "Heroes fought like Greeks" and even Stalin thanked the Greek people for delaying the Nazis enough in the summer of 41 to delay operation Barbarossa and ultimately give the Soviets enough time to prepare for war...  what are you referring too?
Muz
Muz
Legend

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 2:24 PM

Well talk to your mate Mono he is the one who chose to highlight to deflect from some other "FACT" he was sprounting, Just pointing out his "FACTS" saying that I don't know anyone in England that calls it soccer. 

Calm down cobber.  I don't know him from a bar of soap.  And pull your head in a little will you?  Cheers

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search