Affordable stadium designs

Affordable stadium designs

Author
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Keeper66 - 10 Feb 2021 4:36 PM
So a thread about stadium design ends up morphing into a discussion/argument about ancient Greeks and Romans, Greeks in WW2, and whether the game should be called football or soccer ................

Monolithic wog does what monolithic wog does best.
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

paladisious - 12 May 2020 3:36 PM
2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games beach volleyball venue at Coolangatta Beach. 4k capacity, $11m AUD in 2018, including media and player facilities and broadcast quality lighting, plus the complexities of building on the beach and remediating it afterwards. Obviously a smaller footprint than a football field, but with all the aforementioned facilities provided the only extra costs are more seats, which would be a smaller part of the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f88oAe-9uMU

You know. This is exactly where the stadium should be for a Coolangatta/Byron bay team. Get the southern region involved. No idea how you fit a whole stadium there, there is some park land on the other side.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Beautiful, something a city council could fund off their own bat.
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Segra Field 
Segra Field is a soccer-specific stadium in Leesburg, Virginia and the home of Loudoun United FC of the USL Championship and Old Glory DC of Major League Rugby.
5k seats
15mil cost for the whole complex
Using an imagined Tasmanian example both footall and rugby can push Hobart council and state gov to assist with funding along with interested investors.
Could also be an option for second Adelaide, Brisbane team or even the WU shit show
could provide a neat little atmosphere similar to Dolphin stadium.
growth potential to 7k which would be a good boutique size with corporate behind one goal and increased seating behind the other.
Matildas, youth internationals, visiting A-League or home A-League team ,local club finals and or visiting Rugby teams plus concerts could make it worthy to Gov

Segra Field
Soccer Returns to Segra Field
https://vimeo.com/350746520   good vid of the stadium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xl1n4raA4g  game day

Edited
3 Years Ago by SpongeBobFC
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Krasnodar have had their opening game in their reserves stadium:

PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

paladisious - 16 Jul 2021 6:37 PM
PIFA - 16 Jul 2021 6:20 PM

Such a good stadium, a dream away trip.

I've been to some awesome stadiums in Thailand, and I've been to some... not so good ones :laugh: The atmosphere is always so enjoyable, and that's the key thing. There's plenty more around the country that I want to tick off, whilst I'd also like to see a few of the other stadiums in the region that look quite good too. Got a few friends that are playing in Cambodia atm, so I'd like to get over and watch them play when restrictions allow me to.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

PIFA - 16 Jul 2021 6:20 PM
paladisious - 16 Jul 2021 3:46 PM

I was talking with a mate in Thailand recently about Chang Arena, the home of Buriram United, and was astonished to find that it only cost US$12-17m to build, whilst the construction time was only 254 days!

Such a good stadium, a dream away trip.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

paladisious - 16 Jul 2021 3:46 PM
FK Krasnodar's brand new 7k seat stadium for their reserves. What a beauty!

<lots of magnificent pictures here>

Video: https://twitter.com/_johnysimo/status/1414732806769438741
360 view: https://truevirtualtours.com/ru/panorama/53153/360view

Unfortunately construction is just so damn expensive in this country, and that's what will [probably] hold back teams from deciding to build their own stadiums. I'm really impressed with some of the designs that I've seen in this thread, and the FK Krasnodar stadium is magnificent imo. Most A-League teams really only need a 20k [maximum] capacity for a lot of their games, and if they have a game with significant demand: there's plenty of stadiums within each state where the game could be moved to.

I was talking with a mate in Thailand recently about Chang Arena, the home of Buriram United, and was astonished to find that it only cost US$12-17m to build, whilst the construction time was only 254 days! I commented that a stadium like that would take 3-5 years to build in Australia, and cost upwards of $200m to build. It's a truly magnificent stadium, but I won't be able to get back there for a while yet unfortunately.

Edited
3 Years Ago by PIFA
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

FK Krasnodar's brand new 7k seat stadium for their reserves. What a beauty!

Video: https://twitter.com/_johnysimo/status/1414732806769438741
360 view: https://truevirtualtours.com/ru/panorama/53153/360view
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Nice to see a bear in the wild! Cost $8.8m CAD in 2018, which is virtually the same as AUD.
DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)Hardcore Fan (299 reputation)

Westhills Stadium modular upgrade
(bear stadium collaboration)
CSL Canada
6k capacity

TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I remember reading about Empire Field. Always thought it was a good way to go. 

My only worry would be how they hold p long term. But as a start. I think they are perfect! 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Here's an example from the article above of a club getting their decisions about their stadium really, really right:

Sacramento Republic FC's Papa Murphy's Park: 11.5k seats, only $3m USD in 2014!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmEeT4pZqeU&ab_channel=SacramentoRepublicFC

After playing USL (second division) games on an artificial college gridiron field inside an athletics track, they moved to their own 11.5k seat no-frills modular football-specific venue, but despite the lack of gold-plated facilities the fans came to watch the actual football (who'd have thought?) and they sold out virtually all their games for several seasons creating their own atmosphere and culture, eventually earning themselves a spot in the MLS, and (much like Victory being rewarded by the state government for our early crowds with AAMI Park) they've attracted investment and local government concessions to build this 20k beauty for when they commence play in the top tier.

Proof you don't need geodesic domes, craft breweries, or whatever else developers can think up to pad the bill: football fans just want a place to watch the football.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Understanding Modular Stadiums: The Future of North American Soccer: http://midfieldpress.com/2017/08/14/understanding-modular-stadiums-the-future-of-lower-division-soccer/

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Nunya - 11 Feb 2021 9:16 PM

Yep better make sure every single thread on here ends up being a discussion about muh heritage.

Cant lay this one one me cobber, Mr Pickles went down the historical rabbit hole.. We can include everyones heritage if you want, I guess most of our fore fathers came here on a boat of some description.(eccept of course our most recent migrants) Some peddled over on canoes 10 thousand years ago, some sat on the deck clutching their few possesions waiting to start a new life whilst others were chained down below deck and fed bread and water.
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker

So a thread about stadium design ends up morphing into a discussion/argument about ancient Greeks and Romans, Greeks in WW2, and whether the game should be called football or soccer ................

Yep better make sure every single thread on here ends up being a discussion about muh heritage.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Unfortunately true. Just need to look at who the instigator was.

I'm still holding my hopes on a Roar announcement soon on a new / refurbished stadium, but not holding my breath.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
3 Years Ago by paulc
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 10 Feb 2021 1:56 PM
paulc - 10 Feb 2021 11:58 AM

Mission Accomplished eh?

The mission is to keep growing the code, popularize it and allow it to prosper on it's own accord. It's been much healthier in the last 15 years than ever before in it's history.

But no, still a way to go to reach its full potential.

In a resort somewhere

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paulc - 10 Feb 2021 11:58 AM
Lowy wanted to promote a mainstream feel about our code. A greater acceptance meant the likelihood of increasing public interest, increased corporate and advertiser’s commitments, including that of the media, all come on board. It worked

Mission Accomplished eh?
paulc
paulc
Legend

Lowy wanted to promote a mainstream feel about our code. A greater acceptance meant the likelihood of increasing public interest, increased corporate and advertiser’s commitments, including that of the media, all come on board. It worked

In a resort somewhere

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 10 Feb 2021 10:11 AM
Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2021 2:19 PM

I disagree. the word "soccer" has a stigma attached to it in this country. its associated with the negative side of the game. Its also the choice word of the bogans who have no understanding of the game. 

Soccer negative?? It has always been called soccer in this country mate, only after Lowy's little refresh in 2005 did it change because, in the FFA's way of thinking they wanted to distance themselves from "old soccer"...  I don't think anyone I know calls it Soccer in a negative way, its just what we have all grown up knowing the game as. I think the "new football" crowd are a little precious about this to be honest when there is no need to be. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2021 2:19 PM

Nothing wrong with calling it soccer.  My kids call it football.  I grew up with soccer and interchange between the 2 depending on who I talk to. 

I disagree. the word "soccer" has a stigma attached to it in this country. its associated with the negative side of the game. Its also the choice word of the bogans who have no understanding of the beautiful game. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by Feed_The_Brox
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2021 4:06 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 2:47 PM

An old Greek man and an old Italian man are arguing.

The Greek man says "Look, all I'm saying is that the Greeks invented everything the Romans get credit for!"

The Italian says "Yes, may be, but the Romans improved it and made it useful!"

The Greek man says "We invented the Democracy!"

The Italian says "We realized the challenge of direct elections and the benefit of the legislature, and thus created the Republic!"

The Greek man says "Yes, but we created beautiful architecture like the Parthenon!"

The Italian says "And we improved your building techniques, and used them to create aqueducts and structures that stood for centuries longer!"

The Greek man, frustrated, finally says "Ah, of course. But the Greeks, we INVENTED sex!"

The Italian man says "That may be true, but we introduced it to women."

Hahahah those know everyrhing Italians.... I think Nero introduced it to his horse as well.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 2:47 PM
Munrubenmuz - 8 Feb 2021 2:35 PM

Hmmm I think the next gambit might by "prevalence of homosexuality in Ancient Greece"  hahahahahahha Not sure though, its certainly entertaining :)

An old Greek man and an old Italian man are arguing.

The Greek man says "Look, all I'm saying is that the Greeks invented everything the Romans get credit for!"

The Italian says "Yes, may be, but the Romans improved it and made it useful!"

The Greek man says "We invented the Democracy!"

The Italian says "We realized the challenge of direct elections and the benefit of the legislature, and thus created the Republic!"

The Greek man says "Yes, but we created beautiful architecture like the Parthenon!"

The Italian says "And we improved your building techniques, and used them to create aqueducts and structures that stood for centuries longer!"

The Greek man, frustrated, finally says "Ah, of course. But the Greeks, we INVENTED sex!"

The Italian man says "That may be true, but we introduced it to women."

Member since 2008.

Muz
Muz
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 8 Feb 2021 2:51 PM

Aikme confirmed?

Playing a long game if it is.  Joined 4 years ago.  38 posts.

Member since 2008.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Feb 2021 2:27 PM

Lol.  Did laugh at bringing WW2 into it.  What next?

Aikme confirmed?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Hmmm I think the next gambit might by "prevalence of homosexuality in Ancient Greece"  hahahahahahha Not sure though, its certainly entertaining :)
Muz
Muz
Legend

pickles09 - 8 Feb 2021 2:14 PM

OK, I will call you Mr Pickles then? Is that better?
What a fascinating turn this conversation is taking. Can you please elaborate on the general feeling of Greek cowardice in WW2? That fat windbag Churchill himself claimed that "Heroes fought like Greeks" and even Stalin thanked the Greek people for delaying the Nazis enough in the summer of 41 to delay operation Barbarossa and ultimately give the Soviets enough time to prepare for war...  what are you referring too?

Member since 2008.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search