Chinese company agrees to buy A-League team Newcastle Jets [Comments]

Chinese company agrees to buy A-League team Newcastle Jets [Comments]

Author
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 4:34 PM
Stay on track footyall.  And people wonder why noone goes onto ftbl forums anymore. Its due to numpties who post stupid shit 

Footyall? learn to spell numpty dickhead. Did you notice others started with the political shit at all? I just corrected afew things.
Tell them how you feel.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 4:39 PM

Footyall? learn to spell numpty dickhead

Nothing says like a person is rattled when they call people names.whats next  ??  
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 4:41 PM

Nothing says like a person is rattled when they call people names.whats next  ??  

Not rattled at all, did you notice I was called names first, no?
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Footyall? learn to spell numpty dickhead. Did you notice others started with the political shit at all? I just corrected afew things.
Tell them how you feel.

Literally everything you “corrected” was so far off, especially the stuff on blm and antifa.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

sub007 - 26 Sep 2020 4:44 PM

Literally everything you “corrected” was so far off, especially the stuff on blm and antifa.

Agree to Disagree. So who is causing all the arson and violence over there? Don't say the government.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 4:47 PM
sub007 - 26 Sep 2020 4:44 PM

Agree to Disagree. So who is causing all the arsen and violence over there? Don't say the government.

93% of BLM protests are peaceful.

Source: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/05/nearly-all-black-lives-matter-protests-are-peaceful-despite-trump-narrative-report-finds

The entire point of BLM is to protest for black lives to be treated equally to white lives. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can be against that.

Also you mentioned something about antifa  being funded earlier. How can you fund something that’s a movement, not an organisation? 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

sub007 - 26 Sep 2020 5:00 PM

Source: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/05/nearly-all-black-lives-matter-protests-are-peaceful-despite-trump-narrative-report-finds

The entire point of BLM is to protest for black lives to be treated equally to white lives. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can be against that.

Also you mentioned something about antifa  being funded earlier. How can you fund something that’s a movement, not an organisation? 

You can fund leaders of any congregation, any troublemakers that are a movement and highly organised!
How did these groups find the weapons out the back of a car recently, How funded those?
We will just diagree all day long, I said my piece earlier. This is boring for the sports people no doubt about that.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
sub007
sub007
World Class

soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 5:06 PM

You can fund leaders of any congregation, any troublemakers that are a movement and highly organised!
How did these groups find the weapons out the back of a car recently, How funded those?
We will just diagree all day long, I said my piece earlier. This is boring for the sports people no doubt about that.

There’s literally no antifa leadership, that’s the point I was making.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 4:43 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 4:41 PM

Not rattled at all, did you notice I was called names first, no?

Who called who names? Did I say you? All I said was idiots and voila you start getting offended . I didn't mention anyone but you pipped in also whats arsen? I didn't know wenger caused fire 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Sep 2020 5:11 PM
soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 4:43 PM

Who called who names? Did I say you? All I said was idiots and voila you start getting offended . I didn't mention anyone but you pipped in also whats arsen? I didn't know wenger caused fire 

Ok, thats more a Mourinho thing, not so much Wenger! 
Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Eldar - 26 Sep 2020 3:33 PM
Dingo - 26 Sep 2020 9:19 AM

America is cooked, they will be too busy with their civil war to protect all the brave Australian racists.

GOLD!!!!

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
The DSA (Divided States of America) is heading for a massive breakup.

The "Liberal (Blue)" minded states simply can't tolerate remaining in a UNION with the RACIST/ANTI-ENVIRONMENT/ANTI-ABORTION/BIBLE BASHING REDNECKS & HYPOCRITES of the "Republican (Red)" states for much longer and WILL MOVE to secede from the union to set up their own country.

AND the same thing could happen here.

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Brian Kidd - 26 Sep 2020 7:33 PM

The "Liberal (Blue)" minded states simply can't tolerate remaining in a UNION with the RACIST/ANTI-ENVIRONMENT/ANTI-ABORTION/BIBLE BASHING REDNECKS & HYPOCRITES of the "Republican (Red)" states for much longer and WILL MOVE to secede from the union to set up their own country.

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Can only hope. Not a fan of extreme lefties.
Edited
4 Years Ago by soccerfoo
calciopoli
calciopoli
Super Fan
Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)

Tell them how you feel.

congratulations, you have levelled up to Simpleton Highest Order
calciopoli
calciopoli
Super Fan
Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)

paulc - 25 Sep 2020 5:59 PM
calciopoli - 25 Sep 2020 4:41 PM

Trying to second guess why you are jealous are you?

so very jealous of a semi literate xenophobic multi troll.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

calciopoli - 26 Sep 2020 8:11 PM

congratulations, you have levelled up to Simpleton Highest Order

You have enlightened the people, piss off stupid! Join the defund the Police crowd!
notarobot
notarobot
Rising Star
Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)Rising Star (783 reputation)

Be great to keep this to the original topic , I mean if Ye want to debate current America and Chinese political policies I’m sure there are numerous other forums Ye can fuck off and use,. Thanks 
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Heart_fan - 23 Sep 2020 11:42 PM
aok - 23 Sep 2020 11:08 PM

Something I was thinking, are there any other viable options for NJ to play matches at another ground In Newcastle? With the talk of needing venues the better suit the needs of clubs, I started looking around the country and would be interested to know what they could do as an alternative.

Guess I'll try to put this thread back on topic after 3 pages of political wank.

Best 2nd option for the Jets would be No.2 Sportsground which is much closer to the CBD but also would need some upgrades. W-League and Y-League already play a fair chunk of their games there. Throw enough dollars at it and it could be something akin to a smaller Hindmarsh. The Rugby Union toss pots believe they have a divine right to it but football seems to be using it more and more now (NPL grand final there this year).

https://i1.wp.com/womenschronicle.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/no.2-sportsground.jpg?fit=1614%2C908&ssl=1

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

evolution - 26 Sep 2020 11:32 PM
Heart_fan - 23 Sep 2020 11:42 PM

Guess I'll try to put this thread back on topic after 3 pages of political wank.

Best 2nd option for the Jets would be No.2 Sportsground which is much closer to the CBD but also would need some upgrades. W-League and Y-League already play a fair chunk of their games there. Throw enough dollars at it and it could be something akin to a smaller Hindmarsh. The Rugby Union toss pots believe they have a divine right to it but football seems to be using it more and more now (NPL grand final there this year).

https://i1.wp.com/womenschronicle.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/no.2-sportsground.jpg?fit=1614%2C908&ssl=1

I'm just amazed there are even enough toffs in newcastle to support a Union community.

Shame the old breakers ground was lost to the game but no 2 does look like a decent facility in a good spot to host events in newcastle that don't require use of the main stadium. 

Viennese Vuck

Footyball
Footyball
Pro

notarobot - 26 Sep 2020 10:08 PM
Be great to keep this to the original topic , I mean if Ye want to debate current America and Chinese political policies I’m sure there are numerous other forums Ye can fuck off and use,. Thanks 

Sure ye, didn't intend to be involved in that initially, you have a point dingbat, will do.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

soccerfoo - 26 Sep 2020 8:04 PM

Can only hope. Not a fan of extreme lefties.

Funy thing is extreme lefties & extreme right are alot closer together then you think, give you a hint, the word Extreme.

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Just one more comment then I'll let it lie.

The character of an owner is relevant to football discussion. The game does not solely exist within the four corner flags or a stadium.

The US political discussion does not belong here but the Chinese government discussion does. In communist China there is no such thing as an independent company. If an owner or potential owner of any club was a convicted fraudster or paedophile, we would be discussing the situation just as much for the impact on our reputation and image, as much as on what it might actually mean physically and financially to the club and the game.

To label it "off track" or "three pages of political wanking" because you don't want to read about it or do not feel strongly about it does not make it irrelevant to either the thread or football.

I disagree strongly that the discussion was not initially relevant.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

breakers old stadium, currently a greyhound track
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 27 Sep 2020 10:12 AM
Just one more comment then I'll let it lie.

The character of an owner is relevant to football discussion. The game does not solely exist within the four corner flags or a stadium.

The US political discussion does not belong here but the Chinese government discussion does. In communist China there is no such thing as an independent company. If an owner or potential owner of any club was a convicted fraudster or paedophile, we would be discussing the situation just as much for the impact on our reputation and image, as much as on what it might actually mean physically and financially to the club and the game.

To label it "off track" or "three pages of political wanking" because you don't want to read about it or do not feel strongly about it does not make it irrelevant to either the thread or football.

I disagree strongly that the discussion was not initially relevant.

If you can link the owners to criminal syndicates then bring it forward, otherwise I fail to see what nefarious intentions the Chinese having by investing in an Australian football club. Otherwise it is just racists who don't want us to deal with the Chinese because they are Asians and commies and are plotting to take over the world an Qanon and shit.

Australia has a trade relation with China, deal with it.

Beaten by Eldar

CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Eldar - 27 Sep 2020 4:07 PM
Roar in me Blood - 27 Sep 2020 10:12 AM

If you can link the owners to criminal syndicates then bring it forward, otherwise I fail to see what nefarious intentions the Chinese having by investing in an Australian football club. Otherwise it is just racists who don't want us to deal with the Chinese because they are Asians and commies and are plotting to take over the world an Qanon and shit.

Australia has a trade relation with China, deal with it.

It is hard to see how the Jets fit into a geopolitical strategy, I admit, but it also has to be said that the trade relationship is currently highly problematic.
Edited
4 Years Ago by CS
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

CS - 27 Sep 2020 4:10 PM
Eldar - 27 Sep 2020 4:07 PM

Eldar, you are a consistently informed poster, but you are markedly oversimplifying the complexity of dealing with any Chineses entity at present.  The aggression of their regime under Xi cannot be dismissed as easily as this.

So why do we dismiss the aggression of America?

I would rather bring China around through a global alliance of liberal, democratic nations than atagonise them into conflict whilst simultaneously breaking up global alliances and retreating to rampant nationalism and isolationism and trade wars.

That is my two cents.

Beaten by Eldar

CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Eldar - 27 Sep 2020 4:15 PM
CS - 27 Sep 2020 4:10 PM

So why do we dismiss the aggression of America?

I would rather bring China around through a global alliance of liberal, democratic nations than atagonise them into conflict whilst simultaneously breaking up global alliances and retreating to rampant nationalism and isolationism and trade wars.

That is my two cents.

Yeah, I modified my comment just after you posted.  I agree.  But they are throwing their weight around too much for comfort at the moment.  

I mean, I would never suggest we bar the buyout of the Jets!   Like you I welcome the investment.
Edited
4 Years Ago by CS
General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

BLM founders on record stating that they are trained Marxists. BLM is not black lives matter, one is a political movement and the other is common sense.

I love how people who cannot discuss the genuine threat the CCP (it's a political party not a people FFS) immediately call the people who don't conflate melanin levels a subcutaneous fat deposits with ability as racists.

If you think a group of people are incapable of success because of inherent characteristics you are the racist. If you think a group of people are hateful because of their inherent characteristics then you are a racist. As soon as you stop dealing with someone as an individual and instead as a member of a racial group, then you are a racist.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

Eldar
Eldar
Pro

CS - 27 Sep 2020 4:16 PM
Eldar - 27 Sep 2020 4:15 PM

Yeah, I modified my comment just after you posted.  I agree.  But they are throwing their weight around too much for comfort at the moment.  

Absolutely, authoritarian rule, border expansion and human rights abuses need to be address, not necessarily by the FFA though.

It doesn't even really need to be addressed by this thread either I guess.

Beaten by Eldar

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search