Chinese company agrees to buy A-League team Newcastle Jets [Comments]

Chinese company agrees to buy A-League team Newcastle Jets [Comments]

Author
heyitsrobbie1984
Super Fan
Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)Super Fan (167 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Brian Kidd - 26 Sep 2020 7:33 PM
The DSA (Divided States of America) is heading for a massive breakup.

The "Liberal (Blue)" minded states simply can't tolerate remaining in a UNION with the RACIST/ANTI-ENVIRONMENT/ANTI-ABORTION/BIBLE BASHING REDNECKS & HYPOCRITES of the "Republican (Red)" states for much longer and WILL MOVE to secede from the union to set up their own country.

AND the same thing could happen here.

Yeah with WA wanting to do that, problem is that the population is extremely tiny, and defending it will be an impossible task.

Their government will also be hard left as well.

General Ashnak - 27 Sep 2020 4:17 PM
BLM founders on record stating that they are trained Marxists. BLM is not black lives matter, one is a political movement and the other is common sense.

that is correct. they are continuing what the Black Panther Marxist group has started in the 1960s

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Any chance we can stick to Newcastle Jets and create a special thread for world politics elsewhere?? 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Agree with everything GA has said on here.  Does that mean other countries aren't up to shady shit?  Of course not but I'd take a corrupt US over the Chinese government every day of the week.

They are overtly and covertly playing a long game of world domination by any and every means possible.

Add middle east monarchies to the list of cunce that shouldn't be allowed to buy into the A league.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 28 Sep 2020 1:44 PM
Agree with everything GA has said on here.  Does that mean other countries aren't up to shady shit?  Of course not but I'd take a corrupt US over the Chinese government every day of the week.

They are overtly and covertly playing a long game of world domination by any and every means possible.

Add middle east monarchies to the list of cunce that shouldn't be allowed to buy into the A league.

At the very least, the People's Republic of China aims to be the world's most powerful superpower with the ability to do anything it wants to do and for the West to accept it with no protest whatsoever. As you say, by any and every means possible. And it's incumbent upon the West to take the necessary measures to contain such expansion and, publicly, to stand up to CCP bullying.

Whether the CCP actually wants world domination is less clear to me. But just wanting to become the world's foremost hegemony, while being a one-party autocratic state (with a ruler for life) and no concept of individual liberties, is enough to warrant swift, decisive and multilateral action from other countries with opposing values.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
soccerfoo - 23 Sep 2020 9:23 PM
Interesting that the Jets can find a new backer, yet Mariners have been looking for ages but nothing, unless the license is taken away from the Coast, 
then there are afew around that have enquired. Why is the Coast so unattractive to major investors from anywhere?

My loose understanding of it is because CCM comes with a lot more debt.

I think I recall seeing to get to the 15m licence fee, the Jerks were looking at around 11-12m to the owner whereas CCM were 3-4m. I remember reading into it more a while back, but in essence it told me Jerks were about 3-4m in debt where CCM were around 11m in debt. 
Brian Kidd
Brian Kidd
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
quickflick - 28 Sep 2020 2:06 PM
Munrubenmuz - 28 Sep 2020 1:44 PM

At the very least, the People's Republic of China aims to be the world's most powerful superpower with the ability to do anything it wants to do and for the West to accept it with no protest whatsoever. As you say, by any and every means possible. And it's incumbent upon the West to take the necessary measures to contain such expansion and, publicly, to stand up to CCP bullying.

Whether the CCP actually wants world domination is less clear to me. But just wanting to become the world's foremost hegemony, while being a one-party autocratic state (with a ruler for life) and no concept of individual liberties, is enough to warrant swift, decisive and multilateral action from other countries with opposing values.

You have just painted "a life-like picture in words" of...................................................................................the U.....S......A!

Their "hegemony over the world" since WW2, has almost destroyed it!!!

Football, the TRUE game of Australias 1914-1918 First World War heroes and original ANZACs

Aussie Rules, Rugby League and Cricket, the TRUE games of Australias 1914-1918 First World War shirkers, frauds and cowardly draft dodgers

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Brian Kidd - 28 Sep 2020 3:39 PM
quickflick - 28 Sep 2020 2:06 PM

You have just painted "a life-like picture in words" of...................................................................................the U.....S......A!

Their "hegemony over the world" since WW2, has almost destroyed it!!!

I think not.

Is the United States a one-party autocratic state? No, it's a federal constitutional republic whose president is elected by way of democratic vote.
Does the United States have a president for life? No. They can be voted out every four years.
Does the United States have no concept of civil liberties? No. It has a constitution which enshrines civil liberties.
The Declaration of Independence which foreshadowed it is based on the same Lockean ideals which inform the main articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Are you allowed to criticise the state in the US? Yes. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the First Amendment.
Does the United States have a judiciary which "manages" a 99% conviction rate? No.

Is the United States the world's foremost hegemony? Yes.
Has the United States done terrible things? Absolutely. Invasion of Iraq, extrajudicial killings, drone strikes which have killed innocent civilians, napalm in Vietnam, destabilising democratic governments in South America, terrible treatment of people of colour, Latinos and poor people within the United States. The list goes on and on. Nevertheless, while the US has an average human rights record, China's human rights record is non-existent. You can't say anything critical of the state lest you be labelled a "separatist".

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

quickflick - 28 Sep 2020 4:08 PM
Brian Kidd - 28 Sep 2020 3:39 PM

I think not.

Is the United States a one-party autocratic state? No, it's a federal constitutional republic whose president is elected by way of democratic vote.
Does the United States have a president for life? No. They can be voted out every four years.
Does the United States have no concept of civil liberties? No. It has a constitution which enshrines civil liberties.
The Declaration of Independence which foreshadowed it is based on the same Lockean ideals which inform the main articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Are you allowed to criticise the state in the US? Yes. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the First Amendment.
Does the United States have a judiciary which "manages" a 99% conviction rate? No.

Is the United States the world's foremost hegemony? Yes.
Has the United States done terrible things? Absolutely. Invasion of Iraq, extrajudicial killings, drone strikes which have killed innocent civilians, napalm in Vietnam, destabilising democratic governments in South America, terrible treatment of people of colour, Latinos and poor people within the United States. The list goes on and on. Nevertheless, while the US has an average human rights record, China's human rights record is non-existent. You can't say anything critical of the state lest you be labelled a "separatist".

America hasn't been a democracy in a long time.  
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:10 PM
quickflick - 28 Sep 2020 4:08 PM

America hasn't been a democracy in a long time.  

LOL

In a resort somewhere

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paulc - 28 Sep 2020 6:36 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 28 Sep 2020 6:10 PM

LOL

Typical response for someone who has no clue. 
phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 27 Sep 2020 10:12 AM
Just one more comment then I'll let it lie.

The character of an owner is relevant to football discussion. The game does not solely exist within the four corner flags or a stadium.

The US political discussion does not belong here but the Chinese government discussion does. In communist China there is no such thing as an independent company. If an owner or potential owner of any club was a convicted fraudster or paedophile, we would be discussing the situation just as much for the impact on our reputation and image, as much as on what it might actually mean physically and financially to the club and the game.

To label it "off track" or "three pages of political wanking" because you don't want to read about it or do not feel strongly about it does not make it irrelevant to either the thread or football.

I disagree strongly that the discussion was not initially relevant.

Good post. The only thing I'll add is that for as long as Chinese investment broadly is allowed in Australia by Australian law, and trade tensions or not at present we do still trade with China, I really don't see how or why FFA or anyone in football should stand in the way of this if the financial and moral credentials of the new owner (not the state) stacks up. Its not Australian Football's job or place to crusade against Chinese interests in this country or anywhere else. If the threat really is that serious our governments and diplomats need to protect us, not the FFA.

By the way, doesn't this forum have mods anymore? I'm sure some of the stuff in here would have been nipped in the bud in the past... 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search