Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 1 Oct 2021 11:05 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 11:00 PM

It's a public forum and all opinions are welcome just like your's.

Fair cop... Ok  no problem. Have you actually visited Lakeside? Is there a better stadium in Victoria for football (outside of AAMI which is a magnificent place I agree)?
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 Oct 2021 11:24 PM

Fair cop... Ok  no problem. Have you actually visited Lakeside? Is there a better stadium in Victoria for football (outside of AAMI which is a magnificent place I agree)?

No i have not been, but from what i have seen in photo's and TV , the sides are decent , but the rest is woeful. TBF their are not that many football friendly stadiums in Australia.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 1 Oct 2021 11:38 PM

No i have not been, but from what i have seen in photo's and TV , the sides are decent , but the rest is woeful. TBF their are not that many football friendly stadiums in Australia.

Photos probably don’t do it justice, it’s a much better venue live, at least from the main grandstands. That said it would look great if it was packed all around.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 1 Oct 2021 11:38 PM

Yeah the "Curvas" are just concrete terracing but could easily be converted to seating without a huge cost ... Atmosphere wise, it can be quite cavernous without many people, but a great, noisy raucous little stadium wish anything north of say 7k... 2016 Grand Final below is good example,, 1st half the dicks at FFV didn't open up the stand opposite the clubrooms for some reason and forced people,to sit on the concrete terraces, when they opened up it was much better..... 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSGIoabwcJg

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1448240269095161856

C'mon lads.... train hard
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Oct 2021 4:50 PM

This is gonna be a ripper!! Any particular players to look out for mate?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 15 Oct 2021 5:55 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Oct 2021 4:50 PM

This is gonna be a ripper!! Any particular players to look out for mate?

Mate were probably gonna get creamed, last match was July and since then club has been on ice. Hoare has signed with Brisbane  but a couple of our lads should impress. Look out for big Mark Jankovic and Jake Marshall (if he is back match fit ) as well as Elmazi. Sylaidos could either be a dead ringer for your Tilio or have the quietest game in history, has a mazy run and decent touch but was out of form before the lockdown. Harrison Sawyer needs to play big up top and Wallen is back and a handy midfielder, should teammup nicely with Luke Pavlou who, for mine, was the most improved player this year..... at least before lockdown.  Schroen and Norton in the image are seasoned South men and now what this means to the club..... Hope to hear more about the squad closer to the date as they just started training.... Hope you come along, I promise we don't bite down at Lakeside and will make you all feel welcome.... I sooooooo can't wait. 
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Oct 2021 11:14 PM
Melbcityguy - 15 Oct 2021 5:55 PM

Mate were probably gonna get creamed, last match was July and since then club has been on ice. Hoare has signed with Brisbane  but a couple of our lads should impress. Look out for big Mark Jankovic and Jake Marshall (if he is back match fit ) as well as Elmazi. Sylaidos could either be a dead ringer for your Tilio or have the quietest game in history, has a mazy run and decent touch but was out of form before the lockdown. Harrison Sawyer needs to play big up top and Wallen is back and a handy midfielder, should teammup nicely with Luke Pavlou who, for mine, was the most improved player this year..... at least before lockdown.  Schroen and Norton in the image are seasoned South men and now what this means to the club..... Hope to hear more about the squad closer to the date as they just started training.... Hope you come along, I promise we don't bite down at Lakeside and will make you all feel welcome.... I sooooooo can't wait. 

In regards to Gerry it's not his fault our manager is a dud who doesn't know how to use him
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1455067216068546567
Classy move by the club, members and season ticket holders get free entry for the cup game... even though this is supposed a big moment for the club to make a bit of cashola.. Hope there is a decent crowd.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1455481920616161281
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJS5Bp0yHRI&feature=youtu.be

SMFCTV is back again next season, looks like...  lads are fired up for cup, its been a long time  between drinks. I picked up  my tickets  from the clubhouse this arvo and just had a bit of a walk around the stadium to get pumped up.... Hope it doesn't bucket down as predicted (f@ckin every time we have an Aleague rival it buckets down)  and keep the crowds away. The guys tell me tickets are selling well.
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Didn’t think this could be possible but the weather forecast for Friday could see this played in worse conditions than the game against Sydney fc 4 years ago.

I don’t think we’ve played a big game in decent weather for 15 years lol.
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

southmelb - 9 Nov 2021 8:15 PM
Didn’t think this could be possible but the weather forecast for Friday could see this played in worse conditions than the game against Sydney fc 4 years ago.

I don’t think we’ve played a big game in decent weather for 15 years lol.

HOOLIGAN BLOOOODDD RUNNING THROUGH OUR VEINS! HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO!
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

hellas_johnny - 9 Nov 2021 10:15 PM
southmelb - 9 Nov 2021 8:15 PM

HOOLIGAN BLOOOODDD RUNNING THROUGH OUR VEINS! HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN HOPE IT DOESNT RAIN LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLO!

Hahahah indeed...  We only sing for the cameras..... Someone should start a:
"When I go to Lakeside, I go out of my brain,
And I just can't get enough....
I just can't get enough.....""
Hahahah that would be hilarious....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Nice little piece by a young up and coming sport writer Thomas Williams.... Interesting an drespectful take from a young bloke ... there is hope yet...
https://kick360.com.au/a-tale-of-two-football-clubs-south-melbourne-vs-melbourne-city/

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Big Ange will be watching from Glasgow tomorrow night lads, play hard, do your best and you never know, you might be playing in Paradise next year :)

https://twitter.com/FFACup/status/1458577714240184322

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 12:14 PM
Big Ange will be watching from Glasgow tomorrow night lads, play hard, do your best and you never know, you might be playing in Paradise next year :)

https://twitter.com/FFACup/status/1458577714240184322

Time and date for this game and where could I watch this game? 

I am expecting a full house Mono and 40 thousand turned away at the gate based, well, based on everything you say.

FWIW I hope Souths beat City.

Member since 2008.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 11 Nov 2021 12:49 PM

I am expecting a full house Mono and 40 thousand turned away at the gate based, well, based on everything you say.

Tomorrow night 7:30 pm. You can stream for free via 10Play.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Hey Muz, 7.30 kickoff tomorrow night (12th Nov) and Im pretty sure it will be on 10Play...

Its capped at 5 thousand mate so sorry no 40 thousand crowd, should get a half decent turn out though despite the weather.  WU are playing the next day against Newcastle I think and pretty sure we wont get a better crowd than these two Aleague giants going at it :)

FORZA HELLAS>>>>>>>>
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 11 Nov 2021 1:46 PM

Hey Muz, 7.30 kickoff tomorrow night (12th Nov) and Im pretty sure it will be on 10Play...

Its capped at 5 thousand mate so sorry no 40 thousand crowd, should get a half decent turn out though despite the weather.  WU are playing the next day against Newcastle I think and pretty sure we wont get a better crowd than these two Aleague giants going at it :)

FORZA HELLAS>>>>>>>>

Thx

Member since 2008.

Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Should be a great game two massive clubs at the top of their game 2-1 SM win. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Good luck for tonight hope it’s a good game and the best team wins 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Looking forward to this - go SMH !

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

JDB03 - 11 Nov 2021 7:25 PM
Should be a great game two massive clubs at the top of their game 2-1 SM win. 

From your lips to God's ears mate.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 12 Nov 2021 8:19 AM
Looking forward to this - go SMH !

Thanks LFC --- Sorry but Ill be cheering for Olympic for your clash coming up, I hope you understand :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 12 Nov 2021 7:52 AM
Good luck for tonight hope it’s a good game and the best team wins 

Thanks MCG, Good luck to you guys too mate ... Whatever happens (Im sure you'll turn us over)  I will be just happy to be on the terraces with a beer in hand again after all this time.

Are you coming along?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1458953558674444289

Entry info
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Now THATS a collection ....
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Nov 2021 9:25 AM
Melbcityguy - 12 Nov 2021 7:52 AM

Thanks MCG, Good luck to you guys too mate ... Whatever happens (Im sure you'll turn us over)  I will be just happy to be on the terraces with a beer in hand again after all this time.

Are you coming along?

Nah watching on tv unfortunately I couldn’t find anyone to go with. My lass is working who I usually go to games with. My old boss goes for South melbourne so we have had a bit of banter this week 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search