Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Melbcityguy - 12 Nov 2021 3:26 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Nov 2021 9:25 AM

Nah watching on tv unfortunately I couldn’t find anyone to go with. My lass is working who I usually go to games with. My old boss goes for South melbourne so we have had a bit of banter this week 

Ive got a spare ticket to Hellas active area as a mate just called and has to isolate for bullshit Covid case at his kids school (he is gutted) Wont be fun if you wear the wrong shade of blue though :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Nov 2021 9:23 AM
LFC. - 12 Nov 2021 8:19 AM

Thanks LFC --- Sorry but Ill be cheering for Olympic for your clash coming up, I hope you understand :)

MSC, no need saying sorry for I'm not sure myself despite being a SFC member - being Italian/Cro blood obviously I'm more APIA/SydCro and have alot of greek mates so have a soft spot for SO based over the years and have some links.
Deep down I'd sooner NPL wins more than AL I guess.

Nice collection.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

LFC. - 12 Nov 2021 4:46 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Nov 2021 9:23 AM

MSC, no need saying sorry for I'm not sure myself despite being a SFC member - being Italian/Cro blood obviously I'm more APIA/SydCro and have alot of greek mates so have a soft spot for SO based over the years and have some links.
Deep down I'd sooner NPL wins more than AL I guess.

Nice collection.

Its not mine, someone posted online and I was impressed, although mine is fairly similar :)
FORZA APIA for the cup mate, I think Ive told you before I would LOVE to come up to Sydney for that one...
Off to the ground now, hope Im not too hung over tomorrow :)

SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Mono, is this the normal game plan for the South Melbourne boys to park the bus from kickoff?
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 12 Nov 2021 8:32 PM
Mono, is this the normal game plan for the South Melbourne boys to park the bus from kickoff?

We would be lying if we said this hasnt been done throughout the season, we go to teams like Oakleigh with a back 5 lol. This muppet thought he could hold City to penalties.
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

southmelb - 12 Nov 2021 10:11 PM

We would be lying if we said this hasnt been done throughout the season, we go to teams like Oakleigh with a back 5 lol. This muppet thought he could hold City to penalties.

Yeah it was a shame he set them up like that, but they didn't disgrace themselves - they were up against a pretty good team 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SoccerooFan - 12 Nov 2021 11:05 PM
southmelb - 12 Nov 2021 10:11 PM

Yeah it was a shame he set them up like that, but they didn't disgrace themselves - they were up against a pretty good team 

Nah mate, he usually has them park the bus "before" kick off just in case.... FFS.. Its sooooo frustrating, and not the Hellas way.... The fans are  ot happy, trust me. 
Proud of the lads, did their best despite being only 3 x weeks into proper training and only 1 x friendly hitoutt as opposed to full time pros, who had a full pre-season under the belt and 3/4 playing competitive matches at the Olympics ... the difference showed, in speed, in fitness in strength. was a mighty effort to keep them to only 3 I reckon, young Benny Djiba was MOM for mine, kept Tilio in his pocket all game, it was the left hand side we were beaten on , Norton getting turned around by Atkinson and co....
Well done to Melbourne UAE, they have a talented squad, I really liked that North Maco kid "Kolakovski" #17 I think., and that little #10 the French guy will be a  nice player to watch..
Oh well,  FFA cup is over, farewell to live football till February at least, let's pray we get a full season this time, these last two years have been terrible.
Lol at Avondalde Scumvengers for taking NPLVic to court to be crowned 2021 Champions  even though season was cancelled like last years.... hahaha so desperate for the 25k prize money they'll do anything to get it the whores... meanwhile we made a tidy little sum from 4.3k fans turning up 
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 Nov 2021 11:46 PM
SoccerooFan - 12 Nov 2021 11:05 PM

Nah mate, he usually has them park the bus "before" kick off just in case.... FFS.. Its sooooo frustrating, and not the Hellas way.... The fans are  ot happy, trust me. 
Proud of the lads, did their best despite being only 3 x weeks into proper training and only 1 x friendly hitoutt as opposed to full time pros, who had a full pre-season under the belt and 3/4 playing competitive matches at the Olympics ... the difference showed, in speed, in fitness in strength. was a mighty effort to keep them to only 3 I reckon, young Benny Djiba was MOM for mine, kept Tilio in his pocket all game, it was the left hand side we were beaten on , Norton getting turned around by Atkinson and co....
Well done to Melbourne UAE, they have a talented squad, I really liked that North Maco kid "Kolakovski" #17 I think., and that little #10 the French guy will be a  nice player to watch..
Oh well,  FFA cup is over, farewell to live football till February at least, let's pray we get a full season this time, these last two years have been terrible.
Lol at Avondalde Scumvengers for taking NPLVic to court to be crowned 2021 Champions  even though season was cancelled like last years.... hahaha so desperate for the 25k prize money they'll do anything to get it the whores... meanwhile we made a tidy little sum from 4.3k fans turning up 

Yeah great to see your supporters singing until the final whistle and talking with the players after the game I agree your RB had a great game & kept Tilio pretty quiet. Atkinson MOM. Can't really blame the coach for those tactics, MC are a pretty good team these days. 
Fingers crossed you guys get a full season next year, we were pretty lucky up here in Brissie last season
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 14 Nov 2021 1:58 AM

Yeah great to see your supporters singing until the final whistle and talking with the players after the game I agree your RB had a great game & kept Tilio pretty quiet. Atkinson MOM. Can't really blame the coach for those tactics, MC are a pretty good team these days. 
Fingers crossed you guys get a full season next year, we were pretty lucky up here in Brissie last season

We could play a team a division below us and the coach would still use similar tactics to that.

I can’t imagine South luring much attacking talent this off season, you’d be nuts to go play for a coach where you know you will hardly touch the ball.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SoccerooFan - 14 Nov 2021 1:58 AM

Nah as SM says above, Quintas has been using these tactics against any opposition.. Its  not as if (compared to other NPL level clubs) we don't have the pacy wingers or competent AMs to play higher up the park, he just  makes the most bizarre squad selections and has a very very defensive mindset. I mean we have been playing 2 cb, 2 full backs and a sweeper all year..... A sweeper??? When was the last time you ever saw a sweeper, 1989? lololo
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1460835441263792129

Hey my QLD NPL buddies, can anyone give me an opinion on our latest QLDnder? Max Mikkola? We love poaching talented QLDnders down here :)

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Andy Brennan back,  happy with this one :)
https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1463801211337908224
decent "ins" so far
Brennan, Chris Irwin back from season long ACL, Lopez new keeper, Mikkola from QLD and another signing tonight, presumed to be Webb from Knights.
Great to see some of the lads signing on for longer 2 year contracts these days too, Marko and Harrison expecting huge things next year lads.

Outs, P Clarke - not sure where
Sylaidos and Zak Bates - rumoured Northcote City 
Hore - Brisbane Roar
Pavlou - unsure but sad to see go.
Does anyone know what happened to our "wonderstars" 2 game if anything  Baressi and Sey?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/Football/State-League-Football
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Couldn't find a thread for you but at least you can buys some merch.
https://www.wish.com/product/disgusting-funny-plastic-simulation-realistic-fake-human-poop-turd-novelty-toy-5be91c86da9e78267c085549?hide_login_modal=true&share=web

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1464427810726973442
Another winger on the  books.... Esteban won't know what to do with them all......
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

2022 fixtures are up.... Bergers at Lakeside on 17th Feb ...........ffs that's two  month's away......
Another top notch fixture launch by the South team, just too good. The new Celtic followers are just lapping up the Ange connection too, awesome and supportive comments, A lot of South supporters have had a soft spot for Celtic, whether from the Lisbon Lions, or Viduka, Samaras connection,  now more so with Angie and Tommy Rogic there....Gotta come down to Lakeside Melbourne bhoys you'll fit right the f#ck in  :)
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1473180858022391810
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1473181631540187139

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I love the fixture launch. How SM aren't allowed in the top tier is beyond me.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

haha classic and smart.....
Obviously I love the Avondale sona Italyano thumbs up big fella.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

theFOOTBALLlover - 22 Dec 2021 2:18 PM
I love the fixture launch. How SM aren't allowed in the top tier is beyond me.

Ummmm, welllllll we all know the answer to that one, but some foramites get annoyed when I constantly try to bring it up.... :)It rhymes with "blatant trucking pacism" if that helps :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 22 Dec 2021 2:55 PM
haha classic and smart.....
Obviously I love the Avondale sona Italyano thumbs up big fella.

Best one is the Choakleigh song..... literally translated " I don't want friends like them" .... hahahah nailed it perfectly the media guys are unreal at South, all of them... A couple, help out at Northcote City Hercules ( I believe) who are another fantastic club, best souva in Melbourne for me and they put out the below for their fixture.... had me salivating... and that version of "I was made for loving you baby" is just sooooooooo NPL.... love it. 
https://mobile.twitter.com/NorthcoteCity/status/1473472283612106753

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1477928407983792130
Sad news for Hellas fans, especially the older generations who remember the exploits of Odyssea Kokkinos. He was warmly regarded by all and I was privileged to chat to him a few times at the club  but his playing days were before my time. RIP legend, may the soil be light and the journey sweet.
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 3 Jan 2022 10:13 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1477928407983792130
Sad news for Hellas fans, especially the older generations who remember the exploits of Odyssea Kokkinos. He was warmly regarded by all and I was privileged to chat to him a few times at the club  but his playing days were before my time. RIP legend, may the soil be light and the journey sweet.

Good story on him from a few years ago ..

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/dec/16/the-forgotten-story-of-ulysses-kokkinos-australias-original-playboy-footballer

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

South Melbourne folk.... anything behind or sorry is the copied post below correct in any way.... taken from another site but a very arcuate poster.

""""
south melbourne might struggle with funding now

their main financier, ross (pelligra group) is the east coast propert developer in talks to buy a 85% majority ownership stake of adelaide united

the pelligra group have gone on a buying spree in recent years in adelaide – several buildings and the baseball team are recent purchases

the pelligra group are competing with a european and asian consortium for the purchase of the club. – who have had bids of 12 & 14 million dollars turned down.'''''

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 4 Jan 2022 9:37 PM
South Melbourne folk.... anything behind or sorry is the copied post below correct in any way.... taken from another site but a very arcuate poster.

""""
south melbourne might struggle with funding now

their main financier, ross (pelligra group) is the east coast propert developer in talks to buy a 85% majority ownership stake of adelaide united

the pelligra group have gone on a buying spree in recent years in adelaide – several buildings and the baseball team are recent purchases

the pelligra group are competing with a european and asian consortium for the purchase of the club. – who have had bids of 12 & 14 million dollars turned down.'''''

Wishfull thinking mate  but the Pelligra brothers were looking to invest in South during the Aleague bid years, throwing a couple of bucks into a community club for a couple of years just be named a
corporate sponsor.. Not even enough to get onto the front of the shirt. Always thankful for the sponsorship and support but we dont need someone to "purchase the club" here, they can take their  financial ambitions straight to the feeding trough that Silver Lake is creating,  Maybe they can buy the Marinades? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

RoyalDave - 4 Jan 2022 10:19 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 3 Jan 2022 10:13 PM

Good story on him from a few years ago ..

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/dec/16/the-forgotten-story-of-ulysses-kokkinos-australias-original-playboy-footballer

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1477978130501435394
Cheers, have seen it before and agree is an awesome read.... what a crazy life, can you believe he gave up on playing a UCL final (European cup against Ajax in 1971 final in Wembley stadium.... single greatest club achievement of a Greek club to date) to come play state league in Australia for his Hellas?..... hahahahah unheard of.......,
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Jan 2022 10:26 PM
Midfielder - 4 Jan 2022 9:37 PM

Wishfull thinking mate  but the Pelligra brothers were looking to invest in South during the Aleague bid years, throwing a couple of bucks into a community club for a couple of years just be named a
corporate sponsor.. Not even enough to get onto the front of the shirt. Always thankful for the sponsorship and support but we dont need someone to "purchase the club" here, they can take their  financial ambitions straight to the feeding trough that Silver Lake is creating,  Maybe they can buy the Marinades? 

What wishful thinking... twas simply asking a question and you answered it... they are no big deal to SM... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 4 Jan 2022 11:28 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Jan 2022 10:26 PM

What wishful thinking... twas simply asking a question and you answered it... they are no big deal to SM... 

Wishful thinking by those waiting to celebrate eveytime South stumbles..... They are not as major a deal as your buddy AA seems to think.... 
BTW your buddy Janakan popping up with his same old, tired, anti NSD rhetoric every few months is pathetic and I don't know how you and the same old tired bunch over there bother to engage with it? Ask him to drag out old Frank Brunoskevic, you know, the made up ex NSL champion who he "interviewed" about why the old "effnik" clubs are shit...... This is what's wrong with soccer in this country mate...... lies and half truths.... Some phoney interview subject  ( with a fake made up yugo sounding name) quotes the old clubs haven't got any money, an CFG employ moonlighting as a reporter breaks the story that NPL clubs didn't pay superannuation to a player, another so called commentator tells the whole world that an NPL club canteen is profiteering and charging $10 for a bucket of chips and all you Aleague apologists let them get away with it.....
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://www.smfc.com.au/2022-smfc-membership/
4 odd weeks to go till round one, had a tune up game against Mornington and the  new lads are gelling apparently.
https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1482248125415038978?cxt=HHwWhIDRhaO0gJIpAAAA
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://mobile.twitter.com/smfc/status/1487023568068100097?cxt=HHwWgoCqtc-D_KIpAAAA
Banging goals in for fun in the preseason.... 3 x weeks to go .......
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

2 days to go ... Thursday 7.30 Lakeside ........ Cant wait.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1493345663295246337?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search