European Super league.

European Super league.

Author
#Blessed
Super Fan
Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)Super Fan (168 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
huddo - 19 Apr 2021 3:49 PM
huddo - 19 Apr 2021 3:42 PM

The ICC trophy? Pakistan won it, but your aware that is sanctioned by the ICC, thus the name. This is an international trophy too. So your comparison is well off.

Your response makes my point far better than I could ever do. Bravo.
https://www.internationalchampionscup.com/

Volkz
Volkz
Hacker
Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 19 Apr 2021 12:27 PM
Volkz - 19 Apr 2021 11:45 AM

How is it different? The A league is a closed shop, this proposed new league is a closed shop.

Even if you are correct about everything you say the A league should still be open to teams with money, ambition and merit.  Like it is in EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

How it different is what I have stated in the first post that you have just responded to but I will just make a simple sentence here to explain how it is different, only one of the reasons and only one sentence for you so you can I understand; The A-League is maintaining and developing slowly to become a leader in creating an open system despite Australia's failing football market (no one here actually cares enough despite what you see on twitter/facebook) whilst ESL is forever a closed shop. 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Volkz
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

#Blessed - 19 Apr 2021 3:53 PM
huddo - 19 Apr 2021 3:49 PM

Your response makes my point far better than I could ever do. Bravo.
https://www.internationalchampionscup.com/

All 19 matches, the Super League will be at least 18 matches for EACH team with a possibility of 25, not a max of 3 matches. And it ain't an exhibition in random countries done as a preseason it's midweek, mid season. 

That's why youre a retard, you comparing a preseason money maker exibition tournament to a continental cup.
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

#Blessed - 19 Apr 2021 2:49 PM
Assuming this isn't a negotiation tactic. Why has the entire world pissed their collective pants on this?

I haven't found a reasonable, well-made argument against this yet. As I understand it, the foundation clubs have no intention of leaving their domestic competions. Have they said they will not compete in UEL or UCL yet? Not that I can find.

So that essentially means they're keeping their current obligations, whilst adding what is essentially an ICC type money-spinner 'competition' to their schedules... So who cares? Who is the victim here? If the supporters feel they're being gouged for more content, then don't subscribe, you haven't lost anything.

"This will kill grassroots etc" - How? Why? Because if leagues ban their top clubs it takes money away from the top division which has an effect on parachute payments, payments to fund the lower leagues, player development. Some smaller lower division clubs may go bust especially in the current environment.  The local example is people arguing we cannot afford a 2nd div in Aus because the AL doesnt generate enough income.

"This is just a money grab by rich greedy faceless.. etc" - Yes, and? That's how football generates money. Except for these clubs want the ability to do for themselves (since they're the ones generating the vast majority of the value) and not be 100% subservient to UEFA, the apparent gatekeepers to football competition, who essentially make competitions to spin money and validate their own existence. Whilst no one likes UEFA (Especially me as a City fan) they also offer support to smaller leagues in Europe, so in doing this those leagues get less support. UEFA is a lot more than the big 5 leagues. It is part of the reason they are about to implement the UEFA Conference league

"All fans globally are opposed to it. Players oppose it. Managers oppose it. All clubs not involved oppose it. Governing bodies oppose it. Broadcasters oppose it." - this is not an argument, if anything, it reveals something far more sinister and psychologically telling than football clubs with huge expenditure creating potential revenue ventures. Those clubs do not need to have a huge expenditure, it is their choice. It is not as if European football is dying and this s a last ditch effort to save it. But again these already rich clubs are creating a new venture at the expense of smaller leagues and clubs, some of who can barely stay afloat.

Isn't this just a localised ICC that runs mid-week? Did we see the same reaction for ICC? This is an intended replacement to the Champions League.

The fact that ALL media are singing the EXACT same song, and everyone else is following the tune on this news is fucking scary, to say the least. Because everyone can see how stupid it is

This all gets explained in the Totally Football Podcast, but ive clarified for you 

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Caterm - 19 Apr 2021 3:21 PM
Barca4Life - 19 Apr 2021 11:01 AM

Well said Barca, he is just a bitter person angry that his team was not included in the A/L, the NSL had 40 odd years to get it right and still failed.

So that's it then.  They're out FORVERER?

That's why people are pissed mate.  Lots of clubs were basket cases in the past and have renewed or reinvented themselves.

That's all these other clubs want.  A chance.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 19 Apr 2021 1:17 PM
While it shows how bad the current set up is here, the NSL clubs argued for this type of concept ffs. They were totally against pro-rel, let's not forget that.....

Also, Lol at FIFA, UEFA etc trying to be the good guys. They're all wankers.

A lot of those clubs are the ultimate in plastic commodity football anyway, so this is hardly surprising. 

It's probably just a bargaining play, would be great if it backfires though.

Thats not completely true mate... Hate the old NSL as much as you like but over 27 years there where something like 47 clubs that actually participated. Yes it was run like a brothel and yes no team actually wanted to get relegated and YES South Melbourne didnt get relegated in 79 but argued and begged and eventually forced Sydney Olympic to... therein is the clue though, Sydney Olympic where relegated, as where the Bergers a few times as where countless others. And not just Sydney or Melbourne teams there where lots of stupid comings and goings but to say there was NO pro/rel is just an excuse. It wasnt perfect and it WASN'T professional and it WAS too ethnic for Mr and Mrs Mangles but everyone complaining above about the breakaway league and how it is closed off and not fair that Liverpool and Real and Chelsea cant get relegated, and then watch Victory get thumped week in week out ...... c'mon thats just insanity.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 19 Apr 2021 4:15 PM

That's why people are pissed mate.  Lots of clubs were basket cases in the past and have renewed or reinvented themselves.

Nah we are out forever mate, have a better chance of applying for the European Super League I reackon. hahahahahahahah
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

jas88 - 19 Apr 2021 12:51 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 11:22 AM

here you go mate... have a nice good read... you will know what everyone is talking about now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ia66e551zym8n8s/292358809-Crawford-Report-2003.pdf/file

Nice, thanks.

Could you kindly point me to the bit where Crawford calls for the dissolution of the NSL for a "full time" league I cant seem to find it.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 5:36 PM
tsf - 19 Apr 2021 1:17 PM

Thats not completely true mate... Hate the old NSL as much as you like but over 27 years there where something like 47 clubs that actually participated. Yes it was run like a brothel and yes no team actually wanted to get relegated and YES South Melbourne didnt get relegated in 79 but argued and begged and eventually forced Sydney Olympic to... therein is the clue though, Sydney Olympic where relegated, as where the Bergers a few times as where countless others. And not just Sydney or Melbourne teams there where lots of stupid comings and goings but to say there was NO pro/rel is just an excuse. It wasnt perfect and it WASN'T professional and it WAS too ethnic for Mr and Mrs Mangles but everyone complaining above about the breakaway league and how it is closed off and not fair that Liverpool and Real and Chelsea cant get relegated, and then watch Victory get thumped week in week out ...... c'mon thats just insanity.

I don't hate the NSL in any shape or form - I liked it, in fact I probably liked it more, and even more so in hindsight than the current system.

I am just saying that big NSL clubs were not only against but fought against relegation as an idea. You could also bet the farm if they were in the position of A-League clubs (or most clubs as per these European ones for that matter) now they'd probably act the same too. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by tsf
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Volkz - 19 Apr 2021 4:00 PM
Munrubenmuz - 19 Apr 2021 12:27 PM

The A-League is maintaining and developing slowly to become a leader in creating an open system despite Australia's failing football market (no one here actually cares enough despite what you see on twitter/facebook) whilst ESL is forever a closed shop. 

Exactly.  Just about every A-League fan on this forum wants promotion and relegation. 

The likes monoethnic constantly push the false narrative that we are happy with the status quo. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

So the big Euro clubs want to go even more plastic.

The APL should look at the formula as there’s too much purity in the A League plastic formula. Smarten up and don’t be unique.

Seems Lowy was on the right track after all. 

(ROFL at all the hysterical football kulchered over this) 😆 

In a resort somewhere

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

paulc - 19 Apr 2021 7:04 PM

The APL should look at the formula as there’s too much purity in the A League plastic formula. Smarten up and don’t be unique.

😂
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Looks like it's already taken a scalp. Jose has been sacked by Tottenham after he refused the squad to enter the training ground in response to their entry to the superleague
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Apr 2021 7:57 PM
Looks like it's already taken a scalp. Jose has been sacked by Tottenham after he refused the squad to enter the training ground in response to their entry to the superleague

You got a source, I can only find media reports it's performance based, not saying it is, just wouldn't mind a source
Caterm
Caterm
Fan
Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)

But they will get there chance in the NSD?
The A/L with all it faults is the only professional league we have and some people hear wants this league to fail,but guess what it won’t happen, as you can see with Newcastle the other teams are propping it up until a buyer is found.
just sick of people bagging the A/L as plastic or franchise, but I bet if there NPL club got a chance to play in the league they will be the first to attend the games, I call this people hypocrites.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

huddo - 19 Apr 2021 8:06 PM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 19 Apr 2021 7:57 PM

You got a source, I can only find media reports it's performance based, not saying it is, just wouldn't mind a source

Seen that rumour doing the rounds on Twitter but no one has confirmed it atm
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

It’s hardly a closed shop if you can win promotion to it. The only thing I don’t like about it is that certain clubs can’t be relegated. Remove that and there is a chance it takes off to become the de facto champions league. 

I’m in the minority but I kinda like super leagues. As long as they are structured properly. Country lines seem so arbitrary to divide leagues since players can play anywhere and still represent their national team. 

CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I just read this whole thread. It’s the same old tired stuff that keeps getting regurgitated, on both sides. 
Personally, I think a Super League is a terrible idea. I hate it. But there are smart people in those big clubs, with truckloads of money, and they have been wargaming this for years. Maybe the Packer World Series Cricket story is the best comparison, noting it revolutionised the game and the warring parties kissed and made up after three years. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

aufc_ole - 19 Apr 2021 8:13 PM
huddo - 19 Apr 2021 8:06 PM

Seen that rumour doing the rounds on Twitter but no one has confirmed it atm

Looks like the tweet  was done by a troll account and we all been had 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Apr 2021 6:51 PM

Exactly.  Just about every A-League fan on this forum wants promotion and relegation. 

The likes monoethnic constantly push the false narrative that we are happy with the status quo. 

Off the mark, most dont actually care.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 19 Apr 2021 6:04 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 5:36 PM

I don't hate the NSL in any shape or form - I liked it, in fact I probably liked it more, and even more so in hindsight than the current system.

I am just saying that big NSL clubs were not only against but fought against relegation as an idea. You could also bet the farm if they were in the position of A-League clubs (or most clubs as per these European ones for that matter) now they'd probably act the same too. 

Fair cop, I get what you are saying and your probably right but the fact is it never got to that and the clubs, despite the Machiavellian goings on behind the scenes at SA, never ever had the power over the league the owners of the franchises do now... Lowy basically sold them participation and guarantees of no relegation and even now clubs  are folding economically and the other owners are propping them up......  
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Are you talking about the same Aleague fans who want pro/rel as long as there is a club in every major city in the top league and relegation won't affect regional spread? Or that every club allowed to compete has no prior history past 2005? Or that WU is a great club because they represent a geographical region, drawn up with carefully created  demographic lines on countless threads over and over again? The same Aleague fans who, at the same time bemoan that the shit NPL can't get their act together and create a professional division  yet also cry that relegation in this country would lead to financial ruin of the ownership group as if that actually matter to anyone but the owners. There is no false narrative buddy, call me the bad guy if it makes you feel better, but for 16 years the Aleague has  even a closed shop and until it eventually dies it will remain a closed shop ... franchise fee entry only.
You claim to not be happy with the status quo but fans in England are tearing up their season tickets and turning their backs on clubs they are 3rd and 4th generation supporters of ..... after 1 day of this closed cartel shit....... What have Aleague fans done after 16 years of exactly the same?...

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

paulc - 19 Apr 2021 7:04 PM

Hahaha Lowy was a visionary...... Aleague > UEFA ..... who would have thought.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Caterm - 19 Apr 2021 8:11 PM

But they will get there chance in the NSD?
The A/L with all it faults is the only professional league we have and some people hear wants this league to fail,but guess what it won’t happen, as you can see with Newcastle the other teams are propping it up until a buyer is found.
just sick of people bagging the A/L as plastic or franchise, but I bet if there NPL club got a chance to play in the league they will be the first to attend the games, I call this people hypocrites.

I call people who are sick of their franchise being called a franchise soft headed. 
Its not just me bagging your little plastic league now precious, all of Europe is going a little feral with this, the money men have gone too far now and the undercurrent in most of Europe is f2ck this plastic closed off shit, that's only for US and Australian sports. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

TimmyJ - 19 Apr 2021 8:22 PM
It’s hardly a closed shop if you can win promotion to it. The only thing I don’t like about it is that certain clubs can’t be relegated. Remove that and there is a chance it takes off to become the de facto champions league. 

I’m in the minority but I kinda like super leagues. As long as they are structured properly. Country lines seem so arbitrary to divide leagues since players can play anywhere and still represent their national team. 

Only 5 clubs can be promoted and the original 15 will be guaranteed Aleague like immunity for presumably 50 years or something ridiculous.  So in England for example you may have Spurs relegated , and fhe other 5 finishing lower than 4th (They would presumably be putting most of their effort into the more lucrative greed league) yet they all still play in this super league while  Villa, Everton, Leicester or whoever finishes 1-3 that year in England may not be able to play in Europe the next year depending on what the criteria are for that one year season of ESL allowed too 5 clubs Europewide...... 
Country lines are only arbitrary if you cannot appreciate the idea of a domestic home and away season being the criteria by which a local fan can connect and value his or her club. Football is NOT content..... it is religion. 
Volkz
Volkz
Hacker
Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)Hacker (440 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 9:56 PM

Are you talking about the same Aleague fans who want pro/rel as long as there is a club in every major city in the top league and relegation won't affect regional spread? Or that every club allowed to compete has no prior history past 2005? Or that WU is a great club because they represent a geographical region, drawn up with carefully created  demographic lines on countless threads over and over again? The same Aleague fans who, at the same time bemoan that the shit NPL can't get their act together and create a professional division  yet also cry that relegation in this country would lead to financial ruin of the ownership group as if that actually matter to anyone but the owners. There is no false narrative buddy, call me the bad guy if it makes you feel better, but for 16 years the Aleague has  even a closed shop and until it eventually dies it will remain a closed shop ... franchise fee entry only.
You claim to not be happy with the status quo but fans in England are tearing up their season tickets and turning their backs on clubs they are 3rd and 4th generation supporters of ..... after 1 day of this closed cartel shit....... What have Aleague fans done after 16 years of exactly the same?...

Fucking state of your dribble mate, A-league supporters are allowed to have differing opinions of how an open pyramid system should work, just like people who watch NPL. Plenty of NPL and A-league supporters believe there needs to be a spread or a certain number of clubs in each major city, I personally don't, I believe in complete openness but my opinion is different from other old NSL heads and other a-league supporters.  

Currently, if you look at the state of the football market in this country, of course you are going to get a lot of people saying an open pyramid isn't not viable however that does not mean they are against an open pyramid, they just believe it is not viable at this current moment of time. If it was viable, the football market would naturally make it happen due to the demand but considering no one actually cares about football in this country and not enough of the football market cares (see TWG, the downfall and the collapse), the clubs have to be extremely careful and make sure everything is stable before they are creating and working with the AAFC for the open pyramid, not just second division in proper as all owners understand eventually it will make more profit for them when done in the right market time which isn't now. 

The key that everything is forgetting that the football market here in Australia (people who watch/play any football plus all potential sponsors) do not care enough about any development of the game here as there isn't a need too. Simply put, wider Australia does not care nor needs it. Just us as proper day in and day out football fans who are dedicate our time, support and money do but there simply isn't enough of us.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Very very very interesting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinDvtBCX0I&ab_channel=SkySportsNews

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Volkz - 19 Apr 2021 10:24 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 19 Apr 2021 9:56 PM

Fucking state of your dribble mate, A-league supporters are allowed to have differing opinions of how an open pyramid system should work, just like people who watch NPL. Plenty of NPL and A-league supporters believe there needs to be a spread or a certain number of clubs in each major city, I personally don't, I believe in complete openness but my opinion is different from other old NSL heads and other a-league supporters.  

Currently, if you look at the state of the football market in this country, of course you are going to get a lot of people saying an open pyramid isn't not viable however that does not mean they are against an open pyramid, they just believe it is not viable at this current moment of time. If it was viable, the football market would naturally make it happen due to the demand but considering no one actually cares about football in this country and not enough of the football market cares (see TWG, the downfall and the collapse), the clubs have to be extremely careful and make sure everything is stable before they are creating and working with the AAFC for the open pyramid, not just second division in proper as all owners understand eventually it will make more profit for them when done in the right market time which isn't now. 

The key that everything is forgetting that the football market here in Australia (people who watch/play any football plus all potential sponsors) do not care enough about any development of the game here as there isn't a need too. Simply put, wider Australia does not care nor needs it. Just us as proper day in and day out football fans who are dedicate our time, support and money do but there simply isn't enough of us.

Absolutely Aleague fans have a right to a different opinion than mine, everyone does... its a forum yeah?  But can you not see that phrases like "economic viability" "football market place"  "regional representation" are hate speech to the ambitions of 99% of the football clubs in Australia outside the tent of the Aleague? There are 10 x ownership groups in Australia (some are overseas) for the ESL (or Aleague as its called here) and every other single club, some 700+  is member or committee owned. We don't care about market spread, or metric considerations, or how much merchandise we can sell through Rebel sport, just want to compete All of those "considerations" are just excuses used by the franchise owners to not open up the gates...... I think there are more than enough of us, it's just that we all hate each other...
BTW responding to my dribble with your own is much appreciated.🤣
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Midfielder - 19 Apr 2021 10:33 PM

another great article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5hX0YvX-nI&ab_channel=LBC

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Midfielder - 19 Apr 2021 10:33 PM

Holy crap that's depressing.... 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search