Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Author
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
tsf - 1 Jun 2021 9:22 AM
I have been critical in the past of Ange, and I also have insight into scottish football (I used to live there etc).
So I think I can have a fairly balanced opinion. Ange is clearly a better tactician and manager than some in the past, ffs Lennon? Realistically walked into the job because he played for them - and even got to come back for more ffs 

Ange def has the ability and  in some aspects too much philosophy for the job.Whether he'd be able to handle the media scrutiny? But let's face it - look at their competitors - Rangers. Gerrard walking straight into the job and dominating, the celts were laughing at first when he got the job too. Did he have a better coaching CV than Ange?

And for those saying he's done nothing and only achieved in Asia - WTF is he supposed to do without the chance, just walk into somewhere like Old Trafford and say he's boss now? 

There's always Paul Hartley.

nice post
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Apologies enzo I thought you were responding to me.

I agree that he will be exposed defensively. The question is can he his attackinf strengths to click in time. Given the worldly Celtic fans have already made up their mind about him I doubt it.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 1 Jun 2021 12:16 PM
Bunch of Hacks - 1 Jun 2021 12:04 AM

Hahaha.  Wow.

There's some angry people in there.  https://talkceltic.net/forums/threads/ange-postecoglou.153396/page-60

😂 hilarious comments! My favorite is ‘Australians aren’t allowed to support celtic’. 

Fine with me you haggis eating morons 👍
celtsrhere67
celtsrhere67
Super Fan
Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)Super Fan (140 reputation)

ErogenousZone - 1 Jun 2021 12:21 PM

They come 1st or 2nd every single year. I don't see what they have to be angry about.  :hehe::laugh:

It's not as though Ross County or Kilmarnock or Hamilton are going to be challenging them anytime soon & those teams aren't why he's there or why he would accept the position. 

Funnily enough St Johnstone won 2 out of 3 domestic trophies on offer this season.

I have been critical in the past of Ange, and I also have insight into scottish football (I used to live there etc).
So I think I can have a fairly balanced opinion. Ange is clearly a better tactician and manager than some in the past, ffs Lennon? Realistically walked into the job because he played for them - and even got to come back for more ffs 

Ange def has the ability and  in some aspects too much philosophy for the job.Whether he'd be able to handle the media scrutiny? But let's face it - look at their competitors - Rangers. Gerrard walking straight into the job and dominating, the celts were laughing at first when he got the job too. Did he have a better coaching CV than Ange?

And for those saying he's done nothing and only achieved in Asia - WTF is he supposed to do without the chance, just walk into somewhere like Old Trafford and say he's boss now? 

There's always Paul Hartley.

Again I'm not sure why Aussies are buying into this idea that Gerrard has become a big success in Scottish Football, he's won 1 trophy in 3 seasons of domestic football (1 out of 9 attempts) with the 2nd biggest wage budget in Scotland and sent Rangers running at a loss once again. I will give him props for his teams performances in Europe, clearly punching above his weight with the players at his disposal however that doesn't hide the fact he's choked in the domestic cups, people over here fail to realise he was close to getting the sack prior to Covid. 

On the discussion of what is he supposed to do to make him a better candidate you'd like to think that someone with a long term ambition in Europe would already have had a bit more of a taste of European Football outside of the Greek 3rd divison by the time their 55, it seems no other 'big' clubs in small leagues in Europe want to take a gamble on him so why should Celtic when 40m is up for grabs if we finish 1st next season? If he joined the likes of PSV/Feyenoord/ Red Star Belgrade/Anderlecht tomorrow do people think that the reaction would be any different in those countries? Of course any manager is a gamble, but you need to eliminate as much risks as you can, I don't see how bringing in a manager who has signed a total of 5 players for fees and has little to no experience of day to day pressures at a club the size of Celtic is elminating the risks, but with a board as incompetent as ours nothing is surprising anymore, the talk of Roy Keane sums up how bad the club is being run from the top.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

celtsrhere67 - 1 Jun 2021 1:46 PM
ErogenousZone - 1 Jun 2021 12:21 PM

Funnily enough St Johnstone won 2 out of 3 domestic trophies on offer this season.

Again I'm not sure why Aussies are buying into this idea that Gerrard has become a big success in Scottish Football, he's won 1 trophy in 3 seasons of domestic football (1 out of 9 attempts) with the 2nd biggest wage budget in Scotland and sent Rangers running at a loss once again. I will give him props for his teams performances in Europe, clearly punching above his weight with the players at his disposal however that doesn't hide the fact he's choked in the domestic cups, people over here fail to realise he was close to getting the sack prior to Covid. 

On the discussion of what is he supposed to do to make him a better candidate you'd like to think that someone with a long term ambition in Europe would already have had a bit more of a taste of European Football outside of the Greek 3rd divison by the time their 55, it seems no other 'big' clubs in small leagues in Europe want to take a gamble on him so why should Celtic when 40m is up for grabs if we finish 1st next season? If he joined the likes of PSV/Feyenoord/ Red Star Belgrade/Anderlecht tomorrow do people think that the reaction would be any different in those countries? Of course any manager is a gamble, but you need to eliminate as much risks as you can, I don't see how bringing in a manager who has signed a total of 5 players for fees and has little to no experience of day to day pressures at a club the size of Celtic is elminating the risks, but with a board as incompetent as ours nothing is surprising anymore, the talk of Roy Keane sums up how bad the club is being run from the top.

You forgot the 25 point gap in the league. Just saying like.
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

You guys should go check out how full retard Reddit Celtic FC has gone. They think he's Greek, and a nobody. They also think winning the J league is easier than the SPL where you can just hire and hobo off the street to win the comp as you only have to beat rangers... 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Getting Ange instead of Howe for me is a bit like buying tickets to see Ed Sheehan and Jason Donovan replaces him last minute, so another broken heart in the world.

Celtic forum is hilarious
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

johnszasz - 1 Jun 2021 9:20 PM
Getting Ange instead of Howe for me is a bit like buying tickets to see Ed Sheehan and Jason Donovan replaces him last minute, so another broken heart in the world.

Celtic forum is hilarious

Ed Sheeran fucking sucks. I'm kinda feeling like I hope Ange doesnt go there. The Celtic fans sound like a bunch to spoiled fucking brats. Waaaaa we didn't win an unlosable comp with almost no competition 10 times in a row.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Nunya - 1 Jun 2021 9:18 PM
You guys should go check out how full retard Reddit Celtic FC has gone. They think he's Greek, and a nobody. They also think winning the J league is easier than the SPL where you can just hire and hobo off the street to win the comp as you only have to beat rangers... 

I'll admit when Hannover get new managers I look at where they've been and their winning record. Then I consider all the circumstances around it. Fact is any decent coach will be fine when the circumstances work out. Yes, it's their job to optimize it but when you have rogue players with water-tight contracts and crazy tech directors and club owners you're in a very tough spot. Ange and Popovic for that matter, given the freedom to what they do, will generally succeed.

I'm just excited at the prospect to see him hopefully build up and then can you imagine if they then beat Rangers? It all builds up to that really.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Ha reports that he'd need a 10 day quarantine anyway. Imagine if the club somehow were able to send a car to the plane and then sneak him away, he doesn't shave for 10 days and faces the press :D 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://talkceltic.net/forums/threads/ange-postecoglou.153396/page-63

Plenty of silly stuff but probably one of the first places to blow up by sharing official announcements etc.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6JQpu5wz-s&t=7s
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

4:20 to 4:45 in that interview :D Wanna die? Say that anywhere in Glasgow or Scotland for that matter. Wut? :D
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 30 May 2021 2:21 PM
tsf - 30 May 2021 11:49 AM

second place is a failure in a two team league

What better time to get McLaren in as his striker, Brillante as his DM and Leckie as his RW 😉
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Ryan at Gk Leckie or grant at Rb. 2 Aus players they need.
its funny to see team supporters of a 2 team league complain.
rangers did not lose a game and had an unreal season, Celtic lost only 5 games and all hell breaks loose like they need to rejig everything.
they lost a lot more games a few years ago, won the chip and no one says a thing

Edited
3 Years Ago by chondro
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

chondro - 2 Jun 2021 7:02 AM
Ryan at Gk Leckie or grant at Rb. 2 Aus players they need.
its funny to see team supporters of a 2 team league complain.
rangers did not lose a game and had an unreal season, Celtic lost only 5 games and all hell breaks loose like they need to rejig everything.
they lost a lot more games a few years ago, won the chip and no one says a thing

To me that just say a while lot more about how pathetic the rest of the league is or more so the gap in quality,  if celtic gets their shit together they'll be close to rangers with everyone else falling back again. 
If there was ever a league that needed a club to get a sugar daddy, smash the big 2 and just maybe the rest would follow... nah this league has been a shambles forever. 

If celtic or rangers can't do anything in Europe did the SPFL really happen? Joking,  I'm keen for ange to get there and seec what he can do. 

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Maybe Riso at RWB
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Nunya - 1 Jun 2021 9:26 PM
johnszasz - 1 Jun 2021 9:20 PM

Ed Sheeran fucking sucks. I'm kinda feeling like I hope Ange doesnt go there. The Celtic fans sound like a bunch to spoiled fucking brats. Waaaaa we didn't win an unlosable comp with almost no competition 10 times in a row.

Sounds like Real Madrid fans & management. :D

chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

20/21
rangers - 32/6/0
Celtic - 22/11/5 - result = hysterics

19/20
celtic - 26/2/2
rangers - 22/4/4

18/19
celtic - 27/6/5
rangers - 23/9/6

17/18
celtic - 24/10/4
Aberdeen - 22/7/9
rangers - 21/7/10

16/17
celtic - 34/4/0
Aberdeen - 24/4/10
rangers - 19/10/9

Edited
3 Years Ago by chondro
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Balin Trev - 1 Jun 2021 1:09 PM

😂 hilarious comments! My favorite is ‘Australians aren’t allowed to support celtic’. 

Fine with me you haggis eating morons 👍

In fairness it's shite being Scottish.

They're the lowest of the low.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 2 Jun 2021 12:57 PM
Balin Trev - 1 Jun 2021 1:09 PM

In fairness it's shite being Scottish.

They're the lowest of the low.

Its Shite Being Scottish - playlist by dicksonrory | Spotify

BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Needs to be able to handle the pressure both on and off the field - More so the stuff off, than that of the stuff on.

A few things that have happened to previous managers and players of Celtic are....  Assaulted in public, including being punch while in a car waiting for the lights to change colour. Bullets being sent to homes (Lennon even had a bomb sent to his house), death threats sent to not only manager(s) and players, but their families too. Houses and property damaged and the likes.

The new manager needs to fix up our defence  first and foremost, followed closely by rebuilding a playing squad that needs at a bare minimum 5 - 6 players who are good enough to go straight into the starting line-up.

They will also need to be able to work closely with the new 'Director of Football', as it is believed that the 'Director of Football' will be in charge of player(s) recruitment.

Needs to hit the ground running, both with 'wins' and 'style' as there won't be any/much time given to whoever comes in. Success is all that counts. 

I've probably forgotten a few things 🤔

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
3 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Admin i must ask why you changed the name of the topic. Could it be that you are a jungle Jim ?
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Has Ange actually been confirmed?  On that Celtic thread they're saying nothing is finalised.

Member since 2008.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/06/02/exclusive-former-a-league-star-heskey-tells-celtic-what-to-expect-from-ange-postecoglou/

Member since 2008.

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

BrisbaneBhoy - 2 Jun 2021 3:07 PM

Needs to be able to handle the pressure both on and off the field - More so the stuff off, than that of the stuff on.

A few things that have happened to previous managers and players of Celtic are....  Assaulted in public, including being punch while in a car waiting for the lights to change colour. Bullets being sent to homes (Lennon even had a bomb sent to his house), death threats sent to not only manager(s) and players, but their families too. Houses and property damaged and the likes.

If only he'd coached at Sydney FC, he'd have plenty of experience. 
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 May 2021 10:48 PM
From Bob Jane to Paradise..... One "ethnic club" to another .... go Angie.... a true son of Hellas......

Except Brisbane Roar made him. That’s what happens when you get away from two bit clubs and join the A-League con.

In a resort somewhere

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

The more I read about the current state of Celtic at board level, the playing roster or lack thereof, the short time to prepare for the season the more I think this is a really, really tough decision for Postecoglou.  One hand it could ruin his reputation through little fault of his own, OTOH he might never get as big an opportunity in Europe.
Fascinating to see what he decides.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

johnszasz - 1 Jun 2021 9:31 PM
Ha reports that he'd need a 10 day quarantine anyway. Imagine if the club somehow were able to send a car to the plane and then sneak him away, he doesn't shave for 10 days and faces the press :D 

literally read celtic fans on the r/celtic sub saying the quarantine reason was enough for them not to hire him..  it was not even close to being the dumbest shit they are spouting.

celtic fans are pretty fucked. must be one of the most toxic fan groups. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

paulc - 2 Jun 2021 8:39 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 May 2021 10:48 PM

Except Brisbane Roar made him. That’s what happens when you get away from two bit clubs and join the A-League con.

Low level bait 🤣🤣
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search