Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Author
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 1 Feb 2024 8:58 AM
gawd I enjoy watching club football at this level !
Good on spurs also had to win at home but brentford are a good unit.
19 shots, thats what its about.

Just watching LFC rip Chelsea - its a feast, this is attacking football luv to watch
25 shots 10 on target.

I admire teams capable playing a low block and get a result, they are those hard earned good wins but attack attack is what brings us back always.

That was awesome today in the EPL.
Spurs that 10 mins after halftime after Ange made changes, wow & all without Son.

Liverpool just smashed Chelsea with brilliant play, Nunez, first player in over 20 years to hit the woodwork 4 times in a game. All without Salah too.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

robbos - 1 Feb 2024 10:28 AM
LFC. - 1 Feb 2024 8:58 AM

That was awesome today in the EPL.
Spurs that 10 mins after halftime after Ange made changes, wow & all without Son.

Liverpool just smashed Chelsea with brilliant play, Nunez, first player in over 20 years to hit the woodwork 4 times in a game. All without Salah too.

and again for Ange Richarlson scored, its his best return in a long time for many of us have bagged him but he's stepping up and like Klopp its the gaffa imo.
Son isn't his pure self in the NT nonetheless brilliant player once back bonus for spurs obviously.
I seriously expect SK to beat us (then again hope we get the result) so his return will be another couple of weeks.

Man the Anfield game was charged and hows the ongoing intro of kids in the big flight by Klopp - Bradley (20yrs) can challenge TAA's place.
Gave 18yr old Clark a run late as well.
This is what we keep lacking here even though its improved of late but the standard these young kids are at dwarfs here.
I'm sure your mates are reminding you no Endo (please Japan get knocked out),TAA just came back as did Robbo, Matip out and ofcourse the King Salah.

Love Football

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

LFC. - 1 Feb 2024 11:34 AM

and again for Ange Richarlson scored, its his best return in a long time for many of us have bagged him but he's stepping up a

He has been great since his surgery, but I feel the Spurs front 3 is the weakest line. Spurs would likely be on top (or at least second) if Kane stayed. Solanki would be a good fit
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 1 Feb 2024 1:47 PM
LFC. - 1 Feb 2024 11:34 AM

He has been great since his surgery, but I feel the Spurs front 3 is the weakest line. Spurs would likely be on top (or at least second) if Kane stayed. Solanki would be a good fit

true about up front to a degree - Son back makes it more formidable mind you.
I mentioned Solanke some posts back, would have been a wise choice int he window, a traditional 9 and finally showing his worth.
I see your weakest line is backs/or Vicario ? combined barring Romero and VDV doing well, your @ 33 GA in P4 whereas Gooners/City low/mid 20's and LFC 19 !

I also see MC/LFC a cut above of the current top 4.

Just bringing up what i see F T B.

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

LFC. - 1 Feb 2024 2:07 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 1 Feb 2024 1:47 PM

true about up front to a degree - Son back makes it more formidable mind you.
I mentioned Solanke some posts back, would have been a wise choice int he window, a traditional 9 and finally showing his worth.
I see your weakest line is backs/or Vicario ? combined barring Romero and VDV doing well, your @ 33 GA in P4 whereas Gooners/City low/mid 20's and LFC 19 !

I also see MC/LFC a cut above of the current top 4.

Just bringing up what i see F T B.

The firepower of both MC & LFC are immense, no one else can match this firepower. 
Arsenal is strong but lack firepower.
Spurs has a great coach.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 1 Feb 2024 10:04 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 1 Feb 2024 10:03 AM

We have a thread dedicated to watching ange at spurs so it is we 

Words fail me. The thread was actually about " Ange " at Celtic, were you saying " we" , then as well ?
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

1:0 via Richarlison on 4min vs Everton. Good start.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

A double for Richarlison I've always thought hes been pretty good just needed a better team to get 20 goals a season. There's a reason he gets picked and starts for Brazil over Jesus.

Seems always stuck in head though, not celebrating? lol come on
Edited
3 Months Ago by jas88
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Wow that was so frustrating. Conceded a set piece equalizer at exactly the same time as Socceroos did against Korea. Just a nothing set piece caused by Kulusevski giving away a needless free kick that Romero inadvertently heads backwards and Brantwaite gratefully taps in. Questionable positioning from the keeper. If he came out to claim or punch it, he would have averted the danger. Instead he retreated to behind his goal line for some reason as the ball came in. 

Pretty bad game management. The late subs weren't great. It was basically Ange trying and failing to shut up shop. 

Defence is a big concern. Can't be conceding 2 goals a game with such seemingly world class defenders. And in general, the play has been sloppy and disjointed. They only play Ange ball and dominate teams in short bursts. The rest of the time, they repeatedly give away possession and scrap. There's something not quite right at the moment. 

Anyway, a super frustrating weekend of football. 

Edited
3 Months Ago by Derider
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

He messed up with his subs.

1-2 up @ 80 minutes he takes off Maddison Bentancour and I think it was  Werner for Gil, Skipp and Dragusin and goes to a back 3. That's a high risk strategy and Spurs were up against it in their own half for the remainder of the game.

Thats 2 points lost rather than one point gained.

Alfred
Alfred
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 4 Feb 2024 7:50 PM

1-2 up @ 80 minutes he takes off Maddison Bentancour and I think it was  Werner for Gil, Skipp and Dragusin and goes to a back 3. That's a high risk strategy and Spurs were up against it in their own half for the remainder of the game.

He went to a back 5 not a back 3. Porro and Udogie were still playing as full backs although very attacking inverted full backs. I don't really like going to a back 5 but perhaps lack of midfield options makes Ange see it as the best option. Maddison is just back from a long injury and probably does not have a full game in him while Betancur is not playing great at the moment.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

I sort of agree....  Werner was ineffective though and MAddison, clearly still a little shaky so can understand why he did it... Dragusin is going to be a monster in EP)L I think... very physical.

Only pleasing thing about the match is Richarlison socirng again and btw Mickey Van De Ven... Holy shit fasterter than Usain Bolt..... 

The Reds, on the other hand this morning ...... Oh my what an embarrassing match... WTF Virgil?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

jas88 - 4 Feb 2024 10:59 AM
A double for Richarlison I've always thought hes been pretty good just needed a better team to get 20 goals a season. There's a reason he gets picked and starts for Brazil over Jesus.

Seems always stuck in head though, not celebrating? lol come on

Ah, two minds about this, in all fairness we has well treated at Everton by the fans so if he celebrated too much infront of them it would have been seen as cocky....  I thought it was a sign of respect if anything.
riquelmes_laces
riquelmes_laces
Hacker
Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)Hacker (457 reputation)

I think Ange thought Everton would get a couple more set-pieces and bringing in Dragusin would help neutralise that threat, but instead, he gave away silly free kicks. 

Maddison is under load management, something very practical for long-term injury-returning players. 

Bentancour was getting overrun in midfield, I don't think he's effective in the 6. This is more of a systemic issue. Sarr was brought in to add some control in midfield but he has only just returned from AFCON. 

Gil is a natural replacement for Werner positionally, but he's physically not suitable for the prem. 

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

this is so frustrating and heart breaking... 

One of the best young talents in the world picked Ange over Barca...yes they are a basket case atm but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhbF6aGXtuI

None of our aussie young guns seem interested in playing under him. Just insane that Irankunda didnt try to go to spurs.
Edited
3 Months Ago by jas88
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Wolves take the lead for a second time. End to end in the second half.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Good comeback yesterday and crucial as Villa got a late winner.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

johnszasz - 3 Mar 2024 8:14 PM
Good comeback yesterday and crucial as Villa got a late winner.

Scoreline flattered them, Werner couldnt hit the side of a barn from 10 meters out.... His and Son's efforts where chalk and cheese... They manage to keep pushing teams till the final seconds and scrape out results..... Keeping 4th is going to be a task. Hats off to Angie if he can manage it. 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

At the same stage, Celtic were playing Angeball more than Spurs. In fact Spurs have gone backwards since the start of the season. You could put hat down to better opposition, but the players don't even seem to be trying to play Angeball.  Either that or Angeball has evolved to something..... worse.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Enzo Bearzot - 4 Mar 2024 10:08 AM
At the same stage, Celtic were playing Angeball more than Spurs. In fact Spurs have gone backwards since the start of the season. You could put hat down to better opposition, but the players don't even seem to be trying to play Angeball.  Either that or Angeball has evolved to something..... worse.

Maddison has come back from injury a shadow of his early season self...  but otherwise I agree... Need some fresh talent in the next window, Werner is not IT.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Its still very early days for Ange there fellas with only a couple of signings.
I reckon no matter the state of play its not a bad effort overall, lost Son for a month, the injuries, seriously it could be worse.
The early winning run was good fortune but its was never gonna last.
Lets not forget 8th last season no europe and a mess and no Kane.
Hardest comp in the world.
6 point break from united below them and a game in hand.
Villa have good enough personal to hang on barring injuries for 4th but their run to the finish incl europa games will test their stanima and in the mix is games coming up that are crucial that Spurs IF keep winning enough may, may run them over with just 5points between them (and game in hand)
Spurs at home next !
Villa also have City, Gooners,LFC and Chelsea to play so there is Hope for Angie baby their run home also alot of fun as well, the notable challenges of the run home imo below.

Villa A
Hammers A
Toons A
City H
Gooners H
LFC A

Then throw in the desparate relegation Clubs ( frigging relegation zone Forest made LFC work till a 90+9 winner) - IF Ange qualies for Europa or Cobference I give him kudos with the squad he most inherited.

Love Football

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Massive win against Villa and the goal difference has been turned on its head between the two teams.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yes sure was, I didn't see the game but by the result and checking the stats looks like spudz dominated - helps playing against 10 from 65min but 2 goals scored prior then.
2 more after 90mins.
Surprised AV fell apart at home but kudos to them and AP.

Love Football

DandyCasey
DandyCasey
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)Hardcore Fan (296 reputation)

Villa looked dangerous on the counter until the send off, switched to Celtic/Livingston.
Johnson looked lively on the left, not sold by Kulu on the right although don't watch Spurs that often.
jas88
jas88
World Class

Probably best performance I've seen so far... was a big big game...massive win. Totally dominated them...was just a matter of time before they scored.. Villa looked a bit sluggish.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yer I agree the mention of Johnson, impressive 22yr old.

Love Football

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

DandyCasey - 11 Mar 2024 9:51 AM
Villa looked dangerous on the counter until the send off, switched to Celtic/Livingston.
Johnson looked lively on the left, not sold by Kulu on the right although don't watch Spurs that often.

Lol. How's the tackle that got him sent off? Proper Roy Keane hack that.

Member since 2008.

localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 11 Mar 2024 1:17 PM
DandyCasey - 11 Mar 2024 9:51 AM

Lol. How's the tackle that got him sent off? Proper Roy Keane hack that.

McGinn a well known thug. He butchered that young Leeds player in the pre-season match in Sydney a couple of years ago.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

johnszasz - 11 Mar 2024 2:02 AM
Massive win against Villa and the goal difference has been turned on its head between the two teams.

Scary thing is that Tottenham aren't actually totally out of it to win the league yet.

They have an upcoming fixture against all 3 of Man city, Arsenal and Liverpool. If they win those 3 games, they close 3 points on each. It may sound fanciful that they win all 3, but that's the simple equation... if you beat those sides, you could win the league, if you don't beat them, you don't. No different equation to what it is at the start of the season.

Man City and Arsenal a chance of stealing 2 points off each other this week.
Edited
2 Months Ago by bohemia
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I know in football anything can happen but thats alot of wishful thinking Bohemia.
I'd be happy they stay above united and possibly take Villas P4, would be a epic recovery and more realistic.

Love Football

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search