Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Author
mark_000au
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
theFOOTBALLlover - 6 May 2024 2:07 PM
I find it really mind boggling how people have responded to Ange over the last few months. 

Where was Tottenham before Ange? They lost their best player over the summer and are currently 5th. Most people were predicting them to finish well below their current position.

As Aussies who have followed his career, we should know better than to throw him under the bus. He has gone through this process over and over again (at least since I started following his Brisbane Roar team). Tottenham will come good if he is backed. I hope the club have let the doubt creep in. Just trust him. 

But he 's only 2nd half coach. 0 on target in 1st half.  Under Ange the players only play for 45 minutes and wasting another 45. He can talk it's on him to fix but he can never fix this issue.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

christ almighty, one give kudos to defense's for one.
It was just 2 down at HT.
I've watched united many games and at times didn't have any on target till late 2nd halves nor corners, their GD is at 1.
Spurs @ 11, 8 sides are on the positive side the rest @ --.
IF you expected more was coming with Ange at the helm this season your in lalaland.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

mark_000au - 6 May 2024 3:43 AM
johnszasz - 6 May 2024 3:18 AM

Diers made his point cuz he was there training with them so he knew exactly what's going on with each sessions.  

Ange didn't and never watch the opponents tape he just focuses on the way he wants to play. That's it. 

If you watch Tottenham in the last 4-5 games, especially the 1st half Angeball is worse than  League 1 teams.  Spurs usually improve in the 2nd half but 1st half is always poor.  I bet the next game he will put Son as a central striker again as he always got the players and tactic wrong in the 1st half.

Not sure its so cut and dry.. Spurs first 15-20 minutes was great football to watch....  I was relieved when Liverpool scored...  Son doesnt work as a central striker yet Ange insist (that bit I agree with you on) ,... I believe the reason is that Richarlison is not a 90 mins player and he has  no other option... 

Comfortable in the end for Liverpool but 10-15 mins in each half Spurs played some trully pretty football .. Spurs fans are crazy if they see this year as a failure, they haven't been so enjoyable to watch in a decade I reckon... UCL be damned. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Just saw some 'goals conceded' stats.

Bloody hell. 

Member since 2008.

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Edited
3 Weeks Ago by numklpkgulftumch
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

https://youtu.be/0Vx2k32CiuI?si=koDStNLCA61lBPeb

Nice chat between Ange and Schwarzer today. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

the English media are more at fault.. they built him up calling him the next Pep when Tottenham was top of the table in October. He was always going to have some bad results at some point. The draw he has made the last few weeks pretty crazy too. Expectations seemed to change but finishing 5th with no Kane and this squad is still an achievement. 

Edited
3 Weeks Ago by jas88
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

ange has to take the good with the bad, he goes on a charm and PR offensive when times are good but then gets his back up when criticized and put under pressure. He did the same with Aus when he said he should get more scrutiny from the media, then when he did he cracked it, 

I hope he gets the time to refresh his squad, because the truth is, with a great squad it would be awesome to see them play under him. I was hoping he; 'd do well at spurs then move to a really big club 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

tsf - 9 May 2024 11:45 AM
ange has to take the good with the bad, he goes on a charm and PR offensive when times are good but then gets his back up when criticized and put under pressure. He did the same with Aus when he said he should get more scrutiny from the media, then when he did he cracked it, 

I hope he gets the time to refresh his squad, because the truth is, with a great squad it would be awesome to see them play under him. I was hoping he; 'd do well at spurs then move to a really big club 

As many have said I actually think he HAS done well at Spurs.... they where a basket case and have been for a while, was always going to be a transition period for them losing Kane before a ball was kicked in agner etc etc... Main problem is Ange's meteoric early success now looks like Spurs have "bottled it" in the final stretch..... ... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

as jas88 mentions media, and more so UK football no surprise's there, thats football in the biggest league in the world.
Some posters here even surprise me with their expectations and conclusions like they know better.

Ange is Ange, has that snarky arrogant streak in him that comes out when the blow torch is on him, he should take a leaf from his normal flippant ways in the good times as tsf mentioned, thats his DNA and the media will always test him but he's done OK as I've mentioned imo, seriously could have been alot worse.

Love Football

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 9 May 2024 12:52 PM
tsf - 9 May 2024 11:45 AM

As many have said I actually think he HAS done well at Spurs.... they where a basket case and have been for a while, was always going to be a transition period for them losing Kane before a ball was kicked in agner etc etc... Main problem is Ange's meteoric early success now looks like Spurs have "bottled it" in the final stretch..... ... 

I saw a stat the other day and he has more points than Klopp arteta and someone else good at the same stage when they started coaching in the EPL
Edited
3 Weeks Ago by tsf
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 9 May 2024 3:10 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 9 May 2024 12:52 PM

I saw a stat the other day and he has more points than Klopp arteta and someone else good at the same stage when they started coaching in the EPL

Nuts, like I said it "looks" like he has bottled it but infact has done pretty well for first year at EPL level. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Nice sunny day at Spurs with Burnley going close early. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

well they got over the line - thats 3points from 12 and 2 more games to go.
Hope they save face against city enough for they'll be going 110% - @ home there might be that added inspiration but they'll need Richarlson back purely for his dark arts and annoying their backline.
Must win last game against SUnited for IF Toon win their last 2 its P6 if I'm right.

Love Football

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Good to see Man City fans cheering on Man Utd, followed closely by Arsenal fans cheering on Spurs
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

numklpkgulftumch - 13 May 2024 11:14 AM
Good to see Man City fans cheering on Man Utd, followed closely by Arsenal fans cheering on Spurs

Heheheeheh if they beat City it will go down in history...... The poor Spuds fans wont know whether to celebrate or cry...... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 11:31 AM
numklpkgulftumch - 13 May 2024 11:14 AM

Heheheeheh if they beat City it will go down in history...... The poor Spuds fans wont know whether to celebrate or cry...... 

hehe yep there in a catch22.
In their position I'd sooner the city loss than your rival getting on top and worse thanks to you lol......
Talk about eating your own POOP !

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 13 May 2024 11:41 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 11:31 AM

hehe yep there in a catch22.
In their position I'd sooner the city loss than your rival getting on top and worse thanks to you lol......
Talk about eating your own POOP !

..... but beating city means a chance to go to Champions league........ hahahahahahahahahah gotta love football huh mate, its a crazy old game sometimes... 

Was debating with my old boy on the weekend, he is chuffed that there is a Greek team (no Portuguese teams even made semis anywhere btw)  in a European final but I am a Fiorentina fan for the next month ..... lolololol
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

lol too funny but damn yer, it hurts I know.
So you gonna watch with him on May 30 ? haha
Christ I may have to look where/which Italian cafe to turn up - just noted in mobile.

yer I forgot about spurs slim cahnce depending on Villa - but another double edged sword, thats LFC losing coming game, F that hahaha (even though both are dead games for us I need the 2wins for the Kloppy send off)
TBH I can stomach city winning for there is hardly any supporters I know, infact just 1, whereas quite a few gooner ones incl a team mate, they'll never shut up go Pep.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 13 May 2024 12:35 PM
Christ I may have to look where/which Italian cafe to turn up - just noted in mobile.

yer I forgot about spurs slim cahnce depending on Villa - but another double edged sword, thats LFC losing coming game, F that hahaha (even though both are dead games for us I need the 2wins for the Kloppy send off)
TBH I can stomach city winning for there is hardly any supporters I know, infact just 1, whereas quite a few gooner ones incl a team mate, they'll never shut up go Pep.

Nah, I better not, he'll kick me out of the house I reackon. hahahahahah Ill take him a coffee and breakfast if Fiorentina wins, wrapped in purple wrapping paper. HAHAHAHAAH 
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Well at least all my Liverpool mates are all gone quiet, another year of all so close, but again NADA, a bit of a story for the pool fans for the last 30 years.
They can only win the 'If Only' trophy.
Man City so many trophies, no fans
Liverpool so many fans no trophies in last 30 years.

Tough choice.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

your silly mates should be rejoicing - we done better than last season, surprisingly never expected we started off so well and in the mix till last month - the media talk up was typical, I have no care what others carry on with I'm very content, brought out some promising young un's once again and back in CL.
Positive to me compared to so many who'd like to be where we've ended up.
Klopp has run his course and brought the Club and fans back like the mighty early days.
The highs and lows of football as you know and backing LFC isn't a choice but a wonderful religion :)

Love Football

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

LFC. - 13 May 2024 1:58 PM
your silly mates should be rejoicing - we done better than last season, surprisingly never expected we started off so well and in the mix till last month - the media talk up was typical, I have no care what others carry on with I'm very content, brought out some promising young un's once again and back in CL.
Positive to me compared to so many who'd like to be where we've ended up.
Klopp has run his course and brought the Club and fans back like the mighty early days.
The highs and lows of football as you know and backing LFC isn't a choice but a wonderful religion :)

Love it, well said old chap.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

robbos - 13 May 2024 2:38 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 1:58 PM

Love it, well said old chap.

here here mate, by the way my Friday morn golf Ram supporter is salivating stirring up our fellow Leeds mate hoping they fail promo and having games like the ol days next season.
Fun fun, nothing like what P/R brings.

Love Football

Edited
2 Weeks Ago by LFC.
robbos
robbos
Pro

LFC. - 13 May 2024 4:11 PM
robbos - 13 May 2024 2:38 PM

here here mate, by the way my Friday morn golf Ram supporter is salivating stirring up our fellow Leeds mate hoping they fail promo and having games like the ol days next season.
Fun fun, nothing like what P/R brings.

Yes my best mate is a Leeds supporter & I'm too hoping to relive those games in the 70s & 80s.
I'm all for P/R, please understand that.

Im been into Derby's promotion & Ipswich's promotion, much better than watching the EPL for competition, far more exciting. 
I watch the PL for the players only, not the clubs.
Edited
Last Week by robbos
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I know you are re P/R don't need to clarify it.
By the way, say Derby never got demoted, or for eg back in the EPL as Leeds have of late you'd be in like mad.
I get where your coming from - the lower leagues are fantastic viewing and atmosphere I watch but IF your Club is in the top flight your into it like I am.
I have no care of the money and politics (this is life), I see my LFC as I did from way back in the 70's, my Club through thick and thin past to present.

Love Football

jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

robbos - 13 May 2024 1:37 PM

Well at least all my Liverpool mates are all gone quiet, another year of all so close, but again NADA, a bit of a story for the pool fans for the last 30 years.
They can only win the 'If Only' trophy.
Man City so many trophies, no fans
Liverpool so many fans no trophies in last 30 years.

Tough choice.

but their fans came from winning trophies in the 80s
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Goalless at break. Both teams with chances but City with the better ones. People calling Ange some kind of psychopath for setting up where it's working well in a game they should be losing.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

soft 1st goal lame defending, Romero for one and Bentacur was just stupid having been on a yellow as well.
Don't blame AP taking him off in a crictical game and Bentacurs reaction was just woeful.
Spurs had some good chances but the diff finishing.
I don't know why their players don't get more ball to Son, I've noticed this a few times I watch their games.
Spurs loss was Villa's assurance finishing P4 my Villian mate is rejoicing, more than 40yrs out of the CL, thats a good storey and kudos to Emery as well.
Ange can finish P5 all to play for unlike their stooopid supporters chanting for the loss so as Gooners are shut out of the title, small minded stuff.

Love Football

theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

LFC. - 15 May 2024 9:26 AM
soft 1st goal lame defending, Romero for one and Bentacur was just stupid having been on a yellow as well.
Don't blame AP taking him off in a crictical game and Bentacurs reaction was just woeful.
Spurs had some good chances but the diff finishing.
I don't know why their players don't get more ball to Son, I've noticed this a few times I watch their games.
Spurs loss was Villa's assurance finishing P4 my Villian mate is rejoicing, more than 40yrs out of the CL, thats a good storey and kudos to Emery as well.
Ange can finish P5 all to play for unlike their stooopid supporters chanting for the loss so as Gooners are shut out of the title, small minded stuff.

I'm surprised Romero didn't go through Foden in that 50/50. 

Son hasn't been effective for a few games. A lot of players in the final third not producing outcomes.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search