Just how Skint is the APL ?

Just how Skint is the APL ?

Author
New
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Razor Ramon - 19 May 2024 5:30 AM
numklpkgulftumch - 19 Apr 2024 9:56 AM

Again.... I love the stupidity of this Forum. Get a random person or billionaire to pump 20 million dollars a year in A-league clubs just for the hell of it. LoL 

checks notes for the way football around the world is generally run....
Feed_The_Brox
New
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Again.... I love the stupidity of this Forum. Get a random person or billionaire to pump 20 million dollars a year in A-league clubs just for the hell of it. LoL 

To be fair, CFG (And Silver Lake) pretty much run the APL anyway. 
numklpkgulftumch
New
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

We had it easy in 2013-17 when the tv rights money was 40 million a year.

Then those stupid A-league owners got stupid and greedy. Those owners all wanted more money in their back pocket rather than spend money to improve the squad to bring the crowds in. Lol

Football fans usually follow teams
Some now just follow particular players wherever they're playing

Then you get those who cheers endlessly for Broadcast networks
Niche
Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star
Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)

robbos - 17 May 2024 7:46 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 16 May 2024 8:25 PM

Another of your wet dreams.
[/quote]

I wonder if Mono's wet dreams include the A-League selling out both semis this weekend, Newcastle getting new owners & Canberra starting up next season?

I agree the APL admin goes from one catastrophe to another & yet the A-League runs on an oily rag.

[/quote]

The APL are more pathetic than the FFA. 
Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star
Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)Rising Star (876 reputation)

CFG lost $200m last year, wouldn't hurt that much to cover the Awards night ?

We had it easy in 2013-17 when the tv rights money was 40 million a year.

Then those stupid A-league owners got stupid and greedy. Those owners all wanted more money in their back pocket rather than spend money to improve the squad to bring the crowds in. Lol
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2024 9:37 AM

I wonder if Mono's wet dreams include the A-League selling out both semis this weekend, Newcastle getting new owners & Canberra starting up next season?

I agree the APL admin goes from one catastrophe to another & yet the A-League runs on an oily rag.

[/quote]

Lots of sell outs in the APL I agree.
[/quote]

Yep & your agendas kept football down for many years too.

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

doloras - 17 May 2024 9:17 AM

[/quote]

A lot of #NixOut types will be suffering in their jocks if the sold-out Sky Stadium saves the A-League financially
[/quote]

Brilliant!!!!

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lots of sell outs in the APL I agree.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 16 May 2024 10:01 AM

True, but they are at least finally disappearing from football now that the Aleague is on its last legs. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really wet but yeah I do dream of a tolerant Australian society... 
doloras
doloras
Super Fan
Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)Super Fan (102 reputation)

[/quote]

[/quote]

A lot of #NixOut types will be suffering in their jocks if the sold-out Sky Stadium saves the A-League financially

robbos
robbos
Pro

True, but they are at least finally disappearing from football now that the Aleague is on its last legs. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

robbos
robbos
Pro

NicCarBel - 16 May 2024 3:55 PM
robbos - 16 May 2024 10:06 AM

Good to see LFC, never watched Simpsons as well, but love Dylan, great stories, sometimes tragedies.
[/quote]

Season 16 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
[/quote]

Good pick up.

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 16 May 2024 9:58 AM

Don't kid yourself with the racists line, it's going nowhere fast in this country.
[/quote]

[/quote]

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

robbos - 16 May 2024 10:06 AM
LFC. - 16 May 2024 9:04 AM

I only responded to NCB's gif for the lol's - moved on long ago and enjoying myself alot with my young gen fam who lead me to many new outlooks though need to say, never liked or watched the Simpsons yanky crap nor many of Dylans songs, depressing music alot of it to me barring some classics.

[/quote]

Good to see LFC, never watched Simpsons as well, but love Dylan, great stories, sometimes tragedies.
[/quote]

Season 16 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

robbos
robbos
Pro

LFC. - 16 May 2024 9:04 AM
robbos - 15 May 2024 4:47 PM

Come on LFC, we've had our go, you sound like the old guy from the Simpson's 'yelling at the clouds'.

As Bob Dylan sang many years ago, 'the times they are changing'. It continues to change, this is the one thing that is constant, change.
'Your old road is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand
'Cause the times, they are a-changin'
[/quote]

I only responded to NCB's gif for the lol's - moved on long ago and enjoying myself alot with my young gen fam who lead me to many new outlooks though need to say, never liked or watched the Simpsons yanky crap nor many of Dylans songs, depressing music alot of it to me barring some classics.

[/quote]

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 16 May 2024 9:58 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 4:53 PM

Times are indeed changing ... the old racists are slowly dying out... soon this country and this sport will finally be free again. 
[/quote]

Don't kid yourself with the racists line, it's going nowhere fast in this country.
[/quote]

SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 4:53 PM

Come on LFC, we've had our go, you sound like the old guy from the Simpson's 'yelling at the clouds'.

As Bob Dylan sang many years ago, 'the times they are changing'. It continues to change, this is the one thing that is constant, change.
[/quote]

Times are indeed changing ... the old racists are slowly dying out... soon this country and this sport will finally be free again. 
[/quote]

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 15 May 2024 3:00 PM

haha mate, no mobiles, no wifi, no political correctness, no VAR, play to the whistle, mullets, plenty fish where the fish were, absolute mess, what are metrics, 2bob beers, NO RBT, eat drink smoke whereever haha FREEDOM FREEDOM :)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Love Football

Edited
Last Week by LFC.
Razor Ramon
Razor Ramon
Rising Star

Feed_The_Brox - 15 May 2024 9:31 AM
Razor Ramon - 14 May 2024 1:23 AM

If we leave Paramount (and the rumours are that we might) and we join another streaming service, who will be our FTA partner? If we go back to Fox Sports for example, I would doubt Channel 10 will continue to do the 2 games on 10Bold. And I don't really fancy being on secondary channels on the ABC or SBS. 

Balin Trev - 14 May 2024 2:17 PM

Will Paramount be doing their own commentary for Nix v Victory? Or are we taking the Sky Sports feed with those shocking NZ commentators? That might explain why its not on 10Bold.  

NicCarBel - 14 May 2024 4:53 PM

Last year was the first one i didn't watch... And I did it out of protest. 
I dont mind The A-league free to air games on secondary channels on ABC or SBS, Its better than nothing. Just need the clowns who run the joing to pay advertisement money to promote it.

Channel 10 got the A-league rights for nothing and didnt promote it. Had the APL paid 3-5 million a year to promote that free to aire games, would more people watch it?

This sport doesnt have as much rusted on fans like AFL or NRL

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

haha mate, no mobiles, no wifi, no political correctness, no VAR, play to the whistle, mullets, plenty fish where the fish were, absolute mess, what are metrics, 2bob beers, NO RBT, eat drink smoke whereever haha FREEDOM FREEDOM :)
[/quote]

[/quote]

robbos
robbos
Pro

NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 2:25 PM

What A Time To Be Alive Jasper GIF - What A Time To Be Alive Jasper The  Simpsons - Discover & Share GIFs
[/quote]

[/quote]

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

What A Time To Be Alive Jasper GIF - What A Time To Be Alive Jasper The  Simpsons - Discover & Share GIFs
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can still smell the souvlaki in the air when I close my eyes :)  God I miss the Middle Park NSL days.... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 12:23 PM

I'm young enough to remember his playing years 

Ange Postecoglou shock Socceroos resignation | The Advertiser
[/quote]

[/quote]

Love Football

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 12:23 PM
NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 12:03 PM

That's how I feel looking back on Ange's time in the A-League.
Unfortunately too young to remember the NSL Ange era
[/quote]

[/quote]

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

NicCarBel - 15 May 2024 12:03 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 11:57 AM

Yeah I watched that one... Postacoglou in charge during the "Roarcelona" years yeah? Great football to watch... I reakon I watched the most Aleague during those 2-3 years than I ever have or will. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 May 2024 11:57 AM
robbos - 15 May 2024 9:08 AM

Yeah I watched that one... Postacoglou in charge during the "Roarcelona" years yeah? Great football to watch... I reakon I watched the most Aleague during those 2-3 years than I ever have or will. 
[/quote]

Edited
Last Week by NicCarBel
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

robbos - 15 May 2024 9:08 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 14 May 2024 5:15 PM

Brisbane v Mariners 2011? with the comeback

Find this video, do yourself a favour!!!!

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Simon Hill with a rather good spray

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6ENOoGNghQUhymDWvJ6PAZ?si=T0CBEurVTvqTT7YWt76GJA

Relevant to this thread is his assertion that the TV deal hasn't changed since the 22/23 re-negotiation

Any drop in Central Funding is down to the APL, not Paramount

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)

The gf will be on ten bold they are only showing one match a week
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Razor Ramon - 14 May 2024 1:23 AM

Nope I dont love the A-league is struggling.  I still wish we had all the games on foxtel and foxtel paid 60-70 million a year for 8 years for it. Then have one or 2 free to air games on Channel 10.

If we leave Paramount (and the rumours are that we might) and we join another streaming service, who will be our FTA partner? If we go back to Fox Sports for example, I would doubt Channel 10 will continue to do the 2 games on 10Bold. And I don't really fancy being on secondary channels on the ABC or SBS. 

Balin Trev - 14 May 2024 2:17 PM

According to tv guide Mariners v Smurfs is on ch 12/10 bold 7.30 👍 nux v victory only Paramount.

Will Paramount be doing their own commentary for Nix v Victory? Or are we taking the Sky Sports feed with those shocking NZ commentators? That might explain why its not on 10Bold.  

NicCarBel - 14 May 2024 4:53 PM

I honestly haven't watched many Australian grand finals... I could probably actually list all the ones I've watched.

Last year was the first one i didn't watch... And I did it out of protest. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search