An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs


An incredibly boring, repetitive thread about ethnic clubs

Author
Message
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 13K, Visits: 0
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
The point is how would the croatians like a serbian ethnic club in there league? i mean really its disgraceful the god damn federal goverment should of stepped in lol.

these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:34:32 PM

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:35:07 PM


Um we do have a Serbian Club in our league#-o


so its a serbian club based in croatia? not a serbian club based in serbia?

and these clubs have nowhere to go unless they can come up with a proper bid and from memory dont south melbourne have the greek stripes?the melbourne knights still have crotian colours.and most of its players are crotian.how does this make football in australia move forward?

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 06:07:44 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 40K, Visits: 0
Glory Recruit wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
The point is how would the croatians like a serbian ethnic club in there league? i mean really its disgraceful the god damn federal goverment should of stepped in lol.

these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:34:32 PM

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:35:07 PM


Um we do have a Serbian Club in our league#-o


so its a serbian club based in croatia? not a serbian club based in serbia?

and these clubs have nowhere to go unless they can come up with a proper bid and from memory dont south melbourne have the greek stripes?the melbourne knights still have crotian colours.and most of its players are crotian.how does this make football in australia move forward?

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 06:07:44 PM


Most of these clubs have given up on trying to get into the A-League and are perfectly content with playing State league. SMFC iirc are the only ones who would try to, most of the clubs didn't bother trying after the requirements for entry were announced just before the A-League started.

Knights wear red shirts, white shorts and blue socks as do United, the only Croatian thing about it is the colour's red white and blue. Does this mean Gold Coast are a Brazilian club because they were Yellow and Blue or that Brisbane are a Dutch club.

As for Croatian players. There is a massive difference between having players that are Croatian and players that are Australian with Croatian heritage and United and Knights both have more of the latter. You make it out as if these clubs only sign players who are Croatian, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 13K, Visits: 0
The difference between gold coast and knights is that the knights wear red white and blue for crotia.

and according to wikipedia that is the truth.(melbourne knights)
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 40K, Visits: 0
Glory Recruit wrote:
The difference between gold coast and knights is that the knights wear red white and blue for crotia.

and according to wikipedia that is the truth.(melbourne knights)


They have been wearing it for 50 odd years without any problems now suddenly the colours they wear are a problem. I could understand it if they were wearing the checks like the Croatian national team jersey but it's just a colour scheme.

It's pretty understandable that them and United would wear that colour scheme since they were set up as Croatian social clubs so it makes sense that they would wear those colours. Obviously they've grown from that and I see no reason why they should change it, they've worn it for 50 years and will continue to wear it for another 50 years. Like I said if they were wearing the checks then I could understand changing it but them wearing a combination of red white and blue isn't hurting anyone.
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 7.4K, Visits: 0
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:


these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.

[]


So where would you propose these clubs go then, if not in the state league.

The only 2 that still have ethnic ties in their name are Marconi and Sydney Olympic.


This is true, however walk into Bonnyrigg sports club (which im guessing you never would :P) and you're greeted with a giant poster of "AVALA FC"

Even at the Blacktown V Sydney United semi last weekend, the United supporters were chanting "Sydney Croatia" and even spoke in that language.

One question I want to ask is how would Rovers go in uniting these teams? Marconi, Olympic, United, Bonnyrigg, Bankstown etc. I guess it'll be known next season.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 40K, Visits: 0
RedshirtWilly wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:


these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.

[]


So where would you propose these clubs go then, if not in the state league.

The only 2 that still have ethnic ties in their name are Marconi and Sydney Olympic.


This is true, however walk into Bonnyrigg sports club (which im guessing you never would :P) and you're greeted with a giant poster of "AVALA FC"

Even at the Blacktown V Sydney United semi last weekend, the United supporters were chanting "Sydney Croatia" and even spoke in that language.

One question I want to ask is how would Rovers go in uniting these teams? Marconi, Olympic, United, Bonnyrigg, Bankstown etc. I guess it'll be known next season.


Well that posters probably still from when they were Avala, and couldn't afford to replace it:lol:

Most of them chant Sydney Croatia because they've been brought up calling the club Sydney Croatia and many still recognise it as Sydney Croatia not Sydney United, and most of them speak Croatian because again that's how they were brought up.

As for Rovers trying to unite these fans, It's been suggested a few times but creating partnerships with these clubs, defined pathways for players to follow to the A-League. Get training clinics going at all of them not just one. Next pre-season play a whole host of pre-season friendlies against these teams and let the State League clubs keep most of the gate proceeds. Have fan days and let the kids meet who will hopefully become their heroes. A massive one is getting out to schools. The schools in Western Sydney especially in the Farifield-Liverpool area have produced more socceroos than anywhere and will continue to do, we need to feed off that, schools like Fairfield Pats, Westfields and Bossley Park High have the potential to become a major part of Rovers future.

The biggest one imo is offering tickets at discounted prices to people who are members of these State League clubs. Make them feel welcome. Say ' We don't want you to stop supporting your club, just come support us in the summer'.

That's what I'd do at least.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)World Class (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.8K, Visits: 0
sydneycroatia58 wrote:

Well that posters probably still from when they were Avala, and couldn't afford to replace it:lol:

Most of them chant Sydney Croatia because they've been brought up calling the club Sydney Croatia and many still recognise it as Sydney Croatia not Sydney United, and most of them speak Croatian because again that's how they were brought up.

As for Rovers trying to unite these fans, It's been suggested a few times but creating partnerships with these clubs, defined pathways for players to follow to the A-League. Get training clinics going at all of them not just one. Next pre-season play a whole host of pre-season friendlies against these teams and let the State League clubs keep most of the gate proceeds. Have fan days and let the kids meet who will hopefully become their heroes. A massive one is getting out to schools. The schools in Western Sydney especially in the Farifield-Liverpool area have produced more socceroos than anywhere and will continue to do, we need to feed off that, schools like Fairfield Pats, Westfields and Bossley Park High have the potential to become a major part of Rovers future.

The biggest one imo is offering tickets at discounted prices to people who are members of these State League clubs. Make them feel welcome. Say ' We don't want you to stop supporting your club, just come support us in the summer'.

That's what I'd do at least.


Whats the matter with you, trying to use commonsense please.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.2K, Visits: 0
Sydneycroatia, I think you are missing the point. Yes, Sydney United fans chant "Sydney Croatia" and speak in Croatian because that is how they were brought up, but do you not realise that this alienates anyone that does not speak Croatian??
I used to go to a few Olympic games every season. Not because I am of Greek heritage, but because they played good football and were devloping the likes of Emmo and Nick Carle at the time. I would not go to any game thet there was a chance of the rivalries extending off the pitch. But the games I did go to, I was stared at as I would walk in with my family. The stands were filled with old Greek men, making no attempt to integrate into Australia, because they were more comfortable in their Greek surroundings. One time, going to buy some food, they had to go and get someone that could understand english!! How is this type of atmosphere going to attract non-greeks to the club en-mass?? I went to Sydney United and Marconi games as well, to find pretty well the same atmosphere, and I did not feel welcome.
Out of all the NSL games I attended, I felt the most welcome at Parramatta Power games. Why is this?? No ethnic affiliation meant a broad spectrum of supporters.
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.4K, Visits: 0
scouse_roar wrote:
There's a reason why mono-ethnic clubs don't have broad-based appeal, and that's because they're mono-ethnic.

I'm not Croatian, therefore I would not be welcome at your club. I'm not Greek, so I wouldn't be welcome at Olympic. Unfortunately, that's the way you set your clubs up, in a racist, elitist way which excluded the majority of football fans. The amount of violence which surrounded the NSL was very real and it did involve a lot of conflict transference - lots of tension between ethnic groups. It was like a war zone every match day.



[/quote]

do i have to start pulling out youtube videos and newspaper links to violence in the A-league, i really can't be bothered, but I will do it, lol:-$

Glory Recruit wrote:


these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.



And this is exactly why you're a no body in football. Clubs like Bankstown Lions and Bonnyrigg White Eagles, have ALWAYS been in the State League, and didn't even participate in the NSL, and you expect them to be thrown out cause you're a racist fuck?

sydneycroatia58 wrote:


The amount of violence that surrounded the NSL was a whole lot less than was portrayed. There was not a whole lot more violence around the NSL than there is today, it's just back then football was seen as a sport just for wogs and they were portrayed as hooligans who couldn't go to a football game without fighting when that is just not true. Even now in the NSWPL there is no violence, no war zone as you described.


Precisely correct, the violence is not much different as well. Especially in the last 10 years of the NSL, it what probably even better then what it is now.

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:


these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

ofcourse though if they change there ethnic ties(like there names and logos) then they can stay and even join the a league.

[]


So where would you propose these clubs go then, if not in the state league.

The only 2 that still have ethnic ties in their name are Marconi and Sydney Olympic.


And even so, Olympic changed it's Club name, even before it became (racially) compulsory.

spathi wrote:
Names with ethnic ties is one thing, but supporters that chant in any other language that is not English is another. The sooner these clubs assimilate the better for Australian football.


And how exactly does it make it better if 20-30 people start chanting in English, rather then in Cro/Greek? How does it improve Australian football? I can think of MANY more ways that Australian football can improved, like better funding for grass root football, clinics, overhauls of State League hierarchy, BUT NO! THE ANSWER TO IMPROVE AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL, IS TO GET 20 CROATS IN MELBOURNE, 20 CROATS IN SYDNEY, AND 20 GREEKS IN SYDNEY TO CHANT IN ENGLISH :oops: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) you are THE biggest moron I have ever come across in a forum.

Glory Recruit wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Glory Recruit wrote:
The point is how would the croatians like a serbian ethnic club in there league? i mean really its disgraceful the god damn federal goverment should of stepped in lol.

these clubs shouldnt even be allowed in state league imo or any for that matter.

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:34:32 PM

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 04:35:07 PM


Um we do have a Serbian Club in our league#-o


so its a serbian club based in croatia? not a serbian club based in serbia?

and these clubs have nowhere to go unless they can come up with a proper bid and from memory dont south melbourne have the greek stripes?the melbourne knights still have crotian colours.and most of its players are crotian.how does this make football in australia move forward?

Edited by Glory recruit: 13/8/2010 06:07:44 PM


maybe some of these Clubs are content with where they are. Bonnyrigg had a chance to join the NSL, and would have been one of the biggest Clubs in it, but declined to do so. So i really dont see what your point is?

Glory Recruit wrote:
The difference between gold coast and knights is that the knights wear red white and blue for crotia.

and according to wikipedia that is the truth.(melbourne knights)


So you expect a Club to throw away of 50 years of History and Culture to meet your racist demands? Once again, this is why you are a no body in Australian football.

RedshirtWilly wrote:


This is true, however walk into Bonnyrigg sports club (which im guessing you never would :P) and you're greeted with a giant poster of "AVALA FC"

Even at the Blacktown V Sydney United semi last weekend, the United supporters were chanting "Sydney Croatia" and even spoke in that language.


And when you also walk in the Bonnyrigg Sports Club, directly to the left is a Chinese restautant ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) LOL!

Get over it, they can chant Sydney Croatia, and we can chant Pan-Ellinio - it is the old name to our Clubs, football Clubs all over Europe in there chants often use previous names of the Club, and I can only see this being an issue for you if you're a racist, which I would have MORE respect to you, if you just openly admitted you're a racist.

Villaboy wrote:
Sydneycroatia, I think you are missing the point. Yes, Sydney United fans chant "Sydney Croatia" and speak in Croatian because that is how they were brought up, but do you not realise that this alienates anyone that does not speak Croatian??
I used to go to a few Olympic games every season. Not because I am of Greek heritage, but because they played good football and were devloping the likes of Emmo and Nick Carle at the time. I would not go to any game thet there was a chance of the rivalries extending off the pitch. But the games I did go to, I was stared at as I would walk in with my family. The stands were filled with old Greek men, making no attempt to integrate into Australia, because they were more comfortable in their Greek surroundings. One time, going to buy some food, they had to go and get someone that could understand english!! How is this type of atmosphere going to attract non-greeks to the club en-mass?? I went to Sydney United and Marconi games as well, to find pretty well the same atmosphere, and I did not feel welcome.
Out of all the NSL games I attended, I felt the most welcome at Parramatta Power games. Why is this?? No ethnic affiliation meant a broad spectrum of supporters.


I very much highly doubt that people were staring at you as you walked in :roll:
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Posts: 23K, Visits: 0
scouse_roar wrote:
There's a reason why mono-ethnic clubs don't have broad-based appeal, and that's because they're mono-ethnic.

I'm not Croatian, therefore I would not be welcome at your club. I'm not Greek, so I wouldn't be welcome at Olympic. Unfortunately, that's the way you set your clubs up, in a racist, elitist way which excluded the majority of football fans.


Without wanting to over-simplify the issue - can I just say "absolute bollocks, mate".

I am English. Born and raised in the north-east, didn't arrive in Australia til I was 29. The closest I've been to visiting Greece was a two hour layover at Athens airport. I can't speak a single word of Greek. Yet, strangely, I've never had a single problem with attending South Melbourne games. I've never been so much as looked at sideways. I never felt threatened at an NSL or a State League match.

I suspect that, deep down, the reason I don't have a problem whilst those who grew up here do (perhaps), is that the first time I went along to South Melbourne I honestly had no idea that it was a 'Greek' club, so I went with no pre-conceptions, no fears, etc. So when I got there I was relaxed, looking forward to a game. By the time I figured out what was going on I was already in the middle of it, and hadn't been threatened, intimidated or even ignored.

Your argument that non-Greeks are not welcome at traditionally Greek clubs, etc., is complete bullshit. An easy and convenient way out.

Live and let live, mate.
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.4K, Visits: 0
May I ask what year that was Ben? Who was playing? Your first impression of Australian football? The supporters?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 15K, Visits: 0
So if I was Macedonian, or Turkish, or Croat, I'd have no problems being a SMFC member?

I think not.

I want my club to be a big umbrella that excludes nobody - and that just didn't happen in the NSL.
Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.4K, Visits: 0
What past do Greeks and Croats have to hate each other?

Sydney Olympic have had Maso and Turkish players playing for them.

Last season Aytec Genk was our coach, and Ozbey was our player.

I am fairly certain South Melb have had a Maso or a Turkish Captain(!!!)

so quit with your bullshit. You clearly have no idea, yeah?
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.3K, Visits: 0
scouse_roar wrote:
There's a reason why mono-ethnic clubs don't have broad-based appeal, and that's because they're mono-ethnic.

I'm not Croatian, therefore I would not be welcome at your club. I'm not Greek, so I wouldn't be welcome at Olympic. Unfortunately, that's the way you set your clubs up, in a racist, elitist way which excluded the majority of football fans. The amount of violence which surrounded the NSL was very real and it did involve a lot of conflict transference - lots of tension between ethnic groups. It was like a war zone every match day.

If I wanted to enter a war zone, I'd go to Afghanistan. If I want to watch football, I'm going to go support my A-League club.

Perhaps if you weren't such a closed-minded c**t you'd be able to appreciate this - but clearly, you're just transferring your Balkan conflict over here in miniature and pretending I'm a Bosniak or Serb.



your missing my point..:oops:

i have no respect for people that would dish out on my club when they have done so much for soccer in this country, and yes United is up there in terms of that...

These clubs were of "ethnic background" but over my time i meet alot of Australians and Maltese people who loved our club...so the only closed minded C**T would be you...

there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Minimalistix
Minimalistix
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.4K, Visits: 0
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



can we not get into that conversation...

they usually dodge the question or play the card they were 'scared' of ethnic teams.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Posts: 66K, Visits: 0
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



I can tell you why...it because the NSL was inbred, violent, dangerous, it was all about supporting the motherland, and ethnic violence, and flares and riots and was dangerous for normal everyday Aussies to go anywhere near those ethnic enclaves with their wogs and poofters....

Now of course most of that is baloney...but perceptions are hard to change and the reality is to many Aussies the NSL was seen as a closed shop where we weren't welcome...we are experiencing the same problems to a lesser degree with the A-League now.

A-League supporters and NSL/State League club supporters have more in common than we realise...many of just don't know it.


Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.2K, Visits: 0
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



With that statement, you have just put your argument back quite a way. Why should anyone be limited to the choice of club they support purely on ethnicity?? That point of view is the whole point of the argument against ethnically aligned clubs.
At the "anglo saxon" teams, I sat between and amongst people of many different ethnicities, but becasue the club itself had not aligned with anyone, everyone was accepted.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.2K, Visits: 0
Minimalistix[quote=Villaboy wrote:
Sydneycroatia, I think you are missing the point. Yes, Sydney United fans chant "Sydney Croatia" and speak in Croatian because that is how they were brought up, but do you not realise that this alienates anyone that does not speak Croatian??
I used to go to a few Olympic games every season. Not because I am of Greek heritage, but because they played good football and were devloping the likes of Emmo and Nick Carle at the time. I would not go to any game thet there was a chance of the rivalries extending off the pitch. But the games I did go to, I was stared at as I would walk in with my family. The stands were filled with old Greek men, making no attempt to integrate into Australia, because they were more comfortable in their Greek surroundings. One time, going to buy some food, they had to go and get someone that could understand english!! How is this type of atmosphere going to attract non-greeks to the club en-mass?? I went to Sydney United and Marconi games as well, to find pretty well the same atmosphere, and I did not feel welcome.
Out of all the NSL games I attended, I felt the most welcome at Parramatta Power games. Why is this?? No ethnic affiliation meant a broad spectrum of supporters.


I very much highly doubt that people were staring at you as you walked in :roll: [/quote]



Oh, so you were there.....??? I am a very pale skinned red head, and I stick out a mile amongst those of mediteranean decent. So yes, I got stared at every single time.
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.3K, Visits: 0
Joffa wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



I can tell you why...it because the NSL was inbred, violent, dangerous, it was all about supporting the motherland, and ethnic violence, and flares and riots and was dangerous for normal everyday Aussies to go anywhere near those ethnic enclaves with their wogs and poofters....

Now of course most of that is baloney...but perceptions are hard to change and the reality is to many Aussies the NSL was seen as a closed shop where we weren't welcome...we are experiencing the same problems to a lesser degree with the A-League now.

A-League supporters and NSL/State League club supporters have more in common than we realise...many of just don't know it.



inbred?:oops:

yes the NSL had its moments of violence, but there is violence in the A-league today, only a deluded fan would say otherwise, ive noticed alot of these new born fans like to sweep the violence under the rug...





Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2.3K, Visits: 0
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



With that statement, you have just put your argument back quite a way. Why should anyone be limited to the choice of club they support purely on ethnicity?? That point of view is the whole point of the argument against ethnically aligned clubs.
At the "anglo saxon" teams, I sat between and amongst people of many different ethnicities, but becasue the club itself had not aligned with anyone, everyone was accepted.


my question was to scouse, i stated that i meet alot of aussie and maltese etc of Sydney United Fans along the years...now scouse said he isnt cro, greek etc and called us pissant clubs...now id say he is the narrow minded C**T...

Thats why i asked the question if you felt threatened by these "ethnic background" clubs then why didnt you go to an ang sloaxon aussie team, simple question really.....

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

jamo91
jamo91
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.1K, Visits: 0
Villaboy wrote:


Oh, so you were there.....??? I am a very pale skinned red head, and I stick out a mile amongst those of mediteranean decent. So yes, I got stared at every single time.


Lets be honest if your very pale with red hair your probably going to get stared at wherever you go..
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Posts: 23K, Visits: 0
Minimalistix wrote:
May I ask what year that was Ben? Who was playing? Your first impression of Australian football? The supporters?


It was late in 2000, and I'm pretty sure it was against your boys. Full stadium and a cracking atmosphere. There was a nasty flavour in the air, but no worse than I'd felt when at Leeds, West Ham or Millwall, or in a S'land-Newcastle derby match.

The standard of football wasn't the best, but it wasn't awful either. A lot like watching a game in the old English 3rd division, I'd say.

Looking back on that atmosphere, it's funny that people jump on the ethnic thing, because this was Greek vs Greek according to the mono-ethnic theories, yet there was no love lost. It seems that (perhaps) it's rivalry rather than ethnicity that is the key to problems.
TheKAT
TheKAT
Super Fan
Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Posts: 122, Visits: 0
Why is the thread in grass roots the problem is with the clubs in the national comp atm.

Please move to general thread
TheKAT
TheKAT
Super Fan
Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)Super Fan (137 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Posts: 122, Visits: 0
Joffa wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



I can tell you why...it because the NSL was inbred, violent, dangerous, it was all about supporting the motherland, and ethnic violence, and flares and riots and was dangerous for normal everyday Aussies to go anywhere near those ethnic enclaves with their wogs and poofters....

Now of course most of that is baloney...but perceptions are hard to change and the reality is to many Aussies the NSL was seen as a closed shop where we weren't welcome...we are experiencing the same problems to a lesser degree with the A-League now.

A-League supporters and NSL/State League club supporters have more in common than we realise...many of just don't know it.



You Joffa are bad for the game, you are a racist pig, who comes on here and continues to put shit on the mother clubs of australian football, you are a disgrace to the game.

There is more violence in the a-league then the NSL had
Guest
Guest
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 12K, Visits: 0
TheKAT wrote:

There is more violence in the a-league then the NSL had



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:





Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Posts: 66K, Visits: 0
TheKAT wrote:
Joffa wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



I can tell you why...it because the NSL was inbred, violent, dangerous, it was all about supporting the motherland, and ethnic violence, and flares and riots and was dangerous for normal everyday Aussies to go anywhere near those ethnic enclaves with their wogs and poofters....

Now of course most of that is baloney...but perceptions are hard to change and the reality is to many Aussies the NSL was seen as a closed shop where we weren't welcome...we are experiencing the same problems to a lesser degree with the A-League now.

A-League supporters and NSL/State League club supporters have more in common than we realise...many of just don't know it.



You Joffa are bad for the game, you are a racist pig, who comes on here and continues to put shit on the mother clubs of australian football, you are a disgrace to the game.

There is more violence in the a-league then the NSL had



I take it you didn't read my post you ignoramus!
SMFC and proud
SMFC and proud
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 1.1K, Visits: 0
scouse_roar wrote:
So if I was Macedonian, or Turkish, or Croat, I'd have no problems being a SMFC member?

I think not.

I want my club to be a big umbrella that excludes nobody - and that just didn't happen in the NSL.


Hey moron 2 of our last 3 captains are players with Turkish backgrounds. Their families are often seen in the crowd. Tansel Baser and our current captain Ramazan Tavsancioglu are easily 2 of the most popular players to have ever pulled on a South shirt.
I can't think of any player from any type of 'nationality or background' that hasn't played for South over the years.
Couldn't give a stuff who wants to be a member, everyone's cash is welcome.

You're the ignorant moron with a problem. Full of fear, paranoia, beleiving all the ethnic violence/tension bullshit that is used by todays new order to discredit the traditional clubs in order to make their 'investments' and role in the game somewhat more appealing.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 15K, Visits: 0
Amazing how the supporters of these mono-ethnic clubs feel the need to aggressively defend their borders.

Hmmmmm.....
mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.5K, Visits: 0
TheKAT wrote:
You Joffa are bad for the game, you are a racist pig, who comes on here and continues to put shit on the mother clubs of australian football, you are a disgrace to the game.

There is more violence in the a-league then the NSL had


Coming from the fucktard who continually posts racist propoganda on both this forum and his facebook page. If only they'd legalize involuntary euthanasia, you'd be a prime candidate.
Villaboy
Villaboy
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Posts: 4.2K, Visits: 0
19-SU-58 wrote:
Villaboy wrote:
19-SU-58 wrote:


there were many "anglo saxon" teams in the NSL, why didnt you choose to support any of them?



With that statement, you have just put your argument back quite a way. Why should anyone be limited to the choice of club they support purely on ethnicity?? That point of view is the whole point of the argument against ethnically aligned clubs.
At the "anglo saxon" teams, I sat between and amongst people of many different ethnicities, but becasue the club itself had not aligned with anyone, everyone was accepted.


my question was to scouse, i stated that i meet alot of aussie and maltese etc of Sydney United Fans along the years...now scouse said he isnt cro, greek etc and called us pissant clubs...now id say he is the narrow minded C**T...

Thats why i asked the question if you felt threatened by these "ethnic background" clubs then why didnt you go to an ang sloaxon aussie team, simple question really.....


And the simple answer to your simple question is...... Why should he have to??
GO


Select a Forum....























Inside Sport


Search