The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
T3X8 wrote:
I have a problem with the new years fixture, who schedules a match on new years?!!

I have to get to a supernatural themed party afterwards, might just have to change my costume and go as a three-headed lion to both haha.

I actually think the New Year's Eve game is a brilliant idea! What a way to finish off th year, 3 points against the tards while watching Kewell play, followed by a huge night at Caxton!

RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

When I watch Theoklitos play, it seems he's as much part of the outfield playing roster as the others. At training sessions, does he work separately from the main group with the keeper coach and backup keeper, or is he integrated into the main squad training?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

RedsUnited wrote:
When I watch Theoklitos play, it seems he's as much part of the outfield playing roster as the others. At training sessions, does he work separately from the main group with the keeper coach and backup keeper, or is he integrated into the main squad training?

Now that would just be giving our trade secrets away wouldn't it ;)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

ive managed to catch a few mins from here in the UK. games have been on at a good time so its pretty awesome. have to stream it online though, but not too bad when you watching at 10 am in the morning.

been playing really well as usual. it seems like the other teams have not learnt from last season, no matter how much they have possession, you have to take chances.
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

After the effort of getting to the game from the Southside of Brisbane, I took to the Roar facebook page and received a quick response. the beauty of modern technology. Berishaful!
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
beastjim wrote:
Potential fixture problem for the roar coming up.
Eminem has been announced as playing a concert at Suncorp Stadium on the 5th of December. The roar are due to play the Melbourne Heart on the 9th of December, and indeed the Mariners on the 17th. Both games could have issues, although more likely is that the Heart game may have to be moved.

I have a problem with the new years fixture, who schedules a match on new years?!!

I have to get to a supernatural themed party afterwards, might just have to change my costume and go as a three-headed lion to both haha.

Easy - just wear a Berisha mask and a number 22 jersey!! Superhuman!
Mrmcjewpants
Mrmcjewpants
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

yeah i almost missed the kick off against adelaide busses were late which caused me to miss connecting busses etc. had to run from southbank to suncorp in 30mins
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

brisbaneroar wrote:

[size=8]Brisbane Roar Wants You - vs Wellington Phoenix[/size]

Brisbane Roar want you and your friends at our next home game against Wellington Phoenix!

Recruit your friends and family and come down to Suncorp Stadium on Sunday 13th of November for some scintillating football entertainment.

HOW TO PRINT:
Right click on the photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brisbaneroar/6305081348/.
Under the pop-up menu with 'View all sizes' select 'Original'.
When the picture has finished downloading, right click on it, select Save As, and save it somewhere convenient on your harddrive.
From here you can print the poster like you would any other image on your computer.

SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I'm not sure if I'm late in noticing this but does anyone have any problems with their kit?

Mines like getting white fluff and starting to look horrible. I rarely wear it now.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

still need to buy my kit. after a trip overseas, trying to get a spare $140 is a bit tough.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

beastjim wrote:
Potential fixture problem for the roar coming up.
Eminem has been announced as playing a concert at Suncorp Stadium on the 5th of December. The roar are due to play the Melbourne Heart on the 9th of December, and indeed the Mariners on the 17th. Both games could have issues, although more likely is that the Heart game may have to be moved.

Last year there was a U2 concert, followed a week later by a Bon Jovi concert, followed a week later by a Roar game.

No problem

Suncorp Stadium replaces the pitch annually, hence why its such a good surface. What they do is they schedule a couple of concerts, in this case one so far, but last year it was two, really close together, then as soon as the stage is packed up they replace the turf, and its ready to be played on within 7 days.

Happens every year, never a problem.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm late in noticing this but does anyone have any problems with their kit?

Mines like getting white fluff and starting to look horrible. I rarely wear it now.

Mines ok, but I've only worn it a couple of times outside of the actual games.

How are you washing it?

I hand wash mine, I fill a bucket with cold water, put a tiny bit of laundry liquid in, splash shirt around in bucket till I think its clean, give a bit of extra attention to areas of beer contamination, rinse off under the tap, throw that sonbitch on the line, OUT of the sun.

Comes up perfect every time

Edited by RJL25: 10/11/2011 08:31:02 PM
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:

Mines ok, but I've only worn it a couple of times outside of the actual games.

How are you washing it?

I hand wash mine, I fill a bucket with cold water, put a tiny bit of laundry liquid in, splash shirt around in bucket till I think its clean, give a bit of extra attention to areas of beer contamination, rinse off under the tap, throw that sonbitch on the line, OUT of the sun.

Comes up perfect every time

Edited by RJL25: 10/11/2011 08:31:02 PM

My girlfriend hand washes it I think. She is pretty smart in how to wash things as I'm a complete moron haha. When we bought it I noticed one bit of lose thread but didn't think much of it. >.<
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Anyone watch ESPN Tommy Smith's top 25 teams in the world. Brisbane was 25 this week. and Obvious overstatement but they are getting good international publicity
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

moofa wrote:
Anyone watch ESPN Tommy Smith's top 25 teams in the world. Brisbane was 25 this week. and Obvious overstatement but they are getting good international publicity

No way we are in the top 25 teams in the world on ability.

However it is judged on the best teams relative to the leagues they are playing in, then sure.

Nice bit of coverage in any case.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

nice crowd on the wknd. was good to see. hopefully it can stay that way.

i fear that the numbers though will drop if we unable to turn those chances into goals.

also, danning has to improve a hell of a lot.
paulc
paulc
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:
nice crowd on the wknd. was good to see. hopefully it can stay that way.

i fear that the numbers though will drop if we unable to turn those chances into goals.

also, danning has to improve a hell of a lot.

Better than 16,500 against the Kiwis has been unheard of in the past except round 1 of the very first A-League game, which was understandable.

You'd have to ask why come and see such uneventful, boring, bottom of the ladder, across the ditch adversary? It's the quality of the Roar they've come to see.

Don't worry. The crowds will be good from hereon. It's the rise of an Empire after all ;)

Edited by paulc: 15/11/2011 11:13:58 AM

Edited by paulc: 15/11/2011 11:15:06 AM

In a resort somewhere

RJL25
RJL25
World Class

It was 16,500 because the families came.

Families can't come when we have a kick off at 8pm!

Same level of support as the last few weeks, just the day fixture allowed more fans to come, that is the only difference.
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

I perfer the Saturday games but if crowds like Sundays than I'm all for it!!
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

I reckon early games on Sat would do well - 5pm KO. You'd get the people who want to go out and make a night of it plus the people who want to bring the kiddies and get them home for a 7:30 bedtime...

Sunday arvo KO's might be good for the families, but it's shit for going out post-game for those of us who have to work at 6am on Monday... I guss at the end of the day, I will sacrifice a night out for a 20-30k crowd and it so happens that our best day is Sun arvos, then go for it...
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

ned7 wrote:
I reckon early games on Sat would do well - 5pm KO. You'd get the people who want to go out and make a night of it plus the people who want to bring the kiddies and get them home for a 7:30 bedtime...

Sunday arvo KO's might be good for the families, but it's shit for going out post-game for those of us who have to work at 6am on Monday... I guss at the end of the day, I will sacrifice a night out for a 20-30k crowd and it so happens that our best day is Sun arvos, then go for it...

I see reason why the same kick off time as we had last sunday wouldn't work for families on a Saturday, which would also allow the den members to piss it up afterwards without monday morning work issues.

4pm Saturday arvo kick off? Sounds like a winner to me...

Problem is, its really starting to heat up in Brisbane now, and the more into summer we get, its only going to get hotter, so playing in sunlight is not ideal for the players.

Edited by RJL25: 15/11/2011 11:34:06 AM
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

On another note does anyone believe the food at Suncorp is poisened?

Everytme I buy something I get gut cramps hahah :(
Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Brisbane people have always been in favour of sunday football of all codes. correct me if i am wrong guys but what i have noticed from crowds in brissy sunday is a favourite.
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:
On another note does anyone believe the food at Suncorp is poisened?

Everytme I buy something I get gut cramps hahah :(

Wouldnt surprise me if the NRL went to that length!! :lol: :-#
Mrmcjewpants
Mrmcjewpants
Pro
Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)Pro (3.6K reputation)

wow did anyone know howte busses or trains went on sunday for the phoenix game itd be interesing to see if they got their shit sorted oh and btw when the game kicked off there were still hundreds maybe more outside lineing up for tickets not good enough delay kick off
ned7
ned7
Amateur

Mrmcjewpants wrote:
wow did anyone know howte busses or trains went on sunday for the phoenix game itd be interesing to see if they got their shit sorted oh and btw when the game kicked off there were still hundreds maybe more outside lineing up for tickets not good enough delay kick off

Yeah I bought our tickets online before we left home (3:30pm) and when I got there at 4:05pm, there were HUGE queue's at the Southern end. People won't bother coming if they have to queue. Obviously the arguement is there that people should be more organised, but it's not hard to pre-purchase them. As I said, I did it and printed them off half an hour before kick off ffs!!
paulc
paulc
Legend

I went just before kick-off and the buses were spot on.

My recallection from the days of the Brisbane Strikers till now is that Saturday nights is the best to attract fans on a regular basis. Families with kids were complaining last Sunday that the sun was too hot.

You can still get pissed after the game on Sat and families with youngies can sleep in on Sunday. Friday nights are difficult for many that I talk to.

In a resort somewhere

SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

paulc wrote:
I went just before kick-off and the buses were spot on.

My recallection from the days of the Brisbane Strikers till now is that Saturday nights is the best to attract fans on a regular basis. Families with kids were complaining last Sunday that the sun was too hot.

You can still get pissed after the game on Sat and families with youngies can sleep in on Sunday. Friday nights are difficult for many that I talk to.

I was right in the sun and it was extremely hot. Soaking with sweat. Though that won't keep me away, with others is just might.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

am i the only one that thought the pitch was crap. there are no other codes being played now so why is it we cant get a world class pitch. there was times when the ball just bobbled around and that does not suit our style.

they should be making a pitch to suit the roar not harm us.
paulc
paulc
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:
am i the only one that thought the pitch was crap. there are no other codes being played now so why is it we cant get a world class pitch. there was times when the ball just bobbled around and that does not suit our style.

they should be making a pitch to suit the roar not harm us.

New grass I believe. Should be perfect for our next match.

When Issey went to hammer that 5 metre shot at goal the ball it looked like the surface may have had something to do with it as it bounced up when he wolloped it, but I dunno.

In a resort somewhere

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search