The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

The Television Thread. Whats on? FTA & Pay TV

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Peep Show's the one filmed mostly in first person, isn't it?
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

MaxiiGCU wrote:
Anyone else like Peep Show?

Download them all a few weeks ago and I'm about midway through series six at the moment. I love it so much. Such an original concept and it's bloody hilarious.

Love that show. David Mitchell is hilarious.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Neanderthal wrote:

Anyone watching Game of Thrones season 2? :o
Has slowly crept up to being one of my distant top 3 favourite shows with BB and the Wire.

I've got the first three episodes but it's been a while since I watched the first season so I'm going back over it to recap what happened, can't wait to get into it though.
Krackovich
Krackovich
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

MaxiiGCU wrote:
Anyone else like Peep Show?

Download them all a few weeks ago and I'm about midway through series six at the moment. I love it so much. Such an original concept and it's bloody hilarious.

Yep, love it. I've seen all of it except season 6, so many good lines but I think this is my favourite scene:
[youtube]Y4NelsnlsdQ[/youtube]

afromanGT wrote:
Peep Show's the one filmed mostly in first person, isn't it?

Yep

Edited by Krackovich: 20/4/2012 11:58:49 AM
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

My wife will be starting back at Yoga this week so i'l be catching up on Sons of Anarchy Season 2 and 3 as well as the Rest of The Walking Dead (i'm only up to ep 4) Plus finishing of Dexter season 5?(the one with Julia Styles).

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

SoA S2 was dull.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
SoA S2 was dull.

From what i've heard it's better than season 3. To be fair i'm 2/3's therough and I don't think it's that bad. Looking forward to season 4.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I found the plot development to be very stunted and stop-start. It was very much "and then we...and then we...and then we..." it was like it was written by a 15 year old.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Peep show is awesome. "He shoots, he scores, he calls his teammate a pig".

New Community isn't bad. I'm sure it'll get better.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Archer. That is all

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
Archer. That is all

Bingo.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
SoA S2 was dull.

Dull? How?

I've heard S3 didn't live up to it's expectations, but I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of that yet. I heard S3 is going to be on One HD again soon so I might catch up with it then.

But i fail to see how S2 was 'dull'.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Sorry, my bad, yeah...season 3, [spoiler]when they're trying to get Jax's son back[/spoiler] is the one that dragged on. I got confused.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Yeah in S3 [spoiler]all the stuff in Ireland[/spoiler] dragged on way to much.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Scratch that, I didn't get confused, I got bored as fuck.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Yeah, when [spoiler]LOL Jks, haven't actually watched the show, made you look.[/spoiler]
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Sorry, my bad, yeah...season 3, [spoiler]when they're trying to get Jax's son back[/spoiler] is the one that dragged on. I got confused.

It definitely did drag on for a stretch but the last 10-15 minutes of the season finale is epic. Plus I think they had to break the mould of the club just trying to hold off shit in Charming whilst simultaneously trying to avoid arrest....so they could return to that in S4.
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Anyone following the voice finale tonight?

Sarah De Bono [-o<
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
RedKat wrote:

Sarah De Bono [-o<

Saw 10 seconds of it last night, and the douchebag from Good Charlotte called her Sarah De Yolo. All you need to know about that show.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
RedKat wrote:

Sarah De Bono [-o<

Definitely the hottest one of the three chicks left :D

MVFCSouthEnder
MVFCSouthEnder
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

RedKat wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
RedKat wrote:

Sarah De Bono [-o<

Definitely the hottest one of the three chicks left :D

I don't like The Voice, and I'm not watching it, but yes I hope she wins solely for the reason RedKat gave \:d/
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

RedKat wrote:
Karise won. Darren deserved it more

I thought Sarah De Bono was the best looker and singer there.
MVFCSouthEnder
MVFCSouthEnder
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
RedKat wrote:
Karise won. Darren deserved it more

I thought Sarah De Bono was the best looker and singer there.

Agreed :d Caught the last bit of it surprisingly, and fark Karise has to have the whitest black voice ever.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Anyone else find that Q&A is incredibly hit and miss? Why can't they just work out a core group of say 6-8 people who are the most interesting and keep them on permanent rotation?
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

RJL25 wrote:
Anyone else find that Q&A is incredibly hit and miss? Why can't they just work out a core group of say 6-8 people who are the most interesting and keep them on permanent rotation?

Haven't seen the last few episodes. What did you think of the one where they all got stuck into Gina Rinehart.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:

It's a political show, of course it's going to be hit & miss

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
RJL25 wrote:

Haven't seen the last few episodes. What did you think of the one where they all got stuck into Gina Rinehart.

Case in point. That episode was a miss, tonight's was a hit

How impressive is Brian Schmidt!
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

marconi101 wrote:
RJL25 wrote:

It's a political show, of course it's going to be hit & miss

It can be political, it's not really the premise of the show though
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

Just watched Shaun Miicallef's mad as hell. Thought it was pretty funny.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

I wish Micallef was back on the ABC :(

There's nothing on TV atm so I am going back to all three seasons of Frontline.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeaahhhhhhhhhhhh

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search