The Aussies Abroad Thread

The Aussies Abroad Thread

Author
Voice ofReason
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
Do you know anything more about Fed & Herd? I've seen a couple of reports saying they are out injured.

This is true. I believe Herd is close.

@Cheers- yeah mate that was his first full competitive game for the ressies
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

An absolute screamer by Jedinak.
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Oar and Sarota starting for Utrecht. Oar with an assist moments ago. Currently 1-1.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Sarota assist.

2-1

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

What has caused Massimo Loungo to drop out of favour? He was starting and playing whole games at the beginning and has been slowly getting less time.
killua
killua
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Watched the second half of the Utrecht game. Oar doing well again attacking down the left and with good crosses. I couldn't tell from my stream, but if he is the one taking corners on the right, they were also very good. Sarota was less evident in play.

I think Oar will be sold at the end of this season if he keeps his current form up.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Capac wrote:
What has caused Massimo Loungo to drop out of favour? He was starting and playing whole games at the beginning and has been slowly getting less time.

Be even harder now considering they signed Nigel Reo Coker
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend

Troisi gets a start for Atalanta

Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

killua wrote:
Watched the second half of the Utrecht game. Oar doing well again attacking down the left and with good crosses. I couldn't tell from my stream, but if he is the one taking corners on the right, they were also very good. Sarota was less evident in play.

I think Oar will be sold at the end of this season if he keeps his current form up.

I honestly think the EPL would be a perfect fit. I definitely think that he has the ability to attract interest from there. Such an exciting player!
Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

playmaker11 wrote:
Troisi gets a start for Atalanta

Brilliant!
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

killua wrote:

Oar takes them from the right and Sarota from the left
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Tom AUFC wrote:
killua wrote:

I honestly think the EPL would be a perfect fit. I definitely think that he has the ability to attract interest from there. Such an exciting player!

Please don't overdo it - sheesh. A bigger Eredivisie club would be more than enough and even there it'd be a struggle to maintain regular first team for a still young lad. It's good he's coming on this season, but it's still early in the season and consistency is the key. But indeed, agreed with killua, if he keeps up this form the next few months then surely a few bigger clubs both within and outside of the league will come calling. But when that time comes his next destination has to be a place where he's a good chance of regular first team - especially as where he's at now with Utrecht, regular football in the Eredivisie is not a bad thing AT ALL, infact pretty good for a young Aussie player, so even if he could string a few consecutive seasons here or even more, ala Holman, then that would be stella too.

And flipside, we've seen how risky it can be leaving a good trot in a half decent league like the Eredivisie at an arguably 'too soon time' for the likes of lower EPL/English Championship - Just ask David Carney and 1-2 others.

And with Holman being a good example - He was interested in moving to the EPL for his last couple seasons. But obviously it took him a little while - despite a strong Eredivisie and NT career and Championship success with AZ. Only after his contract ran through was he free to make the move and too, EPL clubs like Villa interested. And boy, weren't Villa lucky to pick him up on a free and don't they know it!

AND

Another good example - Brett Emerton too, 3 full seasons and nearly 100 Eredivisie games with big Dutch club Feyenoord before making the move to Blackburn at 24 years of age. And Emerton got in younger at EPL level too (Than Holman and some others) - but even he still had that strong, consistent 3 seasons in the Eredivisie that contributed to his value/stock in making his next move and too chances of first team at that next club.

Edited by gloryperth: 22/10/2012 08:19:00 AM
moofa
moofa
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

GloryPerth wrote:
Tom AUFC wrote:
killua wrote:

Please don't overdo it - sheesh. A bigger Eredivisie club would be more than enough and even there it'd be a struggle to maintain regular first team for a still young lad. It's good he's coming on this season, but it's still early in the season and consistency is the key. But indeed, agreed with killua, if he keeps up this form the next few months then surely a few bigger clubs both within and outside of the league will come calling. But when that time comes his next destination has to be a place where he's a good chance of regular first team - especially as where he's at now with Utrecht, regular football in the Eredivisie is not a bad thing AT ALL, infact pretty good for a young Aussie player, so even if he could string a few consecutive seasons here or even more, ala Holman, then that would be stella too.

And flipside, we've seen how risky it can be leaving a good trot in a half decent league like the Eredivisie at an arguably 'too soon time' for the likes of lower EPL/English Championship - Just ask David Carney and 1-2 others.

And with Holman being a good example - He was interested in moving to the EPL for his last couple seasons. But obviously it took him a little while - despite a strong Eredivisie and NT career and Championship success with AZ. Only after his contract ran through was he free to make the move and too, EPL clubs like Villa interested. And boy, weren't Villa lucky to pick him up on a free and don't they know it!

AND

Another good example - Brett Emerton too, 3 full seasons and nearly 100 Eredivisie games with big Dutch club Feyenoord before making the move to Blackburn at 24 years of age. And Emerton got in younger at EPL level too (Than Holman and some others) - but even he still had that strong, consistent 3 seasons in the Eredivisie that contributed to his value/stock in making his next move and too chances of first team at that next club.

Edited by gloryperth: 22/10/2012 08:19:00 AM

I agree with the too soon part, if he went over at the end of this season I could see a season or two like last year. the club I would like to see him the most at would be Ajax al I like them the most but PSV, Feyenoord and probably Twente now are all good at bring youth through and regularly play in Europe often getting to the knock out stages of the Europa league.

in moving to England the only benefit for him would be back in an english speaking country so it would be easier to adapt. I don't know about you but I an hoping he will move central so like Mata. now the players like this I know of all cane from overseas not in England so I would say Spain + Italy would be much better especially with the financial state of many clubs so I could see him making mid to just above mid table teams starting XI.

In terms of Italy or Spain it really depends on the club. Italy has teams using inside forwards which I think would be perfect for Oar while Spain have more traditional wingers but I feel the focus on passing over there (don't judge other teams tactics on how they play the big 2) would make Oar a better player and maybe after he has good ball control and has been taught well he should move to England where they play a bit faster but I feel the coaching for development is still behinds.

other places I think he could go to play at the end of the year and would be good for him. a big Portuguese team who plays in Europe (i think there were rumours last year). Brazil - it is becoming a stronger league each year and really encourages players to be creative but I think it unlikely as most players probably see this as a step back and also Brazil teams don't bring many european based players over, also like many Brazilians have said it is the location of the world cup which can only he good.

Also a word of warning, these rumours where going around at the start of last season after he scored and had some good performances, it is still early days
Neanderthal
Neanderthal
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Tom AUFC wrote:
killua wrote:

I hope he stays at Utrecht for a few years.
Historically the Eredivise has been the best place for Australians to develop.

Holman and Culina had zero hype around them before they went there. Then after a few years they became some our most important players.

Add to that Emerton, Graham Arnold, the Vidmar's and now even Sarota who nobody rated is coming good due to his time there.

I can't think of a single Australian who played in the Eredivise for a few years that didn't do very well for the NT during their time there.

Also on some occasions when one of these players moved to the premier league or other more physical leagues they suddenly started putting in less impressive performances for the Socceroos.
Holman hasn't been very good for us since his move so far. Let's hope he doesn't get added to that list.
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro

An overview of the Aussies in action from Asia, Europe, and North America. Plenty of Mid East goals http://osaussies.com/sunday-wrap-4/
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Voice ofReason wrote:
An overview of the Aussies in action from Asia, Europe, and North America. Plenty of Mid East goals http://osaussies.com/sunday-wrap-4/

you can again (sort of if you include gulum and amini) make an entire team of young players getting starts in good leagues. 3-4-3 this week (with davidson, herd and willaims returning from injury eventually an even better team can be made)

--------------bouzanis--------------
--Mcgowan----Devere-----Gulum-------
-------------holland----------------
--sarota-----------------troisi-----
-------------amini------------------
--------kruse----lecki---oar--------

just about everyone seemed to do well this week in that group from what I can see except for troisi where they said he needed to adapt to the mentality of the serie a and not play turkish style football
SpongeBobFC
SpongeBobFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I thought Bouzanis was back at Sydney or am i mistaken?
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

SpongeBobFC wrote:

Mistaken, he's the top GK for Oldham.

A much better result. Rostyn Griffiths hasn't quite taken off the way he would have hoped. Good to see Zullo and McGrath on the bench.

Dylan McGowan getting on the pitch is another positive as well as Brosque and Bresciano banging them in.
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro

Farrand93 wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:

A much better result. Rostyn Griffiths hasn't quite taken off the way he would have hoped. Good to see Zullo and McGrath on the bench.

Dylan McGowan getting on the pitch is another positive as well as Brosque and Bresciano banging them in.

His younger brother is at Sydney FC
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Voice ofReason wrote:
Farrand93 wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:

Understudy to the 'highly rated' Ryan Norval if my memory serves
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro

Farrand93 wrote:
Voice ofReason wrote:
Farrand93 wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:

Lol "if my memory serves" yeah your such an old geezer now
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro

This update of the Aussies abroad in action overnight is focused on the youth http://osaussies.com/monday-wrap-4/
Eastern Glory
Eastern Glory
Legend

Voice ofReason wrote:
Farrand93 wrote:
Voice ofReason wrote:
Farrand93 wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:

Lol "if my memory serves" yeah your such an old geezer now

Was more worried about Norval's first name than the historical accuracies :lol:
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Voice ofReason wrote:
This update of the Aussies abroad in action overnight is focused on the youth http://osaussies.com/monday-wrap-4/

I thout Kerem Bulut plays in the turkish league now?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

apillay12 wrote:
Voice ofReason wrote:

he came back when he couldn't get game time.

Turkish football isn't very good to be honest mind you.
Voice ofReason
Voice ofReason
Pro

Check out the latest overview of the Aussies abroad http://osaussies.com/tuesday-wrap-4/
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

could this be the year both rhys williams and jedinak get promoted to the epl? Middlesborough coming third without their captain and palace not far off...
munjumba
munjumba
Hacker
Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)Hacker (356 reputation)

Farrand93 wrote:
SpongeBobFC wrote:

I doubt that. Cisak much better with bouzanis only getting chance through injury to Cisak.
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro

grazorblade wrote:
apillay12 wrote:
Voice ofReason wrote:

surely better than the czech republic league though?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

apillay12 wrote:
grazorblade wrote:
apillay12 wrote:
Voice ofReason wrote:

surely better than the czech republic league though?

Its an interesting question. Amusingly on soccerwiki.com the top turkish teams are rated as highly as the top bundesliga teams.

Troisi came from the turkish league and was dominating at the end of last season and while he is slowly working his way into the serie a, one comment in a newspaper that struck me was "he needs to stop playing turkish football and adapt to the italian mentality 5/10". Jedinak also went from turkey to the championship and I personally believe that the championship developed his game which leads me to suspect that championship > turkey. If someone had of dominated the championship the way troisi did the turkish league they would probably be almost as effective in the premier league

having said that I can't remember too many aussies coming from the czech republic so its hard to compare...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search