NPL- Queensland Conference

NPL- Queensland Conference

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Roar v Strikers Derby?

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)

I can only assume that the QAS will play in the BPL, as for which ground the Roar use, no idea. For the NYL they've been using Brisbane City's ground, but that won't continue as long as City are in the NPL. Perhaps it'll be Richlands or Meakin Park? No idea really, unlikely to be Ballymore.
maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)Hardcore Fan (239 reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar v Strikers Derby?

-PB

Exactly what I was thinking. The foundations of what we in Brisbane hope to be our major city derby are being born in the NPL.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

maninorange wrote:
I can only assume that the QAS will play in the BPL

Surely not. The BPL is less than two weeks from starting, they wouldn't have the time to add another team and make all the changes to the draw. I don't know what the alternative is, but I doubt it'll be in the BPL.

My guess is that it's just a renaming of the QAS side for the purpose of the NPL.

maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan

aussieshorter wrote:
maninorange wrote:
I can only assume that the QAS will play in the BPL

Surely not. The BPL is less than two weeks from starting, they wouldn't have the time to add another team and make all the changes to the draw. I don't know what the alternative is, but I doubt it'll be in the BPL.

My guess is that it's just a renaming of the QAS side for the purpose of the NPL.

Quite possibly, as far as I'm aware half of the QAS are Roar NYL players anyway. Having said that, there are wholesale changes being made at the QAS as a result (coach-wise etc).
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

maninorange wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar v Strikers Derby?

-PB

Exactly what I was thinking. The foundations of what we in Brisbane hope to be our major city derby are being born in the NPL.

HNNG!

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar v Strikers Derby?

-PB

=p~ This is great news. I now have a team in the NPL. :d

Ken you should add each clubs Facebook page to the OP.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
Roar v Strikers Derby?

-PB

=p~ This is great news. I now have a team in the NPL. :d

Ken you should add each clubs Facebook page to the OP.

KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

My days, Roar youth in the NPL... They will get a reception.

I'll add some FB pages but other then that I'm not upkeeping the thread I cba hahaha.

Hello

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
Roar youth in the NPL... They will get a reception.

They certainly will. From a few clubs I imagine;)
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

So I'm assuming Thurtell will be playing for the Strikers. Instead of the Roar NYL side.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

FT08 wrote:
KenGooner_GCU wrote:
Roar youth in the NPL... They will get a reception.

They certainly will. From a few clubs I imagine;)

Give em hell and pyro. How it should be.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Sunshine Coast FC Fire
il y a 9 minutes ·
Preseason games with Noosa Lions on Saturday 23 February as follows: (Girraween Sports Complex)

Kick off SCFC Noosa
Field 1 3:00PM U16 NPL U17
5:00PM U18 NPL 2ND Div.
7:00PM 1st NPL 1st Div.

Field 2 1:00PM U14G NPL U15 G
2:30PM U13 NPL U14
4:00PM U14 NPL U15

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Wide Bay Revolution Football Club
il y a 10 minutes ·
Games v Brisbane City this Sunday are as follows;

9:00; U12 Boys & U13 Boys
10:15; U13 Boys & U13 Girls
11:30; U16 Boys & U14 Girls
1:15; U18 Boys & U15 Girls
3:00; U20 Boys & U18 Girls

Please arrive an hour before your games. All games will be played at One Mile Sport Fields in Gympie.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Support your local team.

FT08
FT08
Fan
Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)Fan (86 reputation)

When is the draw being amended to accommodate Ben Mannions favorite club?
Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

Well Olympic beat Moreton Bay 7-1 tonight in the preseason cup semi.

They seem to be on a decent run at the moment.

Edited by Roar_Brisbane: 20/2/2013 10:30:18 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Brisbane Strikers
Full time score in Sikver Boot semi-final: Brisbane Strikers 3 Peninsula Power 1. The Strikers will now play Olympic FC in the final on Sunday.

Strikers fb page

AJohn
AJohn
World Class
World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)World Class (9.2K reputation)

Already got a Brisbane team, but knowing some lads that are involved in the club from my time spent around there, I guess I'm a FNQ supporter now too.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

AJohn wrote:
Already got a Brisbane team, but knowing some lads that are involved in the club from my time spent around there, I guess I'm a FNQ supporter now too.

:roll:

Geez

Roar_Brisbane
Roar_Brisbane
Legend

AJohn wrote:

You realize that the Roar youth team will be involved.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

They won't be playing NPL.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

Thought they were taking QAS position in the league?

-PB

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

paulbagzFC wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

-PB

Didn't think they were allowed. It's be stupid for reserves to play seniors.

maninorange
maninorange
Hardcore Fan

TheSelectFew wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

-PB

Source?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

maninorange wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
paulbagzFC wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

-PB

Source?

+1

NYL aren't really classed as reserves as they have to meet age criteria.

-PB

FT08
FT08
Fan

Roar_Brisbane wrote:
AJohn wrote:

Has there been any confirmation from FQ on this?
KenGooner_GCU
KenGooner_GCU
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
AJohn wrote:

Geez

Chill, lots of people support lower division teams. Some of my earliest memories of football were at Watford. Pukka pies, my old man and lower division football at a real family club with my mates from my local junior side. I'd have never gotten that at Highbury.

No confirmation thus far from FQ but I'd support the move. No problems with a Roar youth side when there's no relegation/promotion.

Hello

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

KenGooner_GCU wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
AJohn wrote:

Geez

Chill, lots of people support lower division teams. Some of my earliest memories of football were at Watford. Pukka pies, my old man and lower division football at a real family club with my mates from my local junior side. I'd have never gotten that at Highbury.

No confirmation thus far from FQ but I'd support the move. No problems with a Roar youth side when there's no relegation/promotion.

But it gets to a point of stupidity.

It won't go through an it shouldn't. If they wanted to fix up the football system an make it more neat this would be a step in the wrong direction.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search