NPL - Victoria

NPL - Victoria

Author
Priest
Super Fan
Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
:-({|=
Blackmissionary
Blackmissionary
Hacker
Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)Hacker (327 reputation)

Steven of Balwyn wrote:
If there is enough desire from the clubs that put in an EOI I believe that things can change if they need to. And with a new CEO there is a ready-made, face-saving way to do it. No one can say, "You said you wouldn't change". So if you want to have a chance to push for change then inside is where you needed to be. From the outside little will be achieved....not least because you will be seen as recalcitrant.

The worry that a lot of clubs have, is that despite all the consultation the FFV has done over the past 12-18 months, they've actually changed very little in what they want as their criteria. Both the interim CEO Peter Gome and the person he replaced Mark Rendell insisted that the criteria as the FFV wanted to apply it would not be changed.

Of course, there is always the chance that things could change, but the real concern here is not with the individual CEO at any given time, but with the institutional ideology that the FFV has, which pushes toward a certain way of doing things. The FFV's NPLV is not merely a reaction to the FFA's NCR recommendations, but an attempt to force through the failed VCL concept whether anyone thinks it's a good idea or not. And while it's an easy decision for perhaps the vast majority of clubs to not enter, the clubs that are at the top of the tree are left with a kind of Sophie's choice, take a huge gamble by participating in this unproven model, or risk being left to rot for at least three years in an amateur competition.
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Priest, SydneyCroatia,

It aint over until the fat lady sings guys.

If there is enough desire from the clubs that put in an EOI I believe that things can change if they need to. And with a new CEO there is a ready-made, face-saving way to do it. No one can say, "You said you wouldn't change". So if you want to have a chance to push for change then inside is where you needed to be. From the outside little will be achieved....not least because you will be seen as recalcitrant.

It's even harder to understand when one considers that there was nothing about the EOI that tied you down to any further obligations of any sort.

I don't buy the line that the Knights didn't have the resources to be part of the next phase of the process.

Don't get me wrong, you may be right that nothing will change. But it's a big risk they've taken.

You're basically implying that the FFV cant be trusted. Why would anyone put the future in the hands of people who say one thing and then do another? Especially one who has a track record of poor financial management, poor administration, poor marketing and promotion of its 'Premier' competition etc. You're being asked to make a huge financial commitment over the next 3 years to an organisation that is basically saying - we dont know how this will work, we dont know who will be in it, we dont know how it will look, we dont know how you will be able to recoup the increased operational costs, we certainly havent given you any reason in the last 5/10 years to put this much faith in us, but just do it anyway because it looks sexy on paper.

I didn't say the Knights didnt have the resources, I simply said that they're better off focusing their resources on other things instead of worrying about an application process for a competition neither the board nor their members are keen on for a wide variety of reasons
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s
Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)

A tough choice indeed but what's the alternative? Youth development in VIC is piss poor, ad-hoc, hit and miss stuff.

Something has to give.The NPLV is one serious attempt which at least makes logical sense.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Steven of Balwyn wrote:
A tough choice indeed but what's the alternative? Youth development in VIC is piss poor, ad-hoc, hit and miss stuff.

Something has to give.The NPLV is one serious attempt which at least makes logical sense.

Genuine consultation between the governing body and the clubs?
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Reading through past documents such as the Crawford Report, the NSL Taskforce Report and the APL report, there is much said about the realtionship between the major competition and the administrative body.

It is a constantly repeated theme how a League should be self administered and seperate from the governing body to succeed.

The FFV has yet to present a business plan or marketing plan to clubs or the wider community on how the competition will be marketed or presented.

In any busisness process this must be a concern to club decision makers wether they have submitted an EOI or not.
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s
Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)Under 7s (19 reputation)

Arthur do you believe that the competence exists within the club structures at VPL and State 1 and 2 in order to run the leagues themselves? I am not confident that the level is there across the board to do this at this time. In my view we simply can't avoid the governing body running the leagues at this time.
Priest
Priest
Super Fan
Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)

How the fuck would you know? Do you personally know every board member of every VPL club? I can guarantee you, that the clubs would run the league 1000 times better than the FFV is at the moment.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Arthur do you believe that the competence exists within the club structures at VPL and State 1 and 2 in order to run the leagues themselves? I am not confident that the level is there across the board to do this at this time. In my view we simply can't avoid the governing body running the leagues at this time.

Firstly I refer to the thinking of the former FFV Board member who believes this

Joe Perri firmly believes that the sport and the Federation’s ambitions would be better served if the competition was restructured and the men and women’s senior / reserves leagues were replaced with ongoing age groups i.e. Under 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, and so on.

and I ask you is the FFV have the competence to run the NPLV?

Secondly an independant Board and staff could be appointed to run the NPLV if the FFV had the concerns of the competition at heart and operated with a greater level of humbleness.
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s

Priest wrote:
How the fuck would you know? Do you personally know every board member of every VPL club? I can guarantee you, that the clubs would run the league 1000 times better than the FFV is at the moment.

You're very angry Priest. You need to stay calm if you're going to try to get your point across. You don't know me so you don't know who and how much I know. Don't make assumptions. I know enough to know that the competencies aren't there. It's not enough for some clubs to be at the required level. It needs to be across the board and it isn't. If they were up to it then the clubs would have taken over long ago. They haven't because they can't.

Let's see if your mates mount a new alternative league and how long they can run it before it collapses. I'm prepared to take my hat off to them and to eat humble pie here on this forum if it ever happens...but we all know it won't don't we. This is what really upsets you, but you'll never admit it.

And let me make it very clear that I am a VPL supporter and go to many matches of my club and I support no A-League outfit. It's just that I can admit the reality of the situation and the need for a new vision and strategy.
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s

Arthur wrote:
Steven of Balwyn wrote:

Firstly I refer to the thinking of the former FFV Board member who believes this

Joe Perri firmly believes that the sport and the Federation’s ambitions would be better served if the competition was restructured and the men and women’s senior / reserves leagues were replaced with ongoing age groups i.e. Under 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, and so on.

Secondly an independant Board and staff could be appointed to run the NPLV if the FFV had the concerns of the competition at heart and operated with a greater level of humbleness.

Arthur, I don't know what Perri is talking about. On face value it seems worrying but he is one person, not the whole FFV Board. Secondly, you seem to be suggesting we create another FFV to replace the current FFV. And what happens when that board starts to develop new and fancy ideas we don't like? We go for another league with and FFV Mk III?
Priest
Priest
Super Fan

Once again I have been tricked into speaking to a brick wall ](*,)
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Arthur wrote:
Steven of Balwyn wrote:

Arthur, I don't know what Perri is talking about. On face value it seems worrying but he is one person, not the whole FFV Board. Secondly, you seem to be suggesting we create another FFV to replace the current FFV. And what happens when that board starts to develop new and fancy ideas we don't like? We go for another league with and FFV Mk III?

The independent board running the league should be accountable to the clubs within that league - that seems to be the key problem with the FFV at the moment - and it's where all of the current problems come from... The FFV make decisions, all the clubs complain, the FFV steam on - and things get worse... Maybe that's because the FFV decisions are bad, maybe it's because the clubs are overly resistant - but the way to sort this out is through open discussion and mediation. Nothing is ever solved by simply stonewalling.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Steven of Balwyn wrote:

Arthur, I don't know what Perri is talking about.On face value it seems worrying but he is one person, not the whole FFV Board.

Thats the ramblings of a FFV Director who just stepped down, don't feel left out cause no-one else knows what his talking about. But he did have direct involvement in the the FFV's version of the NPL. Which is the issue at hand.

[quote]Secondly, you seem to be suggesting we create another FFV to replace the current FFV. And what happens when that board starts to develop new and fancy ideas we don't like? We go for another league with and FFV Mk III?

No that is not what I'm asking for, in reference to taskforce documents an idependant board to operate the league competition revolves around FFV participation, club participation and independant expert board member appointments. Obviously operating under a set of guidelines.
I beleivet this to a reasonable option to help make the competion Commercially viable and Commercially attractive.

One of my major arguements with my own club, SMFC has always been that for the club to be the major developer of talent (and for any club for that matter) it is necessary to have development squads paying ZERO dollars. Along with a solid coaching staff it is the only way to attract the best emerging talent to the club.

Budgets being prepared now to would suggest the junior operational costs for the NPLV will range from $200K to over $350K. As you stated the parents will bare this cost.

Without a commercially successful competition with top down revenue streams to subsidise these costs, the quality of player development will not change and I believe the quality of juniors comming through the competition will be no better or worse as drop out rates will probably be still be high after U16 level and above.

The senior competition will most likely be of a quality that would commpare with the current State 2 or 3 and most of the more talented players crossing over to the Community Clubs competition.

Edited by Arthur: 6/6/2013 10:32:24 AM
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Quote:
Galaxy NPLV bid spurred by youth
By Donald Sutherland June 6, 2013 Leave a comment

Greater Geelong Galaxy Chairman Joe Madunic says he is motivated by the fact local junior footballers could look elsewhere for elite competition should his consortium be unsuccessful in its National Premier League Victoria (NPLV) application.

Speaking exclusively to MFootball, Mr Madunic also said his entity has received support from “traditional” clubs within the local region, a stance quite different from the metropolitan area.

“We’re a new entity, and we’re working towards getting a united bid for Geelong and we owe it to our kids basically to say hey, we’re going to do this for you guys so we can nurture talent and nurture good coaches and nurture good football in our region so we don’t miss the boat and be left behind,” Mr Madunic said.

“That’s probably one of the major reasons why we are actually going ahead with this bid and I think we’re getting a lot of support because of it.

“I think everyone is coming to the realisation that being excluded out of the NPL will pretty much shut the gate in terms of the next three years of football development in Geelong.”

The Galaxy chairman outlined the landscape of Geelong’s football community, where the ‘big’ sides play in FFV metropolitan competitions, saying that if a Geelong side wasn’t accepted into Victoria’s top tier, young footballers would go elsewhere.

“Over the journey, the local competition has been up and down. Most clubs who are FFV affiliated or clubs that are basically playing in Melbourne as a senior club try to get their juniors clubs through at some stage, and that’s been pretty good for player development but it’s got to a stage now where with the new NPL requirements that juniors will not be allowed to play in Melbourne as of 2014.

“In the presentation slides from the FFV … I think on page 24, [it says] all regional clubs will not be allowed to put in teams into the Melbourne competition.

“So teams like Ballarat Red Devils, if they don’t get a license in the NPL, all their juniors would have to go back and play in the Ballarat competition. Or if Geelong didn’t get a license in the NPL, all our kids would have to go back and play in the Geelong competition.

“Traditionally what’s happened in the past when Geelong teams haven’t been allowed to play in Melbourne, players will go up the highway and find a club in the western suburbs somewhere where they can ply their trade and even some coaches have moved up the highway.”

Mr Madunic, who is a passionate supporter of North Geelong Warriors, said he was empathetic to particular metropolitan clubs who have snubbed the new competition due to the licence structure.

“It is a bit of a cultural change, it’s moving away from tradition but they’ve got the opportunity to work out if they want to keep their traditional club’s name, colours, heritage, history, culture – whatever you want to name it.

“Some clubs feel that their clubs culture and tradition are above the NPL, and in some cases, I do agree with them. Melbourne Knights – 60 years of history, North Geelong – 45 years of history, do they want to put all their eggs in one basket and go in a new direction? That’s a big call to make.

“A lot of those metro clubs … the Victorian Premier League clubs, they’ve been clubs for a long, long time. You’re talking about the Oakleighs, you’re talking about the South Melbourne Football Club, you’re talking about the Melbourne Knights, you’re talking about clubs who have been around ever since post-war migration in Australia.

“They’ve got a lot of tradition; they’ve produced a lot of great players – not just for Victoria but also for Australia. So I can’t say much for them, I can’t speak on their behalf but I do understand why. I honestly, as an individual, do understand why they might not want to take the plunge into the NPL because they’re protecting the community club that they are.”

Madunic, who was also secretary at North Geelong Warriors when they were State Champions, acknowledged the financial burden an NPLV license could incur, but said it was something his group had to address in order to provide opportunities for the young Geelong-based footballers.

“The other side of it is the cost factor and charging fees of up to seventeen hundred dollars,” Mr Madunic said.

“Yeah, it is a concern for some clubs, and in the climate of sport and finding dollars through sponsorship – yeah, they are challenges but they are challenges that we in Geelong definitely have to have a decent crack at because if you don’t have a decent crack at it, like I said, we don’t want to be left in the wilderness and we’ll have a mass exodus of players going up the highway to chase their dreams.

“We’re working through that (sponsorship) at the moment. We’re talking with external stakeholders; we’re working with internal stakeholders. We have got a little bit of backing from the local region within our organisations here.

“We’re pretty confident that we can cover the criteria that’s there. We’ll know a little bit more once the expressions close … and we’ll know a little bit more in the next phase once they start releasing more information about the application process itself and what the FFV can do to help us in a lot of the strategic areas.”

The chairman of the bid also revealed that the Greater Geelong Galaxy identity, which was born out of the Victorian Champions League, would exist for one season before a vote would be put to its members to change.

“This new entity, if we do get the NPL, will run for one year or basically for one cycle. Once the membership and the governance is up, then the members will decide which way they want to go in terms of ownership, in terms of colours, in terms of name, in terms of the board structure and things like that.

“So we’re doing this as an interim measure until the governance up and going, until we get the membership base up, and until we get an AGM where obviously the members will vote what direction they want to take the NPL licence if we are successful in getting one.”

Priest
Priest
Super Fan

Hopefully Surf Coast and Galaxy both get in. Watch them Socceroos roll in =p~
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
[quote]“In the presentation slides from the FFV … I think on page 24, [it says] all regional clubs will not be allowed to put in teams into the Melbourne competition.

“So teams like Ballarat Red Devils, if they don’t get a license in the NPL, all their juniors would have to go back and play in the Ballarat competition. Or if Geelong didn’t get a license in the NPL, all our kids would have to go back and play in the Geelong competition.

Well that is just fucking retarded. Ballarat Red Devils, North Geelong Warriors, Morwell Pegasus, etc. have been part of the metro pyramid for donks. Why undo all that work?
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s

Priest wrote:

Well done Priest.

You've now shown yourself to be the arrogant snob I suspected you were. At least everyone can now see what you really stand for....certainly not the improvement of football across the board.

Basically you have your vested interests (presumably your old club) and that's where you're coming from. That's cool. Just don't profess to care about the good of football.

No need for further comment from you mate.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

paladisious wrote:
Quote:
[quote]“In the presentation slides from the FFV … I think on page 24, [it says] all regional clubs will not be allowed to put in teams into the Melbourne competition.

Well that is just fucking retarded. Ballarat Red Devils, North Geelong Warriors, Morwell Pegasus, etc. have been part of the metro pyramid for donks. Why undo all that work?

Thats probably a lessor known conditions the FFV has placed on the "revolutionary" changes they are implementing.

It probably not a good idea especially as Gippsland will not have representation in the NPL due to lack of interest but also Warrgul Utd and Morwell Pegasus will be pushed out of the Metro Community leagues thus making the games development at a decent playing standard uncertain.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Arthur wrote:
paladisious wrote:
Quote:

Thats probably a lessor known conditions the FFV has placed on the "revolutionary" changes they are implementing.

It probably not a good idea especially as Gippsland will not have representation in the NPL due to lack of interest but also Warrgul Utd and Morwell Pegasus will be pushed out of the Metro Community leagues thus making the games development at a decent playing standard uncertain.

As FFV's plan is for the NPL to serve player development 100% and watchable, commercially viable club football 0%, cutting off the non-metro areas is even more retarded a decision.

The NPL will surely still go ahead, but hopefully some of these terrible, terrible ideas are fixed before the damage is irreparable.
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

It's clearly a thinly-veiled attempt at blackmailing regional clubs into submitting expressions of interest

Sad.
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Priest wrote:

Well done Priest.

You've now shown yourself to be the arrogant snob I suspected you were. At least everyone can now see what you really stand for....certainly not the improvement of football across the board.

Basically you have your vested interests (presumably your old club) and that's where you're coming from. That's cool. Just don't profess to care about the good of football.

Heaven forbid that someone might have their club's best interest at heart.

My club always comes first. I dont understand why anyone would be willing to sacrifice their club for the so-called "greater good"

If that's the case, then it's not really your club... just someone you follow out of convenience
Priest
Priest
Super Fan

:lol: Oh Steven..

No fucking idea what, so, ever.

You going to tell me there is a talent pool large enough to service both Surf Coast and Galaxy?

Tell me which club will be based in the Western Suburbs? And which Class A facility will the play out of? Yeah before you pull that one, if you're going to have clubs 'propose' they will upgrade to Class A within 3 years, when everyone knows they won't but they are still prepared to bend the criteria for them, then why the fuck have a criteria at all?

Over to you, o wise one.. \:d/
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

SydneyCroatia wrote:
Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Priest wrote:

Well done Priest.

My club always comes first. I dont understand why anyone would be willing to sacrifice their club for the so-called "greater good"

If that's the case, then it's not really your club... just someone you follow out of convenience

I always liked you SydCro... This comment could be pasted into soooooo many threads on 442 over the last few years.
cro69
cro69
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

The NPL submission is closed to 98% of clubs, some clubs are above the cut off,and the FFV are sucking up to them as we speak.Shambles this new guy will make no difference, what needs to happen is the whole board of FFV needs to be sacked and removed.
Steven of Balwyn
Steven of Balwyn
Under 7s

Of course. Of course. The only way to support your club is the way YOU support your clubs. That there are other perspectives and interpretations of support would be hard for you guys to fathom because for you there seems to only be one way...your way.

For the record I do support my club strongly but I see this support in a much wider context than you and I can understand a few things about trends and numbers and what these mean for the future of my club within the current set up.....a slow and miserable death, that's what. And the same applies to your clubs. Have no illusions about that. Unless we radically improve the whole picture then trying to support your club is like trying to make a hole in water.

You've got to see your club and its evolution within the wider context of the needs of football in the Australian reality. It's the whole puzzle that matters and not any one piece on its own.

But of course that's hard to see for one-eyed supporters....something I have never been and never will be. I bet you guys were the ones screaming abuse at each other from opposite stands in the 80's and 90's or at least look back on those days with nostalgia.

Well we're moving on now boys. Like it or not.
Priest
Priest
Super Fan

:lol: Oh Steven #-o

Correct me if I am wrong, but most people want to see their club win? And the last time I checked, that wasn't a crime. And certainly not frowned upon in pretty much every other country in the world like it is starting to be here. If nurturing young players is what you want you see as success from your club, jump on board the AIS. Or better yet, the NTC. :lol:

I don't think anyone disagrees that the game in Victoria needs big changes to move forward, but the NPLV is the not the way to go about it. Please enlighten us on how the NPLV will help your club? The NPLV is designed for one thing and one thing only. To churn out quality players, which in my opinion will not produce more quality players than the VPL does now.

Clubs may be destined for a slow miserable death, but committing suicide with the NPLV is not the alternative we are after.

But of course you will see this response as the views of a one eyed supporter (something that you never have been I might add, God bless..) who only cares about their own club and not the game as a whole. :)

SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

"A slow, miserable death" is better than suicide.

Please explain how the new competition will prolong the lives of clubs... keep in mind the huge cost increases and no evidence of any new revenue streams. Will it be from transfer fees for the hundreds of export quality juniors the new set up produces?

Analysing the criteria properly is not being a one-eyed supporter. It's just the normal way to run an organisation. You're clearly not a one-eyed supporter, it's hard to be one-eyed when you blindly follow whatever you're told is 'for the good of the game'
SydneyCroatia
SydneyCroatia
Semi-Pro

Oh and I don't think anyone has claimed that change is necessary. Vic clubs have been screaming for it for years now... but change for the sake of change us counterproductive
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

SydneyCroatia wrote:
Oh and I don't think anyone has claimed that change is necessary. Vic clubs have been screaming for it for years now... but change for the sake of change us counterproductive

The FFV has called it a "revolution".

Benjamin wrote:
SydneyCroatia wrote:
Steven of Balwyn wrote:
Priest wrote:

Well done Priest.

I always liked you SydCro... This comment could be pasted into soooooo many threads on 442 over the last few years.

But not all Clubs are equal! Some Clubs (franchises) are more eqal than others.

cro69 wrote:
The NPL submission is closed to 98% of clubs, some clubs are above the cut off,and the FFV are sucking up to them as we speak.Shambles this new guy will make no difference, what needs to happen is the whole board of FFV needs to be sacked and removed.

Once again I fail to understand your comments and their relevance at this point. And I think we are supporting the same point of view.:shock:

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search