god make it end

god make it end

Author
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Losing brain cells trying to comprehend ardtho's logic
adrtho
adrtho
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:

you really should stop reading , I know you don't have many brain cells left :p

that logic is the same as FFA

Edited by adrtho: 11/3/2016 02:47:21 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

adrtho wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

you really should stop reading , I know you don't have many brain cells left

You keep deflecting you idiot.

Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

I'm never copy and pasting another Les Murray article again.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:

he's just trolled the fuck out of this thread

SWandP
SWandP
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Socceroofan4life wrote:
I'm never copy and pasting another Les Murray article again.

TFFT.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

I genuinely think he's being serious tho
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:
inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

I share the same concerns

adrtho
adrtho
World Class
World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)World Class (6K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:
inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

i'm serious...i agree with FFA....no P/R
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

adrtho wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

i'm serious...i agree with FFA....no P/R

k
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

he gotchya

+ he self trolls like a pro

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

RedshirtWilly wrote:
eyesman wrote:
Set up an A-League 2 with a number of teams from the best of NPL and give them A-League associated member licences. Expand the A-league 1 to say, 14. The current teams are given A-League Pro licences and cannot be relegated, the 4 A-League expansion clubs with Assoc members can. Every X number of years licences reviewed. Some Assoc Member licences may be upgraded to Pro, and some may be down-graded to Associated member, if they are financially unviable. So as an example, Nth Qld Fury would have been downgraded to Assoc Member and only if finishing bottom would they have been relegated to AL2. This is not a true Pro/rel but at least guarantees survival of the current franchises as long as they are financial. Also gives AL2 teams a chance of playing a AL1. As the Pro licences increase then we will get true pro/rel. If they don't ....well we are no better than we are now. It's a compromise and would satisfy both the franchise only supporters and those advocating the joining of the A-League and the NPL into one pyramid system.

This isn't a bad idea. Two others I like:

2 tiers of 10 playing each other twice and then the other tier once, pro/rel one team in a playoff
Create APL through best of NPL and other teams working towards full A-League membership. Pro when they meet the requirements, no relegation until generations have grown up with the club.

Either way the idea is not going to happen now no matter how romantic it sounds. Our top tier needs to be sustainable, then we need an actual second tier, and of both tiers we need supporters to bring in the revenue.

None of that will happen overnight.

I like this and have suggested it earlier.

The main reason I like it is that it guarantees clashes.
The FFAs biggest fear isn't CCM or NJ going down and potentially dying, it must surely the one of the Syd or Mel teams do. Then they lose their derbies.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

inala brah wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:
inala brah wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

he gotchya

+ he self trolls like a pro

Now i just feel sorry for the bloke.

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class

scott21 wrote:
RedshirtWilly wrote:
eyesman wrote:
Set up an A-League 2 with a number of teams from the best of NPL and give them A-League associated member licences. Expand the A-league 1 to say, 14. The current teams are given A-League Pro licences and cannot be relegated, the 4 A-League expansion clubs with Assoc members can. Every X number of years licences reviewed. Some Assoc Member licences may be upgraded to Pro, and some may be down-graded to Associated member, if they are financially unviable. So as an example, Nth Qld Fury would have been downgraded to Assoc Member and only if finishing bottom would they have been relegated to AL2. This is not a true Pro/rel but at least guarantees survival of the current franchises as long as they are financial. Also gives AL2 teams a chance of playing a AL1. As the Pro licences increase then we will get true pro/rel. If they don't ....well we are no better than we are now. It's a compromise and would satisfy both the franchise only supporters and those advocating the joining of the A-League and the NPL into one pyramid system.

This isn't a bad idea. Two others I like:

2 tiers of 10 playing each other twice and then the other tier once, pro/rel one team in a playoff
Create APL through best of NPL and other teams working towards full A-League membership. Pro when they meet the requirements, no relegation until generations have grown up with the club.

Either way the idea is not going to happen now no matter how romantic it sounds. Our top tier needs to be sustainable, then we need an actual second tier, and of both tiers we need supporters to bring in the revenue.

None of that will happen overnight.

I like this and have suggested it earlier.

The main reason I like it is that it guarantees clashes.
The FFAs biggest fear isn't CCM or NJ going down and potentially dying, it must surely the one of the Syd or Mel teams do. Then they lose their derbies.

The bigger teams would more than likely stay up tho?
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
aufc_ole wrote:

Imagine the boost to the brand of the A2-League if a big team did go down? Can't lose.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

aufc_ole wrote:

Not always. Leeds is an example, because not only in the top division but in the second division every team wants to beat them that little extra. It makes it hard to progress.

My team got relegated and spent 5 years in div 2 while there were village teams in the highest league. Last year we had the highest attendance in the whole of Scandinavia.

This would be even more risky in a salary cap league. When you hit that death spiral its pretty hard to snap out of it sometimes, even if you ar a "big" team.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

paladisious wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

Imagine the boost to the brand of the A2-League if a big team did go down? Can't lose.
This is exactly what happened when we played in div 2. It made the league interesting. It is a major benefit for the second league to have a big team trying to come back up.
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

If the Tards went down FFA lose the Melbourne derby, the Big Blue and the Pissants lose their main Rival.

If either Sydney team goes down FFA lose their three biggest matches of the year.

If Perth go down football fans in the west are a thousand miles from the nearest HAL team.

This is not the UK with hundreds of teams a bus ride from each other. We are one of the least densely populated nations on earth, promotion and relegation is a casualty of that.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Crusader wrote:
If the Tards went down FFA lose the Melbourne derby, the Big Blue and the Pissants lose their main Rival.

If either Sydney team goes down FFA lose their three biggest matches of the year.

If Perth go down football fans in the west are a thousand miles from the nearest HAL team.

This is not the UK with hundreds of teams a bus ride from each other. We are one of the least densely populated nations on earth, promotion and relegation is a casualty of that.

The pyramid is upside down

Edited by scott21: 11/3/2016 11:22:58 PM
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

scott21 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

This is exactly what happened when we played in div 2. It made the league interesting. It is a major benefit for the second league to have a big team trying to come back up.

In scotland too with rangers going down to 4th div and hibs and hearts also having spells in 2nd div. It isnt always a bad thing. Been a lot of investment into lower tiers as a result because rangers average is still up.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

TheSelectFew wrote:

In scotland too with rangers going down to 4th div and hibs and hearts also having spells in 2nd div. It isnt always a bad thing. Been a lot of investment into lower tiers as a result because rangers average is still up.

Yep. Some people keep on pointing out Australias landmass as an issue, even though probably all the teams except perhaps QLD would still be in the state capitals. Its more a matter of travel expenses. If the A-League can work, a second division can work. Then eventually put them together. Queensland has shown you run an NPL over a massive distance.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

scott21 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Yep. Some people keep on pointing out Australias landmass as an issue, even though probably all the teams except perhaps QLD would still be in the state capitals. Its more a matter of travel expenses. If the A-League can work, a second division can work. Then eventually put them together. Queensland has shown you run an NPL over a massive distance.

IF Elfsborg show how you get that sponsorship money in.

Some of the teams, even in the first division, have individual sponsors. So basically each individual player has different sponsor on this back above his number.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

scott21 wrote:
scott21 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Some of the teams, even in the first division, have individual sponsors. So basically each individual player has different sponsor on this back above his number.

Thats similar to local footy. It brings in a lot of dollars.

adrtho
adrtho
World Class

Crusader wrote:

this is right

FFA can not take the risk
adrtho
adrtho
World Class

TheSelectFew wrote:
scott21 wrote:
paladisious wrote:
aufc_ole wrote:

Rangers going down, has been great for Scottish football :roll:

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

adrtho wrote:

this is right

meh, Australia will never be able to compete with China or the US. If we continue with a limited amount of clubs all that will happen is as the tv deals get bigger and beigger and the PFA will want more and more money. This will translate into Australian players being overpaid and not having ambition to go overseas. So yeah, we will turn into the MLS just without the big marquee players.

More professional budget clubs are needed.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
scott21 wrote:
scott21 wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Thats similar to local footy. It brings in a lot of dollars.

Not sure if a football kit, or the leaders jersey in the Tour de France... :-s

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

adrtho
adrtho
World Class

scott21 wrote:
adrtho wrote:

this is right

meh, Australia will never be able to compete with China or the US. If we continue with a limited amount of clubs all that will happen is as the tv deals get bigger and beigger and the PFA will want more and more money. This will translate into Australian players being overpaid and not having ambition to go overseas. So yeah, we will turn into the MLS just without the big marquee players.

CSL and MLS will be in top 5 league soon

but the A-League is surpassing
Eredivisie,Superleague Greece, Belgian Pro League, Swiss Super League, Austrian Bundesliga, Czech First League, Romanian Liga I, Allsvenskan, Tippeligaen, Tippeligaen,    Ekstraklasa, Scottish Premiership,    Serbian Superliga, Prva HNL, Süper Lig
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

adrtho wrote:
scott21 wrote:
adrtho wrote:

this is right

CSL and MLS will be in top 5 league soon

but the A-League is surpassing
Eredivisie,Superleague Greece, Belgian Pro League, Swiss Super League, Austrian Bundesliga, Czech First League, Romanian Liga I, Allsvenskan, Tippeligaen, Tippeligaen,    Ekstraklasa, Scottish Premiership,    Serbian Superliga, Prva HNL, Süper Lig

In salarys for Australian players. That is my point.

Edited by scott21: 12/3/2016 06:20:55 AM
Socceroofan4life
Socceroofan4life
Pro

With if the way the national curriculum has been going and if the under 16 Australian side last year is anything to go upon i really do think we will start pumping up some real talent soon.

A Lot of those players will go to China, a lot of them will go to Europe, as long as we produce quite a lot and have good depth we will be fine.

The A-League will be a development league for a while, but if the Socceroos can (and i think they will) produce quality players playing in big leagues and we do well on the international stage the A-League and soccer in general will rise in popularity in Australia. Resulting in more funds, crowds, promotion relegation etc.

I think the future of our National Team and the A-League is bright.

Edited by socceroofan4life: 12/3/2016 06:26:06 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search