The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

The Melbourne Victory Supporters Thread 2.0

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Seeing as the original just got deleted.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Why?
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 12 Dec 2016 2:34 PM
Why?

Ditto
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 12 Dec 2016 2:18 PM
Seeing as the original just got deleted.

-PB

A City fan probably got to it - was jealous of how big it was - so deleted it.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators

walnuts - 12 Dec 2016 2:35 PM
azzaMVFC - 12 Dec 2016 2:34 PM

Ditto

It's because the mods and admins hate Victory... well at least one does :laugh:

Seriously though, it was a mistake and we're trying to get it back.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Iknowbest - 12 Dec 2016 2:37 PM
paulbagzFC - 12 Dec 2016 2:18 PM

A City fan probably got to it - was jealous of how big it was - so deleted it.

Probably annoyed that theirs STILL shows a Heart logo in the Index thread...
Victardy
Victardy
Amateur
Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)Amateur (677 reputation)

mcjules - 12 Dec 2016 3:07 PM

walnuts - 12 Dec 2016 2:35 PM

It's because the mods and admins hate Victory... well at least one does :laugh:

Seriously though, it was a mistake and we're trying to get it back.

How does a mistake like that happen?
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

K.a on one of his powertrips😀😁😂
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Victory getting too big for 442 to handle...
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

How do people think we will line up for the Derby?

I'm liking our recent form, really hoping we dick the win this weekend.

-PB

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 13 Dec 2016 7:31 AM
How do people think we will line up for the Derby?

I'm liking our recent form, really hoping we dick the win this weekend.

-PB

Whilst part of me doesn't want to play around with a winning formula, I think we desperately need some more steel in the middle of the park for the Derby, so I'd go for this:

Thomas
Geria - Ansell/Donachie - Baro - Georgievski
Broxham - Valeri
Rojas/Beister - Troisi - Ben Khalfallah
Berisha

I have a feeling that City will attempt to swarm and overwhelm us again, so having Broxham and Valeri to break up attacks and then distribute to the wings quickly will be invaluable. I've named Ansell and Rojas but I'm not sure what their fitness will be like after missing last week, but think both Donachie and Beister are more than capable replacements.

loki
loki
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

I'd stick with what we played last week with Rojas in if he's fit. Bronx has been excellent in that left back position and overall our backline has looked more cohesive with him there. I don't think throwing Georgievski back in to a first start since injury in a high profile match is wise. Keep with what's working well and throw him a start against CCM in a fortnight.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Can only assume Ingham won't have a case to answer and will be on the bench too.

-PB

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

It's definitely a conundrum. Broxham has been good at LB but we need to negate their midfield. City's play with width and their midfield dominant in possession. Not having a shitkicker in the middle was what got us murdered last time. I think if we play Maco at left back, then switch Valeri to the right to sweep the hole in front of him.

We need to play direct and dirty. Kick their midfield until they can't walk and/or lose the ball and then put it diagonally over the top for Rojas and Beister to chase. FBK has been in good form again but is not the player needed this week.

Viennese Vuck

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
In the first game it looked like we were set up to press them heavily, but it all fell apart as they constantly overloaded both wings and left berisha running from side to side. 

Second game we sat off much deeper and they did not create much, but our 442esque formation meant we couldnt keep the ball well when we got it.

Our combinations have got a lot better since then and having Troisi will be a big boost for us. 

This time around I hope we put much more pressure on Kilkenny and Brattan when they're in the first phase. Rather than them distributing wide, we should be trying to force them to play it to Cahill in midfield where we can put the pressure on him. 

Edited
8 Years Ago by jlm8695
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

jlm8695 - 13 Dec 2016 9:29 AM
In the first game it looked like we were set up to press them heavily, but it all fell apart as they constantly overloaded both wings and left berisha running from side to side. 

Second game we sat off much deeper and they did not create much, but our 442esque formation meant we couldnt keep the ball well when we got it.

Our combinations have got a lot better since then and having Troisi will be a big boost for us. 

This time around I hope we put much more pressure on Kilkenny and Brattan when they're in the first phase. Rather than them distributing wide, we should be trying to force them to play it to Cahill in midfield where we can put the pressure on him. 

Agreed.

Shut down the DMs and Timmy and a lot of that ball play will evaporate.

Can see a red card in this for sure though, Brandan Vs someone, prolly Brox haha.

-PB

walnuts
walnuts
Legend

paulbagzFC - 13 Dec 2016 10:28 AM
jlm8695 - 13 Dec 2016 9:29 AM

Agreed.

Shut down the DMs and Timmy and a lot of that ball play will evaporate.

Can see a red card in this for sure though, Brandan Vs someone, prolly Brox haha.

-PB

As long as Broxham shatters every bone below Brandan's pelvis then I am totally okay with copping the associated red card.
HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
walnuts - 13 Dec 2016 10:48 AM

As long as Broxham shatters every bone below Brandan's pelvis then I am totally okay with copping the associated red card.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

Hutch
Hutch
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

HortoMagiko - 13 Dec 2016 10:53 AM

Well, Broxham is Mr Utility who does the job he is asked.

Take the card and do the league a favour. Get that haircut off the field for the rest of the season with a snapped knee.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

As long as Mahazi shatters every bone below Brandan's pelvis then I am totally okay with copping the associated red card.

Fixed.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

hutchonholiday - 13 Dec 2016 2:17 PM
HortoMagiko - 13 Dec 2016 10:53 AM

Well, Broxham is Mr Utility who does the job he is asked.

Take the card and do the league a favour. Get that haircut off the field for the rest of the season with a snapped knee.

I will buy a customised Broxham Victory shirt if he takes one for the league :laugh:

sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

MrBrisbane - 13 Dec 2016 3:08 PM
hutchonholiday - 13 Dec 2016 2:17 PM

I will buy a customised Broxham Victory shirt if he takes one for the league :laugh:

I think he would be the first in the HAL to be awarded the Green Card if that were to happen
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sanchez - 13 Dec 2016 3:11 PM
MrBrisbane - 13 Dec 2016 3:08 PM

I think he would be the first in the HAL to be awarded the Green Card if that were to happen

I hope if he does get carded the ffa will rescind it on grounds that brandan's haircut should disapper and that he shouldnt try to be an Argentinian  gazza 😀😁😘😃
loki
loki
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

I'm guessing by this point the old thread ain't coming back...

Rojas officially fit for Saturday, no Austin yet which probably means Beister and FBK starting again with Rojas as first sub, unless Ingham gets rewarded for constantly contributing when he gets on the pitch.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Ingham always looks good when he comes on and whips in some juicy crosses, so I'd start him over Beister. Rojas over the both of them obviously - one of the best players in the league on his day.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

433 - 15 Dec 2016 1:37 PM
Ingham always looks good when he comes on and whips in some juicy crosses, so I'd start him over Beister. Rojas over the both of them obviously - one of the best players in the league on his day.

Yep agreed.

I'd have Maxi on for FBK, Ingham on for Rojas.

Oli coming in for Brox (paired in DM with Valeri, with Georgie back into LB).

-PB

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Feeling pretty optimistic for the first time this season. Fingers crossed 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

No Mahazi in the squad for tonight!

Phwaooarrrr

-PB

JonoMV
JonoMV
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

JonoMV - 15 Dec 2016 2:57 PM
Feeling pretty optimistic for the first time this season. Fingers crossed 

:)
sanchez
sanchez
Pro

Gotta love FBK who always has his daughter out on the field with him after the game. Father of the year!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search