The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

The Australian Politics thread: Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

Author
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
rusty - 3 Feb 2017 2:51 PM
JoffaTossa - 3 Feb 2017 2:26 PM

Fake virtue signalling.  You know full well there will never be any "negotiation" over the mass transfer of land (thanks to the righties) , but by lending it your support to this imaginary ideal you get to claim the moral high ground , as well as keeping the land you stole.  If you were serious you would approach the aboriginal land council to begin "negotiations" rather than hiding behind the likes of Pauline to defend your land rights.

Fake virtues!

Nah, its just your garden variety right wing low brow cliche attempt to trip up, thinking you wouldn't get a response. Oh so clever, you are.
The same as your black & white cliche pseudo intellectual statements on the environment such as, "well if you're serious you should go back to living in a cave" or "what is the thing made of that you are typing on right now"
derp, derp, derp

The strength of conservatism is the repression of knowledge

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

JoffaTossa - 3 Feb 2017 3:47 PM
rusty - 3 Feb 2017 2:51 PM

Nah, its just your garden variety right wing low brow cliche attempt to trip up, thinking you wouldn't get a response. Oh so clever, you are.
The same as your black & white cliche pseudo intellectual statements on the environment such as, "well if you're serious you should go back to living in a cave" or "what is the thing made of that you are typing on right now"
derp, derp, derp

I knew you would back down you pathetic pussy. No way you would vacate the land you stole, no fucking way!  But it sure does make you feel all warm and cosy to say things like "oh we stole their land and should give it back. we need to negotiate the right terms though, and until that happens im going to go out feast on more aboriginal land and use their land to get privately wealthy.  but we should give it back though because im so humane shit"

:rolleyes:

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Condemned666 - 3 Feb 2017 1:28 PM
9GABmeme420 - 3 Feb 2017 1:07 PM

Then what did people expect under turnbull?

Gay marriage?
A republic?
Change Australia day?

The first one at the very least.

E

Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

rusty - 3 Feb 2017 5:27 PM

I knew you would back down you pathetic pussy. No way you would vacate the land you stole, no fucking way!  But it sure does make you feel all warm and cosy to say things like "oh we stole their land and should give it back. we need to negotiate the right terms though, and until that happens im going to go out feast on more aboriginal land and use their land to get privately wealthy.  but we should give it back though because im so humane shit"

Same reaction when people say humans are poisoning the earth and should be completely wiped out.  Then please go ahead and start with yourself if you feel that strongly.
JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)Hardcore Fan (251 reputation)

Typical illiterate right winger. No wonder the research shows you people are at the more dumb cnut end of the spectrum.
Misrepresent what is originally said to absolve yourself of having to engage with the complexity of an issue.

JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan

Scotch&Coke - 4 Feb 2017 11:02 AM

Same reaction when people say humans are poisoning the earth and should be completely wiped out.  Then please go ahead and start with yourself if you feel that strongly.

"same as your black & white cliche pseudo intellectual statements....."

- fcuk me. Even after I provide the heads up about being a dumb cnut, you still choose that path

rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

Joffatossa just cant overcome his ultrasimplistic binary categorising of people into smart and dumb based on their political affiliation, then in the next breath claims to be engaged in the "complexity" of issues. Weird..

Obviously hes not a very intelligent person but soothes himself by pretending to be intellectually superior to all right wing people.

He is also backtracking a million miles an hour at his claim that we should give the land back to indigenous. He's now in a state of denial that he ever said such a thing, and is struggling with his moral identity because he knows deep down that he has no intention giving back the land, and that he was merely just paying cheap, tacky lip service to the issue in order to signal his virtues. Virtues are worthless in the absense of action.

Man up Joffatosser, give gack the land you stole. Dont rationalise your inaction by pretending to wait for some mystery negotiation that will never happen, you are in possession of stolen land and its time to give it back NOW rather than making pathetic excuses that preserves your self interest.
JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan

By saying I have to give back land (not sure which land I own) by implication you are admitting you have stolen land too.
Quite the pickle you've got yourself into, isn't it.....?

rusty
rusty
World Class

I dont believe the land was stolen, therefore have no intention of giving back. Its my land, not theirs, I paid for it, i even got a piece of paper that proves its mine. My conscience is clear.

You believe the land is theirs, therefore doenst it follow that you are in possession of stolen land? Wouldnt it then follow that you would to give it back, or at least approach the indigenous land council and try to work something out? Perhaps they will allow you to rent their land, or they may determine that you transfer ownership to them. Or are you just gonna hide behind Pauline and other pollies to defend your property rights and spew fake virtues like " its their land, we stole it, we should give it back... some day... after im dead.."

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 4 Feb 2017 8:54 AM
Condemned666 - 3 Feb 2017 1:28 PM

The first one at the very least.

If we gave you gay marriage, would you be willing to take Jesus as your lord and saviour? 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Bernadi going to break away in the coming days to form his own party, will be very interesting if he takes Georgie C with him as it will upset the balance of power in the lower house.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 6 Feb 2017 9:06 AM
Bernadi going to break away in the coming days to form his own party, will be very interesting if he takes Georgie C with him as it will upset the balance of power in the lower house.

-PB

I'm glad to see this guy break away from the Liberals only because it will give some distance between the Conservative minded Liberals and the Libertarian minded Liberals.

JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan

So, Dumb & Dumber?

JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan

rusty - 4 Feb 2017 6:32 PM
I dont believe the land was stolen, therefore have no intention of giving back. Its my land, not theirs, I paid for it, i even got a piece of paper that proves its mine. My conscience is clear.You believe the land is theirs, therefore doenst it follow that you are in possession of stolen land? Wouldnt it then follow that you would to give it back, or at least approach the indigenous land council and try to work something out? Perhaps they will allow you to rent their land, or they may determine that you transfer ownership to them. Or are you just gonna hide behind Pauline and other pollies to defend your property rights and spew fake virtues like " its their land, we stole it, we should give it back... some day... after im dead.."

Of course the land wasn't stolen, don't want to have to feel guilt.

Just out of interest, what period of time has to pass for land to no longer need be considered 'stolen'?

JoffaTossa
JoffaTossa
Hardcore Fan

Now the the right wingers' beloved Murdoch Newspoll has them trailing 46-54
I wonder if he'll fall on his sword. The longer he leaves it, the harder it will be to win 2019

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Condemned666 - 5 Feb 2017 11:59 AM
9GABmeme420 - 4 Feb 2017 8:54 AM

If we gave you gay marriage, would you be willing to take Jesus as your lord and saviour? 

No as the Australian constitution protects our religious freedoms.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

I hope JoffaTossa's ban is permanent

E

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Bit of a fun survey at the bottom of this article. What's your political persona?
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/liberal-senator-cory-bernardi-to-rock-first-day-of-parliament-by-resigning-from-the-turnbull-government-20170205-gu63qx.html
You'll all be shocked at mine :laugh:

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 6 Feb 2017 12:27 PM
I hope JoffaTossa's ban is permanent

lol what did he do now?

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mcjules - 6 Feb 2017 1:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/WsuMg10.png

No questions on guns, terrible poll.

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 6 Feb 2017 1:20 PM

-PB

Guns aren't a big enough issue here ;) I think it mostly got you though. 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mcjules - 6 Feb 2017 1:35 PM

Guns aren't a big enough issue here ;) I think it mostly got you though. 

Tell that to overhyped media after the Adler fiasco lol.

-PB

Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

-PB

Lavish Mod Con

Hey big spender. Lavish Mod Cons (i.e. moderate conservatives) like to splash out on luxury and enjoy looking good. They're proud of their country and generally satisfied with the status quo, so don't tend to be hugely politically engaged. Wary of change, they lean towards conservatism and are less likely to support climate action or a change to offshore processing of asylum seekers. Focused on their careers and the finer things in life, they differ from Prudent Traditionalists by being less in favour of traditional social values and government intervention.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Condemned666
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Condemned666 - 6 Feb 2017 3:52 PM

Lavish Mod Con

Hey big spender. Lavish Mod Cons (i.e. moderate conservatives) like to splash out on luxury and enjoy looking good. They're proud of their country and generally satisfied with the status quo, so don't tend to be hugely politically engaged. Wary of change, they lean towards conservatism and are less likely to support climate action or a change to offshore processing of asylum seekers. Focused on their careers and the finer things in life, they differ from Prudent Traditionalists by being less in favour of traditional social values and government intervention.

I got ambitious saver.

I get the feeling that this poll is really dictated by answers to 2 or 3 questions and they're selling answers for $$$ for the rest :laugh: 

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

BETHFC - 6 Feb 2017 4:01 PM
Condemned666 - 6 Feb 2017 3:52 PM

I got ambitious saver.

I get the feeling that this poll is really dictated by answers to 2 or 3 questions and they're selling answers for $$$ for the rest :laugh: 

That's not a terrible match for you 3 out of 4 ain't bad :laugh:

Aljay
Aljay
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

More academics trying to make a buck by selling market segmentation to advertisers 😜
rusty
rusty
World Class

I got lavish mod con. I noticed the activist egalitarian looks like a dishevelled, unemployed transvesite. Pretty accurate imo.
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro

paulbagzFC - 6 Feb 2017 1:12 PM
9GABmeme420 - 6 Feb 2017 12:27 PM

lol what did he do now?

-PB

Idk but idc

E

Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

The persona you most resemble is:

http://ddj.theage.com.au/interactive/2017/personas/personas/y1b_save.png

Ambitious Saver

Focused on the future, Ambitious Savers are going places. They watch their spending, value financial security and like life to be organised and predictable. Career-minded strivers, Ambitious Savers are positive about the future and tend to be less concerned with hot-button social or political topics. They generally favour free trade and more likely to support individual freedoms over big government.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

-PB

Got same as you PB
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search