World Politics/Global Events

World Politics/Global Events

Author
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
mcjules - 10 Feb 2017 5:24 PM
Munrubenmuz - 10 Feb 2017 3:49 PM

Fielding was a Victorian senator, we have enough kooks without claiming anymore :laugh:

Weatherill is always amusing especially with him pointing the finger elsewhere about the State's Energy security.

Really funny. 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
mouflonrouge - 10 Feb 2017 7:27 PM
mcjules - 10 Feb 2017 5:24 PM

Weatherill is always amusing especially with him pointing the finger elsewhere about the State's Energy security.

Really funny. 

I found it amusing that NSW had load shedding today despite having fuck all renewables.

Really really funny.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I find it hard really funny how you said NSW has hardly no renewables and that they haven't been closing down base load.

Hilarious as a matter of fact.

There is nothing like making an energy policy on the fly without adequate base load.

What is even more funny is how businesses in ADL are installing there own generators. Businesses like the Australian Submarine Corporation.

But what takes the cake as far as funny is concerned is the fact that you are paying 40% more per kWh. Making it the most expensive power in the country and probably the world.

Hilarious!
Edited
7 Years Ago by mouflonrouge
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 10 Feb 2017 11:24 PM
I find it hard really funny how you said NSW has hardly no renewables and that they haven't been closing down base load.

Hilarious as a matter of fact.

There is nothing like making an energy policy on the fly without adequate base load.

What is even more funny is how businesses in ADL are installing there own generators. Businesses like the Australian Submarine Corporation.

But what takes the cake as far as funny is concerned is the fact that you are paying 40% more per kWh. Making it the most expensive power in the country and probably the world.

Hilarious!

I find it hilarious that you think that having hardly no renewables as "hard really funny"

I also find it hysterical that you start with an axiom that is clearly false and then spout a bunch of facts that have little to do with it.

Sadly the Lib/Nats in WA are going to lose the next election (probably in a landslide) so you won't get to experience the free market utopia we have over here. My heart is shattered for you.

Anyway this is the world politics thread, I can think of at least 3 other threads that would be more appropriate for this discussion.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

What is false? That SA has no energy security? Is that false?

Is it false that SA went completely dark a couple of months ago? Was it really due to the weather? Then why doesn't Darwin or the NT go dark?

You make a big assumption to assume that I am a Liberal Supporter. A government that has had a reasonable innings btw.

As opposed to a Government in SA which can't keep the lights on and will still win the next State Election.

SA has given the country one good thing though - Corey Bernardi. The only politician worth their lunch of salt.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class

mouflonrouge - 11 Feb 2017 1:46 AM
What is false? That SA has no energy security? Is that false? Is it false that SA went completely dark a couple of months ago? Was it really due to the weather? Then why doesn't Darwin or the NT go dark? You make a big assumption to assume that I am a Liberal Supporter. A government that has had a reasonable innings btw. As opposed to a Government in SA which can't keep the lights on and will still win the next State Election. SA has given the country one good thing though - Corey Bernardi. The only politician worth their lunch of salt.

Because you can't take a hint
http://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost2485289.aspx

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

mcjules - 11 Feb 2017 3:16 PM
mouflonrouge - 11 Feb 2017 1:46 AM

Because you can't take a hint
http://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost2485289.aspx

I use to live in Darwin and let me tell you there is no way Adelaide gets worse storms than Darwin but yet they always manage to keep the lights on, often after cyclones too which I saw for myself back in 2001 with a CAT2. 

Anyway, NSW didn't have any power shedding yesterday or today. 

Edited
Condemned666
Condemned666
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

Seaworld had some of the leftist rent a crowd go in today

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/sea-world-dolphin-show-sabotaged-by-justice-for-captives-animal-activists-20170211-guanq5.html

If this was on the street people would have simply walked past them, but for being an annoyance at seaworld, you get the finger!

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 10 Feb 2017 4:45 PM
BETHFC - 10 Feb 2017 4:37 PM

That is only what the media is feeding with their 10 second grabs.

You need to look at the full context of what he actually stated when he used an extreme argument. 

Just the other day, I saw a very feasible explanation of his reasoning behind the bestiality comment which he say's was taken out of context. 

Likening legalizing homosexuality to legalizing beastiality is an entirely pathetic argument. 

People who even try and make the argument should serve 1 year in prison. 
HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

9GABmeme420 - 10 Feb 2017 12:01 PM
HortoMagiko - 10 Feb 2017 7:12 AM

You said Australopithecus vs neanderthal before you (probably) googled that Homo neanderthalus was miles ahead of Australopithecus (which is not a species, but a genus). Shit metaphor because you tried to sound smart, but failed.

Hahaha. Im trying to sound smart? Fucking nerd. We get it. You study biology. Youre proud of yourself. You come from a long line of retarded farm peasants...and you were too dumb to do medicine...but just smart enough to dissect rats and gloat on the internet that you actually made it to uni.

My metaphor makes sense to the average person who doesnt jerk off over darwin when they should be out dating girls. Species or genus my point is still valid. Two primitive unevolved beings. Both neanderthal  and australopithecus = No Shakespeare. No beethoven. No messi. Neither the nsl or the hal could be considered on par with top leagues in the world and neither display all the characteristics of a truly evolved league. Youre retarded if you dont see this point. 

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

BETHFC - 10 Feb 2017 3:06 PM

Burn :laugh:

Like you even knew that neanderthal was a species... or genus... i dont even remember now.. but im sure you do and utilise that fact in your daily activities. Again, look at the point im making and argue that. I know you like to think you arent a leftist commie retard but you display all the traits. Delusional snowflake that defelcts and spouts baseless garbage 24-7. 

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

HortoMagiko - 12 Feb 2017 8:18 AM
BETHFC - 10 Feb 2017 3:06 PM

Like you even knew that neanderthal was a species... or genus... i dont even remember now.. but im sure you do and utilise that fact in your daily activities. Again, look at the point im making and argue that. I know you like to think you arent a leftist commie retard but you display all the traits. Delusional snowflake that defelcts and spouts baseless garbage 24-7. 

Haha still paraphrasing snowflake? 

try again princess. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

HortoMagiko - 12 Feb 2017 8:10 AM

Hahaha. Im trying to sound smart? Fucking nerd. We get it. You study biology. Youre proud of yourself. You come from a long line of retarded farm peasants...and you were too dumb to do medicine...but just smart enough to dissect rats and gloat on the internet that you actually made it to uni.

My metaphor makes sense to the average person who doesnt jerk off over darwin when they should be out dating girls. Species or genus my point is still valid. Two primitive unevolved beings. Both neanderthal  and australopithecus = No Shakespeare. No beethoven. No messi. Neither the nsl or the hal could be considered on par with top leagues in the world and neither display all the characteristics of a truly evolved league. Youre retarded if you dont see this point. 

Nothing like a good personal attack because you we wrong. Take it on the chin snowflake. 
Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

BETHFC - 12 Feb 2017 2:14 PM

Nothing like a good personal attack because you we wrong. Take it on the chin snowflake. 

He can't see the irony in his posts. 

E

HortoMagiko
HortoMagiko
Pro

9GABmeme420 - 12 Feb 2017 2:55 PM

He can't see the irony in his posts. 

Ange Postecoglou

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 11 Feb 2017 9:17 PM
mouflonrouge - 10 Feb 2017 4:45 PM

Likening legalizing homosexuality to legalizing beastiality is an entirely pathetic argument. 

People who even try and make the argument should serve 1 year in prison. 

The point he was making is that as time goes by, other paraphilia sex fetishes will become more accepted as they add another letter to LGBTI - not even sure if i am up to date and have all the letters anymore. 

He used an extreme position to make the point is just about it. 
Edited
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 1:46 PM
BETHFC - 11 Feb 2017 9:17 PM

The point he was making is that as time goes by, other paraphilia sex fetishes will become more accepted as they add another letter to LGBTI - not even sure if i am up to date and have all the letters anymore. 

He used an extreme position to make the point is just about it. 

That's an invalid point. Likening the actions of two consenting adults to a human-animal relationship is offensive. People like this should be likened to Nazi sympathizers.

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

HortoMagiko - 13 Feb 2017 1:24 PM

9GABmeme420 - 12 Feb 2017 2:55 PM

E

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 2:41 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 1:46 PM

That's an invalid point. Likening the actions of two consenting adults to a human-animal relationship is offensive. People like this should be likened to Nazi sympathizers.

No he only used the bestiality example to drive the point that it would lead to other paraphilia (pedophilia and incest) and he wasn't referring to just Same sex marriage either. It's actually quite valid but he shouldn't have used the word bestiality. he never meant it literally. 

he was likening it to pedophilia, which I do believe myself. 

his policy isn't as extreme as many people like to portray. for instance, he opposes Same sex marriage and there are valid reasons why he has this position, but few people know that he doesn't oppose same sex civil unions. 

The comparison to Nazism is just shear hyperbola
Edited
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 4:15 PM
BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 2:41 PM

No he only used the bestiality example to drive the point that it would lead to other paraphilia and he wasn't referring to just Same sex marriage either. It's actually quite valid but he shouldn't have used the word bestiality. he never meant it literally. 

he was likening it to pedophilia, which I do believe myself. 

his policy isn't as extreme as many people like to portray. for instance, he opposes Same sex marriage and there are valid reasons why he has this position, but few people know that he doesn't oppose same sex civil unions. 

The comparison to Nazism is just shear hyperbola

Incorrect. Two consenting adults is different to every other example you've come up with.

There is an incredible difference between the decision making of two consenting adults and an adult and a child. How can people still argue this?

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 4:17 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 4:15 PM

Incorrect. Two consenting adults is different to every other example you've come up with.

There is an incredible difference between the decision making of two consenting adults and an adult and a child. How can people still argue this?

No one has any issue with 2 consenting adults and neither does he. 

His policy mainly revolves around Same Sex Marriage Vs Same Sex Civil Unions - a very reasonable policy position. 

he also has well known policy positions on things like Safe Schools and the indoctrination of children and their exposure to same sex, intersex, transgender, and intersex issues. I also agree with that. 

No one wants to obstruct 2 consenting adults going for it or having a legally binding civil union or infringe their ability to get financial assistance from social Security, the medical and counselling assistance they may or may not need, or with having laws which protect them from discrimination and violence. 
Edited
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 4:23 PM
BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 4:17 PM

No one has any issue with 2 consenting adults and neither does he. 

His policy mainly revolves around Same Sex Marriage Vs Same Sex Civil Unions - a very reasonable policy position. 

he also has well known policy positions on things like Safe Schools and the indoctrination of children and their exposure to same sex, intersex, transgender, and intersex issues. I also agree with that. 

No one wants to obstruct 2 consenting adults going for it or having a legally binding civil union or infringe their ability to get financial assistance from social Security, the medical and counselling assistance they may or may not need, or with having laws which protect them from discrimination and violence. 

Why does God own marriage that existed before Christianity?

Indoctrination of children? Why doesn't he also have an issue with religious indoctrination of children? I.E kids being forced by parents to go to a religious school and be taught about God. Hypocrisy.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 4:50 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 4:23 PM

Why does God own marriage that existed before Christianity?

Indoctrination of children? Why doesn't he also have an issue with religious indoctrination of children? I.E kids being forced by parents to go to a religious school and be taught about God. Hypocrisy.

Unfortunately, there are legal issues involved, as well as ethical and moral issues which actually have the potential to impinge on religions, and that is a dangerous situation because some church's will never allow Same sex marriage under any circumstances. 

It's the same as the bakery debate we had earlier.

You can't force these things upon organisations which just won't accept Same Sex Marriage. 

religion is an age old right and it should be left up to the parents to decide what their children are exposed to, and if that means religion then so be it. Children, as they get older and more mature, will always make up their own mind on matters relating to God, but whatever they decide, they actually do get something which is very important in their upbringing such as the values and morals they will attain inmho. 

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 5:02 PM
BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 4:50 PM

Unfortunately, there are legal issues involved, as well as ethical and moral issues which actually have the potential to impinge on religions, and that is a dangerous situation because some church's will never allow Same sex marriage under any circumstances. 

It's the same as the bakery debate we had earlier.

You can't force these things upon organisations which just won't accept Same Sex Marriage. 

religion is an age old right and it should be left up to the parents to decide what their children are exposed to, and if that means religion then so be it. Children, as they get older and more mature, will always make up their own mind on matters relating to God, but whatever they decide, they actually do get something which is very important in their upbringing such as the values and morals they will attain inmho. 

I strongly disagree.

I resent the implication that Same Sex Marriage and Safe Schools is in any way more harmful than the barbaric and factually inaccurate teachings of an ancient text with little relevance to society today. Why not teach scientology? It's only a crazy religion because Christianity is more popular. The concepts are no less faith based. There's no difference between the implications of Christianity, Islam, Scientology etc.

Parents should not have the right to indoctrinate their children with religion. It leaves children either ignorant (rejecting information that doesn't agree with the biblical teachings) or confused (trying to pick between God and teaching). I was taught god at school. I was taught that Noah's flood actually happened. It took me a long time to let go of what I was taught. I can't be the only one who had issues here, all because of the influence of religion in a public education system.

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 5:12 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 5:02 PM

I strongly disagree.

I resent the implication that Same Sex Marriage and Safe Schools is in any way more harmful than the barbaric and factually inaccurate teachings of an ancient text with little relevance to society today. Why not teach scientology? It's only a crazy religion because Christianity is more popular. The concepts are no less faith based. There's no difference between the implications of Christianity, Islam, Scientology etc.

Parents should not have the right to indoctrinate their children with religion. It leaves children either ignorant (rejecting information that doesn't agree with the biblical teachings) or confused (trying to pick between God and teaching). I was taught god at school. I was taught that Noah's flood actually happened. It took me a long time to let go of what I was taught. I can't be the only one who had issues here, all because of the influence of religion in a public education system.

Well it's extremely offensive to be so flippant and have such blatant disregard for the beliefs of millions of people, which is as relevant today as it ever was even if you're a non-believer. do you also disregard Shakespeare, Ancient roman and Greek Philosophy and so on?

Once again, I don't have a problem with Scientology, nor Islam. I actually find Islamic verses very inspiring, soothing and calming. I got exposed to it in the Middle east and I love the culture and food as well and the people. I really do. I don't have any issues with my other fellow humans either, regardless of their sexuality or beliefs. Scientology is a bit of an extreme religion though but its not my position to judge because in reality the only thing I know about Scientology is from a documentary I once saw and thinking it was quite creepy and worrying. 

All religions have a lot in common. most Abrahamic religions have more similarities than they do differences. 

I don't think this is a decision for the government to make. Indoctrination at school on matters of sexuality or politics isn't really something the government should get involved with. They have removed Christmas and Easter from the curricula or changed it to more neutral language. Parents, who can afford to at least, can take their children to private Schools which is what I am doing but I feel sorry those that don't have the financial means. 

Spiritual and moral upbringing is the responsibility of the parents not the Government. 
Edited
rusty
rusty
World Class
World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)World Class (6.2K reputation)

It's a free world BethFC.  Your assertion that the bible is factually inaccurate with little relevance etc is just your opinion.  Your assertion that it leaves children ignorant and confused it just your opinion and cannot be extrapolated for every child that experiences religious teaching.  People need to stop being omniparents and deciding they know what's best for everybody elses children.  Can you imagine if some stranger came up to you and started lecturing you on how you should raise your family and what values you should teach them?  Poeple need to mind their own beeswax and let PARENTS parent their children.

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

rusty - 13 Feb 2017 5:47 PM
It's a free world BethFC.  Your assertion that the bible is factually inaccurate with little relevance etc is just your opinion.  Your assertion that it leaves children ignorant and confused it just your opinion and cannot be extrapolated for every child that experiences religious teaching.  People need to stop being omniparents and deciding they know what's best for everybody elses children.  Can you imagine if some stranger came up to you and started lecturing you on how you should raise your family and what values you should teach them?  Poeple need to mind their own beeswax and let PARENTS parent their children.

It is a free world which means Safe Schools is perfectly valid and no amount of homophobia should diminish its relevance. The points i'm trying to raise is that Bernardi argues Safe Schools is indoctrination when the same could be said of all religious teachings. I could bash religion all day but all people do is whinge about their delicate beliefs being attacked.

My experience is my experience. But teaching a kid the earth is 6000 years old when it's not is not acceptable and is based on the genealogy of some dude and his family. No wonder critical thinking is a dying art.  

I disagree with allowing parents to do what they want. That's like saying parents have a right to not vaccinate their children. It's all fun and games until the kid dies. By your reasoning parents should be allowed to raise terrorists. They're allowed to teach their kids to hate the west right?

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 6:02 PM
rusty - 13 Feb 2017 5:47 PM

It is a free world which means Safe Schools is perfectly valid and no amount of homophobia should diminish its relevance. The points i'm trying to raise is that Bernardi argues Safe Schools is indoctrination when the same could be said of all religious teachings. I could bash religion all day but all people do is whinge about their delicate beliefs being attacked.

My experience is my experience. But teaching a kid the earth is 6000 years old when it's not is not acceptable and is based on the genealogy of some dude and his family. No wonder critical thinking is a dying art.  

I disagree with allowing parents to do what they want. That's like saying parents have a right to not vaccinate their children. It's all fun and games until the kid dies. By your reasoning parents should be allowed to raise terrorists. They're allowed to teach their kids to hate the west right?

It's not the same thing.

Safe Schools is just something most parents wouldn't want their children exposed to because it's extremely confusing and I don't like the idea of role play. Every parent should have the opt out option from such teachings.

now if the stated objective is in fact to prevent and stop bullying and harassment as well as discrimination, i don't think there are many parents which can disagree with this. All these things is what we should strive for as well as protect children who are different in some way whether it is a disability, a learning difficulty, their looks, colour of skin, gender and even gender issues. Just introduce a policy and also ways to reprimand bad behavior and stop assuming we are all incapable of doing the right thing. But in all honesty, how can you expect a child to categorically know their sexuality at an early age or even comprehend these advance concepts and introduce it to them? That's wrong! it also might spark a curiosity which I just can't accept. just trying gay sex "because you never know unless you try" type of scenario. That's indoctrination. 

religion however is quite something else. It's a spiritual thing and a very important aspect of some people's lives. You can't for instance accuse a catholic, a Muslim or a Jew of indoctrination for following and observing something which is very natural to them and which touches them from generation to generation. 

Edited
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 6:10 PM
BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 6:02 PM

It's not the same thing.

Safe Schools is just something most parents wouldn't want their children exposed to because it's extremely confusing and I don't like the idea of role play. Every parent should have the opt out option from such teachings.

now if the stated objective is in fact to prevent and stop bullying and harassment as well as discrimination, i don't think there are many parents which can disagree with this. All these things is what we should strive for as well as protect children who are different in some way whether it is a disability, a learning difficulty, their looks, colour of skin, gender and even gender issues. Just introduce a policy and also ways to reprimand bad behavior and stop assuming we are all incapable of doing the right thing. But in all honesty, how can you expect a child to categorically know their sexuality at an early age or even comprehend these advance concepts and introduce it to them? That's wrong! it also might spark a curiosity which I just can't accept. 

religion however is quote something else. It's a spiritual thing and a very important aspect of some people's lives. You can't for instance accuse a catholic, a Muslim or a Jew of indoctrination for following and observing something which is very natural to them and which touches them.

It amuses me how there are different metrics associated with assessing the affects/relevance of religion. It astounds me.

Religion is a thing a growing amount of parents do not want their kids being taught. Religion can be equally as confusing. If you cannot accept that then this discussion is pointless. How can you categorically expect the child to be able to differentiate between what is literal and what is metaphorical? Most adults can't even do that.

They've been trying to stop bullying forever with unsuccessful programs. Kids are assholes. Kids judge people who are different because their parents do the same. Their parents were taught that gay people are un natural etc.

When it comes to religion, no one cares what touches you. Put your beliefs into a public forum/conversation and you have to accept the criticism you receive. You do not get a free pass in life because of your God.

Edited
7 Years Ago by BETHFC
mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro

BETHFC - 13 Feb 2017 6:19 PM
mouflonrouge - 13 Feb 2017 6:10 PM

It amuses me how there are different metrics associated with assessing the affects/relevance of religion. It astounds me.

Religion is a thing a growing amount of parents do not want their kids being taught. Religion can be equally as confusing. If you cannot accept that then this discussion is pointless. How can you categorically expect the child to be able to differentiate between what is literal and what is metaphorical? Most adults can't even do that.

They've been trying to stop bullying forever with unsuccessful programs. Kids are assholes. Kids judge people who are different because their parents do the same. Their parents were taught that gay people are un natural etc.

When it comes to religion, no one cares what touches you. Put your beliefs into a public forum/conversation and you have to accept the criticism you receive. You do not get a free pass in life because of your God.

It shouldn't amuse you at all just because you are a non-believer. you see, on the other side of the fence, believers may be astounded that some are so resolute without even questioning and looking into things and it's also quite amusing how the most boisterous critics are also the most ignorant. 

Religiosity depends on your background. Among some cultures, religiosity is actually as high as 98% That is a fact you will need to remember and respect. What you are saying about people abandoning religion is something you would like to believe. the actual fact is that most people waiver at different stages of their life. Even the most religious of people, has had the seeds of doubt and many still do right now, but they are still open to the teachings, the observances, the camaraderie, and the moral and ethical codes. some people need to go on a pilgrimage to the holy land and others just find it as natural as breathing air. Everyone is different. 

Well then, if we are unsuccessful at abolishing bullying, then the homosexuals, and Transgender and Intersex people should perhaps try and walk into one of our church's because there they will not be judged, discriminated against or teased but they will be welcomed as an equal and no ideology and scripture or religious beliefs will ever be rammed down their throat either. 

that say's a lot I would say. that perhaps some religions are not the zealots, or judgmental beings that they are portrayed as. 

I didn't put any beliefs on a forum. it's something i like to keep to myself as private. nor am I trying to convince you or anyone else. I am just trying to help you be more open and a nicer person. when you accept individuals and acknowledge their equal rights to their observances it is you who will grow. 

telling religious people that their beliefs are irrelevant today as if to denote some perceived higher intelligence which you must think you have, or another superiority complex isn't going to work for you and you will also be poorer for it and also less informed as well. 
Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search