The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

The Practice Relegation Battle Thread

Author
And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
bigpoppa - 21 May 2017 1:32 AM
Well done Timmy. 88th min winners. I'll be in contact in the morning to honour our deal.

You're a Gentlemen Sir,

A dozen of the humorless finest acquired

I promise to enjoy Responsibly

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
This thread DELIVERED
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

No worries Timmy! I was brought up if you make a deal, honour it! Enjoy!

Just the away leg to conquer now for Wolfsburg, jobs half done!
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Does a drawn aggregrate go straight to penalties or away goals rule first?

Wolfsburg beat Eintracht Braunschweig 1-0 in the first leg of the Bundesliga relegation play-off on Thursday,

Wolfsburg were awarded a penalty in controversial circumstances after 33 minutes, referee Sascha Stegemann giving the spot-kick for a handball on the edge of the box by Gustav Valsvik. 

Gomez appeared to have handled the ball in the build-up but the striker stepped up to convert the penalty, sending goalkeeper Jasmin Fejzic the wrong way from 12 yards.

Edited
7 Years Ago by View from the fence
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

@timmy

Looking at previous relegation playoff history on wiki it looks like it's away goals followed by extra time and pens in that order if all locked up.
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Tempted to pull an all nighter tonight.

Championship playoff at midnight and then Bundesliga playoff at 4.30am.

World Class

It is advantage Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga's relegation/promotion play-off, but Eintracht Braunschweig enjoy home advantage for the second leg on Monday night (kick-off 20:30CEST/18:30GMT) and will be looking to turn the tables on their local rivals to earn a place in the top flight next season.

Mario Gomez's penalty was the only difference between the two sides on Thursday night, leaving all to play for at the Eintracht-Stadion with a place in the Bundesliga at stake in the final 90 minutes or so of the 2016/17 season.

Watch: Wolfsburg 1-0 Braunschweig - highlights.
http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/eintracht-braunschweig-wolfsburg-bundesliga-promotion-relegation-play-off-second-leg-report-team-news-stats-445471.jsp

Braunschweig need to overturn a one-goal deficit from the first leg to oust Wolfsburg from the Bundesliga, and they will be counting on a full house at the Eintracht-Stadion to help urge them on to victory. A 1-0 win would force extra-time while if Wolfsburg score but lose by one goal, they will stay up on the away goals' rule. A two-goal win for Braunschweig would take them up.

Wolfsburg's Paul-Georges Ntep picked up a thigh strain in the first leg which has ruled him out of the return fixture, but holding midfielder Josuha Guilavogui is in contention after injury.

Edited
7 Years Ago by View from the fence
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Wolfsburg with a beauty just after half time

Wolfsburg up 2-0 on agg. With 1 away goal.

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

We are staying up!!
World Class

Angry Braunschweig fans stormed the pitch at full-time after their team were defeated
Angry Braunschweig fans stormed the pitch at full-time after their team were defeated

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4553340/Wolfsburg-seal-Bundesliga-status-Braunschweig-fans-riot.html#ixzz4iWISZ3th 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

What a thread
pv4
pv4
Legend

I'm rolling on in this thread, let's keep it alive and we will restart it later in the season. 

I just saw this news outta the Hamburglars camp and I couldn't help but share it :lol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/260738/hamburg-nicolai-muller-ruled-out-for-seven-months-after-rupturing-knee-ligament-while-celebrating-goal-photo-video.html

World Class

pv4 - 21 Aug 2017 9:12 AM
I'm rolling on in this thread, let's keep it alive and we will restart it later in the season. 

I just saw this news outta the Hamburglars camp and I couldn't help but share it :lol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/260738/hamburg-nicolai-muller-ruled-out-for-seven-months-after-rupturing-knee-ligament-while-celebrating-goal-photo-video.html

They have a history of hurting themselves

http://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost2517456.aspx

Kinky Krauts

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Super computer says Sheffield Wednesday will finish above Sheffield United in Championship - but both sides will miss promotion

Sheffield United will claim 12th spot with Sheffield Wednesday in 10th.
Sheffield United will claim 12th spot with Sheffield Wednesday in 10th.
HAVE YOUR SAY

Sheffield Wednesday will finish above Sheffield United in the Championship this season - but both sides will miss out on promotion, according to a so-called super computer.

The Owls, who are currently perched in 16th place, will finish the 2017-18 campaign in tenth while the Blades, currently sitting pretty in a play-off spot in fifth place will end the season two places behind their Steel City rivals in 12th.

That's the verdict of broadcaster talkSPORT which tasked its "famous" Super Computer to come up with its predictions for the end of season standings.

And while Blades fans might be happy with a mid-table finish after last season's League One title joy, the results are likely to come as a shock to Owls fans who have watched Wednesday compete in the play-offs for the last two seasons.

A spokesman for talkSPORT said: "Just for fun, we have put the famous talkSPORT Super Computer to work to predict the full Championship table.

"Of course, no one knows for sure how the final table will look, particularly in the ultra-competitive world of the Football League's top division, but it's entertaining to discuss and debate."

The computer reckoned Wolverhampton Wanderers will top the table at the end of the season, with Hull City clinching the second automatic promotion spot.

Cardiff City, Leeds United, Middlesbrough and Fulham can all look forward to the play-offs while relegation misery beckons for Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers and Burton Albion.

The Championship's other South Yorkshire side, Barnsley, will just avoid the drop - finishing in 20th place, according to the findings. You can see the full, final table below.

The latest study comes after a university professor failed to correctly forecast the Blades' League One title joy last season.

Back in January, Ian McHale, professor of sports analytics at the University of Salford, tasked a special computer with predicting the final football league tables at the end of the season.

And back then, it was bad news for Blades fans, with United predicted to slip off the top spot into third and left contesting the dreaded play-offs.

However, the reality proved to be quite different with the Blades topping the table with 100 points and securing the League One title with games to spare.

The professor's computer - dubbed SAM - actually reckoned the Blades would accumulate just 83 points and finish behind winners S   - oops, I just ate my own poop...horpe United and runners-up Bolton Wanderers.

The computer was given the task of predicting the correct result of every match from January until the season's end - and when the results were revealed, many Blades fans were left fuming at their side's predicted demise from top spot.

The computer also predicted Sheffield Wednesday would finish fourth and make the Championship play-offs - a prediction which proved accurate - although of course, Wednesday missed out on promotion to the Premier League for the second season in a row.

talkSPORT Super Computer Championship Final Table 2017-18

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers

2. Hull City

------------------------------------------

3. Cardiff City

4. Leeds United

5. Middlesbrough

6. Fulham

-------------------------------------------

7. Ipswich Town

8. Reading

9. Preston North End

10. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

11. Aston Villa

12. SHEFFIELD UNITED

13. Norwich City

14. Derby County

15. Sunderland

16. Nottingham Forest

17. Brentford

18. QPR

19. Bristol City

20. Barnsley

21. Millwall

-------------------------------------------

22. Birmingham City

23. Bolton Wanderers

24. Burton Albion

Super computer says Sheffield Wednesday will finish above Sheffield United in Championship - but both sides will miss promotion - The Star

pv4
pv4
Legend

Alright, we're doing this again!

Current Bundesliga ladder:

I will again singlehandedly save Werder's season. 

Whom do yall got? 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

pv4 - 31 Jan 2018 9:16 AM

Whom do yall got? 

Best I go the Hamburglers again, they won me beer.

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

You've gone a bit earlier than last year but it  looks like the Championship could be the best English action again, so I'll do that again.

17 games to go

Timmys not safe yet!  Not sure who I want yet so I leave others to take a favorite first

If someone wants to do the French Ligue 1, that's shaping up well, but maybe leave it a month, all but top 6 might drop

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
pv4
pv4
Legend

I'll take Bolton in the Championship.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Whom do yall got? 

I'll support Koln ... remember many years ago they were my go to team for FIFA Career Mode.
Edited
6 Years Ago by sokorny
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I'll support Hull in the Championship ... see the "super computer" tipped them for automatic promotion this year (post above) ... how wrong they were (looks like they got Wolves right).
sokorny
sokorny
Pro

How about the EPL?? Only 11 points separates 9th from 20th. 8 teams within 6 points of last. Two Aussies involved in the dog fight too.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

sokorny - 1 Feb 2018 11:45 AM
I'll support Hull in the Championship ... see the "super computer" tipped them for automatic promotion this year (post above) ... how wrong they were (looks like they got Wolves right).

sokorny - 1 Feb 2018 11:44 AM

I'll support Koln ... remember many years ago they were my go to team for FIFA Career Mode.

Image result for Technology song animated gif napoleon dynamite

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

sokorny - 1 Feb 2018 11:50 AM
How about the EPL?? Only 11 points separates 9th from 20th. 8 teams within 6 points of last. Two Aussies involved in the dog fight too.

Yep agree, but I'd also give that a month and have another look, like the French Ligue 1

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

Whom do yall got? 

Hamburg will stay up, they always do!

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

BETHFC - 1 Feb 2018 1:32 PM

Hamburg will stay up, they always do!

Dammit, beat me to it, i'll take Stuttgart.

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

I had such great fun watching Burton's amazing effort last year I'm going with them (ignore the GD)
They got 2 away at Villa but alas it wasn't enough

Bolton got a win and jumped out of the drop, and dropped Hull in

Keep an eye out for Leeds, plummetting to 10th, haven't won since Boxing day, flicked from the FA cup by Newport and just sacked yet another Manager.

Anyone want Sunderland ?

Edited
pv4
pv4
Legend

Buggalugs 2.0 - 5 Feb 2018 4:29 PM

The #pv4effect has already started working wonders!
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

I had such great fun watching Burton's amazing effort last year I'm going with them (ignore the GD)
They got 2 away at Villa but alas it wasn't enough

Keep an eye out for Leeds, plummetting to 10th, haven't won since Boxing day, flicked from the FA cup by Newport and just sacked yet another Manager.

Anyone want Sunderland ?

I'll take Sunderland
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

aufc_ole - 6 Feb 2018 6:05 PM

I'll take Sunderland

Good choice, never a dull moment 

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

aufc_ole - 6 Feb 2018 6:05 PM

I'll take Sunderland

No '6 pointers' this weekend but the bottom 3 are all playing away.

So Barnsley and Bolton (both at home) need to try and make it count

Birmingham have the Villa Park Derby in the Main Game this weekend

Anyone want Barnsley or Birmingham ?

Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search