National second division is kicking off with or without FFA

National second division is kicking off with or without FFA

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
aussieshorter - 1 Nov 2017 10:13 AM
Roberts1 - 1 Nov 2017 10:04 AM

Am I an NSL bitter if I support a 2nd Div and pro/rel, but never went to a single NSL game?

Robot just brokedown.

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 1 Nov 2017 10:20 AM
This thread is full of posters who are members/supporters/affiliated with NPL clubs. Of course they are for "The Sweatshop". Me, as a Victory member, I'd like to see a second division of fully professional clubs, and eventually pro/rel, but I'm extremely wary of the plastic mono-ethnic social clubs (pretending to be football clubs), given their history of holding the game back, their cash grab from juniors, their poor administration and also the current poorly put together AAFC proposal.

I was going to say if the HAL clubs payed transfer fees, the cash grab for the NPL might not be as high? but then I remembered they all just play pass the parcel with the current players hence why the need for this Championship is so high.

As a Tasmanian who am I too support outside of my NPL?
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 1 Nov 2017 10:20 AM
aussieshorter - 1 Nov 2017 10:13 AM

Robot just brokedown.

Overloaded switching between the three accounts.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

bigpoppa - 1 Nov 2017 10:25 AM
TheSelectFew - 1 Nov 2017 10:20 AM

Overloaded switching between the three accounts.

Random CAPITALIZATION and use of bitters!!!! not a give away? Poor Pauly.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

AJF - 1 Nov 2017 9:58 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 9:44 AM

I know you are panicking because your plastic monopoly is coming to an end and you know the foreign pensioners just wont be able to keep up with the young aussie kids in the 2nd div. The facts hurt and you dont know where to turn so you are just lashing out. It's OK, you may become a HAL bitter for while but you will get over it.

ps who did you think went to the Knights games when they were in the NSL, the Bentleigh Greeks (sorry mean Greens) supporters? 

I don't actually care about the second division.  The only issue is that it doesn't cause the financial collapse of the only fully pro league this country has ever had.

Most people here are delusional about how popular as a spectator sport football is in this country-like the ones who thought commercial FTA would do the trick.  There is little public demand for a second national league, and the demand for A_league waxes and wanes depending on the fortunes of Melbourne Victory or the star player factor.  It is what it is.
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

This thread is full of posters who are members/supporters/affiliated with NPL clubs. Of course they are for "The Sweatshop". Me, as a Victory member, I'd like to see a second division of fully professional clubs, and eventually pro/rel, but I'm extremely wary of the plastic mono-ethnic social clubs (pretending to be football clubs), given their history of holding the game back, their cash grab from juniors, their poor administration and also the current poorly put together AAFC proposal.

You are spon on, ex-NSL clubs like Brisbane Lions (Roar), Newcastle United (Jets), Adelaide United, Perth Glory & Football Kingz (NZ Knights) sure have a history of holding back the game.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:15 AM
Arthur - 1 Nov 2017 9:45 AM

Pretty expensive lesson.  Parents deserve to know where their $1000 dollars go.

100%
Victoria NPL
39 week season in NPL 3 sessions per week
Cost $2,200 including GST
Per session = $18.80

Or do it this way
39 weeks
117 training sessions
30+matches
147 sessions and Games
= $14.96 for each one

This all because of FFA regulations and its going up and the FFA TD admitted it when he said a 2 star academy will cost upto $600K to operate.
with 150 kids in NPL that is $4,000 per head.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

bigpoppa - 1 Nov 2017 10:24 AM

I was going to say if the HAL clubs payed transfer fees, the cash grab for the NPL might not be as high? but then I remembered they all just play pass the parcel with the current players hence why the need for this Championship is so high.

As a Tasmanian who am I too support outside of my NPL?

So introduce transfer fees.

As  a Tasmanian you should support Victory and Hawthorn.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:28 AM

I don't actually care about the second division.  The only issue is that it doesn't cause the financial collapse of the only fully pro league this country has ever had.

Most people here are delusional about how popular as a spectator sport football is in this country-like the ones who thought commercial FTA would do the trick.  There is little public demand for a second national league, and the demand for A_league waxes and wanes depending on the fortunes of Melbourne Victory or the star player factor.  It is what it is.

FFA is are doing a splendid job all by themselves in creating losses. Just ask the A-League owners.
Worst thing that could happen is if FFA runs "The Championship".

bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Roberts1 - 1 Nov 2017 10:11 AM
‘16 groups of new fans ‘That’s 16x0 equals 0There are no fans that can come from this BS league.Everyone has already jumped ship — ask the Hellas bitters - 99% have gone to MVThe 1% that remain that’s 20 people pollute this forum with BS daily as per this stupid topic

Effectively the number of people who paid a ridiculous fee to play the game in Victoria for "tin pot unsupported nothing clubs" equates to those who bothered to watch the Sydney derby, the A League's biggest game, nationally and free across metro Australia

And that's those who play in a state dominated by the AFL and Aussie rules grounds, let alone NSW where the fucking game was being played

The A League metrics are so low I cant believe you would actually come here to boast about them. A game with a TV deal 13% the size of the AFL, a salary cap 1/3 of the size, crowds 1/3 of the size...And the numbers continue to drop

But that's OK, because it is fairing better than leagues with no money and no interest

Keep on comparing your dick to a belly button

Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Obviously this issue is starting to agitate you.
Starting to scape the bottom of the barrel now.

Please keep posting you are doing more than I ever could for the creation of "The Championship"

Edited
7 Years Ago by Arthur
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

Arthur - 1 Nov 2017 10:30 AM
Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:15 AM

100%
Victoria NPL
Per session = $18.80

Or do it this way
39 weeks
117 training sessions
30+matches
147 sessions and Games
= $14.96 for each one

This all because of FFA regulations and its going up and the FFA TD admitted it when he said a 2 star academy will cost upto $600K to operate.

Whether that is cheap or expensive depends on the outcomes.  Right now, it would have to be considered a rip off.

$4000 per head is absurd.  Do you think Ibrahimovic parents, Xhaka's parents Ozil's parents could afford that kind of money?
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:30 AM

What a foolish and self centred comment.

Without a Tasmanian team playing in a National comp the game will not grow there.
They will not develop a football Culture. AFL is to entrenched there at the moment.
Without a Tasmanian Team we cannot unify and help grow Football Culture and a Football Footprint.

The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

100%
Victoria NPL
Per session = $18.80

Or do it this way
39 weeks
117 training sessions
30+matches
147 sessions and Games
= $14.96 for each one

Are you saying it costs $2,200 to be a junior NPL player?
Arthur
Arthur
World Class

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:37 AM

Whether that is cheap or expensive depends on the outcomes.  Right now, it would have to be considered a rip off.

$4000 per head is absurd.  Do you think Ibrahimovic parents, Xhaka's parents Ozil's parents could afford that kind of money?

Hey mate that is all based on FFA regulation.
LET ME REPEAT THAT IS ALL DUE TO THE FFA REGULATION OF THE NPL.
JUST IN CASE IT DIDN'T SINK IN THE FIRST AND SECOND TIME THE COSTS ARE REFLECTIVE OF FFA REGULATION OF THE NPL.

Arthur
Arthur
World Class

The Fans - 1 Nov 2017 10:40 AM

Are you saying it costs $2,200 to be a junior NPL player?

Unfortunately yes.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 1 Nov 2017 10:27 AM
bigpoppa - 1 Nov 2017 10:25 AM

Random CAPITALIZATION and use of bitters!!!! not a give away? Poor Pauly.

Needs more emojis.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Hate to break it to you, but that league is slowly dying as witnessed by attendances and TV audience numbers and the inability of teams like Roar to get sponsors. To a very large degree, the obsession with "metrics" and the current staleness of the league is whats driving interest in a second tier as majority of football fans are getting bored with HAL.

Now doubt FFA is to blame for many of the issues but so too are the HAL teams, I mean really, who would have thought Aussie audiences would be interested in a 38 year old unknown striker from Italy? Compare that with the hype & interest around Kenny Athiu's signing for Victory. Plus the constant recyling of players is terrible, this years Victory team is the team from 2 years ago just older & slower, Melb City has become Adelaide, Roar has Victory's pensioners, how can fans possible become engaged with a team when they play musical chairs. 

Personally I still believe expansion would be a better first step, but this isnt going anywhere so lets get the 2nd div up to bring some interest back into the game. 

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

bluebird - 1 Nov 2017 10:33 AM

Effectively the number of people who paid a ridiculous fee to play the game in Victoria for "tin pot unsupported nothing clubs" equates to those who bothered to watch the Sydney derby, the A League's biggest game, nationally and free across metro Australia

And that's those who play in a state dominated by the AFL and Aussie rules grounds, let alone NSW where the fucking game was being played

The A League metrics are so low I cant believe you would actually come here to boast about them. A game with a TV deal 13% the size of the AFL, a salary cap 1/3 of the size, crowds 1/3 of the size...And the numbers continue to drop

But that's OK, because it is fairing better than leagues with no money and no interest

I actually don't even get your point.  The league is barely a decade old.  Its up against a league that has some of he oldest clubs in the world of any code.  In tht time it has achieved crowds 1/ 3 the size

Its delusion to think that all these disparate State Clubs are suddenly going to create a league that challenges the AFL for TV dollars, and attendances.

Football in this country is what is:  Today's Melbournes Age has 8 stories about AFL on its homepage.  Football has one on Ange and one on the Euro leagues.  Its their off-season FFS.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bluebird - 1 Nov 2017 10:33 AM

He has an innie
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 9:44 AM

I know you are panicking because your plastic monopoly is coming to an end and you know the foreign pensioners just wont be able to keep up with the young aussie kids in the 2nd div. 

Let's not go too far hey?
1) nah
2) if these clubs get promoted they will also pay foreign pensioners
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

AJF - 1 Nov 2017 10:46 AM

Hate to break it to you, but that league is slowly dying as witnessed by attendances and TV audience numbers and the inability of teams like Roar to get sponsors. To a very large degree, the obsession with "metrics" and the current staleness of the league is whats driving interest in a second tier as majority of football fans are getting bored with HAL.

Now doubt FFA is to blame for many of the issues but so too are the HAL teams, I mean really, who would have thought Aussie audiences would be interested in a 38 year old unknown striker from Italy? Compare that with the hype & interest around Kenny Athiu's signing for Victory. Plus the constant recyling of players is terrible, this years Victory team is the team from 2 years ago just older & slower, Melb City has become Adelaide, Roar has Victory's pensioners, how can fans possible become engaged with a team when they play musical chairs. 

Personally I still believe expansion would be a better first step, but this isnt going anywhere so lets get the 2nd div up to bring some interest back into the game. 

The league isn't dying.  What's happening is that people are sick of 10 teams and they are sick of no-name imports and the same players going around.  None of that is unfixable

Roar is run by a strange owner so what do you expect that no-one wants to sponsor them.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

Arthur - 1 Nov 2017 10:40 AM

Without a Tasmanian team playing in a National comp the game will not grow there.
They will not develop a football Culture. AFL is to entrenched there at the moment.
Without a Tasmanian Team we cannot unify and help grow Football Culture and a Football Footprint.

AFL is entrenched and yet they have never had a Tasmanian team in the AFL.  How did that happen?
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro

Arthur - 1 Nov 2017 10:43 AM

JUST IN CASE IT DIDN'T SINK IN THE FIRST AND SECOND TIME THE COSTS ARE REFLECTIVE OF FFA REGULATION OF THE NPL.

What was it before the NPL?
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

What regulations are those?
Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend

Arthur - 1 Nov 2017 10:40 AM

Football's footprint in Tasmania is going quite well.  Player registration level is 2.3% of population and is the highest of the AFL states.  The national average is 2.5%.  A Tassie club in a national competition would provide a focus to further grow the game here.
Roberts1
Roberts1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
ExNSL bitters guess what- HELLAS is never coming back

SELF INTEREST
AJF
AJF
Pro

Enzo Bearzot - 1 Nov 2017 10:54 AM
AJF - 1 Nov 2017 10:46 AM

The league isn't dying.  What's happening is that people are sick of 10 teams and they are sick of no-name imports and the same players going around.  None of that is unfixable

Roar is run by a strange owner so what do you expect that no-one wants to sponsor them.

Trust me, it is. I am actively involved in football scene & 3 seasons ago there was real excitement around HAL from all the players & parents at the club, back end of last season you could see the interest dropping rapidly, and this season hardly anyone talks about the HAL. This isnt euro-snobbery at work, the interest is fading fast and most seriously, many of the people associated with youth football are disillusioned with HAL teams and lack of opportunity given to Aussie youth, which drives negative attitudes among the kids as they see no chance to play for HAL. 

100% agree, it's fixable but lack of action & vision by FFA & HAL teams means nothing will change.

bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro

Why should I?
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Yes but the NPL clubs can offset those costs through raising income via other methods than simply increasing fees. I would love it if the FFA had the funds to reduce fees for players, but ultimately they don't. So NPL clubs need to be a bit smarter how they do business, if they want to reduce the fees for their players. There is an old saying "if you want it bad enough you'll find a way, otherwise you'll find an excuse"
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search